PDA

View Full Version : restoring firefox browser

Axiom
27-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Please if anyone knows how to solve this problem, would be very grateful !
Ive tried reloading mozilla firefox and rebooting system but keep getting the following error message :

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at en-us.google.mozilla.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Basil
27-03-2008, 04:56 PM
The page <en-us.google.mozilla.com> loads for me.

Ian Murray
27-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Try ftp://ftp-mozilla.netscape.com/../../pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0.0.13/win32/en-US

Axiom
27-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Try ftp://ftp-mozilla.netscape.com/../../pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0.0.13/win32/en-US
that didnt work , but it seems to have now magically corrected itself somehow , no idea why .
thankyou ian , anyway, for your help.

Ian Murray
27-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Acadaemic now, but clicking on the ...setup .exe filename will allow you to open or save the installation file

Axiom
27-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Acadaemic now, but clicking on the ...setup .exe filename will allow you to open or save the installation file hmm ok, thank you.
it seems very odd that it could just right itself like that.
but i did lose both the firefox and netscape browsers after downloading the prompted updates, which likely had some bearing i guess.

i recently banished a sky wn 32 worm , but still cannot use contr-alt-delete , it says im not the task administrator ! i'm wondering if that could have something to do with this ?

but just happy that ive recovered my browser with all it's bookmarks atm !

Davidflude
28-03-2008, 11:22 AM
I updated Firefox and lost some of my passwords, easy fixed but annoying.

However interesting things are happening.

Apple has released a new version of Safari for Windows. However a massive security weakness has been found. So do not use it.

Firefox has released a new beta of Firefox 3. Apparently Firefox 3 will be faster and better. If you install the beta then there are no guarantees that everything will work.

Basil
28-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Apple has released a new version of Safari for Windows. However a massive security weakness has been found. So do not use it.
Perhaps Apple aren't used to compensating for OS fixes with apps! :whistle:

Ian Murray
28-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Firefox has released a new beta of Firefox 3. Apparently Firefox 3 will be faster and better. If you install the beta then there are no guarantees that everything will work.
Notably the popular range of Extensions, which mostly are not yet upgraded