PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy Game #1

Pages : [1] 2

Rincewind
16-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm creating this thread in here as it seems the most appropriate place right now. The player allocations are

England : bergil
France : heaviestknight
Russia : Boris
Turkey : frog

The other three nations will be played by computer.

The tentative deadline for Spring 1901 move orders is Midnight May 19. Please don't forget to PM me your moves. I'll post orders and updated positions once the deadline passes.

Position at the start of Spring 1901...

ER
17-05-2007, 12:14 AM
wow it looks nice!

Rincewind
17-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Please note this post http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=154247&postcount=38

And in particular...

This is to be a press level 0 game. This means the players should not discuss the game with each other at all. I ask all players respect this aspect of the game. It keeps it fair and interesting for all.

Basil
17-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Barry, you are not playing. Why is that?

ER
17-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Please note this post http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=154247&postcount=38

And in particular...

This is to be a press level 0 game. This means the players should not discuss the game with each other at all. I ask all players respect this aspect of the game. It keeps it fair and interesting for all.

ok Rincewind seems fair, I have pm ed you my move!
Cheers and good luck!

Rincewind
17-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Barry, you are not playing. Why is that?

We need somone to PM the moves to and execute them. If we get some interest I'll see if we can get an automated system. Perhaps a bot that we can email and will make public all moves after a certain deadline.

Also there are some new players and people who haven't played for a while. So I'll respond to questions, vet orders for ambiguities, omissions and illegalities and respond to the player when appropriate and time permitting.

Desmond
17-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Rincewind - would it be too much trouble if you could post a sample turn, such as we are meant to PM you? Perhaps for one of the computer teams. I'm just completely new to this and don't want to forget to do something. :uhoh:

Rincewind
18-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Rincewind - would it be too much trouble if you could post a sample turn, such as we are meant to PM you? Perhaps for one of the computer teams. I'm just completely new to this and don't want to forget to do something. :uhoh:

Ok.

So the diplomacy archive site I linked to earlier has heaps of articles on opening play for each player. One the articles are on the Southern Hedgehog as a plan for Austria-Hungary (AH). The moves would be as follows...

F Tri -> Ven
A Vie -> Gal
A Bud -> Ser

These are all movement orders. Other sort of orders are when you want to maintain your position. For example...

F Tri Holds

A unit which can move to the same provice as a field unit is moving to (or holding in) can also be order to support that friendly units move. This is key when resolving orders when more than noe unit is being ordered to a province. Supporting units can also support each other.

For example If Bud and Vie is under attack from several adjacent units then a defensive AH player migh order

A Vie Supports A Bud
A Bud Supports A Vie

IF AH wanted to take Gal he might order

A Vie -> Gal
A Bud Support A Vie -> Gal

Finally is the convoy order. This more is critical to naval powers like England and Italy (but possibly any player might use it). It enables armies to move across the water.

For example, imagine AH has a fleet in ADR and and army in Tri. He could order

A Alb -> Apu
F ADR Convoys A Alb -> Apu

Multiple fleet could be necessary. Lets further assume AH has a fleet in ION then he could order

A Tri -> Tun
F ADR Convoys A Tri -> Tun
F ION Convoys A Tri -> Tun

Hope this helps. It is also worth reading some of the articles on that site for your contry and get an idea of the tactical themes and normal plans.

bergil
18-05-2007, 04:42 PM
When and how often can you build?

Rincewind
18-05-2007, 07:08 PM
When and how often can you build?

OK. Everynoe starts with an equal number of units and supply centres (SCs). Usually 3 though Russia has 4.

To gain a new supply centre, you have to occupy it at the end of the Fall movement phase. During Winter if you have more SCs than units you can build new units to make up the difference in your home Suppy Centres (those you start with at the beginning of the game) that you still control. If you have more units than SCs then you MUST remove units to bing the number of nuits back in line with the number of SCs controlled.

These build/remove orders constitute the Winter turn. Units do not move during the Winter.

The turn phases for a year are as follows...

Spring movement
Spring retreat (only necessary if a unit is forcably dislodged)
Fall movement
Fall retreat (only necessary if a unit is forcably dislodged)
Winter build/removal

The first turn is 1901 Spring Movement.

regards, Barry

bergil
18-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks Barry :clap:

If all moves are in before the deadline can you make and let them be known?

What will be the time limit between turn phases?

Rincewind
18-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks Barry :clap:

What will be the time limit between turn phases?

If all players agree that it is a good thing. For the moment I will wait for midnight tomorrow.

In general I was thinking 3 days for movement order and 1 day for build/retreat orders. But these can be tinkered with as we go along. I thought best to take it slow to give players a chance to digest the rules and articles on strategy, etc that are available on the web.

Rincewind
18-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Useful reading: the official Diplomacy rules. (http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf)

Rincewind
19-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Just a reminder that the deadline for Spring 1901 orders is midnight tonight...

Rincewind
19-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Just a reminder that the deadline for Spring 1901 orders is midnight tonight...

2.5 hours to go and several players are still to submit orders...

Rincewind
20-05-2007, 12:53 AM
No orders received from France and Turkey, so their units all hold. Other countries orders all succeeded except Italy and Austria-Hungary who had a standoff over the Venice/Trieste border.

Spring 1901

General Notices:

No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud -> ser
Austria: F tri -> ven
Bounced with ven (1 against 1).
Austria: A vie -> bud

England:

England: F edi -> nwg
England: A lvp -> yor
England: F lon -> nth

France:

France: F bre Holds
France: A mar Holds
France: A par Holds

Germany:

Germany: A ber -> kie
Germany: F kie -> hol
Germany: A mun -> ruh

Italy:

Italy: F nap -> ion
Italy: A rom -> apu
Italy: A ven -> tri
Bounced with tri (1 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: A mos -> ukr
Russia: F sev -> bla
Russia: F stp/sc -> bot
Russia: A war -> gal

Turkey:

Turkey: F ank Holds
Turkey: A con Holds
Turkey: A smy Holds

Rincewind
20-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Fall Orders due midnight on 22-May.

As this will be the Fall move this is the money turn. It is the new SCs you occupy at the END of this turn that will be added to the list that you own. Extra SCs means extra units so remember to make this move count. (Even France and Turkey are still a good chance of getting new SCs if they enter moves this turn).

Also new units must be built in HOME SCs. That is the ones that you start with. So remember to free these up for new units if necessary. (Not so important in 1901 but often is later).

Rincewind
20-05-2007, 11:55 AM

I've had more of a think about this and I think it is a good idea. Firstly for keeping the game moving along. Otherwise the game could drag out. Secondly, some players might be waiting to close to the deadline and then forgetting to post orders at all.

Therefore from now on, orders will be processed when legal orders have been received from all players or at the deadline, whichever occurs first. So don't delay, get those orders in today. :)

(deadline 22-May-2007 24:00)

bergil
21-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I've had more of a think about this and I think it is a good idea. Firstly for keeping the game moving along. Otherwise the game could drag out. Secondly, some players might be waiting to close to the deadline and then forgetting to post orders at all.

Therefore from now on, orders will be processed when legal orders have been received from all players or at the deadline, whichever occurs first. So don't delay, get those orders in today. :)

(deadline 22-May-2007 24:00)
I've put my orders in, lets hope HK and Frog put orders in this time otherwise Germany will get a strangle hold on the game.

Rincewind
22-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I've put my orders in, lets hope HK and Frog put orders in this time otherwise Germany will get a strangle hold on the game.

One down, three to go. Dealine is Midnight... Tonight...

I've decided if a player misses two movement turns in a row then I assign that power to a bot.

If anyone wants to come into the game, I can allocate them to a power that a bot is currently playing - Provided that bot isn't tubing everyone else.

bergil
23-05-2007, 03:04 PM
One down, three to go. Dealine is Midnight... Tonight...

I've decided if a player misses two movement turns in a row then I assign that power to a bot.

If anyone wants to come into the game, I can allocate them to a power that a bot is currently playing - Provided that bot isn't tubing everyone else.The deadline has past did all players issue orders? :pray:

Rincewind
23-05-2007, 06:33 PM
The deadline has past did all players issue orders? :pray:

Lamentably no. Boris did lodge orders at around 8:30 this morning. So far not a peep from the heaviestknight or frog.

So my initial feeling is (since this is just a friendly and doesn't directly affect you as yet) that I will process the orders for England and Russia (though late) and order France and Turkey's unit to all hold. We'll consider that during 1901 France and Turkey were engaged in civil conflict (hence no foreign invasions) and from 1902 both countries are under the control of new regimes (i.e. AI players).

I won't be home till late tonight so let me know sometime this evening if anyone has a problem with this plan.

Aaron Guthrie
23-05-2007, 07:08 PM
We'll consider that during 1901 France and Turkey were engaged in civil conflict (hence no foreign invasions) and from 1902 both countries are under the control of new regimes (i.e. AI players).:lol: :clap:

Rincewind
24-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Results for Fall, 1901 (Movement)

General Notices:

Order Results:

Austria:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.

Austria: A bud -> vie
Austria: A ser -> bul
Austria: F tri Holds

England:

England: F nth Convoys A yor -> nwy
England: F nwg -> bar
England: A yor -> nwy
Convoy path taken: yor -> nth -> nwy.

France:

Civil uprising in France. New regime takes control and publish an agenda of aggressive expansionism.

Germany:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 2.

Germany: F hol Supports A ruh -> bel
Germany: A kie -> ruh
Germany: A ruh -> bel

Italy:

Italy: A apu -> tun
Convoy path taken: apu -> ion -> tun.
Italy: F ion Convoys A apu -> tun
Bounced with tri (1 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A ukr -> rum
Russia: A gal Supports A ukr -> rum
Russia: F bot -> swe
Russia: A ukr -> rum

Turkey:

Civil uprising in Turkey. New regime takes control and publish an agenda of aggressive expansionism.

Turkey: A smy Holds

Bots assume control of France and Turkey and builds should be sent to me asap. bergil with one and Boris with two.

Remember that builds must be specified in an empty home supply centre. If building a fleet that must occur in a coastal SC and if that SC has two coastlines (e.g. St Petersburg) You have to specify which coastline (either north coast or south coast)

Rincewind
24-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Latest map pre-builds.

Rincewind
24-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Results for Fall, 1901 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: Builds A bud

England:

England: Builds F lon

France:

No builds

Germany:

Germany: Builds F ber
Germany: Builds F kie

Italy:

Italy: Builds A rom

Russia:

Russia: Builds A mos
Russia: Builds F stp/sc

Turkey:

No builds

Rincewind
24-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Spring 1902 movements orders will be process when received from both players. Please make it before the deadline of midnight 27 May.

Rincewind
24-05-2007, 09:48 PM
As I mentioned before Turkey and France will be under the control of AI from Spring 1902 onwards.

If new players want to join the game please apply via PM. I'll allocate you one of the AI players randomly and you can begin from the current game turn.

We are also in need of a War Correspondant. You job will to be write reports of the last season's or year's progress in the game in a historical context. No application necessary, just post your first report in this thread.

Rincewind
24-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Example War Report...

TROUBLE BREWING IN THE BALTIC

Friendly relations between England, Russia and Germany took a turn for the worse this Winter with all three nations lanching new military fleets, ready for combat. Russia now has two fleets in the northern Baltic, Germany has three fleets stationed in Berlin and Keil and another on hand on the recently annexed Holland. In a provocative move, England has stationed a fleet in the Barents Sea, has one in the North Sea and recently commissioned a third in London.

Britannia still rules the waves, but that naval superiority is definitely being challenged.

