PDA

View Full Version : Brain Function Test

PHAT
28-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Try this test. I was smack bang in the middle. I suspect good chess players would be at one end of the spectrum while good chess administrators would be up the other end.

Have fun.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s1063853.htm

eclectic
28-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Try this test. I was smack bang in the middle. I suspect good chess players would be at one end of the spectrum while good chess administrators would be up the other end.

Have fun.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s1063853.htm

I got zero ... zilch !!

I must be catatonic ...

Does lithium affect brain switching?

Matthew, does this make me ACF presidential material?

;)

eclectic

frogmogdog
28-06-2004, 08:43 PM
hey that was fun, i like that sort of stuff. i scored at least 8 - didn't have a timer.

i was surprised to see that put me with the musicians and dancers - thought i might have been with the mathematicians - although i did play in a punk band a quarter of a century ago (does that count as music?).

i'm left handed, so maybe frequent switcheroos are more likely in lefties (actually, analysing the results for political orientation could be interesting -- 'tis a well known fact that left wingers have the best music).

Rincewind
28-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Who wrote this sentence?

If you scored less than 4, your brain switch rate is slow, like a
mathematicians.

Which sub-editor let it through?

PHAT
28-06-2004, 09:13 PM
I got zero ... zilch !!

I must be catatonic ...

Does lithium affect brain switching?

Matthew, does this make me ACF presidential material?

;)

eclectic

No switching is an indicator for bipolar disorder. [true]

As for lithium, perhaps it prevents rapid switching which is good for both of you.

Rincewind
28-06-2004, 09:22 PM
No switching is an indicator for bipolar disorder. [true]

I was going to do a manic depressive joke but thought it might be in bad taste.

Kevin Bonham
29-06-2004, 12:42 AM
It was hard for me to do it accurately as I had no assistant to help but I seem to switch fairly slowly - say 2. In my case the dots never completely disappeared, they would fade and come back into view. As they came back into view my eye would be drawn towards them.

I think it makes sense that my brain switches would be slower because while I'm not a mathematician (just a former teenage maths whiz!) I often find myself doing tasks that I assume would require one specific side of the brain or other for long periods at a time.