PDA

View Full Version : forum feedback

Pages : [1] 2

TDK_towards_TL
02-10-2003, 06:44 PM
This forum is very neat and professional. I like it alot.

Keep up the good work.

Rahul
02-10-2003, 06:48 PM
thanks!

much appreciated. :D

sarah_#1_eel
02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Yes its very neat looking...nice colours too. very cute emoticons as well.

Gandalf
03-10-2003, 05:15 PM
it is bright and fresh and has everything...except posts!

skip to my lou
03-10-2003, 05:16 PM
:D

Rahul
20-11-2003, 09:49 PM
it is bright and fresh and has everything...except posts!they will come soon! :D

Gandalf
20-11-2003, 11:03 PM
I'd say they're already on a steady rise, though the rate of growth seems to have slowed slightly in light of the imminent break. Perhaps people are lessening their internet use for the time being.

skip to my lou
21-11-2003, 01:09 AM
I haven't really worked on promoting though. But now is not the time to promote :) not just yet.

Gandalf
23-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Whatever happened to those posters? I was all ready to distribute them at school. Guess it'll be happening in February now. :)

skip to my lou
23-11-2003, 04:17 AM
Yes... I want to promote it after the online playing system is ready. :)

Gandalf
23-11-2003, 04:34 PM
That's a good idea actually, we'll get a lot more member interest if they can actually play chess (rather than just talk about it).

Rahul
02-12-2003, 10:26 PM
yeh it makes sense to promote something instead of nothing :P

Gandalf
06-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey, we're more than nothing...we're all talk!;)

skip to my lou
06-12-2003, 03:45 PM
no we're not! :rolleyes:

Rahul
06-12-2003, 11:02 PM
of course we are more than just talk.
we also have smilies!

Gandalf
10-12-2003, 01:30 AM
Checkmate! ;)

skip to my lou
10-12-2003, 05:31 AM
yes... ofcourse

Gandalf
15-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Bah...it's a Rahul joke. :P

skip to my lou
15-12-2003, 06:18 AM
OH!... :D

Gandalf
15-12-2003, 06:34 AM
HAHA so slow!

Rahul
17-12-2003, 01:30 PM
hmmm....maybe i should copyright it! :P

Gandalf
17-12-2003, 03:47 PM
I'd like to see you try :p

arosar
02-01-2004, 02:07 PM
I've looked and looked but can't find it. Is there some function that allows me to list topics 'by latest post'?

AR

skip to my lou
02-01-2004, 02:45 PM
There are three options that may help near the top right of the board on the index page.

arosar
04-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Just testing.

ursogr8
11-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Welcome to Alan Russell, our latest BB member.
I wonder what old bones are to be picked over, judging by your profile?

arosar
22-01-2004, 03:12 PM
'Scuse me please? Is 'b-a**sta.r.d' an illegal word? I get censored for using it. It's very harmless this word. And it's a bit unaustralian to include this in the banned list. It's a bit like ground pepper I reckon. Adds a bit of flavour you know. Can you please remove it from the banned list?

AR

Paul S
25-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi there Jeo

The new BB seems to work OK and as far as ease of use (functionality) goes it seems a little bit better than the old ACF BB.

Please add my post count from the old ACF BB to my post count on this new BB (like you have done for a lot of others). Thanking you in advance for doing this.

Regards

Paul

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 11:54 AM
What was your old post count?

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 12:09 PM
I might upgrade to vBulletin 3 when a stable version is released.

Still thinking about it.

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 01:30 PM
What was your old post count?
I sent you a PM previously with the post counts of everyone with posts greater than or equal to 10.

To save you looking Paul's count was 169.

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Must have deleted it.

Anyway, Done.

arosar
27-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Can you please make the blue colour less 'harsher'. I want it softer, lighter I mean. Also, my quick reply window doesn't work. I have to click on 'Post Reply'.

And can you take off ba.sta.rd off the banned list?

Cheers,

AR

arosar
27-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Excuse me? What happened to my avatar? Do I need to redo it?

AR

skip to my lou
27-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Yes, you have to redo it

ursogr8
23-06-2004, 12:39 PM
There are 11 guests logged onto the BB at the moment (12.35pm 23 June 2004). What about you folk registering with that little spot in the top right hand corner of the screen? Then you could have your say and even start a few topics. All welcome.

starter

ps (Well ALL except BD and Baz when they argue about the meaning of usurp). :rolleyes:

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 12:41 PM
ps (Well ALL except BD and Baz when they argue about the meaning of usurp). :rolleyes:

I'm not the one who had issues about it!

Garvinator
23-06-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm not the one who had issues about it!
takes two to keep an argument going :p

Rincewind
23-06-2004, 12:50 PM

First of all it is not the meaning we have a disagreement on it is the usage.

Secondly, it is actually a continuation of a discussion we were having on FICS a week ago, so there is some history there too. ;)

ursogr8
23-06-2004, 12:57 PM
First of all it is not the meaning we have a disagreement on it is the usage.

Secondly, it is actually a continuation of a discussion we were having on FICS a week ago, so there is some history there too. ;)

Listen guys (Baz, GG"", BD)
I tried to welcome some of the 11 guests into registering, and now you three have buried my invite.

SO, let us try again
Baz :hand:
BD :hand:
gg'' :hand:

The REST............you would be very welcome to register and post on this board. Just log-in at the top right hand corner of the board. There is no cost, and lots of extra functions available if you register instead of just 'guest'.

starter

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Listen guys (Baz, GG"", BD)
I tried to welcome some of the 11 guests into registering, and now you three have buried my invite.

SO, let us try again
Baz :hand:
BD :hand:
gg'' :hand:

The REST............you would be very welcome to register and post on this board. Just log-in at the top right hand corner of the board. There is no cost, and lots of extra functions available if you register instead of just 'guest'.

starter

Jolly old white-bearded one, why don't you use the shoutbox feature then? I think it might be easier for the guesties to see.

So :hand: yourself.

ursogr8
23-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Jolly old white-bearded one, why don't you use the shoutbox feature then? I think it might be easier for the guesties to see.

So :hand: yourself.

BD

I could.
But it has limited shelf life there. A point perhaps not important for you given your prediliction for RAPID chess.

starter

ursogr8
24-06-2004, 01:15 PM
hi Jeo, mate

I need help.
Now I am not a bridge fan mate.

So when I choose NEW POSTS, can I set up a profile somewhere which ignores, for me, those new parts of the FORUM index that relate to BRIDGE. I mean there is a real risk that BRIDGE types will be a little bit wordy and have frequent irrelevant posts; and that is not something I would want to get too close to.

hoping you can help
starter

skip to my lou
24-06-2004, 01:26 PM
You can subscribe to forums of your interest. This will PM or email you notices (depends what you chose in your profile).

ursogr8
24-06-2004, 01:41 PM
You can subscribe to forums of your interest. This will PM or email you notices (depends what you chose in your profile).

Err, no. Jeo.

What I would like is a filter on that INDEX part called "Other Games", so that when I use NEW POSTS, I don't get junk from there.

There is no desire by me to get more PMs nor e-mails.

starter

skip to my lou
24-06-2004, 02:04 PM
No, not at the moment, sorry.

ursogr8
27-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Jeo
13 guests on the BB at 8.15am.

An odd occurrence.
And 5 of them Viewing 'User profile'
Very strange?

starter

skip to my lou
27-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Probably search engine bots.

Alan Shore
29-08-2004, 08:41 AM
In light of all these comments about users having no manners, especially those who are supposed to be 'respectable in person' I would like to propose the following: that non-chess be officially unmoderated, where you can say whatever the hell you like and it be kept separate from the chess section, where people can get some proper and decent answers to their questions without being mouthed off at like we've seen.

What say ye?

skip to my lou
29-08-2004, 10:06 AM
What say ye?

http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=1036

Alan Shore
29-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah I know and you never answered my final post on that thread. I don't want an 18+ section at all, simply for non-chess to be unmoderated, so that people can be civil in the chess section.

skip to my lou
29-08-2004, 07:14 PM
ask Kevin, Barry and Jenni and if two of them accept then OK.

Garvinator
29-08-2004, 07:39 PM
i again will state that an unmoderated section is a very bad idea. One of the reasons is such:

Someone sets up a thread that criticises another person or their posting style. As we have seen on here already, things go into the gutter pretty quickly. I dont think a unmoderated section will help this board as being taken anywhere near serious as a forum for australian chess ppl to get access to ppl in charge.

Actually now i think about it, i might start another thread in the australian chess section, stay tuned
:uhoh:

Alan Shore
29-08-2004, 07:43 PM
ask Kevin, Barry and Jenni and if two of them accept then OK.

OK, cool. I mean all that's required is a sticky in the section with the disclaimer that the section isn't moderated and it should be fine. Then if people want to erupt into flamewars they can do so there, quite candidly, preserving the sanctity of the chess section, where officials can behave respectably.

