PDA

View Full Version : SA Chess Results

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Oepty
11-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Alex Saint is doing an excellent job of updating the Saca Website (http://www.sachess.org). There are results of the SA Championship and Candidates, won by Zaric and Takos respectively. The results of the first two rounds of the interclub are also up and will be updated weekly. Chapman is playing board 1 for the Grasshopers team while Trevor Tao will playing board 1 occassionally for an Adelaide Uni Team. I believe he will be playing Zaric tonight.
I am on 1.5/2, an easy win, and a draw where I missed multiple opportunities to win in the opening, middlegame and endgame. Post the games if you really want to see them, nothing too interesting in them though.
Scott

Oepty
12-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Last night saw Trevor Tao beat Srbo Zaric, just, and Mark Chapman beat Alan Goldsmith. I managed to scrap a draw against Andrew Short after losing a pawn in the opening.

Oepty
24-05-2004, 03:51 PM
The Adelaide Cup was won by Srbo Zaric on 6.5/7 ahead of Justin Freytag on 5.5/7. Ther full results are on the SACA web page
Scott

Oepty
16-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Srbo Zaric and Justin Freytag shared first prize with 5.5/6 ahead of Phillip Lutley and David Hester on 4 points. 14 players

The interclub competition is continuing with one round to go next week. There are joint leaders with Adelaide Red and Adelaide University's Blackmar-Diemer both on 24. Adelaide University's other team, Winkleman-Riemer is in third place with 22.5. The results should be on the SA website in a few days.

I played board four for the Blackma-Diemer team last night at lost to Michael Peake. I am not on 2/5 after losing the previous game to William Wedding. At least my rating is going to back where it should be, Under 1400.

Scott

Oepty
23-06-2004, 06:17 PM
The SACA Interclub season concluded last night with the Adelaide Red team of Bob Cowley, Bill Kerr, David Hester and Adam Takos winning by half a point. This victory was clinched with a 3-1 win over the Adelaide University team Winkleman-Riemer. This win included Bob Cowley's first ever win over Trevor Tao. The other Adelaide Uni team, Blackmar-Diemer that went to the final round tied with Adelaide Red could only manage 2.5 points against the bottom placed West Torrens team. The A grade best performed prize was jointly won by Bill Kerr and David Hester who both scored 8/9. The B grade competition was equally tight with the Chess Kids team winning by 1/2 point.

This was a excellent competition and seems to becoming, along with the University Open, one the best competitions in SA.

The next tournaments in SA are the University Open, the SA Junior Championships and the City of Adelaide, all in July.

Scott

Oepty
20-07-2004, 02:37 PM
The Sa Juniors were played last Thursay and Friday and the following titles where awarded

Under 18 - Tristan Stevens
Under 16 - Anthony Khoo
Under 15 - Surabhi Heitman
Under 14 - Syam Heitman and Shane Selvanderan
Under 13 - Christopher Hender
Under 12 - Sophie Eustace

James Obst did not take part, but most of the other top juniors did play.

The City of Adelaide has started with the top seeds being Srbo Zaric, Bob Cowley and Bill Kerr.

Scott

Oepty
02-09-2004, 03:03 PM
The City of Adelaide finished last Tuesday night with Zaric continuing his in his winning ways by taking 1st on 6/7. 2nd seed Bob Cowley, 3rd seed Bill Kerr and junior Prakash Thiyagarajah finished equal 3rd on 5.5/6. This was probably Prakash's best tournament with a win over Cowley and draw with Zaric. His only loss was to Bill Kerr.
Full standings and crosstable at www.sachess.org

The Penant competitions started on Tuesday night with the Adelaide red team of Cowley, Kerr, David Hester and Adam Takos, and the Madison's team of Zaric, Alex Sykes (returning after a bit of a break), Peter Ballard and Aviars Lidums (of chess sponsorship fame) being the favourites.

Scott

AES
03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Just a reminder that all SACA results/event details have been updated.
Sorry for delays in the last month.

The SA Blitz Chess Championship was held last night with a great turnout of 22 players. Goran Srdic excelled (9.5/11) to become the 2004 SA Blitz Champion. He was closely followed by Amir Amini, Bob Cowley and Scott Colliver on 8/11. Scott was also the best under 1600.

The story of the tournament was Scott Colliver, who with a rapid rating of 1441 suprised many to come =2nd in one of the strongest fields ever for this tournament! Scott led for most of the tournament and defeated many strong players including Lidums, Peake and Amini and drew to Ivkovic and CCIM Srbo Zaric. A great tale of the Aussie Battler!

Full report on www.sachess.org under results.

Oepty
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Three relatively recent results from SA
Results for adult tournaments taken from www.sachess.org

The Glenelg Allegro
1st James Obst
=2nd Bob Cowley and Robin Wedding 6/7

Full list of prize winners available on the website. It was good to see a couple of strong players, Neil Steffensen and James Hislop playing in the tournament after a break away from competative chess.

The City of Adelaide Junior (U/21) was won by 12 year old Fedja Zulfic with 8/8. Zulfic proved to a by far the strongest players in the field that was missing most of the best juniors in SA. This should not take away from Zulfic's win as he appears to be improving quickly and has been for the last 12 months.
Full results should be up on the SACA webpage when I send them to Alex. Sorry Alex it should have already been done.

The February Allegro was played last Tuesda night as the first tournament on the SACA calendar. It attracted 36 players, a larger than usaul field for tournaments of this type over the last year.
The tournament was jointly won by Srbo Zaric and Alan Goldsmith on 4.5 ahead of Michael Peake and Fedja Zulfic on 4. Peake has been playing very well of late, since becoming SACA President. Dutch player David Koetsier played in the tournament and I have been told he is now living here. I believe he has a Dutch rating of 1832, and ICCF rating of 2409. I was also told he had a FIDE rating but cannot find any record of it. I believe David Flude has played and lost to Koetsier in correspondance chess. Full results on SACA webpage

Scott Colliver

Scott

pax
08-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Dutch player David Koetsier played in the tournament and I have been told he is now living here. I believe he has a Dutch rating of 1832, and ICCF rating of 2409. I was also told he had a FIDE rating but cannot find any record of it.

Closest I could find is a Swiss player called "D. Koestinger" with a rating of around 2200. No "Koetsier" is on the list, or any Dutch David with a remotely similar surname.

Pax

Duff McKagan
08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Three relatively recent results from SA
Results for adult tournaments taken from www.sachess.org

The Glenelg Allegro
1st James Obst
=2nd Bob Cowley and Robin Wedding 6/7

Full list of prize winners available on the website. It was good to see a couple of strong players, Neil Steffensen and James Hislop playing in the tournament after a break away from competative chess.

It's also good to see Liz Ports, Kevin Sheldrick and the Bierton family playing again.

Oepty
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
It's also good to see Liz Ports, Kevin Sheldrick and the Bierton family playing again.
Yes it is although Sheldrick apparently forfieted his last game with Robin Wedding because of previous personal differences. Very sad to see to the relationship of two former very good friends breakdown to the point that one refuses to even play the other. Takes it step a further than the Shirov Kasparov refusal to shake hands.
Scott

Oepty
09-02-2005, 10:22 AM
The SA Championships was started last night with the tournament being changed to a swiss tournament incorparating both the championship and candidates players. This happened because of the failure of 8 players of significant strength to enter championships. A minimum of 1700 had been previously decided on and only 6 players over 1700 entered, Srbo Zaric, Bob Cowley, James Obst, Rober Hoile, David Koetsier with his Dutch rating of 1832 and Amir Amini.
Well onto the results. The biggest surprise was Zaric was held to a draw, or perhaps more accurately was forced to hold on for a draw as black against Gavin Haydn. It was Haydn not Zaric who had the winning chances. All the other top 5 seeds won, although Franz Schoeh fought exceptionally well against Koetsier and made him work very hard for the win. Karlis Atrens caused an upset on board 6 showing his steady improvement is continuing.
Full results should be on www.sachess.org in the next couple of days.

The SACA AGM is on Sunday, 1pm, chess centre. If what I have heard is correct we will be seeing a significant move to youth.

Scott

Oepty
16-02-2005, 03:51 PM
The seond round the SA Championships was played last night. The highlight of the night was probably the board 2 clash of James Obst and Michael Peake. Obst should have won the game fairly easierly but blundered badly in a winning king and pawn ending. This left Peake with a difficult to win ending. After much play with both players queening Peake managed to get up three pawn to none, but then was unable to avoid check so they agreed to a draw.

Leaders are on 2/2 are Cowley, Hoile, Amini and Garcia-Blanco who upset 5th seed Koestier. Full results and next weeks pairing are on the SACA website, www.sachess.org/2005/championship.htm

Scott

Oepty
26-03-2005, 01:25 PM
James Obst is the new SA Champion after beating Srbo Zaric and Bob Cowley with black in the last 2 rounds. Full results at http://www.sachess.org/2005/championship/index.html
Scott

Oepty
23-07-2005, 10:59 AM
The State Junior Championships were played over the last two days and Prakash Thiyagarajah won the championship with 7.5/8 with Ashwin Utturkar finishing second. Syam Heitmann won the 16 title, Fedja Zulfic the under 15, Surabhi Heitmann the Under 13 and Calvin Fong the Under 12.
Scott

antichrist
23-07-2005, 02:45 PM
The State Junior Championships were played over the last two days and Prakash Thiyagarajah won the championship with 7.5/8 with Ashwin Utturkar finishing second. Syam Heitmann won the 16 title, Fedja Zulfic the under 15, Surabhi Heitmann the Under 13 and Calvin Fong the Under 12.
Scott

All good Aussie names.

Oepty
08-08-2005, 06:33 PM
The City of Adelaide is currently underway and after 4 rounds the top 2 seeds , Srbo Zaric and Bob Cowley are on 4/4 and play tommorrow night. Junior Sophie Eustace is displaying some excellent form beating Pavel Turcaj (1503) and Steven Hill (1475) and drawing in the last round with Andrew Short (1620) and is 2.5/4.
Scott

Oepty
10-08-2005, 07:58 PM
The fifth round of the City of Adelaide was complated last night with Zaric and Cowley drawing on the top board to be equal leaders in 4.5/5. Gavin Haydn won on board 2 to take him to outright 3rd on 4/5. Haydn's only loss was against Zaric in round 1. 12 year old Sophie Eustace again caused an upset by defeating Goran Dakovic(1712), despite losing a pawn in the opening.

In other news SACA are planning a chess week from the 20th of August which will feature 4 1 hour simuls and lighting tournament in Rundle Mall on the Saturday. More details later.
Scott

WhiteElephant
10-08-2005, 11:24 PM
The fifth round of the City of Adelaide was complated last night with Zaric and Cowley drawing on the top board to be equal leaders in 4.5/5. Gavin Haydn won on board 2 to take him to outright 3rd on 4/5. Haydn's only loss was against Zaric in round 1. 12 year old Sophie Eustace again caused an upset by defeating Goran Dakovic(1712), despite losing a pawn in the opening.

In other news SACA are planning a chess week from the 20th of August which will feature 4 1 hour simuls and lighting tournament in Rundle Mall on the Saturday. More details later.
Scott

Thanks for the update. What about James Obst and Tristan Stevens...are they playing? Not sure of the scheduling but I would guess Obst did not play due to the World Juniors?

Oepty
11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
James Obst and Tristan Stevens are not playing. Obst was at the World Juniors which rules him out. Tristan does not play heaps and I think would be fairly busy with his uni studies. Third seed is Alex Sykes who is returning from a break in competitive chess and is very, very rusty and having a shocker. The 4th seed was given to unrated Edgar Mdinaradze when he was allocated a rating of 1800 for pairing purposes, but he lost in the first round when his mobile phone rang. Mdinaradze is from Georgia, and arrived in Australia only a few months ago.
Scott

Oepty
25-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Srbo Zaric and Bob Cowley jointly won the City of Adelaide title on Tuesday night after both won there final round games to finish of 6.5/7.

The Modbury Chess Club Championship was won by Bill Anderson-Smith after he won the three way play-off.

Chess Week an innovation of Tristom Cooke has been going reasonable well, although there does not seem to have been much interest from new players. The Rundle Mall display went well considering the inclement weather on the Saturday. When it was not raining there was a reasonable number of spectators watching. There was a small blitz tournament which was dominated by Edgar Mdinaradze who finished with 10/10.

SACA is planning a farewell for Evelyn Koshnitsky who is moving to the brighter city lights of Sydney. It will be sad to see her leave after all of the work she has done for chess in past years. I will post more details of the farewell when they become available.

Scott

Oepty
08-09-2005, 06:46 PM
The SACA interclub has started and the second round was played on Tuesday. I had opportunity to drop into the Chess Center on Tuesday night and was asked to be a last minute replacement for a player who did not turn up. I played board 4 for a Norwood team in A grade and managed to cause a slight upset by drawing with Mato Jelic (1701). I will post the game in the next couple of days. In other results, BB posters Peter Ballard and Aaron Guthrie won there games. Bob Cowley beat Alan Goldsmith and David Wynne and Alex Sykes drew there game in Board 1 encounters.
There are 8 teams in both A and B Grade, which I think is won team down on interclub earlier in the year. Thanks to the organisers of the various teams which include George Howard (Norwood), Bill Anderson-Smith (Modbury), Roland Eime(Adelaide), Alan Goldsmith(Knights and Bytes), Matthew J (Chess Kids) and I am sure a few others.

Also the fairwell to Evelyn Koshnitsky will be held on the afternoon of Sunday October the 16th.
Scott

Oepty
21-09-2005, 06:28 PM
The SACA website has been updated for the first time in a while and contains the games from the Ctiy of Adelaide Open (http://sachess.org/PGNs/coa05.pgn) and the games of the first two rounds of the Pennant A grade.

The Labour Day weekender will be played on the 1st and 2nd of October.
$25 standard entry, $20 concession, $30 late entry after 11pm Friday 1st October.
First prize $120.

The farewell to Evelyn Koshnitsky will be held on the 16th of October between 2 and 5pm.
Afternoon tea will be provided and a gold coin donation is expected.

Oepty
08-10-2005, 02:12 PM
It was a week for newcomers in SA chess with the Labour Day weekender and the SA Girls Championships both won by players new to chess in SA this year.
Firstly last weekend Edgar Mdinaradze dominated the Labour Day weekender finishing with 7/7. It was a very diappointing field with only 13 players competing.
Secondly the SA girls title was decided on Thursday in what was more of a mini tournamanet . The tournament that was almost not held this year until I insisted it go ahead attracted only 5 girls. The winner was Zhi Lin Oh a recent arrival to study in SA. The former Malaysian girl beat Sohpie Eustace and Surabhi Heitmann her closest rivals, but stuggled to a draw against fellow Pembroke College student Tijana Gajic. Sophie and Surabhi drew their game to finish =2nd and be joint state U16 girls champion.

St Peters College have secured positions in the ATSC in both secondary and primary open sections. They secondary team which contained State Champion James Obst, State Junior Champion Prakash Thiyagarajah, former state junior champion Ashwin Utturkar and former state U16 champion Anthony Khoo and Nick Chia dominated the competition with the team finishing with 34/35.
The Girls secondary team will either be Pemborke with a team including Zhi Lin Oh, Tijana Gajic and Georgia Reeve or Wilderness.
The primary girls team is almost certainly be from Wilderness with most of the players that played in Mt Buller last year.

Scott

Oepty
15-10-2005, 11:09 AM
The State Under 11, 10 and 9 championships were played at the SA Chess Centre over the last two days. This tournament was dominated by an impressive Tom Milton who finished with 10.5/11, his only draw being to Alistair Cameron. Cameron finished =2nd with Kaustubha Heitmann and is the new state U10 champion, while the U9 title was shared between James Bowditch, Lachan Cameron and Declan Gray.
There was also an Under 18 tournament that was jointly won by Matthew Borg and Syam Heitmann. Anthony Khoo and Anthony Milton finished equal 3rd.
The Interclub competition was concluded on Tuesday night with Matisons winning the competition by half a point from Adelaide in a very close competition. This was a very good result for Matisons who were without Srbo Zaric for about half the rounds because he was at the World Seniors. BB poster Peter Ballard is a member of the winning team and filled in on board 1 in Zaric's absense. Congratulation Peter.
More news should be available soon regarding the SA's secondary girls team for the ASTC.
Scott

four four two
15-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Freddy,are first prizes in SA weekenders always as low as $120? :hmm: This may explain why there was only 13 players.Im not saying you have to guarantee $500 for first to have a good tournament,but a weekender with less than $200 for first is always going to struggle in my opinion.

Alan Shore
15-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Freddy,are first prizes in SA weekenders always as low as $120? :hmm: This may explain why there was only 13 players.Im not saying you have to guarantee $500 for first to have a good tournament,but a weekender with less than $200 for first is always going to struggle in my opinion.

There was once an SA weekender with just 2 entrants!

four four two
15-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Did they tie for 1st place? :hmm: :D Lets not forget thay have actually had quite a few big tournaments in Adelaide over the last 25 years Belthasar.

Oepty
17-10-2005, 10:44 AM

I agree that there is not going to be huge numbers in a tournament with the prize money as low as this, but I think the numbers in are declining in tournaments of this type. I am sure a couple of years ago there were more than 20 players playing.
Scott
P.S. I didn't play so I guess I can't complain too much.

Oepty
17-10-2005, 10:46 AM
There was once an SA weekender with just 2 entrants!

