PDA

View Full Version : Searching for acfmast.trn for SP

Dougy
19-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi guys,
I can't find the acfmast.trn file for the September ratings. After downloading from the "ACF master list zipped" link on the auschess, ratings page I only get the sepmst08.txt file (in zipped form).
I can import the data from the sepmst08.txt file into Swiss Perfect after changing the import set-up, however it's rather messy.
Any suggestions? Am I doing something silly?

- Dougy

Spiny Norman
19-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi Dougy, I'm sure they'll be along shortly ... last time I asked about SP TRN files:
www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=7257&page=4

it turned out that they sometimes take a little longer to materialise.

Dougy
19-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Ta, I did do a search to see if this was asked before, but your post didn't come up.

No worries then, I can make do with the sepmst08.txt file for now.

Bill Gletsos
19-09-2008, 01:04 PM
No worries then, I can make do with the sepmst08.txt file for now.That is not the best idea.

PM me your email address and I'll end you the September acfmasrt.trn file some time tonight.

Dougy
19-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks Bill, I PM'd you. Although I don't need it for any tournament that need to be submitted, so it's not a big deal - just to update some results the website.

Dougy
19-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks, got it. (:

Garvinator
24-09-2008, 02:29 PM
sp files are up: http://www.auschess.org.au/ratings/acfrate.htm

Ian Murray
27-09-2008, 10:18 AM
sp files are up: http://www.auschess.org.au/ratings/acfrate.htm
And at www.caq.org.au/htm/ratings.htm

Ian Rout
27-09-2008, 10:53 AM
And at www.caq.org.au/htm/ratings.htm
And also at

http://www.ianandjan.com/ian/ratings/

Both of those links also have instructions on how to use it.

On my version I have copied the rapid ratings to the column LOC_RTG2 as I can't see them anywhere else, which won't worry those States that don't bother rating rapids.

Bill Gletsos
27-09-2008, 12:31 PM
On my version I have copied the rapid ratings to the column LOC_RTG2 as I can't see them anywhere else, which won't worry those States that don't bother rating rapids.How does using LOC_RTG2 help since if you have set the local ratings to be imported from that field then players who have a normal and no rapid show up as blanks.

Those running rapid events should use the provided SP rapid master file acfrapid.trn
That way when you import a player, if they have a rapid rating it will use it, otherwise it will use their normal rating.

Ian Rout
28-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I think there is greater efficiency having one file rather than two when they are being downloaded and copied all over the place and have identical content bar one field. The benefit of having unrated rapid players populated with normal ratings is a mixed blessing as the two scales are not calibrated. In any case it's largely irrelevant as among the target audience, namely the ACT, there are very few players who have a normal but not a rapid rating, except those who don't play rapids at all. It's far more likely to be the other way around as the rapid (active players) list is about twice as long as the normal list.