PDA

View Full Version : The Suggestion Thread

Space_Dude
16-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I have created this thread to let people suggest something to improve the chesschat.org.

I think this forun should have a soveniour section to sell chesschat.org merchandise to earn money for the forum.
hope you post!

Tony

MichaelBaron
17-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I believe Chess Chat management is not interested in making any money out of this forum.

Space_Dude
17-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I believe Chess Chat management is not interested in making any money out of this forum.

I'm not saying that this idea is to make heaps of profit but as in we might want to advertise this forum encouraging more to join or donate by selling chesschat.org merchandise and let the public know about the forum while getting tiny little bit money to improve the forum...:)

Saragossa
12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
My suggestion is that there is some kind of thread that allows people to sell stuff through chess chat kind of like a trading post. Because I often have trouble finding older books that i want to purchase or if somebody wanted to start a club then used products old clocks etc could be sold through here.

BennyG
12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
My suggestion is that there is some kind of thread that allows people to sell stuff through chess chat kind of like a trading post. Because I often have trouble finding older books that i want to purchase or if somebody wanted to start a club then used products old clocks etc could be sold through here.
Sounds like a great idea and i'm sure plenty of people will be interested especially in books

Miranda
12-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Just one question:
Who would WEAR a chesschat.org t-shirt or use a chesschat.org coffee mug? I don't think selling merchandise would work very well!

BennyG
12-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Just one question:
Who would WEAR a chesschat.org t-shirt or use a chesschat.org coffee mug? I don't think selling merchandise would work very well!
I think Saragossa was trying to say that we sell chess stuff not merchandise. Yes your right i can't see anybody buying chesschat t-shirts or mugs :P

Miranda
12-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I think this forun should have a soveniour section to sell chesschat.org merchandise to earn money for the forum.

Don't souveniers usually have where you got them from printed somewhere on it? :P Or perhaps the books can have written on the front "PURCHASED FROM WWW.CHESSCHAT.ORG" ;)

ER
12-10-2008, 10:03 PM
ok Tony and Miranda to write the word "souvenir" 1000 times each, till they learn how to spell it properly! :P
Cheers!

Desmond
13-10-2008, 01:01 PM
My suggestion is that there is some kind of thread that allows people to sell stuff through chess chat kind of like a trading post. Because I often have trouble finding older books that i want to purchase or if somebody wanted to start a club then used products old clocks etc could be sold through here.There is this (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=7411) thread, although its not used much I'm sure you could breathe new life into it.

eclectic
13-10-2008, 04:38 PM
you are feeling very relaxed sitting in your comfy chair
your eyes cannot resist following this speck of light
and so they are slowly getting very very heavy ...

Miranda
13-10-2008, 04:47 PM
you are feeling very relaxed sitting in your comfy chair
your eyes cannot resist following this speck of light
and so they are slowly getting very very heavy ...

huh?

ER
13-10-2008, 07:25 PM
huh?

Lol that's Eclectic's cryptic style Miranda! :) My previous nic before I lost heaps of weight was heaviestknight, then it became heavyknight and now justaknight.
So if you follow the rhyme, you 'll find that he is talking about me obviously telling me off for being a conservative armchair critic! :)
Got it know?
Cheers and good luck!

Miranda
13-10-2008, 09:04 PM
oh... um... yeah. of course :)

Does he write cryptic crosswords or something for a living? :P

ER
13-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Miranda, actually, he is a fine artist, a man of letters and, having met him personally, I can assure you that he is a great person too! I was with him in Adelaide earlier this year when he scored one of his greatest wins against a very strong opponent!
Cheers!

Desmond
27-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Suggestion: A tournament links thread.

For things like current tournaments, it would be handy to have a single place to find links. Often if you are looking in a thread, the link to tournament details won't be on the page you are viewing. It might not be on the first page, or the last page. So you have to go through the entire thread to find a link. The current WCC thread is a case in point.

A links thread could be updated by a moderator so that all the currently relevant links are in the first post. No need for trawling through pages and pages, just go to the first post of this thread.

It could have sections for international events, and local events. Possibly more sections if people wanted it.