I don't know about the weekender, might have been before my time, but I believe there was a State Championships in which no one entered back a few years ago and the entry deadline had to be extended.
Scott

pballard
18-10-2005, 11:38 AM
The Interclub competition was concluded on Tuesday night with Matisons winning the competition by half a point from Adelaide in a very close competition. This was a very good result for Matisons who were without Srbo Zaric for about half the rounds because he was at the World Seniors. BB poster Peter Ballard is a member of the winning team and filled in on board 1 in Zaric's absense. Congratulation Peter.

Well I only scored 0.5/2 on board 1, so I wouldn't get too carried away with the congratulations...

Oepty
18-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Well I only scored 0.5/2 on board 1, so I wouldn't get too carried away with the congratulations...

The congratulations were for being part of the winning team, not just for your board 1 performance. You team only won the competition by half a point so your half a point was quite important. What did Zaric score on board 1? I know he beat Dakovic from a lost position and lost to Goldsmith.
Who did you play on board 1?
Scott

pballard
18-10-2005, 09:19 PM
The congratulations were for being part of the winning team, not just for your board 1 performance. You team only won the competition by half a point so your half a point was quite important. What did Zaric score on board 1? I know he beat Dakovic from a lost position and lost to Goldsmith.
Who did you play on board 1?
Scott

Zaric got 3/4. On board 1 I lost to Guthrie and drew with Mdinaradze - hardly a disgrace, but still disappointing after scoring very well on board 2 up to then. But yes the half point helped - Mdinaradze beat Bob Cowley in the last round, which allowed us to sneak past half a point past Cowley's team (Adelaide) to win. Unfortunately I was away for the last round so I missed the drama.

Oepty
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
The new SA Blitz Champion is Matthew Juszczynski who won the title last night. His victory came after a playoff with Amir Amini and Edgar Mdinaradze. Mdinaradze, who was my favourite before the tournament, lead for most of the tournament and reached 9/10 going into the last round. His only loss being to Bernard Rigo. Junior Fedja Zulfic caused the huge upset in the last round by beating Mdinaradze. This allowed both Matthew and Amir to catch him. Matthew won then playoff winning both his games, while Mdinaradze beat Amini to finish second. Zulfic won the Under 1600 (rapid rating) prize which I was leading going into the final. I finished on 6/11 in an okay performance, but I did not play anywhere near as well as I played last year.

Last week saw FM Aaron Guthrie win the October Rapid Tournament with 6/6.
Scott

Oepty
27-12-2005, 12:39 PM
According to a email I recieved IM Mark Chapman has won yesterdays Lidums Glenelg Allegro with a score of 7/7 with 4 players including FM Aaron Guthrie and James Obst being amoung the four players who finished equal second.

The SACA website now has the results of all the tournaments held throughout the year, except yesterdays. The December Rapid was won by FM Aaron Guthrie with 5.5/6, the draw being against Bob Cowley. Edgar Mdinaradze finsihed second, after beating Cowley in the last round. Cowley, Andrew Saint, Eryk Papryzcki and Goran Dakovic finished equal 3rd on 4 points. John Riches returned to SA chess in this tournament after 2 years overseas.

Scott

pballard
27-12-2005, 08:53 PM
According to a email I recieved IM Mark Chapman has won yesterdays Lidums Glenelg Allegro with a score of 7/7 with 4 players including FM Aaron Guthrie and James Obst being amoung the four players who finished equal second.

The SACA website now has the results of all the tournaments held throughout the year, except yesterdays. The December Rapid was won by FM Aaron Guthrie with 5.5/6, the draw being against Bob Cowley. Edgar Mdinaradze finsihed second, after beating Cowley in the last round. Cowley, Andrew Saint, Eryk Papryzcki and Goran Dakovic finished equal 3rd on 4 points. John Riches returned to SA chess in this tournament after 2 years overseas.

Scott

Thanks for your regular updates Scott.

I dropped in briefly. It looked like a big success, with something like 70 players; a number of them having a last hitout before the Australian championships/reserves/juniors.

Oepty
28-12-2005, 12:23 PM

I have seen another set of results which differ from the email I recieved yesterday. This morning in The Advertiser's sports section the results were given as 1st Mark Chapman 7/7, 2nd James Obst 6/7 and on 5.5 as equal third. I am not sure which are correct, sorry.

Scott

AES
28-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks Scott for your efforts. Here are the officials results:

1st
IM Mark Chapman (7/7)

2nd
James Obst (6/7)

3rd
Kevin Sheldrick (5.5/7)
CCIM Srbo Zaric (5.5/7)
Tristan Stevens (5.5/7)
Bob Cowley (5.5/7)

1st Under 1750 Rating
Sam Memedi (5/7)

1st Under 1450 Rating
Chris Vinall (4/7)
Simeon Giminez (4/7)
David Sargeant (4/7)
Eduard Atrens (4/7)

1st Under 1100 Rating
James Griggs (3/7)
Timothy Goh (3/7)
Francis Goh (3/7)
Reginald Goh (3/7)

Best Performance
Pavel Turcaj (4.5/7)

Women’s
Liz Ports (4/7)

Veterans
CCIM Srbo Zaric (5.5/7)

Junior Under 18
James Obst (6/7)

Junior Girl Under 18
Sophie Eustace (3.5/7)

Junior Under 13
Timothy Goh (3/7)
Francis Goh (3/7)
Reginald Goh (3/7)

Oepty
29-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Alex. Well done for getting the results in the sports section of yesterdays paper. Thanks for putting up the correct results. Did Aaron even play?
Scott

AES
29-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Yes he did play.

Oepty
08-02-2006, 03:16 PM
The SA Championship will be held over the next 9 tuesday nights. It will be a 10 player round robin tournament which will be FIDE rated. The first round is planned to start at 7:00pm next Tuesday, not the usaull 7:30pm. FM Aaron Guthrie and Bob Cowley have entered the tournament. Entry Fee $80. Guarenteed first prize of $500

The Candidates tournament will also be held over the same period of time.

The SAJCL will pay $20 of the entry of a junior that enters the Championship or Candidates tournament.

The SACA AGM will be held this Sunday at 1pm. This will be followed by a blitz tournament at 2:30pm.

There was the first tournament of SACA calendar played last night. It was an allegro which saw Alan Goldsmith, who only decided to play at the very last minute win the tournament with 5/5. There was large group on 4/5 including Guthrie, Cowley and Edgar Mdinaradze. I did not look at who else finished. And for those interested I played and struggled to 2/5 and it probably should have been less.

Scott

Oepty
15-02-2006, 10:17 AM
The SA championships started last with the strongest field for many years, although there was only 9 players instead of the hoped for 10 in the field. The field is headed by Trevor Tao who is playing his first state championships since 1997. His main challengers will be FM Aaron Guthrie, Srbo Zaric, Bob Cowley and reigning state champion James Obst.
Last nights results saw a triumph for black with black winning on every board.
The results being
Mathew Juszczynski - James Obst 0-1
Edgar Mdinaradze - Aaron Guthrie 0-1
Bob Cowley - Trevor Tao 0-1
Tristan Stevens - Srbo Zaric 0-1
John Riches - Bye

The closest game was the game between Stevens and Zaric with Stevens blundering in an exchange down endgame that would have been hard for Zaric to make progress in.
SACA is still attempting to find a tenth player for the championships this week.

The Candidates also started last night with all of the top seeds winning their games. I will put the full results up later when I am on a computer with Swiss Perfect on it.

The SACA AGM was held on Sunday and saw the reelection of Andrew Saint as SACA President. Most of the other positions also remained unchanged. Tristain Stevens is the new ratings officer and will be deputy tournaments officer. SACA is looking for a new webmaster to replace Alex Saint.
The AGM blitz was won by Andrew Saint.

Scott

Oepty
22-02-2006, 01:57 PM
The SA Championships and Candidates tournaments continued last night with the second round being played. The Championships is now a 10 player round robin tournament after Alan Goldsmith joined the field. This is the strongest SA Championships for many years. The first round game between Goldsmith and Riches will be played at a later date.
The results of the second round are,

Goldsmith, Alan D 2247 2059 1:0 Zaric, Srboljub 2250 2129
Tao, Trevor 2422 2418 1:0 Stevens, Tristan 2006 1855
Guthrie, Aaron 2244 2120 1:0 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2091
Obst, James 2012 2054 1:0 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1915
Riches, L John 1939 0:1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1790

The candidates results from the first 2 rounds are,

Round 1
11 Atrens, Karlis (16) 1054 0:1 Garcia-Blanco, Miguel (1) 1678
12 Jelic, Mato (2) 1642 1:0 Schoech, Franz (17) 1042
13 Stephenson, Alison (18) 1009 0:1 Short, Andrew (3) 1633
14 Paprzycki, Eryk (4) 1575 1:0 Milton, Tom (19) 995
15 Low, Brandon (20) 969 0:1 Cooke, Tristrom (5) 1561
16 Haydn, Gavin (6) 1553 1:0 Miller, Anthony (21) 968
17 Branson, Edward (22) 945 0:1 Atrens, Eduard (7) 1502
18 Zulfic, Fedja (8) 1417 0:1 Griggs, James (23) 815
19 Knapp, Katrina (24) 726 0:1 Hill, Steven (9) 1390
20 Corti, Mario (10) 1354 1:0 Mading, John Thon (25)
21 Ajith, Chol Solomon (26) 1:0 Eustace, Sophie (11) 1205
22 Hendrick, Geoff (12) 1190 0:1 Searle, Zachary (27)
23 Pope, Oliver (28) 0:1 Ivancic, Fabian (13) 1159
24 Milton, Anthony (15) 1115 1:0 Gage Brown, Liam(29)
25 Sanderson, Christopher (14)1159 .5:.5 BYE

Round 2

11 Garcia-Blanco, Miguel (1) 1678 1:0 Hill, Steven (9) 1390
12 Ivancic, Fabian (13) 1159 -:+ Jelic, Mato (2) 1642
13 Short, Andrew (3) 1633 1:0 Corti, Mario (10) 1354
14 Griggs, James (23) 815 0:1 Paprzycki, Eryk (4) 1575
15 Cooke, Tristrom (5) 1561 .5:.5 Milton, Anthony (15) 1115
16 Searle, Zachary (27) 0:1 Haydn, Gavin (6) 1553
17 Atrens, Eduard (7) 1502 .5:.5 Ajith, Chol Solomon (26)
18 Sanderson, Christopher (14)1159 0:1 Zulfic, Fedja (8) 1417
19 Eustace, Sophie (11) 1205 1:0 Branson, Edward (22) 945
20 Miller, Anthony (21) 968 1:0 Hendrick, Geoff (12) 1190
21 Mading, John Thon (25) 0:1 Atrens, Karlis (16) 1054
22 Schoech, Franz (17) 1042 1:0 Knapp, Katrina (24) 726
23 Gage Brown, Liam (29) 1:0 Stephenson, Alison (18) 1009
24 Milton, Tom (19) 995 1:0 Pope, Oliver (28)
25 Kuol, Leek Gordon (30) 0:1 Low, Brandon (20) 969

Scott

Oepty
01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Last nights round in the championship saw the following results

Matthew Juszczynski - Alan Goldsmith 0-1
Edgar Midinaradze - John Riches 1-0
Bob Cowley - James Obst 1-0
Tristan Stevens - Aaron Guthrie 1-0
Srbo Zaric - Trevor Tao 1/2-1/2

Zaric played an excellent game against Tao producing a strong attack, sacrificing 2 peices. Tao though was just able to hold on with very accurate defence and the resulting end where Zaric had 4 pawns for the a knight. The first draw in a tournament that has so far featured lots of attacking chess and hard fought games.

Scott

Bas
02-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Closest I could find is a Swiss player called "D. Koestinger" with a rating of around 2200. No "Koetsier" is on the list, or any Dutch David with a remotely similar surname.

Pax
Hi Pax,
In the latest Dutch Chess Federation (KNSB) rating list, D.Koetsier has a rating of 1839 (http://www.schaakbond.nl/. My experience is that this Dutch rating compares to about 1700 Australian rating.

Oepty
03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
The SAJCL held its AGM on Wednesday night. This saw the election of the following committee.

President : Alan Goldsmith
Deputy President: Micahael Peake
Vice President: George Howard
Secretary: Alex Saint
Treasurer: Rita McKechnie

The SA Minister of Youth (amongst other things) the Honorable Stephanie Key has become the Patron of the SAJCL, thanks to George Howard.

Scott

shaun
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM

A forgiving bunch these South Australians. After avoiding any attempts by the rest of us to get the South Australian chess community to pressure George into doing the right thing re Mt Buller, they go and elect him to the Junior Chess League Council. Unless of course there are 2 George Howards, but what would be the chances of that?

Bill Gletsos
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
BTW whats happening to the SA CA website www.sachess.org.
It has been unavaiable for over a week.

adelaideuni
04-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for pointing this out. I should have done so last week.

We are changing web hosts. We still have control over the domain name.

Garvinator
05-03-2006, 01:53 AM
The SAJCL held its AGM on Wednesday night. This saw the election of the following committee.

The SA Minister of Youth (amongst other things) the Honorable Stephanie Key has become the Patron of the SAJCL, thanks to George Howard.

Scott
Interesting, SAJCL now runs the internet chess competition and then George Howard is admitted to junior council. This would then mean that George has a say in the running of another acf event, just over 12 months after the mt buller events concluded play and with issues still outstanding :hmm:

I wonder what the positions are now of all the people who have frothed at the mouth over the repercussions of mt buller?

Oepty
06-03-2006, 10:12 AM
A forgiving bunch these South Australians. After avoiding any attempts by the rest of us to get the South Australian chess community to pressure George into doing the right thing re Mt Buller, they go and elect him to the Junior Chess League Council. Unless of course there are 2 George Howards, but what would be the chances of that?

Shaun. I was not at the AGM, although I was elected to a position in my absence subject to my agreeing to take it up. I doubt alot of the people, teachers from schools and the like would be aware of the Mt Buller fiasco. On top of that George was involved in junior chess, doing a bit of coaching and help at least on school put there teams into the interschool competition. I don't know this but I also suspect he was the only candidate for the position.
There is also the very recent history of the SAJCL to consider. The SAJCL has existed offically as a subcommitee of SACA for a number of years. It has recently become an incorporated body and the AGM was the first meeting of the new body. George managed to arrange for a patron for the SAJCL in very quick time so I guess he deserves some credit for that. What actual benefit the SAJCL will recieve from the arrangement I have no idea.
He has also apologised for what happened at Mt Buller and is going to try and fix it up as much as possible.
As for the responsibilities George Howard on the SAJCL, I have no idea, I am very busy with non chess stuff at the moment but will be finding out after this weekend.
Scott

shaun
06-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Shaun. I was not at the AGM, although I was elected to a position in my absence subject to my agreeing to take it up. I doubt alot of the people, teachers from schools and the like would be aware of the Mt Buller fiasco. On top of that George was involved in junior chess, doing a bit of coaching and help at least on school put there teams into the interschool competition. I don't know this but I also suspect he was the only candidate for the position.
There is also the very recent history of the SAJCL to consider. The SAJCL has existed offically as a subcommitee of SACA for a number of years. It has recently become an incorporated body and the AGM was the first meeting of the new body. George managed to arrange for a patron for the SAJCL in very quick time so I guess he deserves some credit for that. What actual benefit the SAJCL will recieve from the arrangement I have no idea.
He has also apologised for what happened at Mt Buller and is going to try and fix it up as much as possible.
As for the responsibilities George Howard on the SAJCL, I have no idea, I am very busy with non chess stuff at the moment but will be finding out after this weekend.
Scott

My point wasn't that Geoge shouldn't be elected to the SAJCL, as much it was about the constant line coming out of SA chess that George had dissapeared from the scene, and as a consequence getting the SA chess community to confront him about the Mt Buller fiasco would be a waste of time. Clearly he hadn't dissapeared, and even now there appears to be no indication that his fellow office bearers will apply any pressure if he fails to come through with his promises.

Oepty
06-03-2006, 05:10 PM
My point wasn't that Geoge shouldn't be elected to the SAJCL, as much it was about the constant line coming out of SA chess that George had dissapeared from the scene, and as a consequence getting the SA chess community to confront him about the Mt Buller fiasco would be a waste of time. Clearly he hadn't dissapeared, and even now there appears to be no indication that his fellow office bearers will apply any pressure if he fails to come through with his promises.

Shaun, George had largely disappeared from the scene. Before Mt Buller he was president of SACA and the ACF. After Mt Buller he really held a couple of positions in name only as far as I could see. A fairly big reduction in what he was doing.
As far as being put under pressure from people in SA chess, I think you are wrong on that point.
Scott

Garvinator
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Shaun, George had largely disappeared from the scene. Before Mt Buller he was president of SACA and the ACF. After Mt Buller he really held a couple of positions in name only as far as I could see. A fairly big reduction in what he was doing.
As far as being put under pressure from people in SA chess, I think you are wrong on that point.
Scott
Sorry Scott,

But the answers need to come straight from the current committee people themselves ie these people. Answers from anyone else is unacceptable.

Oepty
06-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Sorry Scott,

But the answers need to come straight from the current committee people themselves ie these people. Answers from anyone else is unacceptable.

Garvin. I am currently a committee member of the SAJCL. There are other positions on the SAJCL committee I didn't list, primary school coordinator, secondary school coordinator and data entry coordinator. I was elected to the position of data entry coordinator at the AGM, so I am on the committee at least at the moment. I am not sure whether I will be able to undertake the position for long though. I also hold a position, although extremely minor, on the internet chess committee.
Scott
Scott

adelaideuni
07-03-2006, 05:07 PM

Ok Shaun i dont quite agree with your analysis here.

Why shouldnt he be a part of the SAJCL? He never has not done anything wrong with junior chess in SA. From where i stand, he made some mistakes and now he is fixing them.