I think Kevin is on side.. Barry? Jenni? What do you think?

eclectic
29-08-2004, 07:58 PM
speaking of forum feedback ... (and chess too) ...

is one able to stop pgn-viewers and pgn downloading?

can one pick and choose the games you want to view or download?

can one select or reference games to an alternative pgn viewer?

can the chesschat pgn viewer be made into a stand alone module?

can games of interest be uploaded to a central chesschat directory for easy access?

is it just my browser and dialup connection which discourages me from looking at for instance the "slow loading barbeque"*?

*[this thread makes my computer freeze up]

then again it's best we not encourage the excessive submission of games lest chesschat crashes !!

:doh:

eclectic

Alan Shore
29-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah and the quick edit still gets rid of my sig.. :(

edit: doh

skip to my lou
29-08-2004, 08:10 PM
> is one able to stop pgn-viewers and pgn downloading?

not yet

> can one pick and choose the games you want to view or download?

not yet

> can one select or reference games to an alternative pgn viewer?

possibly.

> can the chesschat pgn viewer be made into a stand alone module?

depends on purpose

> can games of interest be uploaded to a central chesschat directory for easy access?

working on chesslib..

> is it just my browser and dialup connection which discourages me from looking at for instance the "slow loading barbeque"*?

jeffrei too.

> *[this thread makes my computer freeze up]

yes, threads with excessive embedded games will do that to slower computers.

> then again it's best we not encourage the excessive submission of games lest chesschat crashes !!

chesschat can't crash from excessive games, only your computer can, since it is a client side javascript viewer.

skip to my lou
29-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah and the quick edit still gets rid of my sig.. :(

edit: doh

Not sure why. I'll take a look and fix it when I get a chance (maybe a month or two).

ursogr8
10-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Jeo

Congratulations on supporting 1000 threads.
After a rocky start you must be pleased with the quality of the outcome.

tks for your product

starter

Garvinator
11-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Jeo,

I cant see the games on the nsw state games thread. I get this message

You don't have permission to access /modules/pgn.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when i try and view the games.

skip to my lou
11-10-2004, 11:16 AM
I'll fix it in a few minutes.

skip to my lou
11-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Fixed.

ursogr8
13-10-2004, 04:45 PM
hi Jeo
Not sure what is happening with Ring-a-Rosie mate.
One moment here.
Next moment gone from the members register.

For example

Are they the same phillipino's who were going to play in the Vic Open - starter?

Where has this gone?

arosar
13-10-2004, 04:51 PM
You should really wake up and smell the roses.

AR

ursogr8
13-10-2004, 05:06 PM
You should really wake up and smell the roses.

AR

If some person would respond to my requests to say if they (he) went to the SWANS Final then I could be posting on a really interesting topic.
But in the abence of that, I am reduced to replying to people who ask me questions and then seem to get expunged from the BB.

starter

skip to my lou
13-10-2004, 05:08 PM
That post was made in the announcements thread and so it was deleted. People who do not have any posts do not show up in the members list.

So far, both posts made by "Ring-A-Rosie" has broken rules, and hence has been deleted.

ursogr8
13-10-2004, 05:22 PM
That post was made in the announcements thread and so it was deleted. People who do not have any posts do not show up in the members list.

So far, both posts made by "Ring-A-Rosie" has broken rules, and hence has been deleted.

Well there you are Amiel. Total justification for my original question. We have learnt that if you dare to post on the pristine Mt B. Announcements thread then you must be an official. It is not for the hoi polloi like "Ring-A-Rosie"

"Ring-A-Rosie" ....welcome to the bulletin board. Nice of you to register. I was originally going to ask why you were a watcher from as early as June, and only now decided to post. You will find most of us here very nice. Particularly Amiel...he will teach you how to get posts through the discipline net of gg''ray and Jeo. :rolleyes:

starter

skip to my lou
13-10-2004, 05:29 PM
"Ring-A-Rosie" ....welcome to the bulletin board. Nice of you to register. I was originally going to ask why you were a watcher from as early as June, and only now decided to post. You will find most of us here very nice. Particularly Amiel...he will teach you how to get posts through the discipline net of gg''ray and Jeo. :rolleyes:

starter

What discipline? The reason I deleted the first post is for legal reasons, second post is because gg made that rule for his announcement thread. I have not moderated anything else for a while now.

ursogr8
13-10-2004, 08:04 PM
What discipline? The reason I deleted the first post is for legal reasons, second post is because gg made that rule for his announcement thread. I have not moderated anything else for a while now.

hi Jeo

Ring-A Rosie is not known to me. But the evidence suggests that he/she has been watching the BB for 5-6 months at least. RAR asks what seems to be an innocent question (via a post) about the names of players coming from the Phillipines. I thought you might have been glad of the extra registration by RAR. But no, down comes the discipline scimitar and the post is consigned to the cutting room floor. Not a word from the scimitar wielder as to the crime. And the crime?...a forbidden thread. And the alternate threads?....locked.
Instead, you could have started a new thread and transferred the post there.

starter

skip to my lou
13-10-2004, 08:23 PM
I've tried to explain countless times, that those existing threads are just way too long. People need to use more specific topics.

I could have split it into a new thread, but that thread specifically has instructions "Please dont post here in reply to any post.". I'm not going to waste my time with people who break specific and very simple instructions.

ursogr8
14-10-2004, 07:58 AM
I could have split it into a new thread, but that thread specifically has instructions "Please dont post here in reply to any post.". I'm not going to waste my time with people who break specific and very simple instructions.

Jeo

Are you pulling my leg?
RAR is a first-time poster.
He/She dials in and reads post #34 (on page #3) of a thread on Mt Buller. He/She thinks, "I have a simple question in regard to post #34 and so posts #35" by using the REPLY Button that is sitting right there in front of Her/Him.
At no stage would RAR have noticed that three pages back on post #1 that there was advice not to use the REPLY button on this thread.

Along comes the ADMIN. and just deletes RAR's post #35 without advising RAR of the protocol, nor moving the post to a new thread.

Jeo, if you are not going to waste your time on your customers who are you going to waste it on?

starter

skip to my lou
14-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Jeo, if you are not going to waste your time on your customers who are you going to waste it on?

For a start I'm going to stop wasting it on you. If RAR didn't see the size 5? red bold text saying do not reply, then bad luck.

ursogr8
14-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Jeo
Any update on your post of 10 day ago? >>

Yes, but I will have to finish overdue work first, such as the quickedit problem, pgn viewer problem (multigame) and I also have to modify pgn viewer to work on Javier's forum. I will begin this work tommorow or Wednesday.

regards
starter

skip to my lou
14-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Starter, I shall "wantonly, capriciously, and without shame or compunction" "delete" your request from my "to do" list.

Have a nice day.

arosar
14-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi Starter, I shall "wantonly, capriciously, and without shame or compunction" "delete" your request from my "to do" list.

Look, just do it man . . . whatever it was.

starter, stop being such a dick.head and don't annoy him.

AR

ursogr8
14-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Look, just do it man . . . whatever it was.

starter, stop being such a dick.head and don't annoy him.

AR

You have such a way with words Amiel.
I am sure that Jeo will respond positively.

My hands are off the ANNOY button.

starter

arosar
15-10-2004, 05:36 PM
There seems to be a problem with the read and unread indicators. The board doesn't activate the 'unread' indicator so I miss a lot of new posts.

AR

skip to my lou
15-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Yes, I've realised there is some problem with read/unread system. I'll try and find out what's wrong.

Trent Parker
16-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Can i offer a suggestion on how to fix the problem of preventing people posting on that thread?

Is it possible to make ggray a moderator for that thread only enabling him to lock that thread and unlock it when an announcement is to be made and then lock it again..... etc etc?

Just a flu induced thought :)

Garvinator
16-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Can i offer a suggestion on how to fix the problem of preventing people posting on that thread?

Is it possible to make ggray a moderator for that thread only enabling him to lock that thread and unlock it when an announcement is to be made and then lock it again..... etc etc?

Just a flu induced thought :)
it would have to be for more than just myself as each of the organisers would have to be able to access it.

ursogr8
24-11-2004, 11:43 AM
You see some interesting divergences in the ratio of post count to views in some forums.

In Non-chess

Digital cameras 12 posts have attracted 164 views,
whereas
Isaac Asimov 17 posts have attracted a whopping 3099 views
in contrast to
Films, CDs, books, theatre having the ratio 52/927.

:hmm:
starter

Bill Gletsos
24-11-2004, 11:47 AM
You see some interesting divergences in the ratio of post count to views in some forums.

In Non-chess

Digital cameras 12 posts have attracted 164 views,
whereas
Isaac Asimov 17 posts have attracted a whopping 3099 views
in contrast to
Films, CDs, books, theatre having the ratio 52/927.