Desmond
24-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Are these bots pretty good? I mean, could we expect them to make some obvious mistake from time to time, or do they pretty much play as an expert human would?

frog
24-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi All,

Didnt know the game had even started. No PM to me and nothing on the Diplomacy thread which is where I was looking. SAD!! I guess its a bit hard for Games Master to notify all participants that game is on - Guess I will have to wait till real game in a few months.

Communication is very important!!

I didnt expect anything special just some note in Diplomacy thread or a PM.

Rincewind
25-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi All,

Didnt know the game had even started. No PM to me and nothing on the Diplomacy thread which is where I was looking. SAD!! I guess its a bit hard for Games Master to notify all participants that game is on - Guess I will have to wait till real game in a few months.

Communication is very important!!

I didnt expect anything special just some note in Diplomacy thread or a PM.

Frog, as stated in my PM, you are welcome to resume control of Turkey from Spring 1902.

Sorry for the miscommunication. I think in the future, PMing all players with a link to the game thread is a good idea.

bergil
25-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Frog, as stated in my PM, you are welcome to resume control of Turkey from Spring 1902.

Sorry for the miscommunication. I think in the future, PMing all players with a link to the game thread is a good idea.Wouldn't it be better to start the game again? The more who play the better, this game has already been warped because two of the players didn't issue orders.

What do you think Boris?

Call me Neville Chamberlain but Germany will win this one. :uhoh:

Desmond
25-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Wouldn't it be better to start the game again? The more who play the better, this game has already been warped because two of the players didn't issue orders.

What do you think Boris?

Call me Neville Chamberlain but Germany will win this one. :uhoh:I wouldn't mind playing on for a bit, just for the practice if nothing else.

frog
25-05-2007, 12:11 PM
hi all,

Whenever you guys are ready to have another game the Games Master has said he will PM me , so as before I am definite player.

I do understand Boris's point of view as in a real live game writing of orders is CRITICAL - one miswritten order and the piece is considered to be on Hold. But with so many countries in Civil Disorder?

kindest Regards

bergil
25-05-2007, 12:18 PM
hi all,

Whenever you guys are ready to have another game the Games Master has said he will PM me , so as before I am definite player.

I do understand Boris's point of view as in a real live game writing of orders is CRITICAL - one miswritten order and the piece is considered to be on Hold. But with so many countries in Civil Disorder?

kindest Regards
What about missed deadlines?:hmm: Ok lets play on.

Desmond
25-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Perhaps this game can continue until more players can be mustered and the next game starts. Some ppl might be willing to play the game for the first time once they have watched this in action for a bit longer.

bergil
25-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Perhaps this game can continue until more players can be mustered and the next game starts. Some ppl might be willing to play the game for the first time once they have watched this in action for a bit longer.Sure :D

Rincewind
25-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Perhaps this game can continue until more players can be mustered and the next game starts. Some ppl might be willing to play the game for the first time once they have watched this in action for a bit longer.

The main purpose of this game is to give those who want it, a bit of a taste of the game. It also gives those interested in observing a look at how it operates in the hope we might be able to engender enough interest for a full human game with press.

No press was a decision based on keeping the game going alone at a reasonably fast pace. It also prevents warping the mechanics of a game with so many bots as humans could easily team up and wipe out bots with ease. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, in reality a human player would at least have the opportunity to forge competing alliances to help stave off the attack.

So what are the other options?

Option 1

Not worry about the current position and just start playing turkey from the current position either by frog but more likely by bot. This is my preferred option but I understand frog's reticence to play and I'll certainly not prejudice him for not doing so.

Option 2

Start again. A bit drastic but I will do this if the other players agree this is best.

Option 3

Russia agrees to play F BLA -> Sev in Spring 1902 and Turkey agrees to NOT play F Ank -> BLA. All other units move as per normal (except Russia can't order any other unit to move to Sev). From Fall 1902 on, play resumes as per normal.

This allows the game to continue with a minimum of intervention.

I prefer option 1 but will institute option 2 or 3 if the players agree unanimously on any one of them.

frog, bergil and Boris,

Please reply with all the options from those listed above you are willing to entertain.

bergil
25-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Option 2 but I am happy to go with option 1 or 3.

HeaviestKnight didn't make any moves because he sent a PM trying open diplomatic channels but when he read it was gunboat felt he shouldn't make a move. I thought it was going to be for one move only but it turned out longer.

Frog wasn't aware the game had started.

I like Boris have never played this game before so I am happy to play on.

Game moves 1 day a move because there is no diplomacy?

Desmond
25-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Prefer option 1, then 3, with 2 being my least preferred.

frog
25-05-2007, 01:35 PM
hi All

The problem is Turkey has nowhere to go now as Bulgaria is its natural first season gain with an avenue then to greece after building a fleet. The other forces can do nothing but try to attack russia and with russia building an army in moscow a supported attack will never work against Sev even if I get into b sea in later years.

So unfortunately I have to wait for a new game.

kindest Regards

Rincewind
25-05-2007, 02:03 PM
The problem is Turkey has nowhere to go now as Bulgaria is its natural first season gain with an avenue then to greece after building a fleet. The other forces can do nothing but try to attack russia and with russia building an army in moscow a supported attack will never work against Sev even if I get into b sea in later years.

So unfortunately I have to wait for a new game.

Without a doubt Turkey is in a worse position than it would have been had its units moved during 1901 but we can only play the position as it stands. However, things are not all that bad and in a seven player game the player who hulls down and weathers an early storm can come back with advantage. Somewhat like the hypermodern theory in chess. :)

It looks like option 1 (game goes on) without frog for now.

Boris and bergil, PM me your orders by midnight 27-May but the earlier the better. Once I received two valid sets of orders, I'll process as soon as I can.

Rincewind
25-05-2007, 04:27 PM
HeaviestKnight didn't make any moves because he sent a PM trying open diplomatic channels but when he read it was gunboat felt he shouldn't make a move. I thought it was going to be for one move only but it turned out longer.

I didn't realise this. He certainly should not have felt so constrained.

If heaviestknight wants to resume control of the French war office, he should PM me ASAP.

frog
25-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi All,

Turkey can do nothing and Russia can capture the three turkish supply centres within 2 years. Turkey is helpless to do anything about it.

With presumably only three humans playing there are standard setups for a 3 person game being having two countries each as far apart as possible with i think it is Italy as neutral. For 4 person game three have two countries and one person has England - i believe that is correct but if not I stand corrected.

What you are playing at the moment is like some varient of chess say octagonal chess - the same basic rules for the game but completely different to Diplomacy and standard setups for a game. Playing with Bots is like the difference between playing a computor at chess and a human.

Anyway enjoy your game!!

Regards to ALL

Desmond
25-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

Turkey can do nothing and Russia can capture the three turkish supply centres within 2 years. Turkey is helpless to do anything about it.

regards to AllThat may be. I don't know; it's my first game. Seems to me that Russia has no less than 4 opposing teams eying off its borders. Perhaps it is much simpler than that to a seasoned player such as yourself.

For my part, I wouldn't be making such comments on a game in progress.

frog
25-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Boris,

Why not make comments isnt that what playing such a game on an open access chatsite all about making comments. To get some experience of playing strategies some simple websites as mentioned before by Games Master can be of big help.

Ive been knocked out first a couple of times usually when an alliance turns very sour - mainly because of major miscalculation of people on my part - but hey stuff like that happens.

When I first started I welcomed advice from lots of sources and in fact had a mentor guide me through the first game giving me key options at various times after analysis of possibilities - that way it was still my game and the BIG thing was writing the orders correctly.

I enjoyed myself on my third game after doing some homework on opening strategies for all countries.

Desmond
25-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Boris,

Why not make comments isnt that what playing such a game on an open access chatsite all about making comments. To get some experience of playing strategies some simple websites as mentioned before by Games Master can be of big help.Sure, advice would be great. After the game. I'm sure you wouldn't offer advice during a correspondance chess game, would you?

Rincewind
25-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Boris,

Why not make comments isnt that what playing such a game on an open access chatsite all about making comments. To get some experience of playing strategies some simple websites as mentioned before by Games Master can be of big help.

Ive been knocked out first a couple of times usually when an alliance turns very sour - mainly because of major miscalculation of people on my part - but hey stuff like that happens.

When I first started I welcomed advice from lots of sources and in fact had a mentor guide me through the first game giving me key options at various times after analysis of possibilities - that way it was still my game and the BIG thing was writing the orders correctly.

I enjoyed myself on my third game after doing some homework on opening strategies for all countries.

It is true that there are standard set up for less than 7 players but I have always found them a bit dodgy. As this is being played over the internet I thought a full 7 player game with bots filling ni the number is a ood way to have a game going in the traditional sense. Bots also tend to not be so smart so it is not quite the same as playing a computer at chess (not that is somethng that I particularly revile).

The other advantage about substitutnig bots is that is interested players came along late they could be accomodated by replacing a bot and likewise should a player go awol then a bot could easily take over.

The reasons for no press are explained in #39 above. The plan is to eventually have a full press all human game, but the interest level and player base will need beefing up first.

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Results for Spring, 1902 (Movement)

General Notices:

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud Supports A bul -> ser
- Support cut by Move from Galicia.
Austria: A bul -> ser
- Bounced with ven (1 against 1).
Austria: A vie Supports A bud

England:

England: F bar -> stp/nc
- Bounced with mos (1 against 1).
- Bounced with hol (1 against 1).
England: F nth -> ska
England: A nwy -> swe
- Bounced with swe (1 against 1).

France:

France: F bre -> mao
France: A mar -> spa
France: A par -> gas

Germany:

Germany: A bel -> pic
Germany: F ber -> bal
Germany: F hol -> nth
- Bounced with lon (1 against 1).
Germany: F kie -> den
Germany: A ruh -> bel

Italy:

Italy: F ion Convoys A tun -> gre
Italy: A tun -> gre
- Convoy path taken: tun -> ion -> gre.
- Bounced with tri (1 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A rum
- Support cut by Move from Ankara.
Russia: A gal -> bud
- Bounced with bud (2 against 2).
Russia: A mos -> stp
- Bounced with bar (1 against 1).
Russia: A rum Supports A gal -> bud
Russia: F swe Holds

Turkey:

Turkey: F ank -> bla
- Bounced with bla (1 against 1).
Turkey: A smy -> arm

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 01:15 AM
As anticipated things are becoming very congested in the Baltic and North Sea.

Deadline for Fall 1902 order, midnight 28 May.

frog
26-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi All,

I will play turkey if you like to get rid of Bots.

Regards to ALL

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I will play turkey if you like to get rid of Bots.

Thanks, frog. Glad to have you on board.

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 04:33 PM
No applications for War Correspondent?

ENLAND LAYS SEIGE TO ST PETERSBURG

St Petersburg, 21 April, 1902
England has made its intentions clear by laying seige to St Petersburg. At the moment the Russian city is in little fear of falling as the English fleet lacks support and does little more than keep the Russian forces busy. However, Anglo-Russian relations have hit an all time low.

FRANCE'S AGGRESSIVE EXPANSION

Paris, 5 May, 1902.
The new French government of General P.C. La Bott has wasted no time in following up his coup d'etat with highly mobilised expansion onto the Iberian penisula. French forces are stationed in Madrid as I write this and Lisbon looks likely to fall soon.

CONGESTION IN THE BALTIC AS GERMANY MOBILISES

Copenhagen, 17 May, 1902
Germany navel forces are staioned in the Baltic, challenged the might of the English navy in the North Sea and captured Copenhagen. The Germany land forces have also been busy, annexing the Low Countries and we have confirmed reports of German forces in the norther French province of Picardy.

