PDA

View Full Version : New Smilies

skip to my lou
05-11-2003, 09:24 AM
=D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) O:) =; :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-#

Click "View more Emoticons" in the emoticons panel! ;)

Gandalf
06-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Gah, some of our emoticons really suck. I particularly dislike the guy with the fingers, \:D/ this one.

However, I can see myself using the clapping =D> guy a lot in future. Should I move this to announcements? Or do you want more feedback like the above? ;)

skip to my lou
06-11-2003, 09:17 AM
lol more feedback ;)

Rahul
20-11-2003, 09:37 PM
very nice!

Gandalf
15-12-2003, 06:38 AM
Haha you know what? \:D/ has grown on me. He's so "haha you got OWNED!"

Anyway, can someone help me find some more emoticons that go with the current ones? I know you guys love the MSN thumbs up and down, but I need to find versions that fit the current set. If you've seen any we can steal, let me know.

skip to my lou
15-12-2003, 06:50 AM
yes, will let u know.

LOL... cant wait to use that one :P ... ;) ;)

Hobbes
15-07-2011, 05:41 PM
What is the story with the smileys (listed here (http://chesschat.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies) and also here (http://www.chesschat.org/misc.php?do=showsmilies))?

The smilies on the top half of the page work when you type the ":...:" stuff, but the ones on the bottom half of the page do nothing. Does somebody need to manually code something for each word in colons to make the software display an emoticon, or does a non-extensible set of smilies come with the vBulletin software?

Trent Parker
10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow! This has to be some record! A thread from before the ACF bulletin board members came accross to chesskit/chesschat.

To answer hobbes question.... I think due to several updates and what not they do not work

Hobbes
10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes I know they don't work, I was hoping someone could tell me whether they were a package deal outside Chesschat's control, or if some coding by admin types would enable them.

As to why I asked the question here instead of a new thread, long story to do with triumphalism...

littlesprout85
11-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Talk about a blast from da Past :doh:

One of the reasons sprouty likes chesschats is the emoticons:rolleyes:
for the longest time meh was wondering the same question Hobbes puts forth here in this thread. Even thou its an ancient thread,still a good thread just the same:owned:

Not to long ago there were alot more emoticons floating around chesschats boards & shoutbox, Like there was a Tumbleweed- PLZ HD's Bring it back so Sprouty can figure out how to use it- heck it can be meh Signature:pray:

Also there were spaceships & all kinda crazyness. JaK & HDs knows da secret of great emoticons & how to display em here at chesschats:eh:

-Sprout85 =)

Hobbes
11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Found a few links talking about adding smilies for vbulletin.

This one (http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69188) for example, don't know if it is relevant for the version of vbulletin used by Chesschat.

Kevin Bonham
11-08-2011, 05:02 PM
We do have the Smilie Manager but I'm doubtful that the admins (as opposed to the site owner) could do the FTP uploading; it seems the smiley has to be on the forum's server so only STML could do it.