PDA

View Full Version : Private Message

Hobbes
05-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Is there something I need to do to get private messages to work?

When I try to create a private message, I get this:

Hobbes, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Bill Gletsos
05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
You need to enable it.
Go to the UserCP (top left) and click on it
Then click on Edit Options on the left hand side.
In the options that then appear click "Enable Private Messaging" to enable Private Messaging.
It is also probably a good idea to click on "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" to enable it also.

Hobbes
05-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Bill.

I am possibly missing something obvious, but I can't see an "Enable Private Messaging" option. :hmm:

There is a "Messaging & Notification" box, but it just has 2 sections:- Receive Email and Default Thread Subscription Mode.

I have ticked both Receive Email boxes under "Receive Email", but my private messaging doesn't work.

Bill Gletsos
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Bill.

I am possibly missing something obvious, but I can't see an "Enable Private Messaging" option. :hmm:

There is a "Messaging & Notification" box, but it just has 2 sections:- Receive Email and Default Thread Subscription Mode.

I have ticked both Receive Email boxes under "Receive Email", but my private messaging doesn't work.Ah that is because you have not yet made sufficient posts to be permitted to use the PM feature.

Bill Gletsos
05-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Ah that is because you have not yet made sufficient posts to be permitted to use the PM feature.Actually you need to wait for the scheduled maintenance scripts to run to update your "usergroup".

Hobbes
05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Ah, that would explain it, thanks.

Well, I might as well increase my post count by asking...

how many posts do you need for PM to work?

(Edit: posted before I read the reply about scheduled maintenance.)

AzureBlue
07-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Several months ago, my PM limit, I recall, was 100. Now it's 500. Is this because I have reached 500+ posts and been bolded or just a general change for all members?

Rincewind
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Several months ago, my PM limit, I recall, was 100. Now it's 500. Is this because I have reached 500+ posts and been bolded or just a general change for all members?

I'll lock in (A) thanks, Eddy.

AzureBlue
07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I'll lock in (A) thanks, Eddy.
Alright, thanks, thought so :)

littlesprout85
10-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Aw Crikey :0

Hobbes hasnt gotten ems pm's abilities yet :doh:

Next thing theyll tell yea hobbes is that there isnt an extra set of keys to the exe. bathroom :eh:

-Sprout85 =)