My problem is more with the state of certain people in chess who are a biproduct of the tall poppy syndrome and try to cut people that are well intended and trying to help (ie George) down.

My problem is with people who send hate mail to George etc. My problem is with people who dont care about George's health.

My problem is with the fact that this bulletin board spent ages talking about what George didnt do and now that he has written a letter of apology to the chess community there isnt any word about it on here (or atleastt not from what i can see).

The reason there is a constant line coming out of SA chess that George disappered from the scene is believe it or not because it is true!! How weird is that. I tried on many occasions to call him and emailed him but in both situations he didnt respond to my emails and messages. As far as i was concerned he was uncontactable. He did not come along to meetings until late last year and the first time i saw him for a long while was at the SACA AGM a few Sundays ago.

Clearly he hadn't dissapeared, and even now there appears to be no indication that his fellow office bearers will apply any pressure if he fails to come through with his promises.

Careful Shaun with your statements. You are not in a position to make this kind of call. Again i said he had disappeared and i meant it. I informed Denis about this a long time ago and Tristrom Cooke (SA delegate) knew about this. A comment like this is actually quite concerning considering you don't know the full picture.

Your final comment about not applying pressure is also a bit silly-speak to ACF about that one. Im not saying anything on here about that.

adelaideuni
07-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Interesting, SAJCL now runs the internet chess competition and then George Howard is admitted to junior council. This would then mean that George has a say in the running of another acf event, just over 12 months after the mt buller events concluded play and with issues still outstanding :hmm:

I wonder what the positions are now of all the people who have frothed at the mouth over the repercussions of mt buller?

This is just being paranoid. Dont be ridiculous.

George wants to VOLUNTEER his time to help out SAJCL and quite frankly, we would love his help. There was nobody else for that position. He has no say in our internet competition which is being run by Knights and Bytes with help from SAJCL (ie Robin Wedding etc) to accomodate adult matches requested by people such as yourself. Knights and Bytes includes Alan Goldsmith, Scott Colliver, myself, IM Mark Chapman, FM Aaron Guthrie etc

I think you all just need to go and hire a good DVD tonight and just relax.

Dont worry the world is not coming to an end.

Breathe in, and out. In and out...

Kind regards,
Alex.

Rincewind
07-03-2006, 05:24 PM
This is just being paranoid. Dont be ridiculous.

George wants to VOLUNTEER his time to help out SAJCL and quite frankly, we would love his help. There was nobody else for that position. He has no say in our internet competition which is being run by Knights and Bytes with help from SAJCL (ie Robin Wedding etc) to accomodate adult matches requested by people such as yourself. Knights and Bytes includes Alan Goldsmith, Scott Colliver, myself, IM Mark Chapman, FM Aaron Guthrie etc

I think you all just need to go and hire a good DVD tonight and just relax.

Dont worry the world is not coming to an end.

Breathe in, and out. In and out...

Kind regards,
Alex.

Yes you're right Alex. In fact I hope Pope Benedict takes my letter recommending George for canonisation seriously. I can think of no greater Australian. Hopefully he can become Australia's first saint ahead of Mary Mackillop. Of course, a few miracles like the appearance of some Mt Buller CDs or $4000 junior development fund would do his cause no harm.

Kind regards,
Barry

adelaideuni
07-03-2006, 05:27 PM
If you had any empathy for what he went through last year, you wouldnt be making comments like that.

Thats fine, get a few laughs but if you were in his position, trust me you would not be laughing.

He has made a written apology and payments are on the way.

So just watch the dvd...

eclectic
07-03-2006, 05:40 PM
eclectic wept.

:whistle:

Libby
07-03-2006, 06:37 PM
My problem is more with the state of certain people in chess who are a biproduct of the tall poppy syndrome and try to cut people that are well intended and trying to help (ie George) down.

Some of the ill-will had it's roots in George's own failure to communicate with people from the beginning of the process, well before the apparent stresses took over. I don't think it's appropriate to absolve him of all responsibility.

My problem is with people who send hate mail to George etc. My problem is with people who dont care about George's health.

Agreed. All depends on what was actually classified as hate mail. I have not emailed George myself since well before Mt Buller - at which stage I still thought I was "helpful" but he felt it necessary to consign my enquiries & offers to the crapper.

My problem is with the fact that this bulletin board spent ages talking about what George didnt do and now that he has written a letter of apology to the chess community there isnt any word about it on here (or atleastt not from what i can see).

I think the most charitable thing that has happened since George published his apology is that we have all (almost) ignored it. The issue has been allowed to rest as people await what he promises.

I found it sincere. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his current intentions but I'm not suddenly going to change my view of how he (& others) conducted themselves over the event or for the need for people to properly account for financial matters.

adelaideuni
07-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks Libby. I agree with all your thoughts.

Dont get me wrong-George is responsible and must pay.

Cheers!
Alex.

Denis_Jessop
07-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I really think it is high time that people laid off criticism of George Howard.

I have already famously called much of it uninformed and irresponsible and yet it continues.

I know from contact with George confirmed by another source that George's post-Mt Buller disappearance was for good reasons that I am not prepared to canvass on this BB.

Moreover George has now not only written a letter of apology published in the appropriate place - the ACF Newsletter - but also has made arrangements for payment to the ACF of all the moneys in dispute. And it should be noted that, thanks to some characteristic junior chess ploying, the ACF stands to make a profit of $4000 from the Mt Buller events.

DJ

jenni
07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
I kind of agree with Denis. George has apologised, he is going to pay the money. It is time to let the past go. He did a huge amount of work and made a lot of mistakes, but so do we all. I think anyone who heard me turning the air blue after a run in with George on the last day, would know I wasn't happy with some of the things that happened. On the other hand the schools comp and Juniors were quite successful and enjoyable comps.

I am a big fan of apology and forgiveness and pretty anti holding grudges. (particularly when the money is paid. :) )

pballard
07-03-2006, 07:52 PM
The reason there is a constant line coming out of SA chess that George disappered from the scene is believe it or not because it is true!! How weird is that. I tried on many occasions to call him and emailed him but in both situations he didnt respond to my emails and messages. As far as i was concerned he was uncontactable. He did not come along to meetings until late last year and the first time i saw him for a long while was at the SACA AGM a few Sundays ago.

My observation was that he was slowly working into things in the second half of the year. I saw him at interclub a few times (August-September I think it was) - organising but not playing (is that a crime?). I found him approachable and was able to ask about him about the Mt. Buller CDs.

It seems there was a screwup over the CDs, and he's agreed to pay the $4k, so let's take it in good faith. While I don't doubt that some of the Mt. Buller problems were due to George, let us apply the adage, "Never ascribe to malice what you can ascribe to incompetence", or however it goes.

WhiteElephant
07-03-2006, 08:10 PM
I too am glad that George has apologised and am willing to wait and see how he goes about compensating the chess community before I make any judgement. However, you can only judge someone based on their actions and so far he has not taken any action (ie repaid the ACF any money) as far as I know. I don't think it is a good political move for the ACF to be singing his praises until we see some results. Let's hope George was sincere about everything he stated in his letter.

adelaideuni
07-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

Just to let you know, George is getting a lot of the 'bits and pieces' payments out of the way.

I can announce that Karthick has been fully reimbursed for his website work. Some of you may critisise the order of payment but i think its important for him that he takes small steps and does one bit at a time. The $4000 junior development fund will be the final thing he pays off.

My following comments do not refer to anyone posting in this thread.

I am not going to harp on about this but i gave many of you a warning back in February 2005 about this when i could see George wasnt doing so well. See below

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?p=45251&mode=threaded#post45251

and yet many of you continued on and on relentlessly. You know who you are. You were rude and un-Australian.

In many ways, some of you shot yourselves in the foot. The very thing you were going on about was never going to be achieved because you kept going on about it!! You needed to give him space and you didnt.

I am not trying to criticise anyone at a personal level but be very careful in future should this situation arise.

Cheers,
Alex.

Oepty
05-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Trevor Tao has won the SA championships with a round to go after moving to 7/8 after a forfeit win over bottom seed Matthew Juszczynski. Juszczynski was apparently moving house but failed to inform the arbiters so other arrangements could be made. Alan Goldsmith with was in second lost to James Obst last night and is now tied with Obst, Srbo Zaric and Bob Cowley on 5.5/8. Zaric beat Edgar Mdinaradze, Cowley beat Tristan Stevens and Aaron Guthrie beat John Riches in the other games last night.
Scott

Oepty
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Last night saw the last round of the SA championships and although the winner was decided it still saw a fight for second place and the upset of the tournament. Edgar Mdinaradze upset the Trevor Tao after being forced to defend for most of the game. Mdinaradze whose fighting qualities have been on show for the whole tournament finally bore fruit. He was forced to defend as black from the start of the game as Tao gained a good position, but he did accurately and managed just to keep his position together to reach a drawn endgame, but Tao then gifted him the victory with a shocking blunder.
Second place was shared by Srbo Zaric and James Obst who beat Bob Cowley and John Riches respectively. Tristan Stevens upset Alan Goldsmith and Aaron Guthrie beat Matthew Juszczynski in the other two games.

There will be two Allegro tournaments on the next 2 Tuesday nights followed by the start of interclub on the 2nd of May.

Scott

Oepty
14-06-2006, 05:46 PM
The Queens Birthday weekender play on last Saturday and Sunday was won by Srbo Zaric on 5.5/6 ahead of Glen Gibbs on 5/6. Gibbs and Zaric drew their game.

The Interclub competition is currently underway and the Adelaide team of Bob Cowley, Andrew Saint, Adam Takos and Andrew Short were dominating the competition with 20.5 points after six rounds, 4.5 points ahead of Matisons. The seventh round was played last night but I don't have the results.

Scott

Oepty
21-07-2006, 06:22 PM
The State juniors were held in the chess center over the last 2 days. James Griggs won the championship with 6.5/8. The other titles were,
U16 Fedja Zulfic 6
U15 Malcolm Borg 6
U14 Sophie Eustace 6
U13 Calvin Fong

The seperate U12 championship was won by Alaistair Cameron with Katrina Knapp second. The U11 prize was won by Natalia Bortsova and the U10 by Lachlan Cameron. Natalia Bortsova has recently moved to SA with her family from Russia and turned 9 earlier this month.
Scott

Altecman
22-07-2006, 11:27 AM
The State juniors were held in the chess center over the last 2 days. James Griggs won the championship with 6.5/8. The other titles were,
U16 Fedja Zulfic 6
U15 Malcolm Borg 6
U14 Sophie Eustace 6
U13 Calvin Fong

The seperate U12 championship was won by Alaistair Cameron with Katrina Knapp second. The U11 prize was won by Natalia Bortsova and the U10 by Lachlan Cameron. Natalia Bortsova has recently moved to SA with her family from Russia and turned 9 earlier this month.
Scott

Would of been interesting is James Obst was to play :P

Oepty
24-08-2006, 06:29 PM
The City of Adelaide Minor and Major was completed on Tuesday night

Srbo Zaric won the major with an unbeaten 6/7 ahead of Bob Cowley on 4.5/7 with Aaron Guthrie and Ralph Jackson on 4/7.

The Minor was won by junior Fedja Zulfic with 5.5/7, I believe he too was unbeaten. Gavin Haydn and Erik Staak finished equal second.

Next Tuesday see the start of the Penant Interclub season.

Scott

Oepty
04-10-2006, 06:19 PM
FM Aaron Guthrie won the SACA Labour Day weekender comfortably with 7/7 ahead of a disappointing field of 13, although the fact 5 of them were females was promising.

The Penant season will finish next week. Adelaide is leading both the A and B grade with a round to go. In the B grade it has been very pleasing to have the Girls Power team playing, with team members Sophie Eustace, Katrina Knapp, Natalia Bortsova and Elee Mayo. 9 year old Natalia has partically impressed scoring 3.5/5 including wins over State junior champion James Griggs and last night over Mike Beltsos rated 1256. I will be playing her next week and I am expecting a very tough game.

The state girls championship will be played this Friday and will be quite an open tournament although it will be missing Sophie Eustace who is at Ergas.

After the Penant season finishes next week there will be rapid tournament held on the 17th and 24th followed by the state blitz championship on the 31st.

Scott

Oepty
11-10-2006, 05:28 PM
The Penant Interclub season finished last night with the Adelaide chess club winning both the A grade and B grade. Thanks to the team various team organisers/captains, Roland Eime, Bill Anderson-Smith, George Howard, Alan Goldsmith, Avairs Lidums and anyone I might have accidently missed. Full details should be on the SACA website soon if they are not already.

Zhi Lin Oh successfully defended her state girls title last Friday. Natalia (or Natasha) Bortsova finised second and Katrina Knapp third. This Thursday and Friday sees the state Under 11, 10 and 9 championships being decided. There will also be an under 18 tournament.

Scott

Aaron Guthrie
18-07-2007, 01:11 AM
The City of Adelaide started today. Results from tonight, Colin Cloudsdale beat Miguel Garcia-Blanco, Kevin McColl had a draw with Srbo Zaric, Fedja Zulfic had a draw with Robert Cowley, and Aaron Guthrie beat Edgar Mdinaradze.

In that last game, the following interesting position arose-r5k1/1q3pbp/p1r1b1p1/Q3p2n/N3P3/1P2BP2/PK4PP/3R1B1R w - - 0 21White (Edgar) to move. I have hidden the game continuation in white text for anyone that wants to consider how they would play it. 21.Rd8+ (Nc5!) Rxd8 22.Qxd8+ Bf8 23.Nc5 Qb4! 24.a3 Qe1 and it looks like Black is better!

Basil
18-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Interesting, thanks!

Don't let Aaron or Jono see your fianchettod bishop behind a stationary and blocked e5 pawn ;) They'll have fits and you'll never hear the end of it!

Aaron Guthrie
01-08-2007, 01:09 PM
COA Major report

Last week Ralph Jackson joined the tournament to make it a 10 player round robin. He beat Aaron Guthrie in his first game, no word on if this had anything to do with the lack of a report last week. This position arose in the Zaric-Cowley game

22...Rg5 23.Rc4! Qxc4 (23...Qb6 24.hxg5!) 24.bxc4 Rxf5 25.c5 dxc5 (25...R5h5) 26.d6 Bd8 (26...Rd8 27.dxe7!) 27.Rg1 Rf4 28.h5 c4 29.h6 Bb6 30.Rg2 Rd4 31.h7 Rxd6 32.Rxg4 Rdd8 33.Rg7 Rdf8 34.Qg2 a6 35.Qd5 Bxf2 36.Rxf7 1-0

After this week (the third week), Colin Cloudsdale is leading on 3 points with the next closest Srboljub Zaric is on 2.5. (I am on 1.5 after having a draw against Fedja Zulfic in the most recent round)

Miguel
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Major (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coamajor2.htm)
Minor (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coaminor2.htm)
Results from round 3 not yet updated.

Basil
01-08-2007, 06:36 PM
What a pleasant surprise to see the names of people to whom I can put faces.

Miguel
04-08-2007, 02:34 PM
The links I provided previously are apparently only for rounds 2/3 :doh:, so here are the new links with the standings after round 3 along with the pairings for round 4:
Major (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coamajor3.htm)
Minor (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coaminor3.htm)

Aaron Guthrie
08-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Round 4 of COA-
Two games have yet to be played from this round (one of which was mine), so I'll just post 2 interesting positions from the games that were played. Both positions are from the Garcia~Blanco-Mdinaradze game. (I am not sure if the pawn was on a3 or a4 in these positions)
8/Q5nk/6p1/3P1p2/2P5/PKBq3p/8/8 b - - 0 11...Kh6 was played, but 1...Qxc3+! was possible.

8/1q6/6p1/8/1BP5/PK3p1k/8/6Q1 b - - 0 11...g5! was played, and after 2.Qxg5 a draw was agreed.

Miguel
08-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Here's the whole game. The first position is from move 50. I was in time trouble (~2 mins) by move 30.

Event: City of Adelaide Major
Site: Adelaide, SA AUS
Date: 2007.08.07
Round: 4
White: Garcia-Blanco, Miguel
Black: Mdinaradze, Edgar
Result: 1/2-1/2
ECO: E91
WhiteElo: 1699
BlackElo: 1896
Annotator: Garcia-Blanco, Miguel
PlyCount: 141
EventDate: 2007.07.17
TimeControl: 5400+30

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. Nf3 Nc6 6. Be2 O-O 7. O-O Ne8 8. d5 Ne5 9. Nxe5 Bxe5 10. Bh6 Ng7 11. f4 Bf6 12. g4 c5 13. e5 dxe5 14. g5 exf4 15. gxf6 exf6 16. Bxf4 Bd7 17. Bd6 Re8 18. Bxc5 Re5 19. Bf2 Rg5+ 20. Kh1 Bh3 21. Rg1 h5 22. Rxg5 fxg5 23. Qd3 Bf5 24. Qe3 Qf6 25. Qd4 Qe7 26. a3 g4 27. Bd3 h4 28. Ne4 Nh5 29. Re1 Qd8 30. Be3 g3 31. Qe5 f6 32. Qd4 gxh2 33. Kxh2 Bxe4 34. Qxe4 Qd6+ 35. Kg1 Qg3+ 36. Kf1 f5 37. Qe6+ Kh7 38. Ke2 Ng7 39. Qf7 Re8 40. Kd2
Qe5 41. Qxb7 Rb8 42. Qxa7 Rxb2+ 43. Bc2 Qe4 44. Qa4 h3 45. Kc3 Qe5+ 46. Bd4 Rxc2+ 47. Kxc2 Qxe1 48. Qa7 Qe2+ 49. Kb3 Qd3+ 50. Bc3 Kh6 51. Qxg7+ Kh5 52. Qh7+ Kg5 53. Qe7+ Kg4 54. Qh7 f4 55. Qd7+ Kg3 56. Qe7 h2 57. Qg5+ Kf3 58. Qh4 Kg2 59. Qg4+ Qg3 60. Qe2+ Kh3 61. Qf1+ Kg4 62. d6 Qg1 63. Qe2+ Kh3 64. Qe6+ Qg4 65. Qxg4+ Kxg4 66. d7 h1=Q 67. d8=Q Qb7+ 68. Bb4 f3 69. Qd4+ Kh3 70. Qg1 g5 71. Qxg5 {White offers a draw. Drawn.} 1/2-1/2

Miguel
12-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Major (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coamajor4.htm)
Minor (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coaminor4.htm)
Games (http://www.sachess.org/games/SAChessGames.html)

Aaron Guthrie
15-08-2007, 01:52 AM
COA, Round 5

Colin Cloudsdale had his first draw of the tournament to put him on 4.5/5. It looked like he might be able to beat his opponent, Robert Cowley, for a while, but Bob defended well. In the game between Aaron Guthrie and Miguel Garcia-Blanco the following position arose, with Black to move, the interesting part is what Black should do on the second move.1...Qe4! 2.Rh4! Ng4? (the move we were both oblivious to (but fritz isn't) was 2...Rf4!!) 3.Bxg4 Bxg4 (3...Qxd4 4.Be6+) 4.Rxg4! (4.Qxg4? Qd3+ 5.Kg2 Re4!) 4...Qh1+ 5.Qg1 Qf3 6.Qg2 and I won about 5 moves later.

