PDA

View Full Version : Online Aussie chess club

Trent Parker
15-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Quoting from the acf Bulletin;

Internet projects: online Aussie chess club/chess "wiki": Helpers are sought for two internet projects I'd like to start - an online Aussie chess club, and an open online chess encyclopedia (a "wiki" in techno-speak). Let's take them one at a time.

Online Aussie Chess Club: I'd like to start a "club" for Aussie players on FICS, the Free Internet Chess Server. What I have in mind is simply setting up a time to "meet" on FICS (say weeknights 6pm AEST till late, to allow widespread participation, plus weekend play) *and* adopting a chat channel (I nominate channel 250, which seems little used) so that club members can talk to each other. the facilities - software, server etc - all already exist ... the only issue is organising the get-together. I envisage that informal tournaments and blitz competitions, etc, could be run, as well as impromptu training sessions and so on. Webpages would be set up to make it easy for people to download the software needed and join the club. Unfortunately, I work nights - so I would not be able to run the thing myself. If anyone would like to help out on this, please email me.
- PaulB

wouldn't that be an interesting Idea. I hope this succeeds!! :)

paulb
01-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Try out http://www.auschess.org.au/occ

log on as

Username: 1 (or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Password: password

It's a simple chess-playing interface that's just been set up on the ACF server. People who want to use it regularly should email me their preferred name and password and i"ll set up and account.

Samson
13-09-2008, 12:27 PM
This looks gay! It is not what a real server should look like.

Desmond
15-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I believe the preferred term is, "ghey". ;)

Samson
15-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Pay attention to the man in the iron cage only.

trappistnight
26-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Try out http://www.auschess.org.au/occ

log on as

Username: 1 (or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Password: password

It's a simple chess-playing interface that's just been set up on the ACF server. People who want to use it regularly should email me their preferred name and password and i"ll set up and account.

Good. It worcked well.