LAND GRAB IN THE BALKANS

Bucharest, 19 May, 1902
The major powers of Austria-Hungary, Italy, Russia and Turkey are all vying for land in the Balkans, the traditional hotbed of European hostilities. At first it seemed that all powers are remaining neutral while picking up what countries they could. However, recent developments appear to be heading down the path of a more direct conflict. The troubling signs were Italy entering the race by landing an army and quickly seizing Athens, and Turkish forces marching into Armenia in a provocative manouver.

bergil
26-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Nice job Barry. :clap:

Are we reducing the days between moves?

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Are we reducing the days between moves?

Yes. :)

Results for Fall, 1902 (Movement)

General Notices:

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud Supports A vie -> gal
Austria: A ser Supports A bud
- Bounced with ven (1 against 1).
Austria: A vie -> gal

England:

- Bounced with bot (1 against 1).
- Bounced with hol (1 against 1).
- Bounced with bal (2 against 1).
England: F ska Supports A nwy -> swe

France:

Supply centers were gained.
- Units that may be built: 1.

France: A gas -> par
- Bounced with pic (1 against 1).
France: F mao -> bre
France: A spa -> por

Germany:

Germany: F bal -> swe
- Bounced with nwy (2 against 1).
Germany: A bel -> bur
Germany: F den Supports F bal -> swe
- Bounced with lon (1 against 1).
Germany: A pic -> par
- Bounced with gas (1 against 1).

Italy:

Italy: A apu -> alb
- Convoy path taken: apu -> ion -> alb.
Italy: A gre Supports A apu -> alb
Italy: F ion Convoys A apu -> alb

Russia:

Russia: A gal -> sil
Russia: F bot -> stp/sc
Russia: A mos -> sev
- Bounced with arm (1 against 1).
Russia: A rum Holds

Turkey:

Turkey: F ank -> con
Turkey: A arm -> sev
Turkey: A con -> bul

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 05:16 PM
The position post Fall, 1902

Rincewind
26-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Just need one build order from Turkey to complete the Winter Adjustments.

Basil
26-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Whoever's in charge of England, we are watching! ;)

bergil
26-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Whoever's in charge of England, we are watching! ;)They are going as well as they usually do, directionless and without talent! :P

Rincewind
27-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Results for Winter, 1902 (Adjustment)

France:
France: Builds A mar

Germany:
Germany: Builds A mun

Italy:

Turkey:
Turkey: Builds F smy

Spring 1903, orders are due in 29-May. But as always, the sooner the better.

Rincewind
30-05-2007, 10:22 AM
All orders have been received before the deadline. I'll process them this evening.

bergil
30-05-2007, 11:43 AM
All orders have been received before the deadline. Really? :hmm:

Desmond
30-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah berg, took the liberty of moving for you.

*all armies and fleets disband and run home to mummy*

Rincewind
30-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Really? :hmm:

Yep. I'm currently building my system after an upgrade so I am having to do repeated reboots. I was waiting until I had things a little more stable before got back into Diplomacy. The reason is the Diplomacy judging software I'm using either hasn't implementing saving the game or else I can't work out how to use it. Either way it is just easier if I leave my computer running and don't reboot for the duration of the game. :)

Rincewind
30-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Results for Spring, 1903 (Movement)

General Notices:

All dislodged units destroyed; advancing to next phase.

Order Results:

Austria:

The Army in Serbia cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Austria: A bud Supports F tri
Austria: A gal -> rum
- Bounced with rum (1 against 2).
Austria: A ser Supports F tri
- Support cut by Move from Greece.
- Dislodged from gre (2 against 1).

England:

England: A nwy Holds
England: F ska Supports F lon -> nth

France:

France: A gas -> bur
France: A mar Supports A gas -> bur
France: A por -> spa

Germany:

Germany: F bal Holds
Germany: A bur -> mun
Germany: F den Supports F bal
Germany: F hol -> kie
Germany: A mun -> ber
Germany: A pic -> par

Italy:

Italy: A alb Supports A gre -> ser
Italy: A gre -> ser
Italy: F ion -> gre
Italy: A rom Holds
- Bounced with tri (1 against 2).

Russia:

Russia: A sil -> boh

Turkey:

Turkey: A arm -> smy
Turkey: A bul Holds
Turkey: F con Supports F smy -> aeg
Turkey: F smy -> aeg

Rincewind
30-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Fall 1903 Orders due by 3-Jun @ midnight. But the earlier the better.

Rincewind
30-05-2007, 10:29 PM
BELGRADE FALLS TO ITALIAN FORCES
Belgrade, April 1903
The Italian nation continues to press its expansionist policies in the Balkans with it's army marching from Athens to Belgrade, supported by forces in Albania. The strategy caught the Austro-Hungarian forces completely off-guard, who were expecting an attack from Trieste in the west. The Austro-Hungarians suffered huge losses defending Belgrade to the last man, but Italy won the day.

PARIS FALLS TO THE HUN
Paris, March 1903
Paris fell to German forces in a bloodless take over. With their campaign in Iberia not yet complete the French were a little stretched to guard their entire northern border. The good news for the French is that Russian moves into Silesia and Bohemia have worried the Kaiser and he has withdrawn forces stationed in Burgundy to protect the Fatherland. This means that with any luck, whatsoever Paris will be liberated shortly.

ENGLAND RECAPTURES CONTROL OF THE NORTH SEA
Edinburgh, May 1903
England once again rules the waves, at least those in the strategically vital North Sea. German navel forces ceded to Engish superiority without a challenge. A move perhaps provoked by the concerns of homeland security.

frog
31-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi All,

Italy which is a Bot looks like it will win.

Turkey will stay with 4 pieces for some time and be unlikely to build anymore for some time or until Russia collapses I played a second fleet down south to ward off the expected Italian Fleet invasions after more fleets built.

Can I suggest we play another 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 years because in that time Italy's growth should be beyond question and the game more or less assured.

This will give the players playing for first time a sight at the natural progression and what shapes work in specific areas and what shapes dont work.

Then we can start another game with hopefully more real folks playing or if only 4 then divide as per Diplomacy rules - I realise Rince that the carve up of countries with 4 player game sometimes seems ? but that I believe is better than playing with BOTS.

Regards to ALL

Rincewind
31-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I have no problem with the assessment in theory but a lot can happen in a game of Diplomacy and at this stage it is far to early to talk about winners, or even, likely winners.

Italy is off to a much better start that normal and this is probably due to the inactivity of two major potential adversaries (France and Turkey) in 1901. However, Italy still only controls six SCs and Russia and Germany are in similar positions and I wouldn't put Italy in front of either of these two powers just yet.

Furthermore, Turkey and England have good defensive prospects and if a door is left a jar can spring from last place to first very quickly. So with these powers in particular it is never worth resigning until you've lost all SCs.

Finally, I've played a number of different bots and these ones are good but are certainly beatable, even from a winning position, with good play.

So I suggest we no decide on a sunset date for the game just yet. While people are having fun and the outcome isn't a foregone conclusion I suggest we keep playing. However, you guys are the players, so tell me if it is no longer any fun and we can start talking about the next game.

frog
31-05-2007, 03:33 PM
hi All,

No probs Rince but with the Italian Bot playing well and I remember Im not to comment on real human players (Boris) things may well sort themselves out in a years time then perhaps things will be clearer.

As Turkey all I was after was effecting as you said a good defensive position but as the Italian bot is going to probably gain 2 or three pieces my chances of breaking Italy are negligible. I acquired my second fleet down south to achieve exactly as you said a solid defensive position.

I remember one thing was emphasised to me from the first time I played - ALWAYS SECURE YOUR OWN COUNTRY - if you let your home supply centres fall you cant grow and it wont be long before you are wiped out.

Regards to ALL

bergil
31-05-2007, 03:59 PM
To speed things up can we make it 2 days a move and 1 day builds/retreats?

Rincewind
31-05-2007, 05:09 PM
To speed things up can we make it 2 days a move and 1 day builds/retreats?

I have no problem to this but will be dragging my feet for the next few days because I am still establishing a stable computer system. Not unstable from the point of view of things crashing but I still need to install a number of applications on my desktop and some of these will require a reboot. The reboot in turn requires me to re-enter all moves from Spring-1901 as I have no way of saving the game in the judge software I have been using.

But the sooner the better. If all players get their moves in I will endeavour to process them as soon as I can.

bergil
31-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I have no problem to this but will be dragging my feet for the next few days because I am still establishing a stable computer system. Not unstable from the point of view of things crashing but I still need to install a number of applications on my desktop and some of these will require a reboot. The reboot in turn requires me to re-enter all moves from Spring-1901 as I have no way of saving the game in the judge software I have been using.

But the sooner the better. If all players get their moves in I will endeavour to process them as soon as I can.Ok Cheers :clap:

BTW my orders are in.

Rincewind
31-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Results for Fall, 1903 (Movement)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud Supports F tri
- Support cut by Move from Rumania.
Austria: A gal -> vie
- Bounced with boh (1 against 1).
-Dislodged from alb (3 against 1).

England:

England: F nth -> bel
- Bounced with bur (1 against 1).
- Bounced with bal (2 against 1).

France:

France: A bur -> bel
- Bounced with nth (1 against 1).
France: A mar -> gas
France: A spa Supports A mar -> gas

Germany:

Germany: A ber -> sil
Germany: F kie -> hol
Germany: A mun Supports A ber -> sil
Germany: A par Holds

Italy:

Italy: A alb -> tri
Italy: F gre Holds
Italy: A ser Supports A alb -> tri
Italy: A ven Supports A alb -> tri

Russia:

Russia: F bla Holds
Russia: A boh -> vie
- Bounced with gal (1 against 1).
Russia: A rum -> bud
- Bounced with bud (1 against 1).
Russia: A sev -> ukr

Turkey:

Turkey: F aeg -> ion
Turkey: F con Supports A bul
Turkey: A smy -> ank

Results for Fall, 1903 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Austria:

Supply centers were lost. Units that must be removed: 1.

Austria: F tri -> adr

Germany:

Italy:

Results for Winter, 1903 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: Removes F adr

Germany:

Germany: Builds A kie

Italy:

Italy: Builds F nap
Italy: Builds F rom

Rincewind
31-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Retreats and adjustments were only valid for bots so we are up to Spring 1904.
Deadline for orders 2 June @ midnight.

Rincewind
01-06-2007, 10:29 AM
I haven't had to reboot my machine since the last move so get those orders in to me today and I won't have to rerun all orders from move one. :)

No budding war correspondants? You know George Negus started this way? ;)

Basil
01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
No budding war correspondants?
Purple
Head south young man! Nothing happening up there!

Grey
Can you feel the walls closing in?

Blue
Let me get this straight. You speak French and Spanish and you wanna rule the world? Ha!

Red
I'm watching you.

Green
I wouldn't give you a single HCD for that ramshackle bunch of easy-beats.

Yellow
Give it up - now. It's patently obvious you ain't going anywhere.

Good work on the map, Barry :clap:

Rincewind
01-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Good work on the map, Barry :clap:

The map is generated by a GP Licensed application called jDip (http://jdip.sourceforge.net/).

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Results for Spring, 1904 (Movement)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud Holds
Austria: A gal -> vie
- Bounced with boh (1 against 1).

England:

England: F bar -> nwg
England: F nth -> eng
- Bounced with den (2 against 1).