Miguel
27-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Can anyone confirm what the correct draw is for round 7? My cross table has me paired against Ralph Jackson (I'm black), but the SACA website (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coamajor6.htm) has me paired against Srbo Zaric. I've tried contacting both Bill and Roly, but can't reach either.

Aaron Guthrie
27-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Can anyone confirm what the correct draw is for round 7? My cross table has me paired against Ralph Jackson (I'm black), but the SACA website (http://www.sachess.org/results2007/coamajor6.htm) has me paired against Srbo Zaric. I've tried contacting both Bill and Roly, but can't reach either.Good question. The saca site is based on the original cross table we recieved; the one without Ralph. The only difference between the two cross tables is the reversing of round 7 and 8. Very odd. I am going on the assumption that the newer crosstable is right, but that is just my guess. Can you post on here if you get an official answer?

Miguel
27-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Okay, I've just confirmed with Bill that the draw given for round 7 on the SACA website is wrong. The correct draw is the one on the newer cross table:

1. Jackson, Ralph E - Garcia-Blanco, Miguel
2. Short, Andrew - Zaric, Srboljub
3. Cloudsdale, Colin - Zulfic, Fedja
4. McColl, Kevin S - Guthrie, Aaron
5. Cowley, Robert G (Bob) - Mdinaradze, Edgar

Aaron Guthrie
12-09-2007, 12:43 AM
The last round of the COA was played tonight. However there is still one game to be played (Srbo-Fedja (I don't know the colours)). At the start of the round I (Aaron Guthrie) was leading with 6.5/8, Colin Cloudsdale was on 6/8, and Srbo was on 5.5/7.

I had White against Robert Cowley. By about move 15 I was down a pawn for dubious compensation. Bob seemed to play a lot of good moves, but in the end somehow the dubious compensation turned good. The game ended as a draw, I was better in the end, but considered the position too risky to play on in light of the tournament situation and time left on the clock. A draw meant, assuming Srbo didn't win, at least =first.

Srbo was playing Colin Cloudsdale. At the time I was agreeing the draw this game had, what looked like, a pretty = rook ending. But they played it out, with me tearing my hair out wondering why they were both refusing to take the final step of swapping all the remaining pawns off and agreeing a draw. Somehow Colin ended up getting the better of it, and even ended up with lone queen vs lone king. But then about 15 minutes later they had drawn! I will post this ending if I ever get a hold of it.

So now the (almost final) standings are Guthrie 7/9, Srbo 6/8 and Colin with 6.5/9.

Bereaved
12-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Well done Aaron, a good result :clap: :clap: :clap:

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Basil
12-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Congratulations Aaron.

Aaron Guthrie
15-09-2007, 10:27 PM
The game between Srbo and Fedja ended in a draw, thus Srbo and Colin share second.

Aaron Guthrie
10-10-2007, 12:05 AM
I joined interclub tonight, taking Srbo's place. Here is an interesting position that arose in my game, Alan Goldsmith on the White side. 1r2q1bk/3R4/4Bp1p/p6P/4pQ2/8/PpP5/1K6 b - - 0 1How should Black play this? (Answer in white.) 1...Qxd7! 2.Bxd7 Bxa2+! 0-1

Basil
10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
... QxR
... Bxa2+
... b1=Q (mate next move)

Aaron Guthrie
10-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Yep, Gunner. Bit easy, but nice. I have put some more info in white- White had just played Qc7-f4. If he had played Bxg8, then after Qxg8 I have the same threat (of taking on a2) again!

Basil
10-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Yep, Gunner. Bit easy, but nice.
As Borat would say ... veeeeeeeery naaaaace!
Don't know how easy, but certainly a lovely finish that would shock a player OTB. I would be most distressed as white!

frog
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
hi Gunner,

Knowing Alan he may have been surprised but not displeased!

If Aaron made the move fairly quickly after alan's it may have come as a surprise but otherwise not even as a surprise!

Oepty
10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Yep, Gunner. Bit easy, but nice. I have put some more info in white- White had just played Qc7-f4. If he had played Bxg8, then after Qxg8 I have the same threat (of taking on a2) again!

Aaron, It looks to me as though you are is winning before white move anyway. Is that right?
Scott

Aaron Guthrie
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Aaron, It looks to me as though you are is winning before white move anyway. Is that right?
ScottI am not sure. Here is the whole game.1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 a6 6.
Bc4 e6 7. Bb3 b5 8. Qf3!? (castling is normal here) 8...Qb6 9. Be3 Qb7 10. O-O-O Be7 11. Rhe1 O-O 12. g4 b4 13.
g5 bxc3 14. gxf6 Bxf6 15. Rg1 cxb2+ 16. Kb1 Qe7! 17. e5 dxe5 18. Qxa8 (18. Nxe6! junior's line ends up much better than the game) 18... exd4 19. Bxd4 Bxd4 20. Qxb8 (20. Rxd4 Bb7 21. Qa7 Nc6) 20... e5! I have a huge advantage now, but I had trouble making anything of it, and eventually Alan got good play against my king (it was bound to happen!)
21. Bd5 Be6? 22. Qb3 Bf5 23. Qf3 Bg6 24. Bb3 a5 25. Qc6 Kh8 26. Rd2 Qb4 27.
Rgd1 Qb8 28. f3 Rc8 29. Qa4 Qc7 30. f4! f6 31. fxe5 fxe5 32. Rf1 h6 33. Qa3
Qd8 34. Be6 Rb8 35. Rg2 Be4 36. Re2 (I was hoping for 36. Rg4 so I could play 36...Qf6!!) 36... Bh7 37. h4 e4 (37...
Qxh4!? 38. Rf8+ Bg8) 38. h5 (38. Rd2!? I thought this move was strong at the time, but two moves seem to deal with it 38...Bg8! (38... e3!? 39. Rxd4 Qf6!!
40. Rxf6 Bxc2+ 41. Kxc2 b1=Q+ 42. Kc3 gxf6 probably perp soon) 39. Bxg8 e3 40. Rxd4 e2! (the point behind Bg8) 41. Re1
Qxd4) 38... Bf6 39. Qc5 Rb4 40. Rd2! Qe8 41. Rxf6 gxf6 42. Qc7?? Rb8?? 43.
Rd7 (43. Qf4!) 43... Bg8 44. Qf4? (44. Bxg8 Qxg8 45. Rh7+ Qxh7 46. Qxb8+
Qg8 47. Qf4 looks pretty good to me at first glance, but maybe it isn't so simple) 44... Qxd7 45. Bxd7 Bxa2+ 1-0

Aaron Guthrie
26-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Last round of Pennant coming up. Adelaide have already secured first in the B grade, with 18.5 points, ahead of the Knights & Bytes Knights and Modbury who both have 13 points.

Adelaide also lead the A grade (16.5) ahead of the Modbury Marauders (15.5) and Matisons, which is the team I currently play on, (14.5).

http://www.sachess.org/results2007/Pennant2007.html

Aaron Guthrie
31-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I understand Adelaide won A grade. They finished their last match with 2/4. This left Modbury needing 3/4 to catch up (and it was Modbury vs Modbury!), but it was not to be (I don't actually know what they did get). It also meant Matisons needed 4/4 to catch up, but this also was not to be.

sleepless
01-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Modbury Massacre defeated Modbury Marauders 3:1 and stopped their run.

ratinahat
02-11-2007, 08:03 AM
And Norwood Red stole 1 point from Matisons! So they only won 3-1. Some thanks for this can be directed at Gunner Duggan! (such is his long reach of his influence)!!!

Aaron Guthrie
14-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Last week saw the Lidums November Allegro (http://sachess.org/results2007/lidnoval.htm) tournament, won jointly by Edgar Mdinaradze and Fedja Zulfic.

This week saw the beginning of the November Rapid. This is an event held over 2 weeks, 3 games of 20 min +10 sec/move games each week. The first round saw Milan Maric (rapid rating 1375) defeat Edgar Mdinaradze (rapid rating 2197). He dismantled Edgar's Kings Indian, and managed to finish the job off. This is an impressive feat, as Edgar is very good at defending horrible positions, and very good at rapid.

I was lucky to avoid losing against Eryk Paprzycki in the second round after dropping a piece cold in the opening.
Paprzycki-Guthrie
1.Qe8+ Kh7 2.Ng6?? (2.Nf6+! mates quickly, and 2.Qxe6 also wins) 2...Bf7 (2...Rxc1? 3.Nf8+ Kg8 4.Nxe6+ Kh7 5.Nf6+! mates) 3.Nf8+ Kg8 4.Qe5? (4.Qb8! Rxc1 5.Ne6+ Kh7 6.Nf8+ Kh8 7.Ng6+ is perpetual) 4...Bd5 5.Rg1 Bxg2+ (5...Qxg2+!) 6.Rxg2 Rxc1+ 0-1

Currently myself, Alex Sykes and either John Richies or Mato Jelic or neither of them is on 3/3.

Aaron Guthrie
20-11-2007, 11:41 PM
The conclusion of the November rapid saw Aaron Guthrie in 1st (5.5/6), Mato Jelic 2nd (5/6) and Alex Sykes in 3rd (4.5/6).

Miguel
22-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Congratulations Aaron, on winning the 2007 state championship by proxy (http://www.sachess.org/champions.html). Alex might be a bit miffed, though. :P

Aaron Guthrie
22-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Congratulations Aaron, on winning the 2007 state championship by proxy (http://www.sachess.org/champions.html). Alex might be a bit miffed, though. :PI think should go to the next meeting and recommend they update the board, and to help I could even bring along a printout of the website for them. ;)

Miguel
22-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I could even bring along a printout of the website for them. ;)
If it's on The Internet it must be true! :eek:

frog
30-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for pointing out the error on the website. the Honour boards which have been updated in the last week reflect the true picture.

I will get our hardworking SACA Webmaster who does an excellent job to correct the mistake.

Regards to ALL

frog
07-12-2007, 09:52 AM
hi All,

SACA Website has been updated and shows Alex Sykes as the 2007 SA Champion.

Aaron won the City Of Adelaide competition which is also a very important tourney in SA but after many years of trying Alex Sykes definitely did win the SA Championship.

regards

Capablanca-Fan
14-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Interesting, thanks!

Don't let Aaron or Jono see your fianchettod bishop behind a stationary and blocked e5 pawn ;) They'll have fits and you'll never hear the end of it!
That would depend. True, most of my games where I fianchetto I leave the diag open, since it is a key attacking piece in the Benkő Gambit. But in the KID, it provides a useful function by encouraging White to play d5 so Black can attack the fixed pawn chain with f5. And the g6 pawn plays an important role in that, otherwise White can often play exf5, and when Black has to recapture with a piece not a P, White sinks a N on e4 and dominates the game. To a lesser extent, the B discourages White from f4 which would open up the diag.

Miguel
09-06-2008, 07:38 PM
The Queen's Bithrday tournament was held over the long weekend. Unfortunately, despite the novel start times, the turnout was rather low (about 15 entries).

Final standings:
1st Srboljub Zaric 5.0/6
2nd Bill Kerr 4.5
=3rd Edgar Mdinaradze, Mato Jelic 4.0

My best game was probably against junior Alistair Cameron in round 5. Alistair sacrificed the exchange in the opening for an interesting initiative which led to a tense middlegame including three draw offers (me, him, me). He then walked into a knight fork losing the other exchange, but still managed to tenaciously hold his position together. Then after a mutual time scramble we reached a position like this:

7k/6p1/5pKp/2r2B1P/1b4P1/8/8/8 b - - 0 1
Clearly White wants to entrench himself, but I dug him out with:
1... Rxf5! 2.gxf5 Bc5 3.Kf7 Kh7 4.Ke6 Kg8 5.Kd5 Ba3 6.Ke6 Bb4 7.Kd5 Kf7 8.Kc6 Ke7 9.Kc7 g5!

george
11-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Hi Miguel,

Looks like the 3 day format didnt work but Bill wanted to give it a try. Next year back to a two day event - we sometimes tweak things to see if we can improve - sometimes it works sometimes not.

Kindest regards

Brian_Jones
11-06-2008, 10:22 AM
George. Can you get the SP files emailed to me for GP scoring please! :)

Thanks Bill (Anderson-Smith)

MichaelBaron
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
The Queen's Bithrday tournament was held over the long weekend. Unfortunately, despite the novel start times, the turnout was rather low (about 15 entries).

Final standings:
1st Srboljub Zaric 5.0/6
2nd Bill Kerr 4.5
=3rd Edgar Mdinaradze, Mato Jelic 4.0

My best game was probably against junior Alistair Cameron in round 5. Alistair sacrificed the exchange in the opening for an interesting initiative which led to a tense middlegame including three draw offers (me, him, me). He then walked into a knight fork losing the other exchange, but still managed to tenaciously hold his position together. Then after a mutual time scramble we reached a position like this:

7k/6p1/5pKp/2r2B1P/1b4P1/8/8/8 b - - 0 1
Clearly White wants to entrench himself, but I dug him out with:
1... Rxf5! 2.gxf5 Bc5 3.Kf7 Kh7 4.Ke6 Kg8 5.Kd5 Ba3 6.Ke6 Bb4 7.Kd5 Kf7 8.Kc6 Ke7 9.Kc7 g5!

there are many better solutions as well :)
for example black can place rook on e5 at some point after bringing king to g8 and see what white is going to do :)or bring king all the way to f4...or....

Miguel
12-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Looks like the 3 day format didnt work but Bill wanted to give it a try. Next year back to a two day event - we sometimes tweak things to see if we can improve - sometimes it works sometimes not.
It was worth a try but, with a time control of 3600+10, the games are quick enough to be comfortably held over two days.

Miguel
12-06-2008, 12:42 PM
there are many better solutions as well :)
for example black can place rook on e5 at some point after bringing king to g8 and see what white is going to do :)or bring king all the way to f4...or....
Yeah, those plans work too (but ...Rxf5 is the only one I saw) :)

sleepless
12-06-2008, 09:01 PM
It was worth a try but, with a time control of 3600+10, the games are quick enough to be comfortably held over two days.

It would have been interesting to have 90 30 over the three days as it would have been a good experience for the juniors that played. I don't know why SACA completely locks the lower to moderately rated players out of that time control.

george
13-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi Sleepless,

Ask Bill next time you see him - he is SACA Tournament Director.

kindest regards

george
14-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi sleepless,

Please see the City of Adelaide entryform now available in the CC.

You have an opportunity to play in a longer time control tourney.

Looking forward to seeing your entry.

kindest regards

sleepless
14-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks George. I'll thank Bill next time I see him too.

Oepty
19-07-2008, 08:30 PM
The SA junior championships were played on Thursday and Friday. Fabian Ivancic won the title with a perfect score of 8/8. Tom Milton won the under 16 title with 6/8. Sophie Eustace won the under 15 with 5.5/8. Alistair Cameron and Natasha Bortsova shared the uncer 14 title.
The Under 12 tounament was won by recent ex-Victorian Punala Kiripitige also with a perfect score, 10/10. James Bowditch finished second with 8/10.
A very good result by Fabian following up from his equal first in the Freytag Checkmate Challenger tournament, making an unbeaten 14/15 in the two tournaments. Punala also was quite impressive and won most of his games quite easily, although Natasha Bortsova who would have been his main rival for the title played in the under 18 tournament.
Scott

Miguel
20-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Cross tables for junior championships: U18 (http://www.sajuniorchess.org/tournaments/results/u18Standings.htm) U12 (http://www.sajuniorchess.org/tournaments/results/u12Standings2008.htm)

george
21-07-2008, 11:43 AM
hi all,

Great to see Tom Milton back playing as he is a real talent.

kindest regards

Oepty
21-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Cross tables for junior championships: U18 (http://www.sajuniorchess.org/tournaments/results/u18Standings.htm) U12 (http://www.sajuniorchess.org/tournaments/results/u12Standings2008.htm)

Thanks Miguel for posting the link. I admitted to say that the Timothy Selvanderan and Sean Liew shared the under 13 title.