:hmm:
starter
The asimov thread was split from another thread, hence its massive view count which is taken from the original thread at the time of the split.

ursogr8
24-11-2004, 11:53 AM
The asimov thread was split from another thread, hence its massive view count which is taken from the original thread at the time of the split.

Thanks Bill

Your astute observation saved me from an embarrassing scam, gone wrong. (I was musing that if I put Isaac Asimov in the sig. of all my posts then my personal posts/views would get to the top of another of the Punter Club top 10 lists).

starter

Alan Shore
25-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks Bill

Your astute observation saved me from an embarrassing scam, gone wrong. (I was musing that if I put Isaac Asimov in the sig. of all my posts then my personal posts/views would get to the top of another of the Punter Club top 10 lists).

starter

Hahaha! You could still do it anyway :P

JGB
25-11-2004, 06:33 PM

Have to be carfeul thats happened a few times now, including the split from the Main 2004 Olympic Thread: 'Chess tourny in Palestine?' Obviously does not have over 10,000 hits.

JGB
25-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey 'skip to my lou', is an automatic refresh button an option?
...see our shoutbox discussion. Firefox is no option for me at work.

skip to my lou
25-11-2004, 07:01 PM
It's not an existing option so it will need to be coded in. I can do it provided I get atleast 5 requests.

ursogr8
28-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Well JOE, I can't explain your question. Any more than I could convince you in January when we exchanged private mails on the same topic.
Sure, I frequently post from 3PCs; home (dial-up), work (WAN/LAN..hot-desk); and the Club (private server somewhere). I leave sessions open at each venue rather than log-out. Only the dial-up is secure and that is where this post is coming from. I have posted from all three this week-end.
Members at BHCC frequently use the Club PC. Members at work (the PUNTERS Club) frequently use the hot-desk.
I access three mail-systems from work; OUTLOOK, LOTUS Notes, and OUTLOOK Express. I access multiple mail-boxes in addition; including hot-mail and Yahoo.

starter

skip to my lou
28-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Why do all three emails on the three accounts have your name in it, i.e trevor stanning?

ursogr8
28-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Why do all three emails on the three accounts have your name in it, i.e trevor stanning?

Very flattering that you ask me JOE.
To be honest I don't know what an IP is. The only one I have is the the one you gave me when I had difficulty logging-in to your new version from the WINDOWS 95 dial-up.
It is http://67.43.11.40/
Does that help?

All three accounts were registered around the same time-frame. One is a communal account; that runs like firegoats used to.

starter

skip to my lou
28-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Very flattering that you ask me JOE.
To be honest I don't know what an IP is. The only one I have is the the one you gave me when I had difficulty logging-in to your new version from the WINDOWS 95 dial-up.
It is http://67.43.11.40/
Does that help?

All three accounts were registered around the same time-frame. One is a communal account; that runs like firegoats used to.

starter

Funny that, I never mentioned "IP" in my post.

Clear this up please:

Are you accepting that you are the owner of all three accounts or are you denying it?

ursogr8
28-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Funny that, I never mentioned "IP" in my post.

JOE. You posted at 3.28pm on 28/11 >>
They are not only using the same IP address but they are the same person, "Trevor Stanning"

Now you have really got me confused. This was the IP I said I didn't understand.

Clear this up please:

Are you accepting that you are the owner of all three accounts or are you denying it?

Same answer as I gave in January 2004 when we traded private mails. Why has this suddenly become an issue again?

starter

skip to my lou
28-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Same answer as I gave in January 2004 when we traded private mails. Why has this suddenly become an issue again?

starter

I've lost that pm due to the transfer to vB. Please refresh my memory.

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 07:23 AM
K.

First, you ask me about IP addresses at 3.28pm and then at 10.10pm you say "I never mentioned "IP"".
Second, you skip over the question of why this has become an issue again.
Third, now you have conveniently lost the previous exchange of PMs.

If you have had a change of policy from the previous agreement just state the new one and then implement it. Simple really, you are the admin.
We will play by your rules or we get disconnected. Like the previous disconnection.

starter

PHAT
29-11-2004, 08:15 AM
In July:

MS: OH! so you have given up on mod power. Good on you - you just went up hugely in my estimation. In fact, I might have to start defending you :-)

K: "Technically I still have the power, I choose not to use it."

Since then, graygray was banned, and now K is snooping around looking at IP addresses. K is not a benign dictator, but an unreliable host.

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 08:57 AM
In July:

MS: OH! so you have given up on mod power. Good on you - you just went up hugely in my estimation. In fact, I might have to start defending you :-)

K: "Technically I still have the power, I choose not to use it."

Since then, graygray was banned, and now K is snooping around looking at IP addresses. K is not a benign dictator, but an unreliable host.

I'm not moderating posts am I? Also, get your facts straight. Garvin was never banned.

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 08:58 AM
K.

First, you ask me about IP addresses at 3.28pm and then at 10.10pm you say "I never mentioned "IP"".
Second, you skip over the question of why this has become an issue again.
Third, now you have conveniently lost the previous exchange of PMs.

You quoted a message of mine which asks why all emails belong to you, and you talk about IP addresses. You never referred to the shout in the first place.

If you have had a change of policy from the previous agreement just state the new one and then implement it. Simple really, you are the admin.
We will play by your rules or we get disconnected. Like the previous disconnection.

starter

Please answer the question. Are you accepting that you operate all three accounts or are you denying it?

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Also, get your facts straight. Garvin was never banned.
K.
The facts are..
you posted
Originally Posted by skip to my lou
Yes, possible, though moderators will have to request which username should be banned from which thread. It is not something that moderators can do, only I can do it. If someone is banned from a thread, they will probably end up trolling anyway.

and later you locked gg'' out of a FORUM.

You originally called the lockout a 'ban'.
You locked gg'' out.
If you now don't call it a ban...what was it?

starter

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm not moderating posts am I? Also, get your facts straight. Garvin was never banned.
Yes in fact as I understand it the only regular poster on here who has been banned from the board in the past is Matt.

arosar
29-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Me mate gg wasn't banned. He was simply denied the choice not to read the forum since he didn't approve of it.

Makes sense to me!

AR

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 09:48 AM
K.
The facts are..
you posted
Yes, possible, though moderators will have to request which username should be banned from which thread. It is not something that moderators can do, only I can do it. If someone is banned from a thread, they will probably end up trolling anyway.

You locked gg'' out.

starter

Starter, stop bending the facts. I said "banned from a thread", but you just say "banned", there is a difference.

Answer the question starter or the other two accounts are getting the boot.

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 09:52 AM
K.
The facts are..
you posted

You locked gg'' out.

starter
We went thru this before at length.
To simply say gg was banned is plainly misleading.
After all he was not banned from the board.
His access was removed from a forum.
In fact it could be argued his access was removed from a forum in which he no longer wished to participate.

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Me mate gg wasn't banned. He was simply denied the choice not to read the forum since he didn't approve of it.

Makes sense to me!

AR
It makes sense to most people, other than apparently starter and his new tag team partner Matt.

Garvinator
29-11-2004, 11:28 AM
In fact it could be argued his access was removed from a forum in which he no longer wished to participate.
geez i wish ppl would get off the i have been banned bandwagon. The bottom line is that if I wished to see that thread again, I highly suspect that my status to that thread would be renewed. But I have no desire atm for an unmoderated forum, so I wont be asking for it to be renewed at this stage.

arosar
29-11-2004, 11:31 AM
You tell starter that gray.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with an unmderated forum. What eventually happens over time is that the netizens will regulate themselves.

AR

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 11:42 AM
We went thru this before at length.
To simply say gg was banned is plainly misleading.
After all he was not banned from the board.
His access was removed from a forum.

Bill
Those are K's words...look at them...banned.
Now I know you argue that it was incorrect usage by K. And that he regrets it.
But they were K's words.
We have just fallen in behind him and re-used the same terminology.

It was never a matter of debate whether gg'' was sanguine about the banning, or even invited the banning.

If you don't like the word; take it up with K.
He introduced 'ban on a thread/forum'.

K. implied that when he removes your access from a thread/forum it is called banned from the thread/forum.
And, as he said, only he can do it...not moderators.

starter

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Bill
Those are K's words...look at them...banned.
Now I know you argue that it was incorrect usage by K. And that he regrets it.
But they were K's words.
We have just fallen in behind him and re-used the same terminology.

It was never a matter of debate whether gg'' was sanguine about the banning, or even invited the banning.
The point is if you are going to use the word banned you need to qualify it.

After all if you are going to stick to Jeo's words he said "banned from a thread".
As such if you are going to bandy about the word banned you need to qualify it.
So far you have failed to do so.

If you don't like the word; take it up with K.
He introduced 'ban on a thread/forum'.
No I'll take it up with you.
You are the one failing to qualify it when you use it.

