PDA

View Full Version : Parents jobs have got that much easier in VIC...

DanielBell
10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Just when parenting gets tough, the government is right there to bail you out! Gotta love the government!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22394239-2,00.html

Kevin Bonham
11-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Interesting how Hulls says:

Appropriate regulation of the body piercing industry is vital to protect minors from potentially serious health issues

but actually he regulates the piercee not the piercer with this change.

DanielBell
11-09-2007, 12:39 AM
I actually thought 16 year olds were minors!

All that will happen now anyway is that instead of these teenagers going to a professional who has a clean and sterilized environment and actually knows what he's doing, to get pierced they will get their friends to do it.

It seems the Governments role in Australia is to simply a) Spend money and b) Ban things... what else exactly do they do?

eclectic
11-09-2007, 01:16 AM
) It seems the Governments role in Australia is to simply a) Spend money and b) Ban things... what else exactly do they do?

isn't that what parents do too?

;)

Kevin Bonham
11-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't know the Victorian consent laws off the top of my head but I assume this means there is now an age where a person can get pregnant without their parents' consent, but cannot get a "sensitive" piercing. Weird.

DanielBell
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
isn't that what parents do too?

;)

Parents have an authority over their children that no one else should have.

Capablanca-Fan
13-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Parents have an authority over their children that no one else should have.
Indeed, despite the likes of Heilary Klinton with her "it takes a village" crap. Of course, she never allowed Chelsea to be brought up by the village; it's only other parents that leftists don't trust to bring up their own kids.

Governments are always finding new ways to save us from ourselves.