The state uder 11, 10, 9 and Girls championships will be played in the next school holidays as well as an under 18 tournament.

I agree with George about Tom Milton, a lot of talent, but he is not the only one in the top group, I really think a few of them will emerge to be very good players in the next couple of years. They are all great as well, you really couldn't hope for a better bunch.
Scott

William AS
22-04-2009, 07:59 PM
April Rapid 2009 - Final Crosstable

Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 Cameron, Alistair 1746 5 2:W 7:D 19:W 8:W 3:D 6:W
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1899 5 1:L 10:W 22:W 12:W 4:W 3:W
3 Srdic, Goran 2000 4.5 12:W 13:W 4:W 7:W 1:D 2:L
4 Paprzycki, Eryk 1681 4 20:W 9:W 3:L 6:W 2:L 11:W
5 Howard, George 1662 4 9:L 18:W 16:W 11:W 6:L 8:W
6 Regoeng, Rapula 1685 3.5 18:W 11:W 8:D 4:L 5:W 1:L
7 Sykes, Alexander K I 1785 3.5 22:W 1:D 13:W 3:L 8:L 14:W
8 Maeze, Gosego 3.5 16:W 17:W 6:D 1:L 7:W 5:L
9 Worthley, Stephen 1379 3.5 5:W 4:L 12:L 10:D 17:W 15:W
10 Turcaj, Pavel 1504 3.5 19:D 2:L 18:D 9:D 20:W 16:W
11 Kramer, Warren 1264 3 14:W 6:L 17:W 5:L 12:W 4:L
12 Staak, Eric 1478 3 3:L 20:W 9:W 2:L 11:L 17:W
13 Haydn, Gavin 1481 3 21:W 3:L 7:L 22:W 14:L 19:W
14 Ajith, Chol Solomon 1715 3 11:L 19:L 21:W 16:W 13:W 7:L
15 Daenke, Stephen 863 2.5 17:L 16:L 20:D 21:W 19:W 9:L
16 Mading, John Thon 1504 2 8:L 15:W 5:L 14:L 22:W 10:L
17 Ivkovic, Novica 1596 2 15:W 8:L 11:L 19:W 9:L 12:L
18 Atrens, Karlis 1076 2 6:L 5:L 10:D 20:L 21:D 22:W
19 Cameron, Lachlan 996 1.5 10:D 14:W 1:L 17:L 15:L 13:L
20 Lower, Kevin 938 1.5 4:L 12:L 15:D 18:W 10:L 21:L
21 Selvanderan, Timothy 653 1.5 13:L 22:L 14:L 15:L 18:D 20:W
22 Vuckov, George 1188 1 7:L 21:W 2:L 13:L 16:L 18:L

by Swiss Perfect (TM) www.swissperfect.com

Congratulations to Edgar Mdinaradze and Alistair Cameron. Rising star Alistair continues to be a serious threat in Rapid Chess Events.
Next Tuesday will be a 5 round Allegro [15 minutes on the clock to each player]. Tuesday May 5 will be the first round of the interclub matches, if you want to play in A or B grade, now is the time to contact your local chess club. For further information go to www.sachess.org

Desmond
23-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Seems a bit unusual that Cameron & Mdinaradze met in the first round. Was there a reason for that? Their opponents not showing up, for instance?

William AS
23-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Seems a bit unusual that Cameron & Mdinaradze met in the first round. Was there a reason for that? Their opponents not showing up, for instance?
The rookie arbiter [first tournament on his own and he has been forgiven for this minor glitch] accidentally used the December rating files at the start of the tournament instead of the March rating files [this was corrected later]. For most players this made no practical difference but rising star Alistair's December and March ratings are vastly different. Fortunately there were enough rounds for it all to come out in the wash.

William AS
29-04-2009, 12:53 AM
April Allegro 2009 - Final

Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5

1 Srdic, Goran 2000 4.5 20:W 3:W 6:W 2:D 5:W
2 Kelly, John 1691 4.5 23:W 5:W 9:W 1:D 4:W
3 Sykes, Alexander K I 1785 4 24:W 1:L 18:W 7:W 6:W
4 Maeze, Gosego 3.5 17:W 7:D 14:W 9:W 2:L
5 Fiedler, Holger 2399 3 11:W 2:L 8:W 10:W 1:L
6 Zulfic, Fedja 1765 3 25:W 12:W 1:L 11:W 3:L
7 Regoeng, Rapula 1685 3 21:W 4:D 22:W 3:L 8:D
8 Stockhausen, Mark 3 14:D 15:W 5:L 16:W 7:D
9 Juszczynski, Mathew 1856 3 18:W 16:W 2:L 4:L 19:W
10 Ajith, Chol Solomon 1715 3 13:W 14:L 19:W 5:L 17:W
11 Searle, Zachary 1681 3 5:L 23:W 17:W 6:L 16:W
12 Hoff, Michael R 1874 3 19:W 6:L 16:L 15:W 20:W
13 Djelaj, Pasko (George) 1691 3 10:L 24:L 23:W 18:W 14:W
14 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1899 2.5 8:D 10:W 4:L 22:W 13:L
15 Low, Brandon 1210 2.5 22:D 8:L 24:W 12:L 25:W
16 Paprzycki, Eryk 1681 2 26:W 9:L 12:W 8:L 11:L
17 Staak, Eric 1478 2 4:L 21:W 11:L 23:W 10:L
18 Haydn, Gavin 1481 2 9:L 26:W 3:L 13:L 22:W
19 Mading, John Thon 1504 2 12:L 25:W 10:L 24:W 9:L
20 Ivkovic, Novica 1596 2 1:L 22:L 21:W 25:W 12:L
21 Selvanderan, Timothy 653 2 7:L 17:L 20:L 26:W 24:W
22 Lutley, Philip 1778 1.5 15:D 20:W 7:L 14:L 18:L
23 Lower, Kevin 938 1 2:L 11:L 13:L 17:L 26:W
24 Muslem, Ranin 1 3:L 13:W 15:L 19:L 21:L
25 Vuckov, George 1188 1 6:L 19:L 26:W 20:L 15:L
26 Kheraibot, Lameah 0 16:L 18:L 25:L 21:L 23:L

Holger Fiedler has finally been brought down to earth [he has been telling us it could not last]. Great result for Goran Srdic and John Kelly. Good solid field and nice to see some new players entering.

William AS
06-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Interclub A Grade 2009
Round 1 Results

Modbury Massacre 2˝ Modbury Marauders 1˝

Norwood Red 2˝ Norwood Blue 1˝

Matisons 3˝ ABZS ˝

Adelaide 2 Grasshoppers 2

Knights & Bytes 2 Tal On 2

Interclub B Grade 2009
Round 1 Results

Knights & Bytes Lions 0 Knights & Bytes Tigers 4

Norwood White 2 Norwood Black 2

Modbury 2 Adelaide 2

William AS
16-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Interclub A Grade Round 2 Results

Modbury Marauders 1 Tal On 3
Grasshoppers 2 Knights & Bytes 2
ABZS 0 Adelaide 4
Norwood Blue 1˝ Matisons 2˝
Modbury Massacre 3˝ Norwood Red ˝
Progress
Adelaide 6, Modbury Massacre 6, Matisons 6, Tal On 5, Grasshoppers 4,
Knights & Bytes 4, Norwood Red 3, Norwood Blue 3, Modbury Marauders 2˝,
ABZS ˝

Interclub B Grade Round 2 Results

Knights & Bytes Tigers 2 Norwood White 2
Modbury 3˝ Knights & Bytes Lions ˝
Adelaide 2˝ Norwood Black 1˝
Progress
Knights & Bytes Tigers 6, Modbury 5˝, Adelaide 4˝, Norwood White 4,
Norwood Black 3˝, Knights & Bytes Lions ˝

William AS
21-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Modbury Chess Club leads in both A grade and B grade.

Interclub A Grade Round 3 Results

Norwood Red 1˝ Modbury Marauders 2˝
Matisons 1 Modbury Massacre 3
Adelaide 2˝ Norwood Blue 1˝
Knights & Bytes 3 ABZS 1
Tal On 1˝ Grasshoppers 2˝
Progress
Modbury Massacre 9, Adelaide 8˝, Knights & Bytes 7, Matisons 7,
Tal On 6˝, Grasshoppers 6˝, Modbury Marauders 5, Norwood Red 4˝,
Norwood Blue 4˝ , ABZS 1˝

Interclub B Grade Round 3 Results

Knights & Bytes Lions 0 Adelaide 4
Norwood White ˝ Modbury 3˝
Norwood Black 2 Knights & Bytes Tigers 2
Progress
Modbury 9, Adelaide 8˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 8, Norwood Black 5˝,
Norwood White 4˝, Knights & Bytes Lions ˝

William AS
27-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Adelaide demonstrated they are the real deal in A grade by defeating the leaders Modbury Massacre 3.5 - 0.5 relegating Modbury Massacre back to second place. Adelaide now lead by 2.5 points! In B grade Modbury also has a dominating lead of 2.5 points!

Interclub A Grade Round 4 Results

Modbury Marauders 2˝ Grasshoppers 1˝
ABZS 3 Tal On 1
Norwood Blue 2˝ Knights & Bytes 1˝
Modbury Massacre ˝ Adelaide 3˝
Norwood Red 2˝ Matisons 1˝
Progress
Adelaide 12, Modbury Massacre 9˝, Knights & Bytes 8˝,
Matisons 8˝, Grasshoppers 8, Tal On 7˝, Modbury Marauders 7˝,
Norwood Red 7, Norwood Blue 7, ABZS 4˝

Interclub B Grade Round 4 Results

Adelaide 2 Knights & Bytes Tigers 2
Modbury 4 Norwood Black 0
Knights & Bytes Lions 1˝ Norwood White 2˝
Progress
Modbury 13, Adelaide 10˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 10,
Norwood White 7, Norwood Black 5˝, Knights & Bytes Lions 2

William AS
01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Round 1 A Grade games now available on the SACA web site at www.sachess.org

Reminder;
Queen's Birthday Weekender this coming weekend. Entry forms and information available on the SACA web site, enter now, will be at great tournament, players of all levels of experience welcome.

Phil
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
April Allegro 2009 - Final

Cross Table

1 Srdic, Goran 2000 4.5 20:W 3:W 6:W 2:D 5:W
2 Kelly, John 1691 4.5 23:W 5:W 9:W 1:D 4:W
3 Sykes, Alexander K I 1785 4 24:W 1:L 18:W 7:W 6:W
4 Maeze, Gosego 3.5 17:W 7:D 14:W 9:W 2:L
5 Fiedler, Holger 2399 3 11:W 2:L 8:W 10:W 1:L
6 Zulfic, Fedja 1765 3 25:W 12:W 1:L 11:W 3:L
7 Regoeng, Rapula 1685 3 21:W 4:D 22:W 3:L 8:D
8 Stockhausen, Mark 3 14:D 15:W 5:L 16:W 7:D
9 Juszczynski, Mathew 1856 3 18:W 16:W 2:L 4:L 19:W
10 Ajith, Chol Solomon 1715 3 13:W 14:L 19:W 5:L 17:W
11 Searle, Zachary 1681 3 5:L 23:W 17:W 6:L 16:W
12 Hoff, Michael R 1874 3 19:W 6:L 16:L 15:W 20:W
13 Djelaj, Pasko (George) 1691 3 10:L 24:L 23:W 18:W 14:W
14 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1899 2.5 8:D 10:W 4:L 22:W 13:L
15 Low, Brandon 1210 2.5 22:D 8:L 24:W 12:L 25:W
16 Paprzycki, Eryk 1681 2 26:W 9:L 12:W 8:L 11:L
17 Staak, Eric 1478 2 4:L 21:W 11:L 23:W 10:L
18 Haydn, Gavin 1481 2 9:L 26:W 3:L 13:L 22:W
19 Mading, John Thon 1504 2 12:L 25:W 10:L 24:W 9:L
20 Ivkovic, Novica 1596 2 1:L 22:L 21:W 25:W 12:L
21 Selvanderan, Timothy 653 2 7:L 17:L 20:L 26:W 24:W
22 Lutley, Philip 1778 1.5 15:D 20:W 7:L 14:L 18:L
23 Lower, Kevin 938 1 2:L 11:L 13:L 17:L 26:W
24 Muslem, Ranin 1 3:L 13:W 15:L 19:L 21:L
25 Vuckov, George 1188 1 6:L 19:L 26:W 20:L 15:L
26 Kheraibot, Lameah 0 16:L 18:L 25:L 21:L 23:L

Holger Fiedler has finally been brought down to earth [he has been telling us it could not last]. Great result for Goran Srdic and John Kelly. Good solid field and nice to see some new players entering.

Not that it matters but I actually won my final round game against Gavin Haydn. The arbiter marked down the result instead of me. I wont make the same mistake twice :)

William AS
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Interclub A Grade Round 5 Results
Matisons 3 Modbury Marauders 1
Adelaide 2˝ Norwood Red 1˝
Knights & Bytes 1˝ Modbury Massacre 2˝
Tal On ˝ Norwood Blue 2˝
Grasshoppers 1 ABZS 3
Progress
Adelaide 14˝, Modbury Massacre 12, Matisons 11˝,
Norwood Blue 10˝, Knights & Bytes 10, Grasshoppers 9,
Modbury Marauders 8˝, Norwood Red 8˝, Tal On 8, ABZS 7˝

Interclub B Grade Round 5 Results
Norwood White 0 Adelaide 4
Norwood Black 3 Knights & Bytes Lions 1
Knights & Bytes Tigers ˝ Modbury 3˝
Progress

Modbury 16˝, Adelaide 14˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 10˝,
Norwood Black 8˝, Norwood White 7, Knights & Bytes Lions 3

sleepless
06-06-2009, 08:55 AM
InterClub A games are now available on the SACA website.

Do some prep for the Queen's Birthday Weekender. :)
Round times: Saturday 12:00pm 2:45pm 5:30pm. Sunday 12:00pm 2:45pm 5:30pm

http://www.sachess.org

Oepty
06-06-2009, 06:47 PM
After 2 rounds of the Queens Birthday Weekender there is 3 players on 2/2, IM Mark Chapman, Matthew Juszczynski and Mato Jelic. Second seed Srbo Zaric is on 1/2 after drawing with improving juniors Fabian Ivancic and Zachary Searle, not really great surprises. Other upsets include Alex Sykes drawing with Mark Stockhausen after deciding that he could not win his winning position in servere time pressure, Mato Jelic beating Ralph Jackson and junior Stuart Nichols holding the higher rated Brent Glascott to a draw.
Scott

William AS
06-06-2009, 10:15 PM
QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY 2009 - Round 3

Cross Table

No Name Loc Id Loc Total 1 2 3

1 Juszczynski, Mathew 5205935 1872 3 15:W 14:W 6:W
2 Searle, Zachary 5208466 1746 2.5 12:W 5:D 9:W
3 Chapman, Mark 5190890 2290 2.5 13:W 8:W 0:D
4 Ivancic, Fabian 5207954 1642 2.5 5:D 13:W 10:W
5 Zaric, Srboljub 5196976 2020 2 4:D 2:D 14:W
6 Jelic, Mato 5200130 1796 2 19:W 7:W 1:L
7 Jackson, Ralph E 2019423 1916 2 11:W 6:L 15:W
8 Mdinaradze, Edgar 5208304 1853 2 18:W 3:L 16:W
9 Sykes, Alexander K I 5198284 1883 1.5 16:W 10:D 2:L
10 Stockhausen, Mark 5212541 1811 1.5 17:W 9:D 4:L
11 Staak, Eric 5208245 1488 1.5 7:L 19:W 0:D
12 Nicholls, Stuart 5211922 775 1.5 2:L 18:D 19:W
13 Cameron, Alistair 5207136 1671 1 3:L 4:L 20:W
14 Lutley, Philip 5204423 1678 1 20:W 1:L 5:L
15 Kramer, Warren 5193362 1335 1 1:L 20:W 7:L
16 Bortsova, Natasha 5211266 1436 1 9:L 17:W 8:L
17 Gupta, Aashray 5211723 1155 1 10:L 16:L 18:W
18 Glascott, Brent 5204720 1215 .5 8:L 12:D 17:L
19 Lower, Kevin 5211594 1051 0 6:L 11:L 12:L
20 Chizhova, Alyona 5212180 498 0 14:L 15:L 13:L

William AS
06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY 2009 - Round 4 Draw

Results

No Name Loc Total Result Name Loc Total

1 Mark Chapman 2290 [2.5] : Mathew Juszczynski 1872 [3]
2 Fabian Ivancic 1642 [2.5] : Zachary Searle 1746 [2.5]
3 Srboljub Zaric 2020 [2] : Ralph E Jackson 1916 [2]
4 Edgar Mdinaradze 1853 [2] : Mark Stockhausen 1811 [1.5]
5 Stuart Nicholls 775 [1.5] : Eric Staak 1488 [1.5]
6 Warren Kramer 1335 [1] : Philip Lutley 1678 [1]
7 Alistair Cameron 1671 [1] : Natasha Bortsova 1436 [1]
8 Aashray Gupta 1155 [1] : Kevin Lower 1051 [0]
9 Alyona Chizhova 498 [0] : Brent Glascott 1215 [.5]
10 Alexander K I Sykes 1883 [1.5] .5:.5 BYE
11 Mato Jelic 1796 [2] .5:.5 BYE

William AS
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY WEEKENDER 2009 - Final Crosstable

Cross Table

1 Chapman, Mark 2290 5.5 11:W 2:W 0:D 4:W 6:W 7:W
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 5 17:W 1:L 12:W 10:W 4:W 6:W
3 Jackson, Ralph E 1916 4.5 15:W 9:L 18:W 7:D 11:W 8:W
4 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 4 18:W 13:W 9:W 1:L 2:L 15:W
5 Sykes, Alexander K I 1883 4 12:W 10:D 6:L 0:D 14:W 13:W
6 Searle, Zachary 1746 3.5 16:W 7:D 5:W 8:W 1:L 2:L
7 Zaric, Srboljub 2020 3.5 8:D 6:D 13:W 3:D 15:W 1:L
8 Ivancic, Fabian 1642 3.5 7:D 11:W 10:W 6:L 9:W 3:L
9 Jelic, Mato 1796 3.5 19:W 3:W 4:L 0:D 8:L 16:W
10 Stockhausen, Mark 1811 3 14:W 5:D 8:L 2:L 16:D 18:W
11 Cameron, Alistair 1671 3 1:L 8:L 20:W 12:W 3:L 17:W
12 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 3 5:L 14:W 2:L 11:L 18:W 19:W
13 Lutley, Philip 1678 3 20:W 4:L 7:L 18:W 17:W 5:L
14 Gupta, Aashray 1155 3 10:L 12:L 17:W 19:W 5:L 20:W
15 Staak, Eric 1488 2.5 3:L 19:W 0:D 16:W 7:L 4:L
16 Nicholls, Stuart 775 2 6:L 17:D 19:W 15:L 10:D 9:L
17 Glascott, Brent 1215 1.5 2:L 16:D 14:L 20:W 13:L 11:L
18 Kramer, Warren 1335 1 4:L 20:W 3:L 13:L 12:L 10:L
19 Lower, Kevin 1051 1 9:L 15:L 16:L 14:L 20:W 12:L
20 Chizhova, Alyona 498 0 13:L 18:L 11:L 17:L 19:L 14:L

William AS
10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Interclub A Grade Round 6 Results
Modbury Marauders 3˝ ABZS ˝
Norwood Blue 2˝ Grasshoppers 1˝
Modbury Massacre 3 Tal On 1
Norwood Red 2˝ Knights & Bytes 1˝
Matisons ˝p Adelaide 2˝p
Progress
Adelaide 17*, Modbury Massacre 15, Norwood Blue 13, Matisons 12*,
Modbury Marauders 12,Knights & Bytes 11˝, Norwood Red 11,
Grasshoppers 10˝, Tal On 9, ABZS 8. *1 Postponed game.

