PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best chess game for beginner?

Guterill
21-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Hello! I need best chess game from this list:

Fritz Chess 10
Kasparov Chessmate
Virtual Chess 2
ChessMaster 9000
ChessMaster 10th Edition
Chessmaster: The Art of Learning

I will buy the best game (first i will download cracked version) from this list.Which game has the best beginner lessons?

P.S. Sorry moderator for grammar errors (i am from serbia) and sorry if this isn't the best forum for this thread.

Rincewind
21-04-2008, 02:13 AM
The only one I've used in Chessmaster 10th. It's ok and has lots of features for new comers. But I'm sure most of the others probably do too.

Intuition
21-04-2008, 12:06 PM
start with chessmaster 9 or 10 then move onto fritz when you get more experienced

WCL-Skwerly
21-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Always try to purchase if you can, cracked versions can not only be buggy, they can be dangerous. I recommend Chessmaster 10 or Fritz, leaning toward Fritz for the strength and training, and Chessmaster for the price! :)

Basil
21-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Always try to purchase if you can, cracked versions can not only be buggy, they can be dangerous.
Many many cracked versions of software are designed to embed all sorts of nasties within the OS. Use at own risk. Repair and data loss often far more expensive than the software price originally avoided. If you must must used cracked software, do so from a reputable source! :doh: :P

Space_Dude
21-04-2008, 07:04 PM
you don't have to have one.
I never bought a chess programme for my laptop and i turned out fine.;)

Davidflude
21-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Hello! I need best chess game from this list:

Fritz Chess 10
Kasparov Chessmate
Virtual Chess 2
ChessMaster 9000
ChessMaster 10th Edition
Chessmaster: The Art of Learning

I will buy the best game (first i will download cracked version) from this list.Which game has the best beginner lessons?

P.S. Sorry moderator for grammar errors (i am from serbia) and sorry if this isn't the best forum for this thread.

The strongest legally free program that I know of is Crafty. The last time I looked it was up to version 19.19. It runs under Windows Linux and MAC operating systems.

WCL-Skwerly
23-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Bottom line, if you are just beginning and want chess to be fun AND informative, go with Chessmaster 9 or 10 - excellent learning tools and visually appealing as well! Besides, they come with lots of free lectures from the likes of Josh Waitzkin, and CM 10 comes with commentary from Larry Christiansen as well. GREAT stuff if you are starting out. :)

The best part is you can go to any software store and pick these programs up for 10 or 20 dollars! Once you go through ALL the lectures and exercises, play ALL the opponents and get bored of it, THEN save up for Fritz - it really is a good program, but it's generally aimed at stronger club players or tournament players in my opinion.

tanc
24-04-2008, 09:33 AM

Pls do not download cracked versions of the software.

There is no absolute best in terms of everything. Different players look for different things.

For an absolute beginner, I would recommend Chessmaster 10 mainly because of the very helpful tutorials included within. I especially liked how Josh Waitzkin walks you through the different tactics+tips.

It's now going for something like $20-30. Oh, if you do get it, do download the patch from UbiSoft where they have more custom-sets+patches etc.

I like Chessmaster because it's very user-friendly, the way it slowly introduces you to the game and how it makes a chess playing on the computer a hecka lot of fun!

I think the most important thing about playing chess is how to encourage the fun factor. After all, if you're not having fun, why play it?