K. implied that when he removes your access from a thread/forum it is called banned from the thread/forum.
And, as he said, only he can do it...not moderators.
Immaterial.
As you keep saying he said "banned from the thread". He qualified it.
You have not.
You have used the word banned without qualification.
Hence you are misleading.

Alan Shore
29-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Why are you all still arguing irrelevant semantics? Starter just drop it man..

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 12:01 PM
The point is if you are going to use the word banned you need to qualify it.

I have to qualify it? :wall:

Bill.
It is K.'s word.
He introduced it.
He acted on it.
There was an effect.
gg'' was banned from the thread.
Is there anyone who thinks he was banned from the bb? :rolleyes:

starter

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 12:07 PM
I have to qualify it? :wall:

Bill.
It is K.'s word.
He introduced it.
He also qualified it. You didnt.

He acted on it.
There was an effect.
gg'' was banned from the thread.
Is there anyone who thinks he was banned from the bb? :rolleyes:
If you just say xyz was banned, the assumption most people would make is that xyz was banned from the board.

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Why are you all still arguing irrelevant semantics? Starter just drop it man..

BD

Probably the best advice I have received today.
No wonder the NSWCA AGM takes so long.

starter

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Starter, if the next post of yours on this forum does not answer the question I have been asking you then the other two accounts of yours will be banned.

You are taking the words way out of context. If you mention Garvin's access to Coffee Lounge again you will get 3 warning points on the spot. (I do not know of any other way to get you to shut up)

Alan Shore
29-11-2004, 12:51 PM
What are warning points?

arosar
29-11-2004, 01:15 PM
What are warning points?

I believe I have the honour of having been the first recipient of these things. Bazza gave them to me. Thanks Bazza.

AR

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 01:19 PM
What are warning points?

BD

I think I will let K. explain them.
I had enough trouble with the three letter word 'ban', even though I presumed his qualified usage.

So. Pass. :hand:

starter

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Commentator -> trevor.stanning @ domain1.com -> Banned
Thunk -> tstannin @ domain2.com -> Banned

Have a nice day,

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 01:28 PM
BD

I think I will let K. explain them.
I had enough trouble with the three letter word 'ban', even though I presumed his qualified usage.

So. Pass. :hand:

starter

You're taking the work 'ban' out of context. End of this discussion please.

Warning points -> If you get a few then you will be temporarily banned, if you get 7 then you are permanently banned. A warning point lasts for 3 months, I think.

Alan Shore
29-11-2004, 01:35 PM
You're taking the work 'ban' out of context. End of this discussion please.

Warning points -> If you get a few then you will be temporarily banned, if you get 7 then you are permanently banned. A warning point lasts for 3 months, I think.

What is a 'few' ?

PHAT
29-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm not moderating posts am I?

Yes you are you snake. You are using mod powers to ban people from threads and investigate the ID of various posters.

BTW I am also "Felcher Christian" and maybe one other that I do not recall creating. Why do you have to publically investigate? Your custommer relations suck.

arosar
29-11-2004, 01:42 PM

I never realised that they were 1 and the same!!

I'm shocked! I rather liked Thunk's post.

AR

Alan Shore
29-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I never realised that they were 1 and the same!!

I'm shocked! I rather liked Thunk's post.

AR

I'd still bet they're not.

PHAT
29-11-2004, 01:49 PM

Have a nice day,

Sarcastic nasty little Hitler.

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Yes you are you snake. You are using mod powers to ban people from threads and investigate the ID of various posters.

BTW I am also "Felcher Christian" and maybe one other that I do not recall creating. Why do you have to publically investigate? Your custommer relations suck.

I did not ban anyone from a thread, I banned Garvin from Coffee Lounge, because he basically does not want access. And I have only started checking ID's after a certain previous member was banned.

Felcher Christian does not have your email on it, nor do you have same IP's for any posts, therefore I cannot assume that it is you.

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Anyway, no more time, I will be back in the weekend.

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 02:22 PM

Have a nice day,

Huh.
Great.
I get the warning points.
The other 1+2 get the boot.

You sure are a sore loser K.
At least we have worked out why you resurrected this old argument. Retaliation and power; too a heady a mix for you obviously.

If you had bothered to look closely at the shoutbox you would see BD's better insight to the explanation.

starter

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Actually he is exercising his admin power, not a mod power.
Of course if you dont like the wayhe admisn you could always leave and start your own BB.

Actually its your general behaviour that sucks.
And its been made clear in the past that users having multiple accounts is not allowed.

If Thunk is a different person from starter then let him register with his own email address and not one of starters. The same is true for Commentator.

Garvinator
29-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Huh.
Great.
The other 1+2 get the boot.

You sure are a sore loser K.
At least we have worked out why you resurrected this old argument.

If you had bothered to look closely at the shoutbox you would see BD's better insight to the explanation.

starter
why do i have an uncomfortable feeling about all this :eek:

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Sarcastic nasty little Hitler.
You are lucky abusing an admin doesnt get you warning points.

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 02:48 PM

Another lie... Anyway, I came back to do some work on MtBuller site that Jenni requested, anyway be back later.

arosar
29-11-2004, 02:49 PM
We sure are back to the silly season, aren't we? Wasn't it around about Dec-Jan period that we had this big shite fight with the chess.chat mob? Now we settled all that and have had since then a detente. All this bloke starter is doing is exhuming all this bad business and getting everyone all hyped up over nothing. Look, just give gray access to the bloody forum and if he doesn't wanna friggin' read it - that's his choice. We only request gray to not be such a little b.itch and whine in there that the forum should be deleted. That way everybody happy. Starter can shut the hell up. And Jeo can stay out of our business most of the time. it's not complicated.

AR

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 02:56 PM
We sure are back to the silly season, aren't we? Wasn't it around about Dec-Jan period that we had this big shite fight with the chess.chat mob? Now we settled all that and have had since then a detente. All this bloke starter is doing is exhuming all this bad business and getting everyone all hyped up over nothing. Look, just give gray access to the bloody forum and if he doesn't wanna friggin' read it - that's his choice. We only request gray to not be such a little b.itch and whine in there that the forum should be deleted.
The thing is AR, it isnt gray thats complaining.
His lack of access to the Lounge isnt an issue for him.

That way everybody happy. Starter can shut the hell up. And Jeo can stay out of our business most of the time. it's not complicated.
The current issue seems to revolve around 3 accounts all having starters email address and all the IP's matching the IP addresses he uses.

If Thunk and Commentator want to log on and share machines with starter at Box Hill or his work then let them setup their own accounts with there own email addresses.

Its fairly simple requirement.
It isnt rocket science.

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Another lie... Anyway, I came back to do some work on MtBuller site that Jenni requested, anyway be back later.
I think starter meant he understood the concept of them, not that he actually had received any.
Of course given starters apparent comprehension of some issues, I could well be wrong. ;)

PHAT
29-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Felcher Christian does not have your email on it, nor do you have same IP's for any posts, therefore I cannot assume that it is you.

OK, you have my word on it. I was needling the late great chesslover.

PHAT
29-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Anyway, no more time, I will be back in the weekend.

Don't rush.

mysteryman
29-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Remember me?? lol *gets shot at by *tparker* lol

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, you divulged your identity previously.

PHAT
29-11-2004, 03:54 PM

R U tha Shoveller

Spiny Norman
29-11-2004, 06:42 PM
No wonder chess in Australia is in such a bl**dy great mess.
The back-biting and other cr*p that goes on here is a disgrace.
You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

arosar
29-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Oh don't worry about Frosty. He's just upset, that's all. And lacking a bit of perspective too. Ask him what 'bloody great mess' he's talkin' about.

AR

PHAT
29-11-2004, 07:39 PM
No wonder chess in Australia is in such a bl**dy great mess.

Is it? Tell us who has brought it down this track for so long.

The back-biting and other cr*p that goes on here is a disgrace.
You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

could you please give the worst half dozen of us a mark out of ten for shameful back-biting. and a mark out of ten for "other crap".

Thankyou in advance.

Rhubarb
30-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Oh don't worry about Frosty. He's just upset, that's all. And lacking a bit of perspective too. Exactly. The holier-than-thou Frosty should learn a bit of cyberculture and grow a sense of humour...

... (before he finds out what I wrote about him in the +200 club).

P.S. Plus, he could be having a realignment problem. Remember when he impressed upon us, and even reminded us in the gravest terms, that his IQ was over 140 ... as if we'd kneel down in worship at his every word.

Alan Shore
30-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Exactly. The holier-than-thou Frosty should learn a bit of cyberculture and grow a sense of humour...

P.S. Plus, he could be having a realignment problem. Remember when he impressed upon us, and even reminded us in the gravest terms, that his IQ was over 140 ... as if we'd kneel down in worship at his every word.

Haha, you're a champ kegless, you always crack me up!

Spiny Norman
01-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Oh don't worry about Frosty. He's just upset, that's all. And lacking a bit of perspective too. Ask him what 'bloody great mess' he's talkin' about.

