PDA

View Full Version : Why does my ChessPartner crash?

WCL-Skwerly
20-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Man, this is getting old, ANY help on this subject would be GREATLY appreciated! On XP my CP would do OKAY, only crashing now and then. Now I am running Vista and this thing crashes constantly. Not sure if Vista is the cause or not, but my guess is not, because I have heard from several folks online that CP is just buggy. I have a hard time believing this myself, it is pretty popular. My question is this:

Is there anyone out there who has had similar problems and found a fix for it? I'm running the Gandalf 6.0 engine, I suppose the engine itself could be unstable and when it crashes CP goes down, but I'm not really sure! I love Gandalf and I love CP, it would just be nice to know that if I connect to a chess server, the dang bot will be there in the morning lol. Thanks in advance!:D

Jayhawker
30-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Man, this is getting old, ANY help on this subject would be GREATLY appreciated! On XP my CP would do OKAY, only crashing now and then. Now I am running Vista and this thing crashes constantly. Not sure if Vista is the cause or not, but my guess is not, because I have heard from several folks online that CP is just buggy. I have a hard time believing this myself, it is pretty popular. My question is this:

Is there anyone out there who has had similar problems and found a fix for it? I'm running the Gandalf 6.0 engine, I suppose the engine itself could be unstable and when it crashes CP goes down, but I'm not really sure! I love Gandalf and I love CP, it would just be nice to know that if I connect to a chess server, the dang bot will be there in the morning lol. Thanks in advance!:D

What version of chesspartner do you use? If you use Chesspartner 5 and make your own books, if the books are too big, CP has a tendency to crash, this is fixed in chesspartner 6, but you have to make sure you use the optimize program when you make your books so as not too have chains that are too long and such.