France:

France: F bre Supports A spa -> gas
- Support cut by Move from Paris.
France: A bur Supports A gas -> par
France: A gas -> par
France: A spa -> gas

Germany:

Germany: F bal Supports F den -> swe
Germany: F den -> swe
Germany: A kie -> den
- Failed because Germany: F den -> swe failed.
Germany: A mun Supports A sil -> boh
Germany: A par -> bre
- Bounced with bre (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from gas (2 against 1).
Germany: A sil -> boh

Italy:

Italy: A apu -> ven
Italy: F gre -> bul/sc
Italy: F nap -> tys
Italy: F rom -> nap
Italy: A ser Supports F gre -> bul
Italy: A tri -> bud
Italy: A ven -> tyr

Russia:

The Army in Bohemia cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Russia: A boh -> vie
- Dislodged from sil (2 against 1).
Russia: A ukr -> war

Turkey:

The Army in Bulgaria cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Turkey: A ank -> con
- Dislodged from gre (2 against 1).
Turkey: F con -> aeg
Turkey: F ion -> tun

Results for Spring, 1904 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Germany:

Germany: A par -> pic

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Two player units were dislodged but both were forced disbands so no orders required from humans this retreat phase. Which brings us to Fall, 1904...
Note that despite appearances, the Turkish fleet is in the Aegean Sea and not Greece.

Next turn deadline midnight June 3.

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Results for Fall, 1904 (Movement)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud Supports A gal
Austria: A gal Supports A bud

England:

England: F eng Holds
England: F nwg -> edi
England: F ska -> nth

France:

France: F bre -> eng
- Bounced with eng (1 against 1).
France: A bur Holds
France: A gas -> bre
France: A par Supports A bur

Germany:

Germany: A boh -> vie
- Bounced with tyr (1 against 1).
Germany: A kie -> ruh
Germany: A mun Supports A kie -> ruh
Germany: F nth -> bel
Germany: A pic -> bre

Italy:

Italy: F bul/sc Holds
Ialy: A ser Supports F bul/sc
Italy: A tri Supports A tyr -> vie
Italy: A tyr -> vie
Italy: F tys -> tun
- Bounced with tun (1 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A rum -> bul
Russia: A rum -> bul
- Bounced with bul (2 against 2).
- Dislodged from bal (2 against 1).
Russia: A war Holds

Turkey:

Turkey: F aeg Convoys A con -> gre
Turkey: A con -> gre
- Convoy path taken: con->aeg->gre.
Turkey: F tun Holds

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
There is one human control retreat which must be ordered.

The Russian fleet in Sweden must either retreat to Finland, Skagarrak or else disband voluntarily.

Boris, let me know what you decide asap.

In the meantime it is looking like England and Russia maintain the status quo (unless the Swedish fleet disbands in which case Russia can build a replacement). But Turkey is gaining 2 units. So frog, send me your build orders as well and I should be able to do Fall retreats and Winter adjustments in the one go.

Desmond
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I'll go to ska :)

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Results for Fall, 1904 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Austria:

France:

Russia:

Russia: F swe -> ska

Turkey:

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 12:01 PM
frog, two new units. :clap: Please send me the orders asap.

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Results for Winter, 1904 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: Removes A gal

France:

France: Builds F mar

Turkey:

Turkey: Builds F ankTurkey: Builds F con

Rincewind
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Fleets are all the rage this Winter.
Spring orders due midnight 4 June.

frog
03-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Gunner,

You were wrong!

Peace and Love to ALL

Rincewind
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
DANCING IN THE STREETS OF PARIS
Paris, May 1904
Parisians are celebrating their city's liberation by French forces. Germany successfully invaded Paris in 1903 but with mounting security problem at home, they could never maintain their garrison of the French capital.

SWEDEN FALLS TO THE GERMANS
Stockholm, September 1904
The German war-machine has finally taken Stockholm from the Russian fleet. British operations from Norway had been hampering their efforts but a change in War Office priorities has seen the Scandinavian campaign abandoned and with it, Russia's foothold in Scandinavia.

AUSTRIA-HUNGARY TEETERING ON THE BRINK
Budapest, December 1904
The Austro-Hungarian empire, during the 19th century one of the most successful powers of continental Europe is now on the verge of being wiped off the face of the map of Europe forever. They have found themselves harried by the Russians in Gallacia, however their primary adversary has been Italy who has expanded vigorously through the Balkans and now hold the major cities of Trieste and Vienna.

MEDITERRANEAN WATERS WARMING UP
Marseilles, January 1905
The French have commissioned a new fleet in the port of Marseilles, a move likely to worry their neighbour Italy. To increase the pressure in Rome, the Turks have commissioned two new fleets in Ankara and Constantinople and so for the first time the Italians find their naval dominance in the Mediterranean being seriously challenged.

Rincewind
03-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Blue
Let me get this straight. You speak French and Spanish and you wanna rule the world? Ha!

Reminds me of a famous quote of Emperor Charles V (Carlos Quinto) who ruled much of 16th century Europe including Holland, Germany, Austria, Spain and most of Italy...

"I speak in Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse."

Apparently he was speaking to a man when he said it as I have it originally in French.

Basil
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Gunner,

You were wrong!

Peace and Love to ALL

I can't say I'm surprised, but as my erroneous dribblings cover such a vast array of human endeavour, I'd appreciate a clue as to what you are referring. In reference to 'Yellow' perhaps?

frog
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Gunner,

Yes I was talking of your prediction for the fate of Turkey.

I wasnt referring to your unending analysis of the cosmos. LOL

regards to ALL

Basil
03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Gunner, Yes I was talking of your prediction for the fate of Turkey.
Tunisia!? Are you barking mad, man? I wouldn't pay 5 HCDs for Tunisia!

OK - I didn't see that coming. And there's a very slight chance that I have no idea what I'm talking about. But I'd prefer to keep that between us, as I don't think anyone else has sussed me yet.

frog
03-06-2007, 09:07 PM
HI Gunner,

No probs mate we will just keep your picaroon way of life to ourselves - lol.

Basil
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Coded Message For Bergil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr00Vp946lU&mode=related&search=

Rincewind
04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Results for Spring, 1905 (Movement)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud Holds
- Dislodged from vie (2 against 1).

England:

England: F edi -> nth
- Bounced with bel (1 against 1).
England: F eng Supports F nth -> bel
- Bounced with bel (2 against 1).

France:

France: F bre Supports A par -> pic
France: A bur -> mun
- Bounced with mun (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from ruh (2 against 1).
- Bounced with ruh (1 against 1).
France: F mar -> spa/sc
France: A par -> pic

Germany:

The Army in Picardy cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Germany: F bel -> nth
- Bounced with nth (2 against 1).
Germany: A boh -> gal
Germany: F den Supports F bel -> nth
Germany: A mun Supports A ruh -> bur
Germany: A pic -> bre
- Dislodged from par (2 against 1).
Germany: A ruh -> bur
Germany: F swe -> nwy
- Bounced with nwy (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from ska (2 against 1).

Italy:

Italy: F bul/sc -> gre
Italy: F ion Supports F bul/sc -> gre
Italy: A ser Supports F bul/sc -> gre
Italy: A tri Supports A vie -> bud
Italy: A tyr -> vie
Italy: F tys -> tun
- Bounced with tun (1 against 1).
Italy: A vie -> bud

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A rum -> bul
- Support cut by Move from Ankara.
- Dislodged from ank (2 against 1).
Russia: F bot Supports F ska -> swe
Russia: A rum -> bul
Russia: F ska -> swe
Russia: A war -> sil

Turkey:

Turkey: F aeg Supports A gre -> bul
Turkey: F ank -> bla
Turkey: F con Supports F ank -> bla
Turkey: A gre -> bul
- Dislodged from bul (3 against 1).
Turkey: F tun -> tys
- Bounced with tys (1 against 1).

Rincewind
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Heaps of retreats this Spring. Human control retreats include:

Russia: F Black Sea needs somewhere to go options are Armenia, Sevastapol or Rumania, or disband.
Turkey: A Greece needs to retreat (Albania or bust I'm afraid).

Rincewind
05-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Results for Spring, 1905 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud -> rum

France:

France: A bur -> mar

Germany:

Germany: F swe -> bal

Russia:

Russia: F bla -> sev

Turkey:

Turkey: A gre -> alb

Rincewind
05-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Deadline for Fall 1905 orders, midnight 6 June

Rincewind
05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Please note that Turkey will be controlled by a Bot from Fall 1905 inclusive.

frog disagreed with the order resolution for Spring. In particular he didn't think Russia a Rum -> Bul should have succeeded as Turkey Ordered A Gre -> Bul supported by F AEG and the Russian support was cut by the F BLA being dislodged.

I support frog's right to question the rules but the following factors are not in his favour.

The software I use for bots to play in the game is DAIDE Server 0.30. This processed the orders allowing Russia: A Rum -> Bul. To produce the maps I also enter all moves into jDip 1.7.0 which has a independent order resolution engine. This software also allowed Russia: A Rum -> Bul to succeed.

Finally, a reading of the official rules (http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf) (posted earlier in this thread), page 9 says that "A dislodged unit, even with support, has no effect on the province that dislodged it". There are also some example which cover this scenario almost exactly.

In my mind the rules are crystal clear and the abdication is totally without provocation. But there you go. For reasons best know to himself, Frog requested that Turkey go into civil disorder (basically all units will order to hold ad infinitum) but I think Bot control is a better option and will go for that.

bergil
05-06-2007, 01:22 PM
C'mon Frog please reconsider your decision and stick it out a few more years.

Basil
05-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Frog

I have considered your genuinely held belief that you are disagreeing on a principle. And good for you.

I have considered my various responses that might might hopefully go some way to entice you back to this 'petit jeu jolie'. There were quite a few, I must say. Some not so good and others I thought quite compelling.

However, after some considerable contemplation, my best foot forward for you to please reconsider is

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn
froggy - let's go!

Rincewind
05-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Or to quote Mrs Doyle from the Craggy Island Parochial House:

Go on.

Oh, go on!

Go on!

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!

frog
05-06-2007, 06:46 PM
hi All,

Enjoy your game without me - I have never played against Bots - I have never played on a late invitation and I came in to assist getting rid of Bots.

As the player of Turkey i can and wish to go into civil disorder and no-one should change that fact - Rince is keen on following the rules of Diplomacy when in fact they havent been followed from the start.

We could have had a 4 human player game with no issues of Bots - Bots know the subtleties of the rules and can work them out immediately - human players cant do that and when its all humans you take your chances and then you can have a literal interpretation of the rules.

Its similar to a last round pairing by Swiss Perfect giving a weird pairing - all technically correct in a computor world but DOP's override and make a better pairing.

Rince seems to act more like a player wanting to be active in the decision making of moves and this could have happened in an all human game with Rince whom I would love to play against in an all human game.

If you guys whenever want to play an all human game let me know.

By the way I really do appreciate the work Rince has done in getting this together but I feel his decision making in this experimental "lets see how it works" game has been difficult so no offence to Rince but an all human game is the way to go. Everyone starts at the same time and most folks will make mistakes with the rules at times but thats can be expected from ALL parties.

Anyway good on you Rince and let me know when / if you start an all human game.

Thanks for your efforts Rince!

Regards to ALL

frog
05-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi All,

If you guys come over to Adelaide for the Lidums Checkmate Open we can have a game of Dip starting at 9.00 pm on the Sunday after the tournament and going till the wee hours of the morning. Full Diplomacy played at my home.

Bring your favourite poison and be prepared to party on , while having enjoyable game of agreements and backstabbing - I promise NO BOTS.

We will probably all miswrite orders and make errors but good time had by all if afterwards you can remember it!!

Regards to ALL
Froggie

Rincewind
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Enjoy your game without me - I have never played against Bots - I have never played on a late invitation and I came in to assist getting rid of Bots.

As the player of Turkey i can and wish to go into civil disorder and no-one should change that fact - Rince is keen on following the rules of Diplomacy when in fact they havent been followed from the start.

I said from the start that bots would play the missing players. And players who go awol will be replaced by bots after 2 missed turns. The best option if you really wanted Turkey to get hammered would have been to enter moves of all units holding or just not tell me that you wanted out of the game and it would have taken two moves before the bot stepped ni. Snice you were upfront about wanting out, Then the maintain game on current balance the best option is for a bot to take over immediately.

