PDA

View Full Version : if you had the ability to...

Space_Dude
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
If you had the ability to go back in time would you?? knowing the risks of changing the time line?? and you had to go back to your own time eventually.

antichrist
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM
If you had the ability to go back in time would you?? knowing the risks of changing the time line?? and you had to go back to your own time eventually.

I have always been jealous of Mike J Fox for doing exactly dat. And also that guy who come back with the book so he knew what horses won the races so he made a fortune.

I would go back and give JC a good kick in the butt, take him down from the cross before he can die and resurrect and save all of us. Than no happy clappies - that would be heaven. I would intro him to a few nice girls so he got a life.

Kaitlin
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
there a new Movie showing called "knowing" <- or something like that .. wait its not going back in time its the opposite - I will put it in recreational mathematics

antichrist
04-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Kaitlin, when you go ahead in time make sure they play Janis Joplin at my funeral, I want a good Catholic burial. Also water my garden for me, clean the birdcage and get the newspaper in thanks.

Redmond Barry
04-04-2009, 06:50 PM
i would go back to 9 oclock this morning prior to having my first cup of tea for the day and tell myself that the milk is off and that.......

quote.....
your going to waste time ruining a perfectly good cup of tea with sour milk. take the short stroll down to the deli for some more and your day will be a lot more pleasant. dont forget to wear a hat or you might burn if you short stroll turns into a long walk.
unquote.....

cups of tea are just that important.......

useless patzer
04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
i would go back to 9 oclock this morning prior to having my first cup of tea for the day and tell myself that the milk is off and that.......

quote.....
your going to waste time ruining a perfectly good cup of tea with sour milk. take the short stroll down to the deli for some more and your day will be a lot more pleasant. dont forget to wear a hat or you might burn if you short stroll turns into a long walk.
unquote.....

cups of tea are just that important.......

No, cups of coffee are that important. What is the point of ruining hot water by putting tea in it?

Redmond Barry
04-04-2009, 08:12 PM
No, cups of coffee are that important. What is the point of ruining hot water by putting tea in it?

you maschochist. why do you torture yourself so ???

i will pray for thee. ;) ;)

Desmond
04-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I have always been jealous of Mike J Fox for doing exactly dat. And also that guy who come back with the book so he knew what horses won the races so he made a fortune.Biff Tanner

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2008/03/biff-(2).jpg

Kevin Bonham
06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

So long as I didn't have to go back for too long, and could pick when I went back to, I would do so - not to meddle, but to gather information in a way that wouldn't be at all likely to change the history of subsequent events.

Rincewind
06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
So long as I didn't have to go back for too long, and could pick when I went back to, I would do so - not to meddle, but to gather information in a way that wouldn't be at all likely to change the history of subsequent events.

But would you (with this newly acquired information) hope to significantly change your probable future? Or would you just be gathering intelligence for interest's sake?

Kevin Bonham
06-04-2009, 06:17 PM
But would you (with this newly acquired information) hope to significantly change your probable future? Or would you just be gathering intelligence for interest's sake?

The sorts of examples I've thought of immediately were of the latter kind, but even if that knowledge has an impact on my future after I return, that's no big deal.

The hazard with going back and meddling would be returning to find the changes you caused have, very indirectly, impacted harmfully on your own life circumstances.

Oh, despite saying I wouldn't meddle, I would buy the llama tie (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?p=213761&highlight=llamas#post213761) so I could take it back with me to the present and wear it.

antichrist
08-04-2009, 04:03 PM
If I was around the time when JC was supposed to be, I would jump forward and get an original copy of Origin of the Species, then go back to teach JC. then what a wonderful world we would have.

eclectic
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
If I was around the time when JC was supposed to be, I would jump forward and get an original copy of Origin of the Species, then go back to teach JC. then what a wonderful world we would have.

methinks jc would counteract with a copy of

origin of the specious

:owned:

Space_Dude
08-04-2009, 07:50 PM
i would go back to the jurasic ages and squash a butterfly!!

eclectic
08-04-2009, 08:11 PM
i would go back to the jurasic ages and squash a butterfly!!

most likely there were none then

Desmond
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
He could take one with him.

Rincewind
08-04-2009, 08:31 PM
most likely there were none then

Hard to say. But the following makes interesting reading...

Butterfly Fossils (http://www.crystalinks.com/fossilbutterfly.html)