PDA

View Full Version : What are these positions?

Oepty
13-07-2004, 11:03 AM
When I put the list of people up to thank for their work on the ACF council I looked at the ACF Executive page (http://www.auschess.org.au/acfexec.htm). I saw a list of positions and wondered what they were supposed to do and whether they are doing them. This is not a criticism of the people who hold the position but a query. For all I know these people could be doing a lot of good work for Australian chess and recognition not cricticism is deserved. As they appear on the web page, what are the following people supposed to be doing and what are they doing?

Corporate Relations:
PETER WALLMAN

Director of Coaching:
DAVID CORDOVER

Public Officer:
DENNIS JESSOP

Publicity Officer:
ASHLEY RAMBUKWELLA

Tournament Coordinator:
MICHAEL BARON

Coaching Coordinator:
MATTHEW SWEENEY

I think Matthew got his position to organise a coaching accreditation scheme, but why do we need a Coaching Coordinator and a Director of Coaching?

Scott

shaun
13-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Public Officer:
DENNIS JESSOP

It is a legal requirement for any incorporated body to have such a position. The responsibility of the Public Officer is to inform the government body responsible for incorporations of pretty much anything they want to know (eg membership lists, office bearers, submit audited financial reports etc etc).
Since the ACF was incorporated way back when (1983 or so) Dennis has held this position.

Brian_Jones
14-07-2004, 09:15 AM
ACF incorporation was a little later than that Shaun. I think between 1988 and 1990 from memory!

Kevin Bonham
14-07-2004, 06:48 PM
These are non-voting, non-executive officebearer positions. Denis is the only one with specified regular duties (to do with incorporation). Some of the others haven't done a lot for a while.