PDA

View Full Version : Do i lose my rating?

Wade
27-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi
I only played in 2 NSWCA tournaments that I can remember, and they were both when I was in highschool
so about 5 years ago atleast

Would I still have an NSWCA or ACF rating? or would it be cancelled after time. I tried checking on their sites but i dont appear to be there

Thankz :whistle:

Kevin Bonham
27-09-2007, 10:28 PM
If you had an ACF rating it will still be on the master list, but it will change very rapidly as you play more games. Ratings are not cancelled but very old ratings have little influence on your new rating when you play again.

Wade
27-09-2007, 10:31 PM
######### 1407?? NSW ************, Wade

ahh thanks
higher than I thought
kinda shame..been out of practice for so many years and I would just hate to see my rating drop when I make a comeback :D

Bill Gletsos
27-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi
I only played in 2 NSWCA tournaments that I can remember, and they were both when I was in highschool
so about 5 years ago atleastThe records show you had played 23 games prior to December 1998.
In the December 2000 rating period you had 19 rated games.
In the April 2001 rating period you had 16 rated games and in the August 2001 rating period 3 rated games.
Therefore the 1407?? rating is based on 61 games to date.

CameronD
27-09-2007, 10:42 PM
######### 1407?? NSW ************, Wade

ahh thanks
higher than I thought
kinda shame..been out of practice for so many years and I would just hate to see my rating drop when I make a comeback :D

Just make sure your really ready to make a comeback and fully prepared and practised. It goes both ways and your rating can skyrocket if you dont rush the comeback and return with strong results.

Wade
27-09-2007, 10:48 PM
its not gonna be for awhile that i return
today the chess bug hit me.. im well out of shape

i plan on returning to my local club on my days off (shift work, so the odds of me being off and it being there night makes things harder) for casual games. Bit of internet play.. and some light reading.. and then when im ready, again wait for a NSWCA tournament to come around when i have the exact 2 days off for it, and then recieve my beating :D

why that guy bring his horse out on the first move?!