PDA

View Full Version : Animated Avators

Space_Dude
15-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Is it possible to have an animated avator? I tried it but it said I may not upload an animated avator but ive ssen some CC users having an animated avator..

Kevin Bonham
15-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Obviously it works but for those who want to try it I suspect you'll have to keep them small. On other forums I have seen some posters make things difficult for others by loading up 1-meg animated avatars. :rolleyes:

ElevatorEscapee
16-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Yes, you can have an animated avatar, but you need to be considered a good friend by Bill & Kevin! :lol: (Actually, only joking, that's not true.)

I think the only ones who remained with animated avatars up to this point were those who had them prior to the last "upgrade". Those who had had animated gifs for their avatars previously (eg Bergil) and then since changed to a static avatar, could not change back to an animated one.

Nice of RW to come up with a solution, although as Doc Bon says, for the consideration of all users, please keep them under certain size limits.

Bandwidth is an important consideration on forum sites such as this, (bandwidth usage of upload/download data costs money, and it may make this site economically unviable if lots of people are posting huge animated avatars and pictures in signature files that drain bandwidth faster than Dracula at the blood bank).

I have seen forum sites suffer in the past from overusage of bandwidth because they allowed large images in sig files, and overly large (memory wise) avatars. What normally happens in that case is that visitors receive a message from the hosting ISP that the site has "exceeded its bandwidth limit", and you may have to wait a few days to access it.

I certainly wouldn't want that to happen here!

Just my two penneth worth,

~EE :)

littlesprout85
17-03-2009, 06:21 PM
WAT DA !!!!!!!!

Heyyz DeManns got an Animated Avatar now :C

How Did this secret get to ems Sprouty would like to know.

Meh would really like to know cause meh palm tree Avatar would be grand if it was swaying like the one in super mario bro 3 :D

yup-yup- Maybe Rincewinds or Elevators could help sprout in this indeaver.:uhoh:

-sprout85 =)

Kaitlin
17-03-2009, 08:15 PM
an avatar with personality doesnt need to jump around :rolleyes:

Mischa
17-03-2009, 09:34 PM
:(

Miranda
17-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Sprouty - if it's not broke, don't fix it!

AzureBlue
17-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Why wouldn't it work? lol

Mischa
17-03-2009, 10:26 PM
jenny?

AzureBlue
18-03-2009, 03:57 PM
jenny?
Yeah, thats my name :)
lol :lol:

littlesprout85
18-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow,

Now Sprouty is all confused and smiling here in da studeo :P

Meh is confused cause all this time meh didnt think meh palm tree was rocking hard enough. Now after this kinda response meh might not wanna jack with it. So-so Confused now da sprout is :S

-Sprout85 =)

Ian Murray
19-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow,

Now Sprouty is all confused and smiling here in da studeo :P

Meh is confused cause all this time meh didnt think meh palm tree was rocking hard enough. Now after this kinda response meh might not wanna jack with it. So-so Confused now da sprout is :S

-Sprout85 =)
Teh commun lolcat simtums - see www.farleftside.com/2009/2-4-09.html