PDA

View Full Version : Free Hosting Help Requested

Basil
24-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I have a hastily configured Brisbane Chess Club website I want to inflict on the denizens of the universe without any fan-fare.

I don't feel inclined to piggy it off the back of either my commercial site or my home account. I call for (and would appreciate) feedback on the angelfires of this world ... anyone? Oh, and hurry up with the advice - I don't have all day!

pax
24-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I have a hastily configured Brisbane Chess Club website I want to inflict on the denizens of the universe without any fan-fare.

I don't feel inclined to piggy it off the back of either my commercial site or my home account. I call for (and would appreciate) feedback on the angelfires of this world ... anyone? Oh, and hurry up with the advice - I don't have all day!

At unlimied-space.com, you can get hosting for about $90 a year. It's a low bandwidth, but high (unlimited) storage account.

You could ask Karthick about a free account on netlogistics.com. He is sometimes charitable towards chess clubs and tournaments.

Alternatively, googlepages is supposed to be ok, but you probably have to write the pages using their tools..

pax
24-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Or $5 a month:

http://hosting.webcity.com.au/hosting-starter.php

Dozy
24-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Has anybody had any experience with Yahoo's Geocities? Tomorrowland is within landfall of it's 10 meg limit and I might have to look at other places too.

Taigastyle
07-07-2007, 06:38 AM
I had a geocities, used it when i was about 10.

Still there

Basil
29-08-2007, 01:45 AM
A previous CAQ president has agreed to host for free! Once I have his permission, I will publish his details here.

Denis_Jessop
29-08-2007, 04:17 PM
A previous CAQ president has agreed to host for free! Once I have his permission, I will publish his details here.

If he is who I think he is, he already hosts the ACF website and ?CAQ (he used to) for free.

DJ

Basil
31-08-2007, 02:02 PM
If he is who I think he is, he already hosts the ACF website and ?CAQ (he used to) for free.

DJ
He is. David Esmonde.

www.isage.net.au

Many thanks, David.

ElevatorEscapee
31-08-2007, 09:51 PM
David's exciting stories about the female thingies... Top Bollocks! Norgs! Gazungas! Funbags! .... goodness!!!! ... Let me just say that that I might have imbibed a might too freely the other night, and I woke up this morning with a shocking John Howard "comb-over"! :eek: :P