The biggest scourge of correspondence diplomacy is players who just stop playing. Bots offer a way to deal with the problem, it may bot be perfect but it is better than the alternative.

We could have had a 4 human player game with no issues of Bots

Yes we could have but it is a bit late to lament about this. Since the natural number of players for the game is a prime number, it is never going to be easy to come up with balanced games with less players. In a zero press game, bots and humans are on an equal footing so balance is maintained. Had I allowed press between humans I think the advantage would have been too great.

Bots know the subtleties of the rules and can work them out immediately - human players cant do that

Yes bot's know the rules better than beginners but really they are not that smart and they have made a number of beginner level inaccuracies in the game played thus far. I've played them a bit and always found winning is not that hard once you have a handle on the tactical tricks of the game.

and when its all humans you take your chances and then you can have a literal interpretation of the rules.

There is nothing wrong with the rule interpretation. As I said it is in the rules (page 9) and two separate judge programs also made the same ruling it is clear and there is no other interpretation. If you believe otherwise make a case supported by the rule that you think would lead to a different interpretation.

Its similar to a last round pairing by Swiss Perfect giving a weird pairing - all technically correct in a computor world but DOP's override and make a better pairing.

If I override the rules, where does that leave Boris? Sorry but the rules are clear and sensible. There is absolutely no reason to override them.

Rince seems to act more like a player wanting to be active in the decision making of moves and this could have happened in an all human game with Rince whom I would love to play against in an all human game.

Well as long as we play by the rules. But I assure you I made no decision other than engaging the bot to control Turkey when you flagged your wish to play no further part in the game. As far as the ruling was concerned.The software made the ruling (two separate programs making the same ruling) and when you highlighted a possible problem I checked it against the rules. Everything was in order and I replied to you with the reason why the resolution of orders was performed correctly. So I decided that unless you could provide a reasoned argument as to why the rules were being misapplied then the order resolution as performed by the software would stand.

Seems to me that when things don't go your way you are libel to throw in the towel very quickly. I realise not everyone has the same level of tenacity but for games to be played in a good spirit we can't have players simply giving up as soon as a order resolution goes against them. Especially when it is clear that the order resolution is 100% correct.

Rincewind
06-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Results for Fall, 1905 (Movement)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A rum -> bud
- Dislodged from bul (2 against 1).

England:

England: F edi -> nth
England: F eng -> bel
- Bounced with bel (1 against 1).
England: F nth -> hol

France:

France: F bre Supports F spa/sc -> mao
France: A mar Supports A gas -> bur
France: A pic -> par
France: F spa/sc -> mao

Germany:

Germany: F bel Holds
Germany: A bur -> mun
Germany: F den Supports F bal
Germany: A gal -> bud
- Bounced with rum (1 against 1).
Germany: A mun -> ber

Italy:

Italy: A bud Supports A vie -> gal
- Support cut by Move from Rumania.
Italy: F gre Holds
Italy: F ion -> tun
Italy: A ser Supports F gre
Italy: A tri Holds
Italy: F tys Supports F ion -> tun
Italy: A vie -> gal
- Failed because Germany: A gal -> bud failed.

Russia:

Russia: A bul -> rum
Russia: F bot Supports F swe
Russia: F sev Supports A bul -> rum
Russia: A sil -> war

Turkey:

Turkey: F aeg -> bul/sc
Turkey: A alb -> tri
Turkey: F bla Supports F aeg -> bul
Turkey: F con Supports F aeg -> bul/sc
Turkey: F tun Holds
- Dislodged from ion (2 against 1).

Results for Fall, 1905 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A rum -> ukr

England:

Germany:

Italy:

Russia:

Turkey:

Turkey: F tun -> wes

Rincewind
06-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Boris and bergil, one build each.

Note that Austria Hungary will be forced to disband their last unit and are thus eliminated from the game.

Basil
06-06-2007, 02:16 AM
...Boris and bergil, one build each......
:owned: :D :clap: :whistle: :P :mrgreen: :!: :angel: :pray: ;)

Basil
06-06-2007, 02:24 AM
George, it is clear you disagree with the application of the rules - and you have argued an arguable case. The point is moot now, and I'm grateful you didn't take the opportunity to drag the issue (publicly) to its basest levels. Same and equal credit to Barry.

FWIW, I think you slightly missed the spirit of the whole thing. As an experienced player (you), in an inaugural BB game, I would have hoped that I would have surfed beyond the issue ... much like my exemplary behaviour on many occasions in correspondence games, for the greater good :uhoh:

Otherwise, look forward to your future participation (assuming the game can reach critical mass).

As for particpation at Liddums, if I were to be there, I'd probably pass your kind offer but instead bring my video cam and organise a rendition (Australian Chess style) of Amarillo! Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69DynFnzaU&mode=related&search=

Zwischenzug
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Woah, look at Italy go! Guys, I think the Roman Empire has been reborn! :rolleyes:

bergil
06-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Woah, look at Italy go! Guys, I think the Roman Empire has been reborn! :rolleyes:We'll just see about that, won't you Boris? ;)

Rincewind
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Woah, look at Italy go! Guys, I think the Roman Empire has been reborn! :rolleyes:

Lets see if they can conquer Gaul again. ;)

Rincewind
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Results for Winter, 1905 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria no longer controls any supply centers, and has been eliminated.
Austria: Removes A ukr

England:

Germany:

Germany: Removes A ber

Italy:

Italy: Builds F ven

Russia:

Turkey:

Turkey: Removes F con

Rincewind
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Deadline for Spring 1906 orders: midnight, 8 June.

Rincewind
09-06-2007, 12:12 AM
TCN has taken over the rei(g)ns of the French. Je ne regrette rien.

Rincewind
09-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Results for Spring, 1906 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F eng Supports F nth -> bel
England: F hol Supports F nth -> bel

France:

France: A mar -> pie
France: F mao -> spa/sc
France: A par Supports A bur

Germany:

- Dislodged from bot (2 against 1).
Germany: F bel -> eng
- Dislodged from nth (3 against 1).
Germany: F den -> kie
-Bounced with mun (1 against 1).
Germany: A gal -> rum
- Bounced with rum (1 against 2).
Germany: A mun -> kie
- Bounced with den (1 against 1).

Italy:

Italy: A bud -> ser
Italy: F gre Supports A ser -> bul
Italy: A rom -> nap
Italy: A ser -> bul
Italy: A tri -> alb
- Bounced with alb (1 against 1).
Italy: F tun -> wes
Italy: F tys -> lyo
Italy: F ven -> tri
- Failed because Italy: A tri -> alb failed.

Russia:

Russia: F bot -> bal
Russia: A mos -> ukr
Russia: F sev Supports A rum
Russia: F swe Supports F bot -> bal

Turkey:

Turkey: A alb Supports F bul/sc -> gre
- Support cut by Move from Trieste.
Turkey: F bla -> bul/ec
- Bounced with ser (1 against 1).
Turkey: F bul/sc -> gre
- Bounced with gre (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from ser (2 against 1).
Turkey: F wes -> tys

Results for Spring, 1906 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Germany:

Germany: F bal -> ber
Germany: F bel -> pic

Turkey:

Turkey: F bul/sc -> con

Rincewind
09-06-2007, 12:17 AM
None of Germany's orders succeeded this spring! However two were destined to fail as it was a deliberate self bounce by Munich and Denmark to protect Kiel.

Deadline for Fall 1906 orders, midnight 10 June.

Rincewind
10-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Results for Fall, 1906 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bel Holds
England: F eng Supports F bel
England: F hol Supports F bel
England: F nth -> ska

France:

France: A pie -> tus
France: F spa/sc Holds

Germany:

Germany: F ber -> kie
Germany: F den Holds
- Dislodged from bal (2 against 1).
Germany: A gal -> rum
- Dislodged from ukr (2 against 1).
- Bounced with ber (1 against 1).
Germany: F pic -> bre

Italy:

Italy: A bud -> rum
Italy: A bul Supports A bud -> rum
- Support cut by Move from Constantinople.
Italy: F gre Supports A bul
Italy: F lyo -> tys
- Failed because Turkey: F tys -> rom failed.
Italy: A nap -> rom
Italy: A ser Supports A bul
Italy: A tri -> alb
- Bounced with alb (1 against 1).
Italy: F ven Holds
Italy: F wes -> spa/sc
- Bounced with spa (1 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: F bal -> den
Russia: F sev Supports A rum
- Support cut by Move from Black Sea.
Russia: F swe Supports F bal -> den
Russia: A ukr -> gal
Russia: A war Supports A ukr -> gal

Turkey:

Turkey: F bla -> sev
- Bounced with sev (1 against 1).
Turkey: F con -> bul/sc
- Bounced with bul (1 against 3).
Turkey: F tys -> rom
- Bounced with nap (1 against 1).

Results for Fall, 1906 (Retreat)

Order Results:

England:

Germany:

Germany: F den -> nth
Germany: A gal -> vie

Russia:

Turkey:

Rincewind
10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Winter adjustments as per above.
Bergil (England) +1
Boris (Russia) +1
Deadline midnight 11 June.

Basil
11-06-2007, 12:16 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/scene66/smilies/woohoodance.gif

Rincewind
11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Results for Winter, 1906 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

England:

England: Builds A edi

Germany:

Germany: Removes F pic

Russia:

Turkey:

Turkey: Removes F con

Rincewind
11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Deadline for Spring, 1907 orders: midnight 13 June.

Rincewind
11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Austria: 0 -3
England: 6 +3
France : 5 +2
Germany: 4 +1
Italy: 9 +6
Russia: 7 +3
Turkey: 3 0

Rincewind
13-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Deadline for Spring, 1907 orders: midnight 13 June.

TTT!!!

Basil
13-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Good work, Bruce Burgess

bergil
13-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Good work, Bruce BurgessThanks Bruce :P

Rincewind
14-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Results for Spring, 1907 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bel -> nth
England: A edi Holds
England: F eng -> lon
England: F hol Holds
- Dislodged from swe (2 against 1).

France:

No orders received.

France: A tus Holds

Germany:

Germany: F ber -> kie
Germany: F nth Holds
Germany: A vie -> tri

Italy:

A bud Holds
Italy: A bul -> con
Italy: F gre -> aeg
Italy: F lyo -> mar
- Bounced with mar (1 against 1).
- Failed because Italy: A bul -> con failed.
Italy: A tri Supports A bud
- Support cut by Move from Vienna.

Russia:

Russia: F den Supports F swe -> ska
Russia: A gal Holds
Russia: F sev -> arm
Russia: F swe -> ska
Russia: A war Supports A gal

Turkey:

Turkey: A alb -> ser
- Failed because Italy: A ser -> bul failed.
Turkey: F bla -> con
- Bounced with bul (1 against 1).

Rincewind
14-06-2007, 12:13 AM
One retreat required. England F ska. Options are run away to Norway or disband.

bergil
14-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Please move F ska -> nwy

Rincewind
14-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Results for Spring, 1907 (Retreat)

Order Results:

England:

England: F ska -> nwy

Rincewind
14-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Deadline for Fall 1906 orders: Midnight 16 June.

Trent Parker
15-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Sorry I haven't been on guys.

My mothers father passed away so i've been busy helping my mother out of a bad patch.

Not a great loss but it brought back things from when my brother died for her...

Rincewind
15-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry I haven't been on guys.

My mothers father passed away so i've been busy helping my mother out of a bad patch.

Not a great loss but it brought back things from when my brother died for her...

Condolences, mate. Sorry to have continued the game but we had no idea for the reason of your absence.

