PDA

View Full Version : I got VIRUS!!!!!!!!!

Space_Dude
14-08-2008, 08:50 PM
HELP! I'm gatting bombarded by annoying popups, and i can't get rid of them.
MOst of the pop ups are anti spy ware stuff and it's telling me to buy the damned thing.:wall: :wall:
NEED HELP! PLEAS HELP! cannot go on with this thing.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MichaelBaron
14-08-2008, 10:47 PM
What anti-virus software have you got?

If it comes to the worst - you may have to reinstall windows :hmm:

Trent Parker
15-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Try getting ad-aware and Spybot search and destroy. I think you can get these for free over the internet but they work pretty well. Had them on my previous computer.

Alternatively download the Google toolbar.... It blocks popups

Desmond
15-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Find help here. (http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Must-Read-Before-Posting-Hijackthis-Log-t2852.html)

MichaelBaron
15-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Try getting ad-aware and Spybot search and destroy. I think you can get these for free over the internet but they work pretty well. Had them on my previous computer.

Alternatively download the Google toolbar.... It blocks popups

I fully agree with the first part of your suggestion. But as far as Google toolbar installation is concerned...well you can also change your security settings to disable pop-ups, the thing is - if you got a virus it has to be eliminated rather than localized. Therefore, rather than "block it" -it is best to run anti-virus software and if the problem remains - reinstall windows.

Trent Parker
15-08-2008, 04:28 PM
True.

But Tony's post sounds like adware problems which Google toolbar would stop those pop ups.

Tony If you do have a virus see your doctor :lol: May I suggest you download AVG Free which is a good program as well!

Space_Dude
16-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I fixed it!!!!!! I used Mal ware Best Anti Virus Ever! Recommended!

Southpaw Jim
16-08-2008, 10:39 PM
IMHO ClamWin is a better AV than AVG - at least, it picked up something on my PC that AVG hadn't..

Space_Dude
16-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I had the trojan Horse annoying!

george
25-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi All,

I had the same virus but downloaded spyhunter which is working but the virus keeps on coming back albeit in a poor form but Spyhunter knocks it out but the warning is that it imbeds and boomerangs back anything from 4 - 49 times before its exhausts itself.

Kindest Regards