Fair comment AR. My language was inflammatory. Probably should've just shut my mouth.

Spiny Norman
01-12-2004, 07:10 AM
The holier-than-thou Frosty should learn a bit of cyberculture and grow a sense of humour....

Ooooh, dem's fightin' words. Let me at least defend myself on the "sense of humour" front:

My "sense of humour" is offended when I believe that the powers that be are targeting someone unfairly (i.e. starter). I don't find that funny at all.

Beyond that, I read some pretty extreme stuff written by AC (from my perspective anyway) and I take it in good humour and even have a poke back at him from time to time.

:eek: Fortunately I'm not particularly concerned with what people say behind closed doors in elitist "secret squirrel" clubs. Somehow I imagine that its just more of the same invective that gets thrown around out here ... only more concentrated.

If you've got something to say about me, constructive or otherwise, why not say it in a public forum like the rest of us mere mortals have to?

As for my previous comments about chess in Australia being in a bl**dy great mess, that was over the top and I withdraw those comments unreservedly.

Instead, I would like to replace them with some questions:

Q1: How does Australia compare to other western culture nations (e.g. the Americas, Europe, etc) in terms of:

1. Junior chess participation rate (per head of population)
2. Adult chess participation rate (per head of population)
3. Number of grandmasters (per active chess participant)

Q2: What are our junior and adult participation rates now compared to 10 or 20 years ago ... are we "winning" or "losing" the battle.

Note for moderators: Feel free to move/copy this post to one of the chess-topic forums

Kevin Bonham
01-12-2004, 09:00 AM
I wasn't aware that we had a no-hydras policy here and I don't think 3 warning points just for nitpicking about word usage over Garvin's removal from the Coffee Lounge is proportionate. It was always obvious to me that FC was Matthew and I'm still sceptical that tHUNK and Commentator are starter. It would help the rest of us if starter made an explicit and unequivocal public comment on this one though, and I think by not doing so he is bringing it on himself to a degree.

I also can't really comment on the coffee lounge in an informed manner having no access to it and having never read it but none of the indirect aromas I get from it smell anything like roasted coffee beans. :rolleyes: The forum voted against adding an unmoderated forum (I voted for, more fool me) so I was surprised when it was added.

[edit: removed previous claim about the character of starter's comments which I realise on a more careful reading of the debate was inaccurate. My apologies to starter.]

Bill Gletsos
01-12-2004, 10:32 AM
I also can't really comment on the coffee lounge in an informed manner having no access to it and having never read it but none of the indirect aromas I get from it smell anything like roasted coffee beans. :rolleyes:
I dont understand why the mods dont have access.
They just have to not moderate it.

The forum voted against adding an unmoderated forum (I voted for, more fool me) so I was surprised when it was added.
Yes given that Jeo said he wouldnt implement it if there wasnt majority support then its arrival was surprising.

JGB
01-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I dont understand why the mods dont have access.
They just have to not moderate it.

I actually find the idea ok; a little semi private forum for the more experienced users, where these people can discuss (if they wanted to) issues as a forum without the moderators influences.
...the mods arn't really missing much, any hot news will always filter through to the 'outside'. ;)

Kevin Bonham
01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
If it is completely unmoderated (eg no moderation even for defamation or violence threats) then I have no interest whatsoever in reading it, and would prefer to hear as little about its existence as possible.

Paul S
01-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Looking at the number of posters, there are only 29 with over 200 posts. As I understand it, some of these 29 have either had their account disabled (eg Scott Colliver) or have been banned/excluded from the "Coffee Lounge" (eg ggrayggray, Starter) or are Admins (eg Kevin, Barry, Jenni) and are unable to view/post on the exclusive "Coffee Lounge" forum!

So, how about making it accessible to the Admins - the more people who can post on the "Coffee Lounge" the better! Also, why not make the "Coffee Lounge" accessible to those with over 100 posts (instead of over 200)?

JGB
01-12-2004, 10:18 PM
I have no probs with allowing admins to also post in the coffee lounge. But as to having posters with 100 or 200 posts, that won't really make the slightest difference. How many people sit between 100 and 200 for long?
Almost all posts in these forums are posted by the people with over 100 posts. Actually if you look at the stats, i'm pretty sure that 10 people make up for about 50% of all posts around here and 25 people probably make up for 90% of all that is said. Please don't quote me on these figures. :D

PHAT
01-12-2004, 10:23 PM
200+ is not high enough. Should be 500 or 1000.
Mods should not be excluded, but their powers should be removed for the area.

JGB
01-12-2004, 10:44 PM
200+ is not high enough. Should be 500 or 1000.
Mods should not be excluded, but their powers should be removed for the area.

got to say I almost agree. Perhaps 1000 is too much(I have way too much work to do :cool: ) as the group would be about three people. But then it is something to aim at and makes the group sort of 'elite'.

Bill Gletsos
01-12-2004, 11:28 PM
If it is completely unmoderated (eg no moderation even for defamation or violence threats) then I have no interest whatsoever in reading it, and would prefer to hear as little about its existence as possible.
My understanding is that moderation for defamation would still occur in the Coffee Lounge.
I would assume anything that was legally actionable would also be moderated.

JGB
01-12-2004, 11:34 PM
My understanding is that moderation for defamation would still occur in the Coffee Lounge.

It has to be moderated in some form. Any internet site has for legal reasons a 'responsible person'. If someone were to post something illegal, the responsible person is just that; responsible. Anyone who has set up a private internet site knows that, unless the laws are different in Australia (but I am sure they are not).

PHAT
02-12-2004, 08:19 AM

Let's say IF the Lounge is unmoderated, it is a case of trust by K of the +200. That level of trust must be repayed with absolute propriety.

K and others act like facist pigs out here in the main board because they have to. I think that in the main, that they display a puretant over zealous discharge of their duties and their penises

[Prediction: a <deleted> will appear above, proving that the word "penis" is too rude for the BB but can be used liberally on every TV and radio station.]

Bill Gletsos
02-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Jeo,
The logout function of the BB does not appear to work.
You remain logged in.

Rincewind
02-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Jeo,
The logout function of the BB does not appear to work.
You remain logged in.

Works for me.

Win XP Pro SP2
Firefox/0.10.1

Also works with IE 6.0

JGB
02-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Works for me.

Win XP Pro SP2
Firefox/0.10.1

no problems here,
a nice little tool, deleting all cookies etc.

edit:without firefox

Bill Gletsos
02-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Works for me.

Win XP Pro SP2
Firefox/0.10.1
Well it appears to work for me now too after usings IE's tools->Internet Options to delete my cookies.

Prior to doing that the logout refused to work.

Trent Parker
02-12-2004, 06:46 PM
or click tools internet options and delete cookies

Rhubarb
03-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Ooooh, dem's fightin' words. If you like.

My "sense of humour" is offended when I believe that the powers that be are targeting someone unfairly (i.e. starter). I don't find that funny at all. This is not an official ACF board. All 'humour' aside, in the case of starter, my own opinion is that Jeo has been more than reasonable under the circumstances (and I'm not convinced you know the full story), not least because he is ultimately liable for defamation.

Beyond that, I read some pretty extreme stuff written by AC (from my perspective anyway) and I take it in good humour and even have a poke back at him from time to time.
Accepted, but please note that you are expected to flame the BB's resident idiot every time you engage him.

If you've got something to say about me, constructive or otherwise, why not say it in a public forum like the rest of us mere mortals have to? I just did, but I acknowledge the gutlessness of making a smart-arse comment in the restricted lounge and I regret that.

As for my previous comments about chess in Australia being in a bl**dy great mess, that was over the top and I withdraw those comments unreservedly.

Instead, I would like to replace them with some questions:

Q1: How does Australia compare to other western culture nations (e.g. the Americas, Europe, etc) in terms of:

1. Junior chess participation rate (per head of population)
2. Adult chess participation rate (per head of population)
3. Number of grandmasters (per active chess participant)

Q2: What are our junior and adult participation rates now compared to 10 or 20 years ago ... are we "winning" or "losing" the battle.

All good questions, and not so easily answered.

Spiny Norman
03-12-2004, 06:25 AM
All 'humour' aside, in the case of starter, my own opinion is that Jeo has been more than reasonable under the circumstances (and I'm not convinced you know the full story), not least because he is ultimately liable for defamation.

I think that Jeo is in a bit of an awkward position, because of the fact that he donates hours of his time (and likely his $$$ as well) to keep the board in a state of constant improvement. For those things he should be publicly thanked on a regular basis, as donating one's time and $$$ is usually a thankless task.

So Jeo: "thanks" from me! :clap:

But I also believe that people who have a lot invested in something can sometimes tend to be overprotective of "their baby". This might only show itself at odd moments, when there are significant pressures brought to bear and many of those pressures might have nothing to do with the board itself.