I realise the diplomacy game would have been the last thing on your mind but for future reference, if anyone needs an extension they should just contact me before the deadline and I'll post something here to let all players know.

Rincewind
15-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Results for Fall, 1907 (Movement)

General Notices:

Order Results:

England:

England: F bel Supports F hol
England: A edi -> yor
- Support cut by Move from Ruhr.
England: F nwy Supports A swe
England: A swe Supports F nwy
- Support cut by Move from Skagerrak.

France:

France: A mar Supports F spa/sc
- Support cut by Move from Gulf of Lyon.
France: A tus -> rom

Germany:

Germany: F kie Supports A ruh -> hol
Germany: F nth Supports A ruh -> hol
- Support cut by Move from London.
Germany: A ruh -> hol
- Bounced with hol (2 against 2).
Germany: A vie -> tri

Italy:

Italy: F aeg -> con
Italy: A bud Holds
Italy: A bul Supports F aeg -> con
Italy: A ser Supports A bud
- Support cut by Move from Albania.

Russia:

Russia: F arm -> bla
Russia: F den Supports F ska -> swe
Russia: A gal Supports A rum
Russia: A sev Supports A rum
Russia: F ska -> swe
- Bounced with swe (2 against 2).
Russia: A war Supports A gal

Turkey:

Turkey: A alb -> ser
- Bounced with ser (1 against 1).
Turkey: F bla -> ank

Rincewind
15-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Winter 1907 adjustments due ASAP.
Amongst the humans:
England has one unit to build.
Russia has one unit to disband.
For the bots:
ITA+1,TUR-1.

bergil
17-06-2007, 12:26 AM
What's happening? :hmm:

I'll have a fleet in Edinburgh thanks.

Rincewind
17-06-2007, 11:26 AM
What's happening? :hmm:

I'll have a fleet in Edinburgh thanks.

Boris is absent. Without him I would need to randomly remove one of his units. As we processed the moves ahead of schedule I guess he could have reasonably expected that his input might not be required until today.

I say we wait until midnight tonight and if still no word, we do a random disbandment. What do bergil and TCN think about this as a plan?

Players who are going to be off line for several days it would be good to post something in this thread so that we can schedule turn deadlines accordingly.

bergil
17-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok fair enough

Rincewind
17-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Results for Winter, 1907 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

England:

England: Builds F edi

Italy:

Russia:

Russia: Removes F ska

Turkey:

Turkey: Removes F tys

Rincewind
17-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Deadline for Spring 1908 Movement orders: midnight 19 June.

Rincewind
17-06-2007, 02:54 PM
England: 7 +4
Germany: 4 +1
Italy: 10 +7
Russia: 6 +2
Turkey: 2 -1

Rincewind
19-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Please note...

Deadline for Spring 1908 Movement orders: midnight 19 June.

bergil
19-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Deadline for Spring 1908 Movement orders: midnight 19 June.Any luck with Boris or TCN? :pray:

Rincewind
19-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Results for Spring, 1908 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F edi Supports F lon -> nth
- Support cut by Move from Ruhr.
England: F nwy -> ska
England: A swe Holds
England: A yor -> lon

France:

France: A tus -> rom
- Bounced with rom (1 against 1).

Germany:

Germany: F kie Supports A ruh -> hol
Germany: F nth Supports A ruh -> hol
- Support cut by Move from London.
- Dislodged from lon (2 against 1).
Germany: A ruh -> hol
- Bounced with hol (2 against 2).
Germany: A vie -> bud

Italy:

Italy: A bud Supports A bul -> rum
Italy: A bul -> rum
- Bounced with rum (2 against 2).
Italy: F con Holds
Italy: F lyo Supports F wes -> spa/sc
Italy: A nap -> apu
Italy: A ser Supports A bul -> rum
- Bounced with spa (2 against 2).

Russia:

Russia: F den Holds
Russia: A sev -> arm
Russia: A war -> sil

Turkey:

Results for Spring, 1908 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Germany:

Germany: F nth -> nwy

Rincewind
19-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Fall 1908 movement orders deadline: midnight 21 June

Rincewind
21-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Results for Fall, 1908 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F edi -> nwg
England: A lon -> nwy
- Convoy path taken: lon -> nth -> nwy.
England: F nth Convoys A lon -> nwy
England: F ska Supports A lon -> nwy
England: A swe Supports A lon -> nwy

France:

France: A tus -> pie

Germany:

Germany: F kie -> ber
Germany: F nwy Holds
- Dislodged from lon (3 against 1).
Germany: A ruh -> mun
- Bounced with sil (1 against 1).
Germany: A vie -> bud

Italy:

Italy: A apu -> nap
Italy: A bud Supports A bul -> rum
- Bounced with rum (2 against 2).
Italy: F con -> smy
Italy: F lyo -> spa/sc
Italy: A ser Supports A bul -> rum
Italy: F wes Supports F lyo -> spa/sc

Russia:

Russia: A arm -> ank
Russia: F bla Supports A arm -> ank
Russia: A gal Supports A rum
Russia: A sil -> mun

Turkey:

- Dislodged from arm (2 against 1).

Results for Fall, 1908 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Germany:

Germany: F nwy -> stp/nc

Turkey:

Turkey: F ank -> con

Results for Winter, 1908 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

Germany:

Germany: Builds A mun

Turkey:

Turkey: Removes A alb

Rincewind
21-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Spring 1909 orders deadline: midnight 23 June.

Desmond
21-06-2007, 11:22 PM
what the... you can go from nor -> stp? :doh:

I wonder if bergil should have done that ages ago...

I guess now I am completely screwed.

Rincewind
21-06-2007, 11:33 PM
what the... you can go from nor -> stp? :doh:

I wonder if bergil should have done that ages ago...

I guess now I am completely screwed.

Yup on the move. Screwed is a matter of opinion. Given that Germany has a fleet on the north coast, it can't actually go any further. In Diplomacy games, Russia often gives up St Petersburg temporarily to a fleet knowing that it is no security risk for the rest of his SCs.

Desmond
22-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Yikes, you're right. I assumed it was an army. I'm such a noob.

bergil
22-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Yikes, you're right. I assumed it was an army. I'm such a noob.I'm not hearing anyone contradicting you? :P

BTW - Do you mind if I visit Denmark?

My orders are in.

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Results for Spring, 1909 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F nth Supports A swe -> den
England: F nwg -> bar
England: F ska Supports A swe -> den
England: A swe -> den

France:

France: A par -> bur
France: A pie -> tyr
- Bounced with vie (1 against 1).

Germany:

Germany: F ber Holds
Germany: A ruh -> kie
Germany: F stp/nc -> nwy
Germany: A vie -> tyr
- Bounced with pie (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from bud (2 against 1).

Italy:

Italy: A bud -> vie
Italy: A bul -> con
Italy: A nap Holds
Italy: A rom -> tus
Italy: F smy Supports A bul -> con
Italy: A tri Supports A bud -> vie

Russia:

No orders received, all units hold.

Russia: A ank Holds
- Dislodged from swe (3 against 1).
Russia: A sil Holds

Turkey:

Turkey: F con Holds

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Three retreats required to complete the Spring 1909 phase.

Germany: A vie (options boh or disband)
Russia: F den (options hel, bal or disband)
Turkey: F con (options aeg or disband)

Boris, please send orders asap.

Garvinator
24-06-2007, 11:23 AM
What happened to the war correspondent?

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 11:45 AM
What happened to the war correspondent?

Are you applying for the job, Garv?

Desmond
24-06-2007, 04:22 PM
F den disbands

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Results for Spring, 1909 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Germany:

Germany: A vie -> boh

Russia:

Russia: F den Disbands

Turkey:

Turkey: F con -> aeg

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Fall 1909 order deadline: midnight 26 June.

Garvinator
24-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Are you applying for the job, Garv?
Nope, since I know very little about the game, it would be inappropriate for me to be the war correspondent.

From what I can see, it looks like Italy is romping away with it at the moment.

Basil
24-06-2007, 05:20 PM
From what I can see, it looks like Italy is romping away with it at the moment.
Don't be silly man! Italy has never romped away with anything, ever! And its not about to start now - especially with Wing Commander and Vice Admiral Bergil of England on the job.

(apologies to all my Italian colleagues)

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Nope, since I know very little about the game, it would be inappropriate for me to be the war correspondent.

The role of war correspondent doesn't require any special knowledge of the rules. Just report on the moves of the game in a historical context.

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Don't be silly man! Italy has never romped away with anything, ever! And its not about to start now - especially with Wing Commander and Vice Admiral Bergil of England on the job.

(apologies to all my Italian colleagues)

Hah! The English would be sitting in bronze age huts wearing fur skins and attacking each other with wooden clubs if it wasn't for Julius.

Basil
24-06-2007, 09:36 PM
...if it wasn't for Julius.
... if it weren't for Julius. Please Barry. Poor Grammar or the Italians ... but not both! It's simply more than I can bear ;)

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 09:52 PM
... if it weren't for Julius. Please Barry. Poor Grammar or the Italians ... but not both! It's simply more than I can bear ;)

Typical Englishman. Clinging on to outmoded grammatical rules. I wonder, do you still like to sing Rule Britannia? :hmm: :)

Basil
24-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Typical Englishman. Clinging on to outmoded grammatical rules. I wonder, do you still like to sing Rule Britannia? :hmm: :)
Every day!
BTW, its not 'outmoded', but it will be when sufficient of those of you who were never taught properly deem its use 'optional' - the last bastion of the lowest common denominator and the great unwashed. I really don't care for this country and its people.

Rincewind
24-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Every day!
BTW, its not 'outmoded', but it will be when sufficient of those of you who were never taught properly deem its use 'optional' - the last bastion of the lowest common denominator and the great unwashed. I really don't care for this country and its people.

Well if it weren't for people like me, there wouldn't be people like you! And I still claim 'wasn't' was correct in my original post. ;)

bergil
25-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Results for Spring, 1909 (Movement)

Russia:

No orders received, all units hold.
Why? There are a few Italian SC available. :wall:

My orders are in

Rincewind
25-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Why? There are a few Italian SC available. :wall:

My orders are in

Yes, the Balkans seems to be a little overstretched right now. Hopefully Russia will pirate some of these in Fall.

Perhaps all units holding in Spring was just to lull Italy into a false sense of security. :hmm:

Rincewind
25-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Fall 1909 order deadline: midnight 26 June.

<subtle hint>Two sets of orders received already!!! One more needed to process orders early.</subtle hint>

Trent Parker
25-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Process away!

Rincewind
25-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Results for Fall, 1909 (Movement)

General Notices:

All dislodged units destroyed; advancing to next phase.

Order Results:

England:

England: A den Holds
England: F nth -> hel
England: A nwy Supports F bar -> stp/nc
England: F ska Supports A den

France:

France: A pie -> tyr

Germany:

The Fleet in St. Petersburg cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Germany: F ber Supports A kie
- Support cut by Move from Silesia.
Germany: A boh -> mun
Germany: A kie Holds
Germany: A ruh Supports A kie
Germany: F stp/nc -> nwy
- Dislodged from bar (2 against 1).

Italy:

Italy: A bul Supports A con
- Support cut by Move from Black Sea.
Italy: A con Supports A bul
Italy: F smy Supports A con
- Support cut by Move from Aegean Sea.
Italy: A tri -> ser
Italy: A tus -> pie
Italy: A vie Holds
Italy: F wes Supports F lyo -> spa/sc

Russia:

Russia: A ank Holds
Russia: F bla -> bul/ec
- Bounced with bul (1 against 2).
Russia: A gal Supports A rum -> bud
Russia: A sil -> ber

Turkey:

Turkey: F aeg -> smy
- Bounced with smy (1 against 1).

