PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly Which edition do you prefer

Space_Dude
29-09-2008, 04:32 PM
My self I prefer the original or the indiana jones eddition.(it has a nice wooden case.)

Rincewind
29-09-2008, 05:24 PM
My self I prefer the original or the indiana jones eddition.(it has a nice wooden case.)

On the table, I've only played the standard Australian edition which is (I believe) the English edition with the pound signs changed to dollars.

I've played the US edition in computer version but prefer the standard.

CameronD
29-09-2008, 06:19 PM
My aunt has a ver old (1950ish version with old cards and the pieces actually move (wheelburrow wheel moves etc, amazing dertail) and some of the street colors dont match todays, and buetiful old colored money.

It's a real pleasure to use.

bergil
29-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I have a Star Wars Phantom Menace collectors edition with the 3D board and tokens of little Anakin Skywalker, Jar Jar Binks, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, Darth Sidious, Battle Droid, Darth Maul and Sebulba.

The best thing is that with the raised sides you don't throw the dice off the table and the houses stack neatly.

eclectic
29-09-2008, 07:16 PM
i can't wait for the chesschat edition which sees axiom frequently in jail alongside other reprobates :P

CameronD
29-09-2008, 09:57 PM
i can't wait for the chesschat edition which sees axiom frequently in jail alongside other reprobates :P

:P Gunner is fined $150 for dribbling square

Kevin Bonham
29-09-2008, 10:02 PM
My aunt has a ver old (1950ish version with old cards and the pieces actually move (wheelburrow wheel moves etc, amazing dertail) and some of the street colors dont match todays, and buetiful old colored money.

It's a real pleasure to use.

I have seen a version of similar vintage in which quite a few of the Chance and Community Chest cards are different (as in carrying different instructions, not just looking different) to the well-known ones.

ER
29-09-2008, 10:53 PM
the one we used to play with at the Melbourne Chess Club in the good old days and Bazza Dillon used to kick my butt in the final stages... By the way I hope the brand new scrabble set (the one with rhe revolving board) i bought for the Club for Xmas present in 2006 or was it 2005 (442 help) is still there!
Cheers and good luck

CameronD
29-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I have seen a version of similar vintage in which quite a few of the Chance and Community Chest cards are different (as in carrying different instructions, not just looking different) to the well-known ones.

could be the same set