I felt that banning the additional 'starter' accounts was unnecessary. So I guess we all have our opinions.

I readily concede that my concerns might be magnified by the fact that I know 'starter' (I'm now a member at his club) and respect him immensely for what he and his team at Box Hill have achieved. I think there are a lot of lessons to be learned from that club and I don't want to see a situation develop where 'starter' gets ticked off and ceases to be communicative about what he sees as 'important success factors in chess administration'.

I also concede that I don't know all the facts of the situation ... only Jeo and Starter would be able to articulate that and it seems they aren't saying much about it now.

... I acknowledge the gutlessness of making a smart-arse comment in the restricted lounge and I regret that.

The comment might have been 'gutless' or it might have been deserved (I may never know of course) ... but the fact that you're prepared to express regret regardless shows that you are clearly not a gutless person.

Respect.

All good questions, and not so easily answered.

I think it'd be great if we could answer them. Not so that we could either laud or pillory current strategy, but so that we could at least have a benchmark from which to measure progress, and a trend (dare I use that word???) to know if the progress is in the right direction. Then one can tweak the current strategy settings to see whether improvements can be made.

I have a few ideas on club-level 'tweaks' which I plan to try out when we launch Croydon Chess Club here in Melbourne next year. Hopefully they prove to be valuable and replicable by other clubs.

PHAT
03-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Let's say IF the Lounge is unmoderated, it is a case of trust by K of the +200. That level of trust must be repayed with absolute propriety.

K and others act like facist pigs out here in the main board because they have to. I think that in the main, that they display a puretant over zealous discharge of their duties and their penises

[Prediction: a <deleted> will appear above, proving that the word "penis" is too rude for the BB but can be used liberally on every TV and radio station.]

Ah ha! Just to be perverse, and to score a cheep point, the mods have thought they would leave this in.

Alan Shore
03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Ah ha! Just to be perverse, and to score a cheep point, the mods have thought they would leave this in.

You stirrer Matt :P

skip to my lou
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I think that Jeo is in a bit of an awkward position, because of the fact that he donates hours of his time (and likely his $$$ as well) to keep the board in a state of constant improvement. For those things he should be publicly thanked on a regular basis, as donating one's time and $$$ is usually a thankless task.

So Jeo: "thanks" from me! :clap:

But I also believe that people who have a lot invested in something can sometimes tend to be overprotective of "their baby". This might only show itself at odd moments, when there are significant pressures brought to bear and many of those pressures might have nothing to do with the board itself.

I've learnt a lot from you, so thank you too. Unfortunately there are other things that I need to attend to, and as a consequence will not be able to develop this forum for some time to come.

ursogr8
04-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I don't seem to have the REPLY-with-QUOTE function working? I just get the blank typing space.

skip to my lou
04-12-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't seem to have the REPLY-with-QUOTE function working? I just get the blank typing space.

? ? ? ?

skip to my lou
04-12-2004, 02:19 PM
? ? ? ?
This is quick reply quote the message above is normal reply quote

ursogr8
04-12-2004, 07:53 PM
This is quick reply quote the message above is normal reply quote

Look K. .... I am not being critical, mate.
Can I call you mate.

But I have pasted here a few times in the past, and I do know the difference between QUICK REPLY, and REPLY WITH QUOTE.

I simply reported something I was finding. And I tested it in a few threads; and it repeated.

Anyhow, in dial-up session 5 hours later...I now don't have the fault.
Everything is sweet again.

Sorry to even hint it was your software. I have put it down to Alzheimers on my part. I am just going to forget it happened.

Thanks for your response

yours with grudging respect

starter

skip to my lou
04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
I don't know what you're on about, but I posted those 2 messages to test if quoting worked for me, and it did, so I cannot do anything. If I need to fix something, I need to be able to re-create the exact situation, if you don't give me enough information then I can't do that. If I can't re-create the exact situation then I cannot find out what is wrong.

ursogr8
04-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I don't know what you're on about, but I posted those 2 messages to test if quoting worked for me, and it did, so I cannot do anything. If I need to fix something, I need to be able to re-create the exact situation, if you don't give me enough information then I can't do that. If I can't re-create the exact situation then I cannot find out what is wrong.

Yes you are correct K.
And logical is everything you say.
And now I can't recreate it even myself.
A transient glitch; at my end of the universe. :confused:

starter

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Event 1 > K. introduces Premium membership...I can't remember the date...see shoutbox last week
Event 2 > starter changes his signature line, within 6 hours of Premium membership being introduced. (Just look at what it says :doh: )
Event 3 > Amiel ....Kiwis watching............9.08 am 24/2
Event 4 > K..calls my signature line SPAM and bad behaviour
Event 5 > starter asks for posting in a thread
Event 6 > K....ignores request to put in thread and 11.15 am claims my sig.-line changed after Amiel's shout of 9.08 am 24/2.

K.
The log shows you have not been watching the bb closely. My sig.line changed just after you introduced premium membership. It did not change at all after Amiel's shout many days later.

Could you please answer the two questions
> why is my signature line regarded as SPAM (your words)
> and why does my use of the sig-line get classedasked to be admitted...starter edit as bad behaviour....your words in the shout-box.

starter

Alan Shore
25-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Because starter, there's too many numbers and not enough images in your sig. ;)

And K, it's about time you made some announcement about this Premium Member bizzo.. there's a few mutterings occurring.. not from me but they are ubiquitous...

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 11:21 AM
K.
The log shows you have not been watching the bb closely. My sig.line changed just after you introduced premium membership. It did not change at all after Amiel's shout many days later.

Prove it.

Could you please answer the two questions
> why is my signature line regarded as SPAM (your words)

I never said your signature line is regarded as SPAM. I asked if starter considers his signature to be SPAM.

> and why does my use of the sig-line get classed as bad behaviour....your words in the shout-box.

I never said your sig line got classed as bad behaviour. I asked if YOU classed it as bad behaviour since 'metrics' is removed after I see that request by amiel in the shoutbox.

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 11:23 AM
And K, it's about time you made some announcement about this Premium Member bizzo.. there's a few mutterings occurring.. not from me but they are ubiquitous...

Soon.

arosar
25-02-2005, 11:39 AM
You wanna see fancy sig lines with pics? Go to a porn forum.

AR

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Prove it.

Prove it???!!!###&&&

Have a look at it.
It proves itself.

You introduce premium membership at a cost of a donation.
I comment that as the price goes up the demand goes down.

I never said your signature line is regarded as SPAM. I asked if starter considers his signature to be SPAM.

Total intellectual dishonesty on your part K.

You did not use the word 'consider' in the shout. You used the word 'admit'. A word that carries the connotation of accusation.

I never said your sig line got classed as bad behaviour. I asked if YOU classed it as bad behaviour since 'metrics' is removed after I see that request by amiel in the shoutbox.

Total intellectual dishonesty on your part K.

You did not use the word 'classed' in the shout. You used the word 'admit'. A word that carries the connotation of accusation.

You have not observed what caused the change to the signature line, and as a consequence you have jumped to wrong conclusions.

starter

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Prove it???!!!###&&&

Have a look at it.
It proves itself.

You introduce premium membership at a cost of a donation.
I comment that as the price goes up the demand goes down.

I will ignore the rest of your post, till you actually prove it. You could have changed it 10 minutes ago to whatever it is now. What the signature says means nothing and it does not prove itself.

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I will ignore the rest of your post, till you actually prove it. You could have changed it 10 minutes ago to whatever it is now. What the signature says means nothing and it does not prove itself.

I am not surprised that you now want to ignore the evidence.

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 12:02 PM

You have provided no valid evidence. The evidence you have provided can easily be tampered with.

I never made an accusation.

admit - To make acknowledgment.

There are threads / posts requesting you to keep your metrics to your own threads. People have been annoyed by the metrics in your signature.

Do you acknowledge this?

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 12:19 PM

The parts of your post that I have not quoted in post #178 does not provide any evidence for the time that you changed your signature. Mis-representation and dishonesty from you again.

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 12:22 PM
You have provided no valid evidence.
The evidence you have provided can easily be tampered with.

Well, my friend Karthick, since you don't have date stamps on sig. line changes then sobeit; unless of course you are looking for a STAt DEC. :rolleyes:

There are threads / posts requesting you to keep your metrics to your own threads.

Yes for CI only; edit.
But not one mention that signature line should not contain metrics.

Are you going to explain why my use of the signature line is called SPAM?

People have been annoyed by the metrics in your signature.
I have not seen a post that says this.

Do you acknowledge this?

I can only acknowledge what I see. If have seen no post that shows annoyance at metrics in my signature line.

This should not be confused with Bill's post in the CORRUS tournament where he asked for the competitive index not to appear in posts in that thread. He made no mention of the CI in the signature line. In fact I can't recall the CI being in the sig. line ever...but wouldn't swear to it.

starter

Bill Gletsos
25-02-2005, 12:35 PM
My sig.line changed just after you introduced premium membership.This statement would appear to be debatable.

