PDA

View Full Version : Chess Training

skip to my lou
03-10-2003, 01:08 PM
:arrow: http://www.chesskit.com/training/

rolly16
19-06-2005, 12:10 AM
up here in pasig city, near the world famous manila, the newly formed meralco chess club was formed by employees of the biggest electric utility company in the philippines. the pioneers were former chess players for the company that used to compete with other companies in the country and one of its best finish was a 3rd palce in a national inter-commercial tournament sponsored by metropolitan chess club of russian trained mila emperado.

and going to training, one of the club's first few moves was the conduct of a chess clinic on opening theories for children of meralco employees just last may 2005. more than 20 kids showed up in the 3-session free clinic whose speakers were darryl mata on the importance of opening preparation, ruben lagrimas on world champions' first exposure to chess, marichu lazaro on a survey of the popular openings and rolly sol cruz on the major variations of the sicilian defence. the graduation ceremony was a novel kids vs adults game where 3 kids; 7, 12 and 17 years old turned the tables on their much older counter-parts!!! gm's in the making, i hope.

rolly16
19-06-2005, 12:12 AM
btw, half of these kids who attended the free clinic will be joining the shell national active chess tournament for youth in june 25 and 26.

Capablanca-Fan
24-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Maybe we need a section on book reviews, so threads can be started on individual books.

Kaitlin
17-11-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fngiLiuK6I

Dougy
25-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe we need a section on book reviews, so threads can be started on individual books.

Sounds like a good idea Does one exist?

bobby1972
18-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I teach my son (8) but i was thinking maybe as an only child it be more fun to have a friend along for the lesson say every 2 weeks,we are in blackburn.

Therapist_S
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
My nephew is 12 now and i noticed that when we play chess he is
seriously observed that . show we are finding a best chess institute .
Can anybody give any information about the best one chess institute .

thanks all.:hand:

[spam link deleted]

Kevin Bonham
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
My nephew is 12 now and i noticed that when we play chess he is
seriously observed that . show we are finding a best chess institute .
Can anybody give any information about the best one chess institute .

Please make more effort to ensure your posts make sense. If you continue to make posts that do not make sense and that link to a commercial website your account will be banned.