Interclub B Grade Round 6 Results
Adelaide 2 Modbury 2
Norwood Black 2 Norwood White 2
Knights & Bytes Tigers 1 Knights & Bytes Lions 2
Progress
Modbury 18˝, Adelaide 16˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 11˝,
Norwood Black 10˝, Norwood White 9, Knights & Bytes Lions 5.

William AS
17-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Interclub A Grade Round 7 Results

Adelaide 2˝ Modbury Marauders 1˝
Tal On 1˝ Norwood Red 2˝
Knights & Bytes 0 Matisons 4
ABZS 3 Norwood Blue 1
Grasshoppers 0 Modbury Massacre 4
Progress
Adelaide 20˝*, Modbury Massacre 19, Matisons 16*, Norwood Blue 14,
Modbury Marauders 13˝, Norwood Red 13˝, Knights & Bytes 11˝,
ABZS 11, Grasshoppers 10˝, Tal On 10˝. *1 Postponed game.

Interclub B Grade Round 7 Results
Norwood Black 2 Adelaide 2
Norwood White 2˝ Knights & Bytes Tigers 1˝
Knights & Bytes Lions ˝ Modbury 3˝
Progress
Modbury 22, Adelaide 18˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 13,
Norwood Black 12˝, Norwood White 11˝, Knights & Bytes Lions 5˝.

William AS
24-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Interclub A Grade Round 8 Results
Modbury Marauders 2 Norwood Blue 2
Modbury Massacre 1 ABZS 3
Norwood Red 1 Grasshoppers 3
Matisons 2 Tal On 2
Adelaide 2˝ Knights & Bytes 1˝
Progress
Adelaide 23*, Modbury Massacre 20, Matisons 18*,
Norwood Blue 16, Modbury Marauders 15˝, Norwood Red 14˝,
Knights & Bytes 13, ABZS 14, Grasshoppers 13˝, Tal On 12˝.
*1 Postponed game.

Interclub B Grade Round 8 Results
Adelaide 3 Knights & Bytes Lions 1
Modbury 3 Norwood White 1
Norwood Black 3 Knights & Bytes Tigers 1
Progress
Modbury 25, Adelaide 21˝, Norwood Black 15˝,
Knights & Bytes Tigers 14, Norwood White 12˝, Knights & Bytes Lions 6˝.

William AS
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Final Results of Interclub Matches

Very good result by Adelaide in A Grade, special mention must go to their board 4 player Pavel Turcaj who won all nine games :clap: Second were Matisons. Very convincing result by Modbury in B Grade winning with a 5 point margin over second place getters Adelaide. :clap:

Interclub A Grade Round 9 Results
Knights & Bytes 1˝ Modbury Marauders 2˝
Tal On 1 Adelaide 3
Grasshoppers 0 Matisons 4
ABZS 2 Norwood Red 2
Norwood Blue 2 Modbury Massacre 2
Progress
Adelaide 26˝, Matisons 22˝, Modbury Massacre 22,
Modbury Marauders 18, Norwood Blue 18, Norwood Red 16˝, ABZS 16,
Knights & Bytes 14˝, Grasshoppers 13˝, Tal On 13˝.

Interclub B Grade Round 9 Results
Knights & Bytes Tigers 1 Adelaide 3
Norwood Black 0 Modbury 4
Norwood White 0 Knights & Bytes Lions 4
Progress
Modbury 29, Adelaide 24˝, Norwood Black 15˝,
Knights & Bytes Tigers 15,Norwood White 12˝, Knights & Bytes Lions 10˝.

William AS
08-07-2009, 01:08 AM
July Allegro 2009
Final Cross Table

A few hardy survivors from the Freytag tournaments were joined by a number chess addicts looking for their regular Tuesday chess fix in this one night event. Hard fought, but no player was able establish dominance in only 5 rounds. :)

1 Jelic, Mato 1779 4 12:W 5:W 4:W 2:W 3:L
2 Kerr, Bill 1799 4 6:W 10:W 9:W 1:L 5:W
3 Juszczynski, Mathew 1829 4 13:W 9:L 16:W 6:W 1:W
4 Sykes, Alexander K I 1793 4 17:W 8:W 1:L 15:W 9:W
5 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1886 3 16:W 1:L 15:W 7:W 2:L
6 Mading, John Thon 1428 3 2:L 18:W 8:W 3:L 15:W
7 Haydn, Gavin 1457 3 11:L 19:W 10:W 5:L 16:W
8 Ajith, Chol Solomon 1648 3 20:W 4:L 6:L 17:W 11:W
9 Kelly, John 1737 2.5 14:W 3:W 2:L 11:D 4:L
10 Walshe, D Bradley 1665 2.5 18:W 2:L 7:L 14:W 12:D
11 Stockhausen, Mark 1811 2.5 7:W 15:L 17:W 9:D 8:L
12 Glascott, Brent 1126 2.5 1:L 16:L 13:W 19:W 10:D
13 Staak, Eric 1466 2.5 3:L 14:D 12:L 20:W 18:W
14 Vuckov, George 1113 2.5 9:L 13:D 19:W 10:L 17:W
15 Paprzycki, Eryk 1681 2 19:W 11:W 5:L 4:L 6:L
16 Shohani, Ammar 1473 2 5:L 12:W 3:L 18:W 7:L
17 Ballantyne, Martin 1175 1 4:L 20:W 11:L 8:L 14:L
18 Nelson, Ned 167 1 10:L 6:L 20:W 16:L 13:L
19 Whitney, Garth 1067 1 15:L 7:L 14:L 12:L 20:W
20 Vasile, Franko 0 8:L 17:L 18:L 13:L 19:L

See you next Tuesday for the first round of the City of Adelaide Open starting at 7.00pm
Entry forms for the City of Adelaide Open available on the SACA web site www.sachess.org

William AS
15-07-2009, 12:46 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 1 Results

1 Shohani, Ammar 1473 [0] 0:1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [0]
2 Kerr, Bill 1894 [0] 0:1 Haydn, Gavin 1464 [0]
3 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [0] 0:1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [0]
4 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [0] 1:0 Vuckov, George 1237 [0]
5 Daenke, Stephen 1210 [0] 0:1 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [0]
6 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [0] 1:0 Glascott, Brent 1126 [0]
7 Atrens, Karlis 1085 [0] .5:.5 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [0]
8 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [0] 1:0 Branson, Edward 1056 [0]
9 Lower, Kevin 938 [0] 0:1 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [0]
10 Mading, John Thon 1504 [0] 1:0 Whitney, Garth 919 [0]
11 Elliott, Matthew [0] 0:1 Staak, Eric 1478 [0]
12 Fitzsimons, Zachary [0] 1:0 BYE
13 Searle, Zachary 1746 [0] .5:.5 BYE

William AS
15-07-2009, 12:53 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 2 Draw

1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [1] : Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [1]
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [1] : Mading, John Thon 1504 [1]
3 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [1] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [1]
4 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [1] : Fitzsimons, Zachary [1]
5 Staak, Eric 1478 [1] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [1]
6 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [.5] : Searle, Zachary 1746 [.5]
7 Kerr, Bill 1894 [0] : Atrens, Karlis 1085 [.5]
8 Glascott, Brent 1126 [0] : Shohani, Ammar 1473 [0]
9 Branson, Edward 1056 [0] : Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [0]
10 Vuckov, George 1237 [0] : Lower, Kevin 938 [0]
11 Whitney, Garth 919 [0] : Daenke, Stephen 1210 [0]
12 Elliott, Matthew [0] 1:0 BYE
13 Haydn, Gavin 1464 [1] .5:.5 BYE

Looks like my Swiss Gambit may be a little suspect :uhoh: :eek:

William AS
22-07-2009, 12:12 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 2 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2

1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 2 14:W 8:W
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 2 15:W 11:W
3 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 2 16:W 9:W
4 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 2 21:W 12:W
5 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 2 22:W 10:W
6 Haydn, Gavin 1464 1.5 13:W 0:D
7 Searle, Zachary 1746 1.5 0:D 19:W
8 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 1 18:W 1:L
9 Fitzsimons, Zachary 1 0:W 3:L
10 Staak, Eric 1478 1 17:W 5:L
11 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 1 23:W 2:L
12 Mading, John Thon 1504 1 24:W 4:L
13 Kerr, Bill 1894 1 6:L 20:W
14 Shohani, Ammar 1473 1 1:L 22:W
15 Vuckov, George 1237 1 2:L 23:W
16 Daenke, Stephen 1210 1 3:L 24:W
17 Elliott, Matthew 1 10:L 0:W
18 Branson, Edward 1056 1 8:L 21:W
19 Anderson-Smith, William (Bill) 1551 .5 20:D 7:L
20 Atrens, Karlis 1085 .5 19:D 13:L
21 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 0 4:L 18:L
22 Glascott, Brent 1126 0 5:L 14:L
23 Lower, Kevin 938 0 11:L 15:L
24 Whitney, Garth 919 0 12:L 16:L
25 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 0 0:L 0:L

William AS
22-07-2009, 12:28 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 3 Draw

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [2] : Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [2]
2 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [2] : Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [2]
3 Searle, Zachary 1746 [1.5] : Haydn, Gavin 1464 [1.5]
4 Shohani, Ammar 1473 [1] : Kerr, Bill 1894 [1]
5 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [1] : Vuckov, George 1237 [1]
6 Daenke, Stephen 1210 [1] : Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [1]
7 Mading, John Thon 1504 [1] : Elliott, Matthew [1]
8 Fitzsimons, Zachary [1] : Staak, Eric 1478 [1]
9 Atrens, Karlis 1085 [.5] : Branson, Edward 1056 [1]
10 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [0] : Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [.5]
11 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [0] : Glascott, Brent 1126 [0]
12 Lower, Kevin 938 [0] : Whitney, Garth 919 [0]
13 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [2] 0.5:0.5 BYE

William AS
29-07-2009, 12:41 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 3 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 3 7:W 12:W 6:W
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 3 24:W 8:W 5:W
3 Searle, Zachary 1746 2.5 0:D 16:W 11:W
4 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 2.5 13:W 18:W 0:D
5 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 2 25:W 9:W 2:L
6 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 2 15:W 17:W 1:L
7 Vuckov, George 1237 2 1:L 22:W 17:W
8 Mading, John Thon 1504 2 23:W 2:L 19:W
9 Staak, Eric 1478 2 19:W 5:L 18:W
10 Branson, Edward 1056 2 17:L 24:W 21:W
11 Haydn, Gavin 1464 1.5 14:W 0:D 3:L
12 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 1.5 22:W 1:L 13:D
13 Daenke, Stephen 1210 1.5 4:L 23:W 12:D
14 Kerr, Bill 1894 1.5 11:L 21:W 15:D
15 Shohani, Ammar 1473 1.5 6:L 25:W 14:D
16 Anderson-Smith, William (Bill) 1551 1.5 21:D 3:L 24:W
17 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 1 10:W 6:L 7:L
18 Fitzsimons, Zachary 1 0:W 4:L 9:L
19 Elliott, Matthew 1 9:L 0:W 8:L
20 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 1 0:L 0:L 25:W
21 Atrens, Karlis 1085 .5 16:D 14:L 10:L
22 Lower, Kevin 938 .5 12:L 7:L 23:D
23 Whitney, Garth 919 .5 8:L 13:L 22:D
24 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 0 2:L 10:L 16:L
25 Glascott, Brent 1126 0 5:L 15:L 20:L

William AS
29-07-2009, 12:46 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 4 Draw

1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [3] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [3]
2 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [2] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [2.5]
3 Branson, Edward 1056 [2] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [2]
4 Staak, Eric 1478 [2] : Mading, John Thon 1504 [2]
5 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [1.5] : Kerr, Bill 1894 [1.5]
6 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [1.5] : Daenke, Stephen 1210 [1.5]
7 Haydn, Gavin 1464 [1.5] : Shohani, Ammar 1473 [1.5]
8 Fitzsimons, Zachary [1] : Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [1]
9 Elliott, Matthew [1] : Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [1]
10 Whitney, Garth 919 [.5] : Atrens, Karlis 1085 [.5]
11 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [0] : Lower, Kevin 938 [.5]
12 Glascott, Brent 1126 [0] 1:0 BYE
13 Searle, Zachary 1746 [2.5] .5:.5 BYE
14 Vuckov, George 1237 [2] .5:.5 BYE

William AS
05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 4 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 4 8:W 17:W 10:W 3:W
2 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 3.5 12:W 21:W 0:D 10:W
3 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 3 25:W 13:W 4:W 1:L
4 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 3 23:W 6:W 3:L 15:W
5 Searle, Zachary 1746 3 0:D 14:W 7:W 0:D
6 Staak, Eric 1478 3 22:W 4:L 21:W 13:W
7 Haydn, Gavin 1464 2.5 9:W 0:D 5:L 18:W
8 Vuckov, George 1237 2.5 1:L 20:W 11:W 0:D
9 Kerr, Bill 1894 2.5 7:L 19:W 18:D 17:W
10 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 2 18:W 11:W 1:L 2:L
11 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 2 15:W 10:L 8:L 21:+
12 Daenke, Stephen 1210 2 2:L 24:W 17:D 14:D
13 Mading, John Thon 1504 2 24:W 3:L 22:W 6:L
14 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 2 19:D 5:L 25:W 12:D
15 Branson, Edward 1056 2 11:L 25:W 19:W 4:L
16 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 2 0:L 0:L 23:W 22:W
17 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 1.5 20:W 1:L 12:D 9:L
18 Shohani, Ammar 1473 1.5 10:L 23:W 9:D 7:L
19 Atrens, Karlis 1085 1.5 14:D 9:L 15:L 24:W
20 Lower, Kevin 938 1.5 17:L 8:L 24:D 25:W
21 Fitzsimons, Zachary 1 0:W 2:L 6:L 11:-
22 Elliott, Matthew 1 6:L 0:W 13:L 16:L
23 Glascott, Brent 1126 1 4:L 18:L 16:L 0:W
24 Whitney, Garth 919 .5 13:L 12:L 20:D 19:L
25 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 0 3:L 15:L 14:L 20:L

William AS
05-08-2009, 12:40 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 5 Draw (Provisional)

1 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [3.5] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [4]
2 Staak, Eric 1478 [3] : Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [3]
3 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [3] : Searle, Zachary 1746 [3]
4 Kerr, Bill 1894 [2.5] : Vuckov, George 1237 [2.5]
5 Haydn, Gavin 1464 [2.5] : Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [2]
6 Daenke, Stephen 1210 [2] : Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [2]
7 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [2] : Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [2]
8 Mading, John Thon 1504 [2] : Branson, Edward 1056 [2]
9 Atrens, Karlis 1085 [1.5] : Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [1.5]
10 Shohani, Ammar 1473 [1.5] : Lower, Kevin 938 [1.5]
11 Glascott, Brent 1126 [1] : Elliott, Matthew [1]
12 Fitzsimons, Zachary [1] : Whitney, Garth 919 [.5]
13 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [0] 1:0 BYE

William AS
12-08-2009, 12:50 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 5 Cross Table