It appears K first mentioned premium membership back on the 20/02/05 at 10.05pm in the shoutbox.
However on 22/02/05 at 11.11am your sig line still read:
a/c=811, TCN=768, delta=43..8.10 /052
In an amazing burst of speed a/c has inreased the differential from 7 to 43 in 3 days. The stewards have intervened and a/c has been banned. The Punters Club changes to a bet on one of three outcomes > the MOD takes advantage of the other MODS action >> a/c leaves >>> in 5 moves, Caketin wins

The difference of around 37hrs is hardly what anyone would call "just after".

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, my friend Karthick, since you don't have date stamps on sig. line changes then sobeit; unless of course you are looking for a STAt DEC. :rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean by this.

Are you going to explain why my use of the signature line is called SPAM?

I never called it SPAM.

I have not seen a post that says this.

I am quite sure BD got annoyed over the metrics in your thread.

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Bill
That is a fair enough question on your part.
However, if you go back to an earlier post you will see that I was unsure of just when the premium stuff started (or became visible at least); and I acknowledged that. And I think I 100% sure I changed my sig.line as reaction to the premium ploy. Those words about price and demand have been there for days.
So, I agree 37 hours (or even more) is hardly 'just after'; and I wish now I had phrased as "as a consequence".
But it doesn't change the motive I had at the time. It just shows that I didn't anticipate a forensic examination by you and K. about sig. line changes.

And why I am I being accused of spamming?

starter

Bill Gletsos
25-02-2005, 01:09 PM
But it doesn't change the motive I had at the time. It just shows that I didn't anticipate a forensic examination by you and K. about sig. line changes.I'm not carrying out any forensic examination.
I just happened to recall that TCN had commented on your sig on 22nd which was well after the first announcement of "premium" members.

arosar
25-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Just ban starter and get this over and done with. That's what an Admin would do in other forums. Why annoy the Admin so much? Just get rid of him once and for all and he can talk about his metric in that other BB.

Or how about just a 7-day suspension?

AR

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Just ban starter and get this over and done with. That's what an Admin would do in other forums. Why annoy the Admin so much? Just get rid of him once and for all and he can talk about his metric in that other BB.

AR

I don't care about his metrics or CI. I get annoyed at how easily and ruthlessly he mis-represents facts.

arosar
25-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I don't care about his metrics or CI. I get annoyed at how easily and ruthlessly he mis-represents facts.

Look man. starter's a manager. He understands the notion of punishment. Suspend him and he'll learn quick-smart. Trust me.

AR

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 03:05 PM

AR

AR

Thanks for the support mate. :rolleyes:
I was sitting there INACTIVE.
You asked for decorum, for the Kiwis sake.
I said :speechl:
The ADMIN shouted to all and sundry about "admits that his (starter) metric spamming is bad behaviour?".

Does the INACTIVE POSTER not have the right to respond to this ADMIN?

Good job I don't think you are trolling (originally) otherwise you would have been satisfied.

starter

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I never called it SPAM.

[25-02-2005 10:45 AM] skip to my lou: I see all metric info disappeared from starters sig, does that mean starter admits that his metric spamming is bad behaviour?

Then what are the 4 bolded letters in your shout of 10.45? (My bolding)

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not carrying out any forensic examination.
I just happened to recall that TCN had commented on your sig on 22nd which was well after the first announcement of "premium" members.

Bill
I appreciate your assistance.

But this ADMIN. previously said (Commentator episode), just tell me what happened and that would be it.
Well, on this occasion I tell him the signature line was changed well before today...and he comes back...PROVE IT. He does not accept what I say.
How do I prove it?

starter

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Look man. starter's a manager. He understands the notion of punishment. Suspend him and he'll learn quick-smart. Trust me.

AR

AR

Fourth time you have called for a suspension AR.
Starting to be a lot of egg on your face if this one is over-looked too.

starter

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Bill
I appreciate your assistance.

But this ADMIN. previously said (Commentator episode), just tell me what happened and that would be it.
Well, on this occasion I tell him the signature line was changed well before today...and he comes back...PROVE IT. He does not accept what I say.
How do I prove it?

starter

Again mis-representation of facts. I've put you on ignore twice and taken you off ignore twice, but some how you always annoy me enough to put you on ignore again.

This time it won't be reversed.

arosar
25-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Fourth time you have called for a suspension AR.

You just keep annoying the site owner and you'll soon be joining the Kaiser and his mate in that other BB.

Why do you keep misrepresenting the facts, allegedly, anyway?

AR

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Again mis-representation of facts. I've put you on ignore twice and taken you off ignore twice, but some how you always annoy me enough to put you on ignore again.

This time it won't be reversed.

Flick to post #29 (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=1490&page=2&pp=15)

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 04:10 PM
You just keep annoying the site owner and you'll soon be joining the Kaiser and his mate in that other BB.

AR

AR

I know you are dying to tell me. So, why?

starter

Alan Shore
25-02-2005, 09:49 PM
This seems to be just another one of those 'pointless debate' threads...

starter - I saw K write 'Spam'. I take it he, like me is not a supporter of your postcount metrics. I also believe you about your new sig line in terms of its referral to the P.M. facilities. Whether it was immediate or many hours later is irrelevant really, Bill is just nitpicking.

K - I don't agree with putting people on ignore.. it just seems a bit childish. The only reason I would utilise such an option would be to stop constant abuse and that doesn't occur at these forums. If you make a throwaway comment about 'spam' you should know starter will react and ask questions of you.. if you're not prepared for the response there's no point making the remark in the first place.

AR - You haven't offered anything constructive in a long, long time. You sound like one of those little schoolkids who is a teacher's pet and dobs on troublemakers. As for banning starter, it's a good thing you're not a mod because you're one of the least diplomatic posters on this whole forum.

Are we all clear? Good. All three of you can hate me for what I said now but at least it'll deflect this thread from pure pointlessness. :hand:

Garvinator
25-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Are we all clear? Good. All three of you can hate me for what I said now but at least it'll deflect this thread from pure pointlessness. :hand:
is that possible :owned: :whistle:

arosar
25-02-2005, 10:35 PM
You sound like one of those little schoolkids who is a teacher's pet and dobs on troublemakers.

And you sound like the sanctimonious altar boy back in . . . oh no wait, aren't you the bloke who hides behind your own immaturity as your best defense?

AR

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 10:36 PM
K - I don't agree with putting people on ignore.. it just seems a bit childish. The only reason I would utilise such an option would be to stop constant abuse and that doesn't occur at these forums. If you make a throwaway comment about 'spam' you should know starter will react and ask questions of you.. if you're not prepared for the response there's no point making the remark in the first place.

Yeah, maybe I was over-reacting. He's not ignored now, but if he continues to annoy me then I hope you will agree with me putting him on ignore.

Garvinator
26-02-2005, 10:47 AM
did you get my pm Karthick?

antichrist
26-02-2005, 11:34 AM

AR

AR
Who is the Kaiser -- Matt or FG7, or that Cordover guy? Who is FG7 anyway?

antichrist
26-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Some threads don't have any residual value. I think, with permission of the main participants of the thread that they be deleted. If permission not granted then the participants be warned of their deletion so that they can redeem any arguments in there they think worthwhile.

It would save forum space as well as make a tighter BB. Less hubis to look through for newcomers.

Bill Gletsos
26-02-2005, 01:34 PM
AR
Who is the Kaiser -- Matt or FG7, or that Cordover guy? Who is FG7 anyway?Kiser/Kaiser is Matt.
fg7 is ******* ******.

antichrist
26-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Kiser/Kaiser is Matt.
fg7 is ****** *******t.

thanks

JGB
26-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Kiser/Kaiser is Matt.
fg7 is **** *****.

You probably should not post peoples real names unless you must. Even if a person has expressed their name previosuly there are reasons we have nicknames and they should not really be given out on request even if is quite well know as is fg7. At least keep it to 'PM's'. Better would be ask that person himself.
You or I may know of the actual name, but perhaps he/she does not want everyone to know.

Bill Gletsos
26-02-2005, 03:31 PM
You probably should not post peoples real names unless you must. Even if a person has expressed their name previosuly there are reasons we have nicknames and they should not really be given out on request even if is quite well know as is fg7. At least keep it to 'PM's'. Better would be ask that person himself.
You or I may know of the actual name, but perhaps he/she does not want everyone to know.fg7 had made it quite clear who he was not only on this board but also the previous ACF board.
His name was used a number of times in the thread "A little history from the Mexicans" and as such I saw no reason not to mention it to AC at this time.

JGB
26-02-2005, 03:42 PM
fg7 had made it quite clear who he was not only on this board but also the previous ACF board.
His name was used a number of times in the thread "A little history from the Mexicans" and as such I saw no reason not to mention it to AC at this time.

