PDA

View Full Version : SQL Gurus

Basil
26-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Any SQL gurus out there (here). Please speak up - there's a $100 for a small assignment. Of course I could pay in HCDs but I'd rather make it interesting with folding :eh:

Space_Dude
26-01-2009, 11:01 PM
What's SQL:?::?:

Basil
27-01-2009, 01:12 AM
What's SQL:?::?:
A programming language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sql)

NB: As with many things, a little kowledge can be dangerous :lol: :uhoh:
NNB: As with many things, a little knowledge about the dangers of having a little knowledge can save a lot of heartache and thus the original post ;)

Spiny Norman
27-01-2009, 05:36 AM
I know a bit of SQL, but only a bit ... so chances are, if its a complex request, it'd take me close to forever to finish the job ... BUT ... if nobody else puts their hand up, I'll have a look at it for you (if I can't do it, I'll know pretty quick). I have a good friend who is a SQL guru, so maybe I can co-opt him to help me out.

Garrett
27-01-2009, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't call myself a guru Howie, but I'd be willing to help out if I can (HCD's would be fine).

What's the nature of your request ? Are you thinking of creating a little database ?

perhaps you could post your data diagram here for critique before you start creating tables.

cheers
Garrett.

Basil
27-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks boys. On the fly atm, but will get PMs to you within 24 hours.

Garrett
29-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi Howie

Just sent you an email as Chesschat doesn't like me PM'ing this morning for some reason.

Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Cheers
Garrett.

Basil
29-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi Howie

Just sent you an email as Chesschat doesn't like me PM'ing this morning for some reason.

Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Cheers
Garrett.
Dear Mr Guru

Mail received thanks. I'm guessing the word database coupled with some of the command words within your text would have glitched with the BB. In light of same, I'll remain with e-mail.

Love
Howie

I'll just keep