PDA

View Full Version : Rybka 2.32

Komputer Korner
25-07-2007, 07:09 AM
I just bought Rybka 2.32 from the Chess Federation of Canada and created a UCI engine in my Fritz10 interface. Fritz recognizes Rybka as version 2.3 but when you examine the dates on the Rybka chess engine the dates are February 14, 2006 for both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. There are some dll's that have more recent dates within the Rybka directory , but none that seemed to have anything to do with an engine. Could anyone confirm what their dates are on their version of the Rybka engine?

Komputer Korner

kveldulv
25-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry, I can't help with your question, but wanted to ask.... is that you Alan?

Shaun

Miguel
25-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Try here (http://rybkaforum.net/).

Komputer Korner
26-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Alan

kveldulv
26-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Wow... I'm a former rec.games.chess.* reader who really used to enjoy your posts :)

Davidflude
09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I just bought Rybka 2.32 from the Chess Federation of Canada and created a UCI engine in my Fritz10 interface. Fritz recognizes Rybka as version 2.3 but when you examine the dates on the Rybka chess engine the dates are February 14, 2006 for both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. There are some dll's that have more recent dates within the Rybka directory , but none that seemed to have anything to do with an engine. Could anyone confirm what their dates are on their version of the Rybka engine?

Komputer Korner

I have rybka 2.32 how do I check the dates?

P.S. It is a great engine. approximatelt the same strength as the multiprocessor version of Shredder. I merged the Rybka database with my exisiting database and gained lots of new games.

Davidflude
04-10-2007, 12:01 AM
One of the juniors in our club had trouble installing Rybka as an analysis engine in chessbase.

The instuctions that come with Rybka are not totally comprehensive. The foolowing approach works (according to his mum).

Adding Rybka as an analysis engine under Chessbase.

1.First install Rybka on your hard disk. Make a note of where you installed it.
2.Start Chessbase. You can add analysis to the full version of Chessbase but not Chessbase Light.
3.Open any database.
4.Open any game on the database.
5.Hit the icon “go to Fritz', or find it in the drop down menu. (Different versions of Chessbase do this differently.
6.Click the “Engine” drop down menu
7.Click “Create new UCI engine.
8.Now use search to find the Rybka engine (You have written down where it is to be found). Add it.
9.Now start infinite analysis from some moves deep in the game
10.Now go to load engine.(F3 works on some versions of Chessbase) Otherwise go to the “Engine” drop down menu and click the change main engine menu
11. Now click on Rybka.
12. Check the engine parameters. The has tables should not be greater than half your computers total memory. If your hash table is too large the hash tables will swapped between memory and your hard disk and the program will run slowly.