I thought you might say this. :) I realised, I just wonder why he could not ask Fg7 himself in PM? If people want their identity so well known, why is it not on his profile page? I believe It should be for the user to decide.

Rincewind
26-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I thought you might say this. :) I realised, I just wonder why he could not ask Fg7 himself in PM? If people want their identity so well known, why is it not on his profile page? I believe It should be for the user to decide.

He may not get a response from FG7 for reasons other than a genuine desire for anonymity. I agree with Bill in this case. FG7 has been candid as to his identity and so I don't think there was any harm in mentioning it (again) in a public post. With a bit of motivation and BBsmarts AC (or anyone else) would have been able to quickly determine it anyway.

BTW did you notice you left a slight hint in post #206? ;)

JGB
26-02-2005, 05:26 PM
He may not get a response from FG7 for reasons other than a genuine desire for anonymity. I agree with Bill in this case. FG7 has been candid as to his identity and so I don't think there was any harm in mentioning it (again) in a public post. With a bit of motivation and BBsmarts AC (or anyone else) would have been able to quickly determine it anyway.

BTW did you notice you left a slight hint in post #206? ;)

Points noted. Yeah I saw the last letter remaining but could not be bothered going back once again...

antichrist
26-02-2005, 05:49 PM
No one ever sought my permission to blurb out my name -- I am so unamused.

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 04:31 PM
This seems to be just another one of those 'pointless debate' threads...

starter - I saw K write 'Spam'. I take it he, like me is not a supporter of your postcount metrics. I also believe you about your new sig line in terms of its referral to the P.M. facilities. Whether it was immediate or many hours later is irrelevant really, Bill is just nitpicking.

AR - You haven't offered anything constructive in a long, long time. You sound like one of those little schoolkids who is a teacher's pet and dobs on troublemakers. As for banning starter, it's a good thing you're not a mod because you're one of the least diplomatic posters on this whole forum.

BD

I thought this was an excellent post and have clicked on the facility to add to your reputation. :thumbsup:

starter

Garvinator
01-03-2005, 02:20 AM
i see that the amount of pms i can have stored has gone from 500 to 50 :( how come?

skip to my lou
01-03-2005, 05:23 AM
i see that the amount of pms i can have stored has gone from 500 to 50 :( how come?

Um just playing around with settings, I will post here when I've finished tweaking the settings.

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 01:04 PM
me sniffs another advantage for going premium!?

Garvinator
01-03-2005, 01:28 PM
me sniffs another advantage for going premium!?
i think it is fine for increasing availabilities for premium memberships, but not ok to decrease options/availabilities for those who arent premium members.

antichrist
01-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Before I could edit my Shoutbox messages but now cannot.

The cheque is in the mail but I am just enquirying.

antichrist
01-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Hello Mods
Could someone please join my two Personality of the Year threads togeather. thanks

WhiteElephant
01-03-2005, 10:59 PM
i think it is fine for increasing availabilities for premium memberships, but not ok to decrease options/availabilities for those who arent premium members.

Why not just take away all privileges and bring in a user pays system:

Ability to shout - $10
Ability to post - $20
PM Storage - $1 per message
Who's Online - $100

etc.

Garvinator
01-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Why not just take away all privileges and bring in a user pays system:

Ability to shout - $10
Ability to post - $20
Who's Online - $100

etc.
dont rule it out ;) :lol:

skip to my lou
01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Who's Online - $100
Ability to shout - $10
Ability to post - $20

Ability to ban idiots - priceless.

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Rotfl.
Good one skip.
Good ole Mastercard.....

WhiteElephant
01-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Rotfl.
Good one skip.
Good ole Mastercard.....

How come you haven't paid up mate?

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
How come you haven't paid up mate?

Because i'm currently not working and cannot really afford to donate $25 at the moment. But once i've settled in to a job i will donate.

What's your excuse?

WhiteElephant
01-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Because i'm currently not working and cannot really afford to donate $25 at the moment. But once i've settled in to a job i will donate.

What's your excuse?

I am not paying a cent to an admin whom I cannot trust and have no respect for. Otherwise I would be happy to contribute.

ursogr8
02-03-2005, 07:48 AM

good morning gg''

With all respect, my Qld associate, I have mentally filed your post in a category that also includes

> Tooth fairy
> Father Xmas
> Coffee Lounge is not moderated.

starter

antichrist
02-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Mods
You are welcome to delete my second last message in the shoutbox, I no longer have capability.

antichrist
02-03-2005, 10:20 PM
How do I find out box in private message compartment?

Alan Shore
02-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Um, wtf? I have 280 messages in Private messages and now it says Max 50? Does that mean I can't receive new messages? Does this mean I will have to go back and manually sort out what I need to keep? If the answer is Yes to either of those questions I'm going to be pissed.

And, what's with reducing the attachment quota? It's nearly all used up for me... How am I supposed to keep my picture thread going?

It's all very well to make your Premium Member thing have extra features but why the hell are you punishing the other members of this site, particularly those who have really supported it for so long. :wall:

skip to my lou
02-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Changed back to 500. Will be reduced to 250 next week.

antichrist
02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
But how do I find my out box and does it need to be cleared?

Alan Shore
02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Changed back to 500. Will be reduced to 250 next week.

OK, that's fine. Can us 200+ members have some more attachment quota too please?

skip to my lou
02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
But how do I find my out box and does it need to be cleared?

Use jump to folder in the PM main page.

skip to my lou
02-03-2005, 11:20 PM
OK, that's fine. Can us 200+ members have some more attachment quota too please?

Possibly. Don't have much time lately (moving stuff into sydney Equinix and that's draining my time like anything).

Infact I am going to get someone else to admin, probably. (Gandalf busy with his new medicine course @ uni)

ursogr8
03-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Possibly. Don't have much time lately (moving stuff into sydney Equinix and that's draining my time like anything).

Infact I am going to get someone else to admin, probably. (Gandalf busy with his new medicine course @ uni)

Matt has proven ADMIN capability. ;) :D
Maybe you could look to him to take over?

starter

ps I would be sorry to see you go.

skip to my lou
03-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Matt has proven ADMIN capability. ;) :D

You would have to know what the ADMIN does before you know if someone has ADMIN capability or not.

ursogr8
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
You would have to know what the ADMIN does before you know if someone has ADMIN capability or not.

K.
Now there is a tempting statement that invites mischievous speculation.
But, I think I will just leave it in your capable hands to decide on your successor.
Can't be a/c though.....I think he is aiming for higher office.

starter

antichrist
26-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey Baz, here you were p.ssing and f.rting the other day with indignation about my transfers and I did not even know about it as too busy to access board. That song about getting what you want or need is wrong!

Rincewind
26-04-2005, 09:10 AM
That song about getting what you want or need is wrong!

I beg to differ. I think you just don't get it.

antichrist
26-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I beg to differ. I think you just don't get it.

I will and won't get it if I get barred. I presume that I can post Bill's non-coffee lounge posts about Matt over there? I earnt my third "complete idiot" norm from Bill over this issue.

Rincewind
26-04-2005, 04:13 PM
I will and won't get it if I get barred. I presume that I can post Bill's non-coffee lounge posts about Matt over there? I earnt my third "complete idiot" norm from Bill over this issue.

Anything is posted on the general access part of the board you are free to use in the usual way. If you feel it necessary to copy Bill's posts from there then I will not take punitive action.

antichrist
26-04-2005, 04:17 PM
It is necessary in the strategy that in the long run Bill knows that they are going to be posted over there anyway so may as well do it himself. Then we will all get peace.

Bill Gletsos
26-04-2005, 11:32 PM
It is necessary in the strategy that in the long run Bill knows that they are going to be posted over there anyway so may as well do it himself. Then we will all get peace.Thats where you are wrong.
You can copy my posts over there till hell freeezes over.
I wont be posting on his board.

arosar
28-04-2005, 07:03 AM
What's with that stupid ad above the shout area? Remove it immediately. It's annoying. We're all savvy enough to look for that stuff in T&R.

AR

antichrist
28-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I will second that, put at bottom of page if possible so we don't get sore necks, but I do appreciate there big effort and prizes.

Where is last night's poll as to whether Pax will have a girl or boy and whether it will be baptised?

Has Pope Ratzinger taken over the mods?

Duff McKagan
28-04-2005, 09:16 AM
STML, was there a fee to put the AU open up top?

Cheers

skip to my lou
28-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes, there was a fee, so it will not be removed.

arosar
28-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Well if they paid money that Adelaide mob - then they are very silly indeed!

In any case, I'm so turned off by it. I wonder if our paid-up members have any say on their browsing experience. Prolly not.

AR

Spiny Norman
28-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I wonder if our paid-up members have any say on their browsing experience. Prolly not.

I reckon if it helps pay for my use of this board, its welcome ... no such thing as a free lunch.