Rincewind
25-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Winter 1909.

England may build 2 units
Germany must remove 1 unit
Italy may build 1 unit
Russia may build 1 unit
Turkey must remove 1 unit - bot eliminated

Orders for 1909 Winter Adjustments deadline: midnight 26 June

bergil
26-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Boris build something!

Desmond
26-06-2007, 08:35 PM
How about a fort with my lounge's cushions?

bergil
26-06-2007, 08:37 PM
How about a fort with my lounge's cushions?Why should you not be comfortable while I dominate Europe. :owned:

Desmond
26-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Meh, you haven't even wiped out France yet. What kind of engerlishman are ya?

bergil
26-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Meh, you haven't even wiped out France yet. What kind of engerlishman are ya?I have a cunning plan! :whistle:

Rincewind
26-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Results for Winter, 1909 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

England:

England: Builds A lvp

Germany:

Germany: Removes F ber

Italy:

Italy: Builds A nap

Russia:

Turkey:

Turkey no longer controls any supply centers, and has been eliminated.

Turkey: Removes F aeg

Rincewind
26-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Deadline for Spring 1910 movement orders: midnight 28 June.

Rincewind
26-06-2007, 10:44 PM
England: 9 +6
Germany: 3 0
Italy: 11 +8
Turkey: 0 -3

Rincewind
28-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Deadline for Spring 1910 movement orders: midnight 28 June.

Orders close in 5 hours, 45 minutes.

bergil
29-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Orders close in 5 hours, 45 minutes.http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/get_on_with_it.wav

Rincewind
29-06-2007, 05:02 PM
http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/get_on_with_it.wav

Yeah, yeah. I was kinda busy last night and then today was my last day at work in that job after almost 12 years of continuous employment. I'll process soon.

Rincewind
29-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Results for Spring, 1910 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: A den -> kie
England: F hel Supports A den -> kie
England: F hol Supports A den -> kie
England: A lvp -> wal
England: F lon -> eng
England: F ska -> den
England: F stp/nc Holds

France:

No orders received for any units. Hold order assigned.

France: F mao Holds
- Dislodged from wes (2 against 1).
France: A tyr Holds

Germany:

Germany: A kie -> ber
- Failed.
Germany: A ruh Supports A mun -> kie

Italy:

Italy: A con -> ank
- Bounced with ank (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from ank (2 against 1).
Italy: A pie -> mar
Italy: A rom -> ven
Italy: A ser Supports A vie -> bud
Italy: F smy Holds
Italy: F ven -> tri
- Bounced with bud (2 against 2).

Russia:

Russia: A ank -> con
Russia: F bla Supports A ank -> con
Russia: A bud Holds
Russia: A gal Supports A bud
- Bounced with stp (1 against 1).
Russia: A sil -> war

Rincewind
29-06-2007, 05:29 PM
France needs to order retreat from Spain/sc
Options are Portugal or disband.
Please send me order ASAP.

Rincewind
29-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Results for Spring, 1910 (Retreat)

Order Results:

France:

France: F spa/sc -> por

Italy:

Italy: A con -> bul

Rincewind
29-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Fall 1910 orders due: midnight 30 June.

Rincewind
01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Fall 1910 orders due: midnight 30 June.

In keeping with a 2 day turn around this should have been midnight 1 July.

Please get orders in before midnight tonight.

Rincewind
01-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Results for Fall, 1910 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F den -> bal
England: F eng Convoys A wal -> bre
England: F hel Supports A kie
England: F hol Supports A kie
England: A kie Holds
England: A swe -> den
England: A wal -> bre
- Convoy path taken: wal -> eng -> bre.

France:

France: A bur Supports A mar
France: A mar Supports F por -> spa/sc
- Support cut by Move from Gulf of Lyon.
France: F mao Supports F por -> spa/sc
France: F por -> spa/sc
France: A tyr Holds

Germany:

- Bounced with kie (2 against 3).
Germany: A mun Supports A ber -> kie
Germany: A ruh Supports A mun

Italy:

Italy: A apu Holds
- Bounced with mar (2 against 2).
Italy: A pie Supports F lyo -> mar
Italy: A rum -> bud
Italy: A ser Supports A rum -> bud
Italy: F smy -> con
- Bounced with con (1 against 2).
Italy: F spa/sc Supports F lyo -> mar
- Support cut by Move from Portugal.
- Dislodged from por (2 against 1).
Italy: F tri Holds
Italy: A ven Supports A pie
Italy: A vie Supports A rum -> bud

Russia:

The Army in Budapest cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Russia: F bla Supports A con
Russia: A bud -> rum
- Dislodged from rum (3 against 1).
Russia: A con Holds
Russia: A gal Supports A bud -> rum
- Bounced with stp (1 against 1).
Russia: A war -> lvn

Results for Fall, 1910 (Retreat)

Order Results:

England:

France:

Germany:

Italy:

Italy: F spa/sc -> wes

Rincewind
01-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Deadline for Winter 1910 adjustment orders: ASAP

bergil: may build 2
TCN: must remove 1
Boris: lost one SC and one unit was destroyed so no orders required

Desmond
01-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Are you able to explain why my movement from bud -> rum failed please? I don't quite understand.

Basil
01-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Bergil STOP We are pleased with your progress STOP (http://youtube.com/watch?v=THYgeETrkPs)

Rincewind
01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Are you able to explain why my movement from bud -> rum failed please? I don't quite understand.

Russia Ordered:

Russia: A bud -> rum
Russia: A gal Supports A bud -> rum

Italy Ordered:

Italy: A ser Supports A rum -> bud
Italy: A vie Supports A rum -> bud

So the Italian order was supported twice, while the Russian order was supported only once. Hence Italy won the day and dislodged the Russian army in bud.

Hope this explains it sufficiently. If not please ask a more specific question.

regards, Barry

bergil
01-07-2007, 09:44 PM
England: build A London
England: build A Edinburgh

Trent Parker
01-07-2007, 11:39 PM
TCN Resigns as General of the French troops as being attacked on two fronts will quickly collapse the french empire.

Rincewind
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
TCN Resigns as General of the French troops as being attacked on two fronts will quickly collapse the french empire.

What?

You can't just resign when someone invades one of your home SC. This isn't a two player game and things aren't even resignable yet, even if it was.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your decision. If I don;t hear anything by tonight I will assign a bot to control the French forces (again).

bergil
02-07-2007, 09:22 AM
What?

You can't just resign when someone invades one of your home SC. This isn't a two player game and things aren't even resignable yet, even if it was.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your decision. If I don;t hear anything by tonight I will assign a bot to control the French forces (again).Bloody French should know by now to expect this! Just bot France now so we can finish it and start another.

Basil
02-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Trent, you're meant to represent the French - not channel them! :lol: Stop being 'le weak drip' and take your crushing like man! :)

frog
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi All,

Glad to see England is at last building armies because it wont win without armies on the continent.

Regards

bergil
02-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

Glad to see England is at last building armies because it wont win without armies on the continent.

RegardsYes I was aware of that but as I couldn't get a beachhead on the continent I first needed to control the seas.

With Russia wanting St Petersburg back and Spain and Portugal up for grabs my fleets will still be needed.

I'll have to send an army to Norway and another to the continent wipe out Germany and then start my Barbarossa campaign or I could leave my fleet in St Petersburg and take on the Italians.
:hmm:

Basil
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes I was aware of that ...
Less chat and more action please.

bergil
02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Less chat and more action please.That sir is not my doing. I am always in early with my orders. :hand:

But I agree with you and so does this lot.
http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/get_on_with_it.wav

Rincewind
03-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Results for Winter, 1910 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

England:

England: Builds A lon

France:

France: Removes A tyr

Germany:

Germany: Removes A ruh

Italy:

Rincewind
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Spring 1911 Movement Deadline: midnight 5 July.

Although now we are back to two players maybe we can power along quicker than that.

Rincewind
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Results for Spring, 1911 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bal -> lvn
England: F bel -> nth
England: A bre -> par
England: A den -> kie
England: F eng Convoys A lon -> pic
England: F hel Supports A den -> kie
England: F hol Supports A den -> kie
England: A kie -> ruh
England: A lon -> pic
- Convoy path taken: lon -> eng -> pic.
- Dislodged from lvn (2 against 1).

France:

France: A bur -> par
France: F mao Supports A mar -> gas
France: F spa/sc -> mar
- Bounced with pie (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from wes (2 against 1).

Germany:

Germany: A ber Holds
Germany: A mun Supports A ber

Italy:

Italy: A apu -> ven
Italy: A bud Supports A vie -> gal
Italy: F nap -> tys
Italy: A rum -> sev
Italy: A ser -> rum
- Bounced with con (1 against 1).
Italy: F tri -> adr
Italy: A vie -> gal

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A gal -> rum
Russia: A con Holds
Russia: A gal -> rum
Russia: A lvn -> stp
Russia: A mos Supports A lvn -> stp

Rincewind
03-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Retreats:

England: F StP/nc
Options are BAR, Nor or disbands

France: F Spa/sc
Options are Por or disbands

bergil, please send the order the retreat asap.

bergil
04-07-2007, 10:16 AM
England: retreat F stp -> bar

Desmond
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah, you better run.

Rincewind
04-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Results for Spring, 1911 (Retreat)

Order Results:

England:

England: F stp/nc -> bar

France:

France: F spa/sc -> por

Rincewind
04-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Fall 1911 deadline: midnight 6 July

frog
04-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi All,

Looks like the English and Italians will soon be squabbling over a German carcass.

Regards to ALL

Rincewind
05-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Results for Fall, 1911 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

The Army in Brest cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

- Bounced with stp (2 against 2).
England: A bre Supports A pic -> par
- Support cut by Move from Mid-Atlantic Ocean.
- Dislodged from mao (2 against 1).
England: F eng -> mao
England: F hol -> bel
England: F lvn Supports F bar -> stp
England: F nth Convoys A yor -> nwy
England: A pic -> par
England: A ruh -> bur
- Failed because France: A bur -> par failed.
England: A yor -> nwy
- Convoy path taken: yor -> nth -> nwy.

France:

France: A bur -> par
France: A gas Supports F mao -> bre
France: F por -> spa/sc

Germany:

- Bounced with kie (1 against 2).
- Support cut by Move from Tyrolia.

Italy:

Italy: F adr -> ion
Italy: A bud Supports A ser -> rum
Italy: A gal -> war
Italy: F lyo Supports A pie -> mar
Italy: A sev Holds
- Dislodged from rum (2 against 1).
Italy: F smy Holds
Italy: F spa/sc Supports A pie -> mar
- Support cut by Move from Portugal.
Italy: A tyr -> mun
Italy: F tys -> wes
Italy: A ven -> pie

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A rum -> sev
Russia: A con -> bul
Russia: A mos Supports A stp
Russia: A rum -> sev
Russia: A stp Holds

Results for Fall, 1911 (Retreat)

Order Results:

England:

France:

Italy:

Italy: A sev -> ukr

Russia:

Rincewind
05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
England must disband one unit.

Russia could build one if there was an unoccupied home supply centre. Unfortunately, this build must be waived until next year.

bergil, please send the remove order asap.

bergil
05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Remove Fleet bar

Basil
05-07-2007, 02:47 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/scene66/smilies/wtfmore.gif

Let me know if you need reinforcements, Sir Bergil.
God Save The King

bergil
05-07-2007, 03:59 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/scene66/smilies/wtfmore.gif

Let me know if you need reinforcements, Sir Bergil.
God Save The KingWho knew France could be so spitful. :doh: Anyway I'm planning to repay those buggers by taking Paris and Brest by the end of the year. :owned:

Oh and maybe Berlin as well. :whistle:

Rincewind
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Results for Winter, 1911 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

England:

England: Removes F bar

France:

France: Removes F por

Italy:

Italy: Builds F ven

Rincewind
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Deadline for Spring 1912: midnight 7 July

Rincewind
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
England: 9 +6
France : 3 0
Germany: 2 -1
Italy: 14 +11

frog
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi All,

Italy is going very well - an annoying russian army down south but russia has its homeland under attack. Surprising how quickly France has died in the last couple of years but when you have an italian monster thats what happens i guess.