1 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 4.5 16:W 24:W 0:D 7:W 3:W
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 4 25:W 11:W 4:W 3:L 9:W
3 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 4 12:W 14:W 7:W 2:W 1:L
4 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 4 15:W 9:W 2:L 17:W 8:W
5 Haydn, Gavin 1464 3.5 6:W 0:D 8:L 13:W 18:W
6 Kerr, Bill 1894 3.5 5:L 20:W 13:D 14:W 12:W
7 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 3 13:W 10:W 3:L 1:L 16:W
8 Searle, Zachary 1746 3 0:D 18:W 5:W 0:D 4:L
9 Staak, Eric 1478 3 23:W 4:L 24:W 11:W 2:L
10 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 3 17:W 7:L 12:L 24:+ 19:W
11 Mading, John Thon 1504 3 22:W 2:L 23:W 9:L 17:W
12 Vuckov, George 1237 2.5 3:L 21:W 10:W 0:D 6:L
13 Shohani, Ammar 1473 2.5 7:L 15:W 6:D 5:L 21:W
14 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 2.5 21:W 3:L 16:D 6:L 20:W
15 Glascott, Brent 1126 2 4:L 13:L 19:L 0:W 23:W
16 Daenke, Stephen 1210 2 1:L 22:W 14:D 18:D 7:L
17 Branson, Edward 1056 2 10:L 25:W 20:W 4:L 11:L
18 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 2 20:D 8:L 25:W 16:D 5:L
19 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 2 0:L 0:L 15:W 23:W 10:L
20 Atrens, Karlis 1085 1.5 18:D 6:L 17:L 22:W 14:L
21 Lower, Kevin 938 1.5 14:L 12:L 22:D 25:W 13:L
22 Whitney, Garth 919 1.5 11:L 16:L 21:D 20:L 24:W
23 Elliott, Matthew 1 9:L 0:W 11:L 19:L 15:L
24 Fitzsimons, Zachary 1 0:W 1:L 9:L 10:- 22:L
25 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 1 2:L 17:L 18:L 21:L 0:W

William AS
12-08-2009, 12:53 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 6 Draw

1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [4] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [4.5]
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [4] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [4]
3 Searle, Zachary 1746 [3] : Kerr, Bill 1894 [3.5]
4 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [3] : Haydn, Gavin 1464 [3.5]
5 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [3] : Mading, John Thon 1504 [3]
6 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [2.5] : Staak, Eric 1478 [3]
7 Vuckov, George 1237 [2.5] : Shohani, Ammar 1473 [2.5]
8 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [2] : Glascott, Brent 1126 [2]
9 Branson, Edward 1056 [2] : Daenke, Stephen 1210 [2]
10 Lower, Kevin 938 [1.5] : Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [2]
11 Atrens, Karlis 1085 [1.5] : Fitzsimons, Zachary [1]
12 Elliott, Matthew [1] : Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [1]
13 Whitney, Garth 919 [1.5] 1:0 BYE

sleepless
15-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Round 5 games are now available from the SACA website.
www.sachess.org

William AS
19-08-2009, 12:39 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 6 Cross Table

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 5 16:W 10:W 4:W 2:W 3:L 5:W
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 5 23:W 12:W 5:W 1:L 13:W 3:W
3 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 4.5 20:W 24:W 0:D 4:W 1:W 2:L
4 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 4 9:W 6:W 1:L 3:L 20:W 12:W
5 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 4 21:W 13:W 2:L 14:W 11:W 1:L
6 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 4 14:W 4:L 16:L 24:+ 18:W 7:W
7 Haydn, Gavin 1464 3.5 8:W 0:D 11:L 9:W 15:W 6:L
8 Kerr, Bill 1894 3.5* 7:L 17:W 9:D 10:W 16:W 11:-
9 Shohani, Ammar 1473 3.5 4:L 21:W 8:D 7:L 22:W 16:W
10 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 3.5 22:W 1:L 20:D 8:L 17:W 13:W
11 Searle, Zachary 1746 3* 0:D 15:W 7:W 0:D 5:L 8:-
12 Mading, John Thon 1504 3 19:W 2:L 25:W 13:L 14:W 4:L
13 Staak, Eric 1478 3 25:W 5:L 24:W 12:W 2:L 10:L
14 Branson, Edward 1056 3 6:L 23:W 17:W 5:L 12:L 20:W
15 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 3 17:D 11:L 23:W 20:D 7:L 21:W
16 Vuckov, George 1237 2.5 1:L 22:W 6:W 0:D 8:L 9:L
17 Atrens, Karlis 1085 2.5 15:D 8:L 14:L 19:W 10:L 24:W
18 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 2.5 0:L 0:L 21:W 25:W 6:L 22:D
19 Whitney, Garth 919 2.5 12:L 20:L 22:D 17:L 24:W 0:W
20 Daenke, Stephen 1210 2 3:L 19:W 10:D 15:D 4:L 14:L
21 Glascott, Brent 1126 2 5:L 9:L 18:L 0:W 25:W 15:L
22 Lower, Kevin 938 2 10:L 16:L 19:D 23:W 9:L 18:D
23 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 2 2:L 14:L 15:L 22:L 0:W 25:W
24 Fitzsimons, Zachary 1 0:W 3:L 13:L 6:- 19:L 17:L
25 Elliott, Matthew 1 13:L 0:W 12:L 18:L 21:L 23:L

* Postponed game

William AS
19-08-2009, 12:48 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 7 Draw

1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [4] : Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [5]
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [5] : Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [4]
3 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [4.5] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [4]
4 Haydn, Gavin 1464 [3.5] : Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [3.5]
5 Mading, John Thon 1504 [3] : Kerr, Bill 1894 [3.5*]
6 Shohani, Ammar 1473 [3.5] : Branson, Edward 1056 [3]
7 Staak, Eric 1478 [3] : Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [3]
8 Searle, Zachary 1746 [3*] : Atrens, Karlis 1085 [2.5]
9 Whitney, Garth 919 [2.5] : Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [2.5]
10 Vuckov, George 1237 [2.5] : Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [2]
11 Glascott, Brent 1126 [2] : Daenke, Stephen 1210 [2]
12 Fitzsimons, Zachary [1] : Elliott, Matthew [1]
13 Lower, Kevin 938 [2] 1:0 BYE

*Postponed game

William AS
26-08-2009, 12:24 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 7 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 6 11:W 12:W 4:W 5:W 2:L 8:W 9:W
2 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 5.5 17:W 24:W 0:D 4:W 1:W 5:L 8:W
3 Kerr, Bill 1894 5.5 6:L 20:W 7:D 12:W 11:W 10:+ 16:W
4 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 5 7:W 9:W 1:L 2:L 17:W 16:W 5:W
5 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 5 23:W 16:W 8:W 1:L 13:W 2:W 4:L
6 Haydn, Gavin 1464 4.5 3:W 0:D 10:L 7:W 14:W 9:L 12:W
7 Shohani, Ammar 1473 4.5 4:L 22:W 3:D 6:L 18:W 11:W 19:W
8 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 4 22:W 13:W 5:L 19:W 10:W 1:L 2:L
9 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 4 19:W 4:L 11:L 24:+ 15:W 6:W 1:L
10 Searle, Zachary 1746 4 0:D 14:W 6:W 0:D 8:L 3:- 20:W
11 Vuckov, George 1237 3.5 1:L 18:W 9:W 0:D 3:L 7:L 23:W
12 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 3.5 18:W 1:L 17:D 3:L 20:W 13:W 6:L
13 Staak, Eric 1478 3.5 25:W 8:L 24:W 16:W 5:L 12:L 14:D
14 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 3.5 20:D 10:L 23:W 17:D 6:L 22:W 13:D
15 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 3.5 0:L 0:L 22:W 25:W 9:L 18:D 21:W
16 Mading, John Thon 1504 3 21:W 5:L 25:W 13:L 19:W 4:L 3:L
17 Daenke, Stephen 1210 3 2:L 21:W 12:D 14:D 4:L 19:L 22:W
18 Lower, Kevin 938 3 12:L 11:L 21:D 23:W 7:L 15:D 0:W
19 Branson, Edward 1056 3 9:L 23:W 20:W 8:L 16:L 17:W 7:L
20 Atrens, Karlis 1085 2.5 14:D 3:L 19:L 21:W 12:L 24:W 10:L
21 Whitney, Garth 919 2.5 16:L 17:L 18:D 20:L 24:W 0:W 15:L
22 Glascott, Brent 1126 2 8:L 7:L 15:L 0:W 25:W 14:L 17:L
23 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 2 5:L 19:L 14:L 18:L 0:W 25:W 11:L
24 Fitzsimons, Zachary 2 0:W 2:L 13:L 9:- 21:L 20:L 25:+
25 Elliott, Matthew 1 13:L 0:W 16:L 15:L 22:L 23:L 24:-

William AS
26-08-2009, 12:27 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 8 Draw

1 Kerr, Bill 1894 [5.5] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [6]
2 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [5.5] : Shohani, Ammar 1473 [4.5]
3 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [5] : Haydn, Gavin 1464 [4.5]
4 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [4] : Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [5]
5 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [4] : Searle, Zachary 1746 [4]
6 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [3.5] : Vuckov, George 1237 [3.5]
7 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [3.5] : Staak, Eric 1478 [3.5]
8 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [3.5] : Mading, John Thon 1504 [3]
9 Daenke, Stephen 1210 [3] : Lower, Kevin 938 [3]
10 Branson, Edward 1056 [3] : Elliott, Matthew [1]
11 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [2] : Whitney, Garth 919 [2.5]
12 Fitzsimons, Zachary [2] : Glascott, Brent 1126 [2]
13 Atrens, Karlis 1085 [2.5] 1:0 BYE

sleepless
28-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Round 7 games are now available from the SACA website.
www.sachess.org

William AS
02-09-2009, 12:34 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 8 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 7 16:W 10:W 4:W 3:W 2:L 7:W 6:W 5:W
2 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 6.5 14:W 21:W 0:D 4:W 1:W 3:L 7:W 9:W
3 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 6 23:W 18:W 7:W 1:L 13:W 2:W 4:L 8:W
4 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 5.5 9:W 6:W 1:L 2:L 14:W 18:W 3:W 7:D
5 Kerr, Bill 1894 5.5 8:L 17:W 9:D 10:W 16:W 12:+ 18:W 1:L
6 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 5 20:W 4:L 16:L 21:+ 15:W 8:W 1:L 12:W
7 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 4.5 24:W 13:W 3:L 20:W 12:W 1:L 2:L 4:D
8 Haydn, Gavin 1464 4.5 5:W 0:D 12:L 9:W 11:W 6:L 10:W 3:L
9 Shohani, Ammar 1473 4.5 4:L 24:W 5:D 8:L 19:W 16:W 20:W 2:L
10 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 4.5 19:W 1:L 14:D 5:L 17:W 13:W 8:L 18:W
11 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 4.5 17:D 12:L 23:W 14:D 8:L 24:W 13:D 16:W
12 Searle, Zachary 1746 4 0:D 11:W 8:W 0:D 7:L 5:- 17:W 6:L
13 Staak, Eric 1478 4 25:W 7:L 21:W 18:W 3:L 10:L 11:D 15:D
14 Daenke, Stephen 1210 4 2:L 22:W 10:D 11:D 4:L 20:L 24:W 19:W
15 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 4 0:L 0:L 24:W 25:W 6:L 19:D 22:W 13:D
16 Vuckov, George 1237 3.5 1:L 19:W 6:W 0:D 5:L 9:L 23:W 11:L
17 Atrens, Karlis 1085 3.5 11:D 5:L 20:L 22:W 10:L 21:W 12:L 0:W
18 Mading, John Thon 1504 3 22:W 3:L 25:W 13:L 20:W 4:L 5:L 10:L
19 Lower, Kevin 938 3 10:L 16:L 22:D 23:W 9:L 15:D 0:W 14:L
20 Branson, Edward 1056 3 6:L 23:W 17:W 7:L 18:L 14:W 9:L 25:L
21 Fitzsimons, Zachary 3 0:W 2:L 13:L 6:- 22:L 17:L 25:+ 24:+
22 Whitney, Garth 919 3 18:L 14:L 19:D 17:L 21:W 0:W 15:L 23:D
23 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 2.5 3:L 20:L 11:L 19:L 0:W 25:W 16:L 22:D
24 Glascott, Brent 1126 2 7:L 9:L 15:L 0:W 25:W 11:L 14:L 21:-
25 Elliott, Matthew 2 13:L 0:W 18:L 15:L 24:L 23:L 21:- 20:W

William AS
02-09-2009, 12:52 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 9 Draw (Final Round)

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 [7] : Anderson-Smith, William 1551 [4.5]
2 Kerr, Bill 1894 [5.5] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 [6.5]
3 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 [6] : Ivkovic, Novica 1542 [5]
4 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 [5.5] : Turcaj, Pavel 1530 [4.5]
5 Shohani, Ammar 1473 [4.5] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 [4.5]
6 Haydn, Gavin 1464 [4.5] : Daenke, Stephen 1210 [4]
7 Searle, Zachary 1746 [4] : Bortsova, Natasha 1436 [4]
8 Staak, Eric 1478 [4] : Atrens, Karlis 1085 [3.5]
9 Vuckov, George 1237 [3.5] : Fitzsimons, Zachary [3]
10 Mading, John Thon 1504 [3] : Fitzpatrick, James 1401 [2.5]
11 Lower, Kevin 938 [3] : Glascott, Brent 1126 [2]
12 Whitney, Garth 919 [3] : Elliott, Matthew [2]
13 Branson, Edward 1056 [3] 1:0 BYE

Could be an interesting last round but Edgar Mdinaradze must be short odds on as he
meets this bunny :eek: :rolleyes: :( this last round. ;)

george
02-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi Bill,

You can take him Bill - break his heart and beat him mate!

sleepless
05-09-2009, 08:26 AM
The last round of the City of Adelaide Open will be played this Tuesday evening. Round 8 match pgns are now available.

The Pennant teams' competition begins the following Tuesday. We can find a team for you if you are not aligned to a club. Social or internet players who would like to dip their toes into the world of over the board chess are especially welcome. Details are on the website.

http://sachess.org/

William AS
09-09-2009, 12:43 AM
City of Adelaide 2009
Round 9 Cross Table (Final)

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1853 7.5 14:W 10:W 5:W 2:W 3:L 13:W 8:W 4:W 11:D
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1872 7 19:W 20:W 13:W 1:L 12:W 3:W 5:L 6:W 8:W
3 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1764 6.5 15:W 23:W 0:D 5:W 1:W 2:L 13:W 7:W 4:L
4 Kerr, Bill 1894 6.5 6:L 18:W 7:D 10:W 14:W 9:+ 20:W 1:L 3:W
5 Cloudsdale, Colin 1928 6 7:W 8:W 1:L 3:L 15:W 20:W 2:W 13:D 10:D
6 Haydn, Gavin 1464 5.5 4:W 0:D 9:L 7:W 11:W 8:L 10:W 2:L 15:W
7 Shohani, Ammar 1473 5.5 5:L 22:W 4:D 6:L 21:W 14:W 17:W 3:L 13:W
8 Ivkovic, Novica 1542 5 17:W 5:L 14:L 23:+ 16:W 6:W 1:L 9:W 2:L
9 Searle, Zachary 1746 5 0:D 11:W 6:W 0:D 13:L 4:- 18:W 8:L 16:W
10 Turcaj, Pavel 1530 5 21:W 1:L 15:D 4:L 18:W 12:W 6:L 20:W 5:D
11 Anderson-Smith, William 1551 5 18:D 9:L 19:W 15:D 6:L 22:W 12:D 14:W 1:D
12 Staak, Eric 1478 5 24:W 13:L 23:W 20:W 2:L 10:L 11:D 16:D 18:W
13 Paprzycki, Eryk 1556 4.5 22:W 12:W 2:L 17:W 9:W 1:L 3:L 5:D 7:L
14 Vuckov, George 1237 4.5 1:L 21:W 8:W 0:D 4:L 7:L 19:W 11:L 23:W
15 Daenke, Stephen 1210 4 3:L 25:W 10:D 11:D 5:L 17:L 22:W 21:W 6:L
16 Bortsova, Natasha 1436 4 0:L 0:L 22:W 24:W 8:L 21:D 25:W 12:D 9:L
17 Branson, Edward 1056 4 8:L 19:W 18:W 13:L 20:L 15:W 7:L 24:L 0:W
18 Atrens, Karlis 1085 3.5 11:D 4:L 17:L 25:W 10:L 23:W 9:L 0:W 12:L
19 Fitzpatrick, James 1401 3.5 2:L 17:L 11:L 21:L 0:W 24:W 14:L 25:D 20:W
20 Mading, John Thon 1504 3 25:W 2:L 24:W 12:L 17:W 5:L 4:L 10:L 19:L
21 Lower, Kevin 938 3 10:L 14:L 25:D 19:W 7:L 16:D 0:W 15:L 22:L
22 Glascott, Brent 1126 3 13:L 7:L 16:L 0:W 24:W 11:L 15:L 23:- 21:W
23 Fitzsimons, Zachary 3 0:W 3:L 12:L 8:- 25:L 18:L 24:+ 22:+ 14:L
24 Elliott, Matthew 3 12:L 0:W 20:L 16:L 22:L 19:L 23:- 17:W 25:W
25 Whitney, Garth 919 3 20:L 15:L 21:D 18:L 23:W 0:W 16:L 19:D 24:L

Very good result by Edgar Mdinaradze only needing to draw his final game against
W. Anderson-Smith :) :) :) after Anand Thiyagarajah lost to Bill Kerr.

Vlad
10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Just wandering if anybody has contact details of Fedja Zulfic. Thanks.

george
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi,
Fedja is in Europe as far as i know enjoying a holiday and the wildlife:) .

There are others who see your post who may know more.

george
10-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Bill,
You did very well in that field and getting a draw against Edgar - what can you say - sometimes the chessgods smile:) .

