PDA

View Full Version : ICCF Champions League

Davidflude
27-08-2007, 10:55 PM
The ICCF Champions League is under way with two Australian teams. I have opponents rated up to 2400 ICCF rating. (ICCF ratings are somewhat lower than
ELO.)

You cannot look at games at this stage. Nor of course can I comment on my games.

I will say that as a matter of policy I try not to play more than one game with any line. Losing one game when someone comes up with a theoretical innovation
is bad enough but losing multiple games would be horrible.

Sutek
28-08-2007, 03:21 PM
The ICCF Champions League is under way with two Australian teams. I have opponents rated up to 2400 ICCF rating. (ICCF ratings are somewhat lower than
ELO.)

You cannot look at games at this stage. Nor of course can I comment on my games.

I will say that as a matter of policy I try not to play more than one game with any line. Losing one game when someone comes up with a theoretical innovation
is bad enough but losing multiple games would be horrible.

In my group I have five opponents over 2500, four over 2400 and the lowest rated is an IM at 2316.

Brian_Jones
28-08-2007, 05:25 PM
ELO.)

David, I have taken a look at a few of your games (Modern Benoni and Sicilian). :eek:

Team mates are allowed to follow the games!:)

Sutek plays for a strong composite team!

Davidflude
30-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Schlock horror, one opponent has played a surprising move. Straight out of Secret Opening Surprises volume 7.

Even more curious, I was discussing a line with a Grandmaster last Friday and told him that no-one had ever played the line against me in correspondence. Would you believe it on Saturday someone played it against me. I have played a different variation to the one we were discussing.

Davidflude
30-08-2007, 04:28 PM
In my group I have five opponents over 2500, four over 2400 and the lowest rated is an IM at 2316.

Sutek, That is absolutely great. How often do you get to play a tournament that strong over the board and a round robin to boot?

Best wishes.

Sutek
30-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Sutek, That is absolutely great. How often do you get to play a tournament that strong over the board and a round robin to boot?

Best wishes.

The teams event is pretty strong at category 10 but in about two weeks I start in GM AEAC-5 - Alhambra event which I believe will be at least category 12 or 13 so that should keep be off the streets ;)

Davidflude
03-09-2007, 06:58 PM
One of my opponents played an uncommon line against me today. Suddenly I remembered that I lost a game against this line playing on one of the less well known web servers. I was following analysis from a discussion group at http://www.chesspublishing.com. Did my opponent find a copy of my game or is it coincidence. Fortunately there is an improvement for black also at http://www.chesspublishing.com.

This site could be very useful to correspondence players.