Im heading off to Europe next weekend for about 6 weeks so I wont be able to take part in any new Dip game but will post here specifically about that when I get back.

Cheers

Rincewind
06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Italy is going very well - an annoying russian army down south but russia has its homeland under attack. Surprising how quickly France has died in the last couple of years but when you have an italian monster thats what happens i guess.

The Army in Bulgaria is slightly annoying. More annoying was the Italian bot not playing F Smy -> Con last Fall. It would have earned the italians another supply centre. Still this year that is still playable and I doubt even a bot would overlook it. This spring a human italian would order something like

A Bub -> Ser
A Nap -> Gre
F Ion C A Nap -> Gre
F Smy -> Con

which will contain the Bulgarian army should soon lead to its future dislodgement.

It will be interesting to see if the bot does this as humans can see this sort of thing quickly I suspect it is not so easy to program into a bot.

France was I think holding its own on the Eastern front. However when England opened the Northern front it became a little too much to bear.

At this stage Italian should go for a SC grabbing spree and try to get to the magic 18 this year if possible. Slow and steady will give England a chance to catch up.

Im heading off to Europe next weekend for about 6 weeks so I wont be able to take part in any new Dip game but will post here specifically about that when I get back.

Have fun and hopefully we will be in a position to play game two by then.

Desmond
07-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Can I ask why 18 is a magic number? Is this the maximum number of units allowed?

Rincewind
07-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Can I ask why 18 is a magic number? Is this the maximum number of units allowed?

There are 34 Supply Centres in total. Eighteen is just the smallest number which is greater than 50%.

Rincewind
07-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Results for Spring, 1912 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bel Supports F nth -> eng
England: F lvn -> bal
England: F mao Holds
England: F nth -> eng
England: A pic Supports A ruh -> bur
England: A ruh -> bur

France:

France: A gas Supports A bur -> mar

Germany:

- Bounced with kie (2 against 2).

Italy:

The Army in Marseilles cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Italy: A bud -> ser
Italy: F ion -> aeg
Italy: A mar -> bur
- Dislodged from bur (2 against 1).
- Failed.
Italy: A rum Supports A ukr -> sev
Italy: F spa/sc -> por
Italy: A tyr Holds
Italy: A ukr -> sev
Italy: F ven -> adr
Italy: A war -> mos
Italy: F wes -> mao
- Bounced with mao (1 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A bul -> rum
Russia: A bul -> rum
Russia: A mos Supports A stp
- Support cut by Move from Warsaw.
Russia: A sev Supports A mos
- Support cut by Move from Ukraine.

Results for Spring, 1912 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Italy:

Rincewind
07-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Deadline for Fall 1912 orders: midnight 9 July.

Rincewind
09-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Results for Fall, 1912 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bal Supports A kie -> ber
England: F bel -> hol
England: A bur -> par
England: F eng Supports F mao -> bre
England: F hel -> kie
England: A kie -> ber
England: F mao -> bre
England: A pic Supports A bur -> par

France:

The Fleet in Brest cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

France: F bre Supports A gas
- Support cut by Move from Mid-Atlantic Ocean.
- Dislodged from mao (2 against 1).
France: A gas Supports A mar
France: A mar Supports A gas
- Support cut by Move from Piedmont.

Germany:

- Bounced with hel (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from kie (2 against 1).
- Support cut by Move from Tyrolia.

Italy:

Italy: F adr -> ion
Italy: F aeg -> bul/sc
Italy: A bud -> rum
- Bounced with rum (2 against 3).
Italy: F con Supports F aeg -> bul/sc
- Bounced with mar (2 against 2).
Italy: F por Supports F spa/sc
Italy: A rom -> ven
Italy: A ser Supports A bud -> rum
Italy: F spa/sc Supports A pie -> mar
Italy: A ukr -> mos
- Bounced with mos (2 against 2).
Italy: A war Supports A ukr -> mos
Italy: F wes -> mao

Russia:

Russia: A mos Holds
Russia: A sev Supports A rum
Russia: A stp Supports A mos

Results for Fall, 1912 (Retreat)

Order Results:

England:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 3.

France:

Germany:

Germany: A ber -> sil

Italy:

Rincewind
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Winter 1912 Adjustment deadline: ASAP.

bergil... Three units may be built.

bergil
10-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Please Build

England: A London
England: A Edinburgh
England: A Liverpool

Rincewind
10-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Results for Winter, 1912 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

England:

England: Builds A lvp
England: Builds A lon

France:

France: Removes A gas

Germany:

Germany: Removes A sil

Italy:

Italy: Builds F rom

Rincewind
10-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Spring 1913 deadline: midnight 12 July

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Results for Spring, 1913 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bal -> ber
- Failed because England: A ber -> sil failed.
England: A ber -> sil
- Bounced with war (1 against 1).
England: F bre Supports A par -> gas
England: F eng Convoys A lon -> bel
England: F hol -> nth
England: F kie Holds
England: A lvp -> wal
England: A lon -> bel
- Convoy path taken: lon -> eng -> bel.
England: A par -> gas
England: A pic -> bur

France:

The Army in Marseilles cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

- Bounced with par (1 against 2)
- Dislodged from spa (2 against 1).

Germany:

Germany: A mun Holds

Italy:

Italy: A bud Supports A ukr -> rum
Italy: F bul/sc -> con
- Failed because Italy: F con -> bla failed.
Italy: F con -> bla
Italy: F mao -> spa/sc
Italy: A pie Supports F spa/sc -> mar
Italy: F por -> mao
Italy: F rom -> tys
Italy: A ser Supports A ukr -> rum
Italy: F spa/sc -> mar
Italy: A ukr -> rum
Italy: A war -> sil

Russia:

No orders received all units hold.

Russia: A mos Holds
- Dislodged from ukr (3 against 1).
Russia: A sev Holds

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 09:08 AM
One retreat needed for Russia: A rum
Options are gal or disband

Desmond
13-07-2007, 10:30 AM
A rum -> gal

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Results for Spring, 1913 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Russia:

Russia: A rum -> gal

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Deadline for Fall 1913 movement orders : midnight 15 July

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 05:21 PM
One set of orders received.

bergil
13-07-2007, 05:23 PM
One set of orders received.Did Daddy put in orders last time?

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Nope...

Results for Spring, 1913 (Movement)

Russia:

No orders received all units hold.

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Results for Fall, 1913 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bal -> ber
- Failed because England: A ber -> sil failed.
England: A bel -> ruh
England: A ber -> sil
- Bounced with war (1 against 1).
England: F bre Holds
England: A bur -> mar
- Bounced with mar (1 against 2).
England: F eng Convoys A wal -> pic
England: A gas -> spa
England: F kie Holds
England: F nth Convoys A yor -> bel
England: A wal -> pic
- Convoy path taken: wal -> eng -> pic.
England: A yor -> bel
- Convoy path taken: yor -> nth -> bel.

France:

Germany:

Italy:

- Failed because Italy: F con -> ank failed.
Italy: F con -> ank
Italy: F ion Holds
Italy: F mar Holds
Italy: F mao -> bre
Italy: A pie Supports F mar
Italy: A rum -> sev
- Failed because Italy: A rum -> sev failed.
Italy: F spa/sc Supports F mar
- Support cut by Move from Gascony.
Italy: A tri -> vie
Italy: F tys -> lyo
Italy: A war -> sil
- Dislodged from gal (2 against 1).

Russia:

Russia: F bla -> ank
Russia: A gal -> war
Russia: A mos Supports A gal -> war
Russia: A stp -> nwy

Results for Fall, 1913 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Italy:

Italy: A war -> pru

Results for Winter, 1913 (Adjustment)

Order Results:

France:

France no longer controls any supply centers, and has been eliminated.

Italy:

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Deadline for Spring, 1914 movement orders: midnight 15, July

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 08:58 PM
England: 12 +9
France : 0 -3
Germany: 1 -2
Italy: 16 +13
Russia: 5 +1

N.B. Italy 2 SCs from soloing!

Rincewind
13-07-2007, 09:31 PM
I have one set of orders...

Rincewind
14-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Results for Spring, 1914 (Movement)

Order Results:

England:

England: F bal Holds
England: A bel -> ruh
England: A ber Supports A ruh -> mun
- Support cut by Move from Prussia.
England: F bre -> mao
England: A bur Supports A ruh -> mun
England: F eng Supports F bre -> mao
- Bounced with lyo (1 against 1).
England: F kie -> hel
England: F nth -> lon
England: A pic -> bre
England: A ruh -> mun

Germany:

- Dislodged from ruh (2 against 1).

Italy:

Italy: F aeg Convoys A nap -> bul
Italy: F bul/sc -> con
- Failed because Italy: F con -> ank failed.
Italy: F con -> ank
Italy: F ion Convoys A nap -> bul
Italy: F mar Holds
Italy: F mao -> eng
- Dislodged from bre (2 against 1).
Italy: A nap -> bul
- Failed because Italy: F bul/sc -> con failed.
- Convoy path taken: nap -> ion -> aeg -> bul.
Italy: A pie Supports F mar
Italy: A pru -> ber
Italy: A rum -> ukr
Italy: F spa/sc -> mao
Italy: A vie -> boh

Russia:

Russia: F bla -> ank
Russia: A stp -> fin

Results for Spring, 1914 (Retreat)

Order Results:

Germany:

Italy:

Italy: F mao -> nao

Rincewind
14-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Deadline for Fall, 1914 movement orders: midnight 15, July

bergil
14-07-2007, 02:58 PM
WTF Boris?

Desmond
14-07-2007, 03:38 PM
WTF Boris?
I believe the expression is: muahahahahahahaha

Rincewind
14-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Results for Fall, 1914 (Movement)

General Notices:

Game ends. Power Italy wins by controlling 19 supply centers; 18 supply centers are required to win.

Order Results:

England:

England: F bal -> swe
England: A ber Supports A mun -> kie
- Support cut by Move from Prussia.
England: A bre -> spa
- Convoy path taken: bre -> mao -> spa.
England: A bur -> mar
- Bounced with lyo (1 against 1).
England: F eng -> iri
England: F hel -> den
England: F lon -> wal
England: F mao Convoys A bre -> spa
England: A mun -> kie
- Bounced with kie (1 against 1).
- Dislodged from boh (2 against 1).
- Dislodged from stp (2 against 1).
England: A ruh -> hol

Germany:

Germany: A kie Holds

Italy:

- Failed because Italy: F con -> bla failed.
Italy: A boh -> mun
Italy: A bud Supports A rum
Italy: F con -> bla
- Failed because Italy: F mar -> spa/sc failed.
- Failed because Italy: F aeg -> con failed.
Italy: F mar -> spa/sc
Italy: F nao -> lvp
Italy: A pie Supports F lyo -> mar
Italy: A pru -> ber
Italy: A rum Holds
Italy: F spa/sc -> por
Italy: A tyr Supports A boh -> mun
Italy: A ukr -> war

Russia:

Russia: F bla Supports A sev
- Support cut by Move from Constantinople.
Russia: A fin Supports A stp -> nwy
Russia: A stp -> nwy
Russia: A war -> mos

Garvinator
14-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Is it possible to play the game till only one team remains.