PDA

View Full Version : After life

Space_Dude
21-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Do you believe in after life or do you think its just mumbo jumbo
i personally think its possible but u dont get recarnated in to animals and crap

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2008, 01:18 AM

I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabb-bit

Igor_Goldenberg
21-11-2008, 09:23 AM
i personally think its possible but u dont get recarnated in to animals and crap
I don't know where that crap of reincarnating into animals came from.

TheJoker
21-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't know where that crap of reincarnating into animals came from.

This might be helpful then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation

Igor_Goldenberg
21-11-2008, 11:34 AM
This might be helpful then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation
Thanks, I know where the idea of reincarnation came from.
What does it have to do with animals?

MichaelBaron
21-11-2008, 12:22 PM
There are several religions (including a main-stream religion like Hindu) that believe in reincarnation. Overall, the concept of after-life is existent (in some shape or form) in every religion. Even in Christianity, when were refer to Heaven and Hell...aren't we referring to afterlife?

Igor_Goldenberg
21-11-2008, 02:16 PM
There are several religions (including a main-stream religion like Hindu) that believe in reincarnation. Overall, the concept of after-life is existent (in some shape or form) in every religion. Even in Christianity, when were refer to Heaven and Hell...aren't we referring to afterlife?
Yes, I read a bit about reincarnation about 15 years ago (as part of Karma theory). Some interesting thoughts, no self-contradictions. However, none of the books I read ever mention human reincarnating in animals or anything apart from human.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 11:05 PM
If u r dead u r dead ot if ur dead ur mind still exists but u dont have physical body

Rincewind
28-11-2008, 06:08 AM
If u r dead u r dead ot if ur dead ur mind still exists but u dont have physical body

I haven't seen any evidence for dualism and plenty of reasons to think dualism is wrong.

TheJoker
28-11-2008, 09:46 AM
What about the idea that the information that was contained within your mind still exists after you are dead, based on the concept of conservation of information.

MichaelBaron
28-11-2008, 10:28 AM
What about the idea that the information that was contained within your mind still exists after you are dead, based on the concept of conservation of information.

Would be good...but hard to establish a link between Hindu religion..and contemporary knowledge management methodologies :owned:

On a serious note, if spirits do exist, there is no reason why they should not be able to sustain intellectual capital.

TheJoker
28-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Would be good...but hard to establish a link between Hindu religion..and contemporary knowledge management methodologies :owned:

On a serious note, if spirits do exist, there is no reason why they should not be able to sustain intellectual capital.

I thinking more along the lines of how some psychics seem (based on the Sensing Murder TV show hahaha) to able to gather information about past events such as crimes. But are hopeless at predicting the future (e.g. lotto numbers). Perhaps the information about past events including our memories is conserved.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 03:41 PM
What I dont get is Near DEath Expreience they all say they have seen heaven and hell but scientists thinks it is triggered by a chemical in your brain or something

Capablanca-Fan
28-11-2008, 04:03 PM
What I dont get is Near DEath Expreience they all say they have seen heaven and hell but scientists thinks it is triggered by a chemical in your brain or something
I wrote on NDEs (http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/3823/)a while ago.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I wrote on NDEs (http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/3823/)a while ago.
Nice!

Bruce Oates
27-01-2009, 02:32 PM

The American indians believe in reincarnation & it is a very practical
philosophy. You die, you must be buried above ground & let an animal
or bird eat you, your spirit becomes part of the eater.
More like recycling than reincarnation & alas your crap fear would appear
the most likely. :(

Space_Dude
30-01-2009, 04:10 PM
The American indians believe in reincarnation & it is a very practical
philosophy. You die, you must be buried above ground & let an animal
or bird eat you, your spirit becomes part of the eater.
More like recycling than reincarnation & alas your crap fear would appear
the most likely. :(
I would not like to get picked bit by bit and eaten by some bird and animals. No way sireno!

antichrist
30-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I think the idea of afterlife came as explanation to one having dreams about some close relo (mama) who may have died. About the nearest to any afterlife we will come to.

But the Mohammedian version is best!