PDA

View Full Version : adios and definitely not au revoir.

bruce
08-07-2004, 09:34 AM
I thought this would be a serious bridge forum but all I have come across is a bunch of palookas.

Don't call me, I'll call you.

bruce

shaun
08-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

auriga
08-07-2004, 02:02 PM
we created the bridge forum as place to discuss bridge relating to australia.
i've logged onto bridgebase a few times and think the internet is great for bridge (as well as chess, poker, etc.)
a forum to connect up the bridge community in australia i think is useful (and worth the space on the server here).

however, we've only just started tapping into this online community
so i guess we have to be patient until we attract other bridge players, etc.
this may spark more serious discussion (or it may not!)

also, some posts can sound a bit rude or cheeky in a forum such as this (and on the internet in general) simply because the internet doesn't capture sarcasm well.

in short, i would see how things pan out (after we've been going a bit longer and got the word out) and don't worry about the cheeky posts!

Rincewind
08-07-2004, 02:20 PM
You can't add a forum to a server and expect 100s of bridge enthusiasts everywhere from Darwin to the 'Loo to start using it inside of 2 weeks. You need to spread the word in other forums, newsletters, etc before you reach the critical mass of regulars.

Although I agree with Shaun, Bruce did come over a bit on the rude side of the cheeky/rude continuum. The sarcasm definitely had an air of arrogance and I certainly won't be mourning his departure.

arosar
08-07-2004, 06:37 PM
I thought this would be a serious bridge forum but all I have come across is a bunch of palookas.

Don't call me, I'll call you.

bruce

Good riddance!

AR

eclectic
08-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Good riddance!

AR

a bit rich with that word "palookas" was that bruce ...

wouldn't you expect at least one quarter of posters to a bridge forum to be dummies anyway ?

;) :owned:

eclectic

Rincewind
08-07-2004, 08:32 PM
wouldn't you expect at least one quarter of posters to a bridge forum to be dummies anyway ?

:lol:

An oldie but...

Lucena
09-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

:lol: