PDA

View Full Version : Second round pairings, who gets which colour.

Garvinator
05-07-2008, 03:08 AM
This can be any tournament, so does not come from a specific tournament situation, but I do not know the answer.

First round has been played and four players have been allocated half point byes.

There were no played draws.

So for round two, who is supposed to get white in the two pairings, assuming dutch pairing rules and top half/bottom half pairings?

Swiss Perfect gives it to the higher rated player and I think Swiss Master gives white to the lower rated player.

Is there a set procedure for this situation?

Kevin Bonham
05-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I have never seen this question raised before and it doesn't seem to be addressed in the Dutch System rules.

Unless there is a ruling on this anywhere then I would rule that the players have the colour preference for round 2 that they would have had for round 1 based on their seeding number, had they played in round 1.

Bill Gletsos
05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Swiss Perfect gives it to the higher rated player and I think Swiss Master gives white to the lower rated player.No, Swiss Master gives white to the higher ranked player.

Bill Gletsos
05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I have never seen this question raised before and it doesn't seem to be addressed in the Dutch System rules.

Unless there is a ruling on this anywhere then I would rule that the players have the colour preference for round 2 that they would have had for round 1 based on their seeding number, had they played in round 1.Swiss Master gives white to the higher ranked player irrespective of what colour they would have received had they been in the first round.