PDA

View Full Version : Why? [merged with "BG is wrong"]

EGOR
14-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know why Axiom has been banned?

Bill Gletsos
14-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know why Axiom has been banned?See the moderation thread.

EGOR
14-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Bill,
What thread did he commit this crime on, or has it been deleated?

Bill Gletsos
14-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Bill,
What thread did he commit this crime on, or has it been deleated?Was in the shoutbox.

EGOR
14-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks Bill.

ElevatorEscapee
14-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Bill, please explain to us morans in langauge we can understate:doh: :eh: ,,,, pleese mcSneeze!

Bill Gletsos
14-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Bill, please explain to us morans in langauge we can understate:doh: :eh: ,,,, pleese mcSneeze!Why he was banned is explained in the moderation thread.

ElevatorEscapee
17-08-2007, 09:08 PM
He was banned for the moderation thread? I thought that only moderators could post there! :eek:

Bill Gletsos
17-08-2007, 09:19 PM
He was banned for the moderation thread? I thought that only moderators could post there! :eek:Do not play stupid here EE.

ElevatorEscapee
17-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Who said I was playing!? :P

Desmond
17-08-2007, 09:53 PM
EE is winning ;)

Kevin Bonham
18-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I've just increased his ban again as I said I would if he continued to sign up hydras. But I'm not intending to keep increasing it over and over again if he keeps being silly, unless it gets really annoying. I'll just keep banning hydras as they appear.

Ax is not a troll but has just reacted foolishly to a moderation decision he didn't agree with, and then dug in and continued to be silly.

Basil
18-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Is it OK for me to reproduce my post in the :whistle: to here? Changing the 't' word teenager, perhaps.

firegoat7
21-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Hello,

Recently moderator Bill Gletsois wrote

Axiom banned for a week for continually referring to a comment by another poster as a lie, after having it explained why he cannot do so and being repeatedly warned not to do so.

I wish to point out to everybody at Chesschat that this statement by Gletsos is inaccurate.
I will go further by suggesting that the reason Axiom is banned is because of Gletsos' inability to tolerate personal dissent.
I also believe that Gletos has grossly erred, and that his decision making process is flawed.
Finally, I believe this decision by Gletsos to ban Axiom is another clear example of moderation abuse.

You all know Gletsos should be removed as a moderator on Chesschat. This particular incident is further proof.

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
21-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know why Axiom has been banned?

Axiom is banned because he challenged Bill Gletsos. Gletsos trumped up some imaginary charges against him.

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
21-08-2007, 03:00 PM
See the moderation thread.
This statement should have a disclaimer- " only if you believe trumped up self serving propoganda"

cheers Fg7

EGOR
21-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I always worry when I find myself agreeing with FG.:eek:

However, I genuinely believe that Axiom's ban was wrong.

Am I making a contribution now Gunner?;)

Bill Gletsos
21-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Axiom is banned because he challenged Bill Gletsos. Gletsos trumped up some imaginary charges against him.

cheers Fg7As usual you have no clue what you are talking about.

Now I realise I'm wasting my time explaining this to you, but I'm an optimist.

Axiom called a statement by pax a lie.
I informed him that doing so was against the site rules and to refrain from doing so in future.
At that time I took no action against him.
However Axiom continued to use the phrase a number of times immediately afterwards.
Kevin also explained to why he was breaking the site rules.
He again used the phrase after having been repeatedly warned not to.
Hence he was banned.

Bill Gletsos
21-08-2007, 03:31 PM
This statement should have a disclaimer- " only if you believe trumped up self serving propoganda"

cheers Fg7Thanks for dropping in. Nowjust scurry on back to jumping between the phonebox and the toolbox.

firegoat7
21-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I always worry when I find myself agreeing with FG.:eek:

However, I genuinely believe that Axiom's ban was wrong.

LoL :clap:
cheers Fg7

firegoat7
21-08-2007, 03:39 PM
As usual you have no clue what you are talking about.

Now I realise I'm wasting my time explaining this to you, but I'm an optimist.

Axiom called a statement by pax a lie.
I informed him that doing so was against the site rules and to refrain from doing so in future.
At that time I took no action against him.
However Axiom continued to use the phrase a number of times immediately afterwards.
Kevin also explained to why he was breaking the site rules.
He again used the phrase after having been repeatedly warned not to.
Hence he was banned.

Rubbish.
I disagree completely with your version of events.
I suggest that this story is one that you carefully manufactured.
This story is not credible and can be empirically refuted by anybody who is willing to examine the shoutbox evidence.

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
21-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for dropping in. Nowjust scurry on back to jumping between the phonebox and the toolbox.
No need to abuse me because your not getting your own way despot!

cheers fg7

Basil
21-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Rubbish.
This story is not credible and can be empirically refuted by anybody who is willing to examine the shoutbox evidence.

cheers Fg7
Odd. As you say the shoutbox evidence is there for all to see. My assessment is that it is not only as Bill calls it, but also many of Ax's allies (for want of a better word - friends even) see it the same way.

Kevin Bonham
21-08-2007, 03:49 PM
I wish to point out to everybody at Chesschat that this statement by Gletsos is inaccurate.

In what way?

I certainly saw Axiom repeat the claim (in the form "it's my opinion [claim X is true]") after he had been persistently warned by Bill.

Kevin Bonham
21-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Then refute it empirically for all of us, or else shut up. :hand:

Bill Gletsos
21-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Rubbish.

cheers Fg7A number of Axiom's offending shouts were deleted.

Sunshine
22-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I quite enjoys the character(s) Axiom creates and the way he pushes the boundaries, ropes people in and gets a reaction.

On this occasion it appears he has gone a little to far and received a minor sanction because of it.

He had some fun with the suspension but is still very much a part of the community. I think a Presidential Pardon would be an appropriate recognition of this (dependent on the support of the victim of the initial transgression).

Basil
22-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I quite enjoys the character(s) Axiom creates and the way he pushes the boundaries, ropes people in and gets a reaction.

On this occasion it appears he has gone a little to far and received a minor sanction because of it.

He had some fun with the suspension but is still very much a part of the community. I think a Presidential Pardon would be an appropriate recognition of this (dependent on the support of the victim of the initial transgression).
As always, considered gold!

Perhaps also dependent on his pushing no further.

Sunshine
22-08-2007, 10:40 AM
But an Axiom without "push" would be like ......... I guess a Gunner without attitude.

What would be the point ??????

If Axiom were to come back with restrictions ........ well I'd consider doing what the Chief did to Randle McMurphy - which would then put you (or Kevin/Bill) in the role of Nurse Ratched.

I'd better stop ... I can feel an overdone analogy coming on.

Basil
22-08-2007, 10:48 AM
:lol:

But an Axiom without "push" would be like ......... I guess a Gunner without attitude.
Yes, but what about a Bill without intolerance. As you say, the world shouldn't be tinkered with too much. 'Attitude'? I'm only just getting over 'vindictiveness'! You guys are a tough crowd ;)

If Axiom were to come back with restrictions ........ well I'd consider doing what the Chief did to Randle McMurphy - which would then put you (or Kevin/Bill) in the role of Nurse Ratched.
:P

Sunshine
22-08-2007, 10:48 AM
The picture on my wall says "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference".

Does that make it any better ?

Basil
22-08-2007, 11:24 AM
The picture on my wall says "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference".

Does that make it any better ?
I think Hitler and The Plague made a difference, too. But I'll take the (hopefully intended) feel-good variation. Hmmm Chutzpah! How's that? :uhoh: