PDA

View Full Version : Can I join one of the tournaments?

Alexrules01
15-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Can I join one of the CC tournys, because I would like to play in 1

Desmond
15-04-2008, 10:04 PM
We're down to the last game in the current one, so I expect Garvin will start another one before too long. :)

Alexrules01
16-04-2008, 09:20 AM
ok, well I migt join! :)

Garvinator
16-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hello Alexrules01,

As Boris said, the next human only cc tournament will start soon after the last game finishes between Boris and Sunshine.

I would advise you have a read of this thread: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=7562&page=11 which contains some general and also specific information regarding how the tournaments are run and what is expected of each participant.

The last couple of human only tournaments have been marred by forfeits and time outs due to either players not being aware of the time commitment required or just failing to keep up with their commitments.

The time control will most likely be 30 days plus 3 days per move. This works exactly like an over the board fischer time control, in that you receive an initial 30 days and will receive an extra 3 days for every move you make.

A player must also make one move in each individual remaining game per seven days.

If you require some extra 'holiday' time, then you will need to contact me before you time out to request this time. It is not retrospective. There is a maximum of seven days allowed.

We do have a few other rules which can be covered when the next tournament set up is beginning. Thought I would cover the time control method now due to the number of time outs in the last tournament.

Garvinator
16-04-2008, 07:47 PM
It is highly likely that there will be about ten games going at once.

Alexrules01
16-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Alrite cool, add me when a new 1 starts!

Garrett
18-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm still interested too.