Gavin did very well and a big boost in his ratings must surely be just around the corner.

I'm unfortunately only going to be a reserve in the upcoming Pennant series as i will be away in new zealand in second half of October but hope to play in the upcoming weekender.

See ya soon!

sleepless
12-09-2009, 07:10 AM
City of Adelaide Open pgns are now complete and available.

www.sachess.org

sleepless
14-09-2009, 08:26 PM
A tentative Pennant Chess draw is now available on the SACA website.

www.sachess.org

Oepty
14-09-2009, 10:20 PM
A tentative Pennant Chess draw is now available on the SACA website.

www.sachess.org

Thank you

William AS
16-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Interclub Pennant Division 1 - Round 1 Results

Adelaide 3 Grasshoppers 1
Matisons 4 Knights & Bytes 0
Modbury Marauders 2˝ Modbury Massacre 1˝
Norwood Red 1 Norwood Blue 3Progress
Matisons 4, Adelaide 3, Norwood Blue 3, Modbury Marauders 2˝,
Modbury Massacre 1˝, Norwood Red 1, Grasshoppers 1, Knights & Bytes 0.

Interclub Pennant Division 2 - Round 1 Results

Adelaide 2˝ ABZS 1˝
Knights & Bytes Lions 1 Knights & Bytes Tigers 2
Norwood Grey 3 Norwood Black 1
Modbury Bison 1˝ Modbury Barons 2˝
Progress
Norwood Grey 3, Adelaide 2˝, Modbury Barons 2˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 2,
ABZS 1˝, Modbury Bison 1˝, Norwood Black 1, Knights & Bytes Lions 1.

sleepless
20-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Game pgns for last Tuesday's first round matches are available from the SACA site.

www.sachess.org

george
23-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Bill,

I had to play A grade last night and i won very quickly so that was OK except I dont like winning on my opponents elementary mistake and the game finished in 15 mins - felt like asking for my money back.

Anyway , everyone missed you (hope you get better soon) and I got the message from Roland re cleanup - if Alan approaches me for help hopefully we can make sure only the rubbish gets thrown out.

Stan is still recovering from moving so he is unable to fillin for Thursday - I swore I would never be canteen attendent again but was persuaded to fillin for this thursday evening only!

Stay healthy:)
George

William AS
24-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Interclub Pennant Division 1 Round 2 Results

Grasshoppers 0 Norwood Blue 4
Modbury Massacre 1 Norwood Red 3
Knights & Bytes 2 Modbury Marauders 2
Adelaide 3 Matisons 4Progress
Norwood Blue 7, Adelaide 6, Matisons 5, Modbury Marauders 4˝,
Norwood Red 4, Modbury Massacre 2˝, Knights & Bytes 2. Grasshoppers 1.

Interclub Pennant Division 2 Round 2 Results

ABZS 3 Modbury Barons 1
Norwood Black 1˝ Modbury Bison 2˝
Knights & Bytes Tigers ˝ Norwood Grey 3˝
Adelaide 4 Knights & Bytes Lions 0
Progress
Norwood Grey 6˝, Adelaide 6˝, ABZS 4˝, Modbury Bison 4,
Modbury Barons 3˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 2˝, Norwood Black 2˝,
Knights & Bytes Lions 1.

William AS
30-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Interclub Pennant Division 1 Round 3 Results

Matisons 3˝ Grasshoppers ˝
Modbury Marauders 1˝ Adelaide 2˝
Norwood Red 2 Knights & Bytes 2
Norwood Blue 1˝ Modbury Massacre 2˝
Progress Norwood Blue 8˝, Adelaide 8˝, Matisons 8˝, Modbury Marauders 6,
Norwood Red 6, Modbury Massacre 5, Knights & Bytes 4. Grasshoppers 1˝.

Interclub Pennant Division 2 Round 3 Results

Knights & Bytes Lions 0 ABZS 4
Norwood Grey 2˝ Adelaide 1˝
Modbury Bison 4 Knights & Bytes Tigers 0
Modbury Barons 2˝ Norwood Black 1˝
Progress
Norwood Grey 9, ABZS 8˝, Adelaide 8, Modbury Bison 8,
Modbury Barons 6, Norwood Black 4, Knights & Bytes Tigers 2˝,
Knights & Bytes Lions 1.

Getting very tight at the top in both divisions.

William AS
07-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Interclub Pennant Division 1
Round 4 Results

Grasshoppers 2 Modbury Massacre 2
Knights & Bytes 2˝ Norwood Blue 1˝
Adelaide 3 Norwood Red 1
Matisons 3˝ Modbury Marauders ˝
Progress
Matisons 12, Adelaide 11˝, Norwood Blue 10, Modbury Massacre 7
Norwood Red 7, Modbury Marauders 6, Knights & Bytes 4,
Grasshoppers 1˝.

Interclub Pennant Division 2
Round 4 Results

ABZS 3 Norwood Black 1
Knights & Bytes Tigers 1 Modbury Barons 3
Adelaide 2˝ Modbury Bison 1˝
Knights & Bytes Lions ˝ Norwood Grey 3˝
Progress
Norwood Grey 12˝, ABZS 11˝, Adelaide 10˝, Modbury Bison 9˝,
Modbury Barons 9, Norwood Black 5, Knights & Bytes Tigers 3˝,
Knights & Bytes Lions 1˝.

William AS
14-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Round 5 Results

Modbury Marauders 4 Grasshoppers 0
Norwood Red 1 Matisons 3
Norwood Blue 2 Adelaide 2
Modbury Massacre 3 Knights & Bytes 1
Progress
Matisons 15, Adelaide 13˝, Norwood Blue 12,
Modbury Marauders 10˝, Modbury Massacre 10, Norwood Red 8,
Knights & Bytes 7 ˝, Grasshoppers 3˝.

Round 5 Results

Norwood Grey 0 ABZS 4
Modbury Bison 2 Knights & Bytes Lions 2
Modbury Barons 2 Adelaide 2
Norwood Black ˝ Knights & Bytes Tigers 2˝
Progress
ABZS 15˝, Norwood Grey 12˝, Adelaide 12˝, Modbury Bison 11˝,
Modbury Barons 11, Knights & Bytes Tigers 6, Norwood Black 5˝,
Knights & Bytes Lions 3˝.

William AS
18-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Reminder to all interested players

SOUTH AUSTRALIAN
LIGHTNING CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP

TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER

ENTRIES CLOSE 7.15pm – 7.30 pm START

RATE OF PLAY 5 MINUTES EACH ON THE CLOCK

VENUE - CHESS CENTRE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA,
10 RANELAGH STREET, ADELAIDE
Telephone 8211 7189

PRIZES AND TROPHIES DEPEND ON ENTRIES

ENTRY FEE - $12 BEFORE 11pm MONDAY 2nd NOVEMBER

LATE ENTRY $15

Online entry and pdf entry forms available at www.sachess.org

William AS
21-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Round 6 Results

Knights & Bytes 2˝ Grasshoppers 1˝
Adelaide 2˝ Modbury Massacre 1˝
Matisons 3˝ Norwood Blue ˝
Modbury Marauders 1˝ Norwood Red 2˝Progress

Matisons 18˝, Adelaide 16, Norwood Blue 12˝,
Modbury Marauders 12, Modbury Massacre 11˝, Norwood Red 10˝,
Knights & Bytes 10, Grasshoppers 5.
Round 6 Results

ABZS 3 Knights & Bytes Tigers 1
Adelaide 4 Norwood Black 0
Knights & Bytes Lions 1˝ Modbury Barons 1˝
Norwood Grey 1 Modbury Bison 3Progress

ABZS 18˝, Adelaide 16˝, Modbury Bison 14˝, Norwood Grey 13˝,
Modbury Barons 12˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 7, Norwood Black 5˝,
Knights & Bytes Lions 5.

William AS
28-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Round 7 Results (Final)

Norwood Red 4 Grasshoppers
Norwood Blue 4 Modbury Marauders 0
Modbury Massacre 1˝ Matisons 3˝
Knights & Bytes 2˝ Adelaide 2˝
Progress

Matisons 21, Adelaide 18˝, Norwood Blue 16˝,
Norwood Red 14˝, Modbury Massacre 13, Modbury Marauders 12,
Knights & Bytes 11˝, Grasshoppers 5.
Round 7 Results (Final)

Modbury Bison 1˝ ABZS 2˝
Modbury Barons 3 Norwood Grey 1
Norwood Black 2 Knights & Bytes Lions 2
Knights & Bytes Tigers 1 Adelaide 3
Progress

ABZS 21, Adelaide 19˝, Modbury Bison 16, Modbury Barons 15˝,
Norwood Grey 14˝, Knights & Bytes Tigers 8, Norwood Black 7˝,
Knights & Bytes Lions 7.
Presentations will be next Tuesday, November 3, at the South Australian Lightning Chess Championship

sleepless
31-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Pennant Division 1 pgns are now complete and available from the SACA website.

www.sachess.org

William AS
03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
SA Blitz Chess Championship 2009
Round 11 Cross Table (Final)

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

1 Srdic, Goran 2010 9 10:W 8:W 7:W 20:W 4:W 9:W 2:L 3:L 11:W 5:W 12:W
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1862 9 23:W 16:W 3:W 4:L 20:W 7:W 1:W 5:L 8:W 15:W 6:W
3 Cameron, Alistair 1865 8 11:W 12:W 2:L 9:L 18:W 4:W 10:W 1:W 5:W 6:L 7:W
4 Saint, Andrew 1819 8 14:W 6:D 21:W 2:W 1:L 3:L 16:W 7:W 15:D 10:W 17:W
5 Amini, Amir 1901 7 6:L 14:L 25:W 23:W 11:W 13:W 9:W 2:W 3:L 1:L 16:W
6 Worthley, Stephen 1452 6.5 5:W 4:D 20:L 17:W 12:W 8:L 13:L 18:W 7:W 3:W 2:L
7 Juszczynski, Mathew 1834 6 13:W 9:W 1:L 12:W 10:W 2:L 8:W 4:L 6:L 11:W 3:L
8 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 6 24:W 1:L 11:W 10:L 15:W 6:W 7:L 17:W 2:L 12:L 21:W
9 Ivkovic, Novica 1503 6 22:W 7:L 14:W 3:W 13:W 1:L 5:L 11:L 12:L 26:W 19:W
10 Mading, John Thon 1486 6 1:L 24:W 19:W 8:W 7:L 16:W 3:L 15:L 13:W 4:L 26:W
11 Staak, Eric 1423 6 3:L 26:W 8:L 14:W 5:L 20:W 12:W 9:W 1:L 7:L 22:W
12 Atrens, Edvard 1651 6 26:W 3:L 23:W 7:L 6:L 24:W 11:L 13:W 9:W 8:W 1:L
13 Shohani, Ammar 1400 6 7:L 22:W 17:W 16:W 9:L 5:L 6:W 12:L 10:L 25:W 23:W
14 Low, Brandon 1288 6 4:L 5:W 9:L 11:L 17:L 26:W 18:L 25:W 23:W 20:W 24:W
15 Lucero, Antonio C 5.5 17:W 19:L 16:L 21:W 8:L 18:W 23:W 10:W 4:D 2:L 20:L
16 Kelly, John 1734 5.5 25:W 2:L 15:W 13:L 24:W 10:L 4:L 20:W 17:D 21:W 5:L
17 Lidums, Aivars 1594 5.5 15:L 18:W 13:L 6:L 14:W 23:W 20:W 8:L 16:D 22:W 4:L
18 Colliver, Scott 1273 5 21:L 17:L 26:W 19:W 3:L 15:L 14:W 6:L 24:W 23:L 25:W
19 Ferro, Miguel 1954 5 20:L 15:W 10:L 18:L 23:L 21:L 22:W 26:W 25:W 24:W 9:L
20 Haydn, Gavin 1469 4 19:W 21:W 6:W 1:L 2:L 11:L 17:L 16:L 22:L 14:L 15:W
21 Sykes, Alexander K I 1798 3.5 18:W 20:L 4:L 15:L 22:D 19:W 25:L 24:L 26:W 16:L 8:L
22 Lawton, Richard 3.5 9:L 13:L 24:L 26:W 21:D 25:L 19:L 23:W 20:W 17:L 11:L
23 Walshe, D Bradley 1413 3 2:L 25:W 12:L 5:L 19:W 17:L 15:L 22:L 14:L 18:W 13:L
24 Glascott, Brent 1197 3 8:L 10:L 22:W 25:W 16:L 12:L 26:L 21:W 18:L 19:L 14:L
25 Vuckov, George 1147 3 16:L 23:L 5:L 24:L 26:W 22:W 21:W 14:L 19:L 13:L 18:L
26 Atrens, Karlis 1072 1 12:L 11:L 18:L 22:L 25:L 14:L 24:W 19:L 21:L 9:L 10:L

Playoff for the title was won by Gora Srdic 2 - 1
Congratulations Goran:clap: :clap:

William AS
04-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Reminder to all interested players

Lidums November Fischer Allegro 2009

Tuesday 10th of November

Five Rounds

RATE OF PLAY 15 MINUTES EACH + 2 SECONDS A MOVE

10 RANELAGH STREET, ADELAIDE. TELEPHONE 8211 7189

FIRST AND SECTIONAL PRIZE WINNERS DEPEND ON ENTRIES

Entry Fee - $10 if before 11pm Monday 9th of November
Late entry $12 - Final entries close 7.15pm – 7.30pm start

Online entry available. Check our Website at www.sachess.org

All Players must check in, in person, no later than 15 minutes before the first round.

sleepless
04-11-2009, 08:54 PM
11 blitz rounds, two players tied for first place, a five minute break, a further three rounds to break the tie, a punched board number and a game commenced without the clock started. Tension was evident and it was fascinating stuff.

Tie break games available at http://sachess.org/

William AS
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
[
A reminder to all interested players

NOVEMBER RAPID 2009

TUESDAYS - November 17 & November 24

SIX ROUNDS

RATE OF PLAY - FISCHER RAPID 20 MINUTES + 10 SECONDS A MOVE

ENTRY FEE - $25 If before 11pm Monday 16th November - LATE ENTRY $30

FINAL ENTRIES CLOSE 7.15pm TUESDAY 17th – 7.30pm START
Online entry available, check our Website at www.sachess.org

All Players must check in, in person, no later than 15 minutes before the first round.

Forfeits must be avoided if at all possible, if you have a problem, please notify the Arbiter

William AS
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Lidums November Allegro 2009
Round 5 (Final) Cross Table

1 Cameron, Alistair 1865 4.5 24:W 14:W 5:W 4:W 2:D
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1904 4 20:D 15:W 8:W 9:W 1:D
3 Sykes, Alexander K I 1844 4 17:W 8:L 15:W 14:W 11:W
4 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1904 3.5 6:W 11:W 9:W 1:L 5:D
5 Kerr, Bill 1835 3.5 21:W 12:W 1:L 8:W 4:D
6 Haydn, Gavin 1469 3.5 4:L 20:W 7:D 16:W 12:W
7 Cloudsdale, Colin 1717 3.5 16:W 9:L 6:D 13:W 14:W
8 Mading, John Thon 1486 3 10:W 3:W 2:L 5:L 17:W
9 Hoff, Michael R 1848 3 13:W 7:W 4:L 2:L 18:W
10 Sanders, Michael J 1162 3 8:L 18:W 11:L 19:W 15:W
11 Paprzycki, Eryk 1670 2.5 22:W 4:L 10:W 12:D 3:L
12 Kelly, John 1571 2.5 19:W 5:L 17:W 11:D 6:L
13 Hatch, John H 1345 2.5 9:L 16:D 23:W 7:L 20:W
14 Lutley, Philip 1556 2 23:W 1:L 21:W 3:L 7:L
15 Miller, Anthony Christopher 1492 2 18:W 2:L 3:L 21:W 10:L
16 Selvanderan, Timothy 829 2 7:L 13:D 20:W 6:L 21:D
17 Glascott, Brent 1197 2 3:L 22:W 12:L 23:W 8:L
18 Lawton, Richard 2 15:L 10:L 24:W 22:W 9:L
19 Vasile, Franko 2 12:L 21:L 22:W 10:L 23:W
20 Wedding, William 1406 1.5 2:D 6:L 16:L 0:W 13:L
21 Vuckov, George 1147 1.5 5:L 19:W 14:L 15:L 16:D
22 Gregoric, Peter 1 11:L 17:L 19:L 18:L 0:W
23 Bamess, Duane 1 14:L 24:W 13:L 17:L 19:L
24 Shohani, Ammar 1400 0 1:L 23:L 18:L 0: 0:

William AS
17-11-2009, 11:09 PM
November Rapid 2009
Round 3 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3

1 Srdic, Goran 2010 3 14:W 8:W 6:W
2 Juszczynski, Mathew 1834 3 19:W 9:W 5:W
3 Shohani, Ammar 1400 2.5 16:W 13:D 12:W
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 2.5 22:W 12:D 13:W
5 Bamess, Duane 2 0:W 10:W 2:L
6 Staak, Eric 1423 2 20:W 7:W 1:L
7 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1862 2 17:W 6:L 14:W
8 Paprzycki, Eryk 1670 2 23:W 1:L 18:W
9 Haydn, Gavin 1469 2 24:W 2:L 16:W
10 Saint, Andrew 1819 2 15:W 5:L 17:W
11 Ajith, Chol Solomon 1626 2 0:L 22:W 15:W
12 Anderson-Smith, William (Bill) 1865 1.5 18:W 4:D 3:L
13 Sykes, Alexander K I 1798 1.5 21:W 3:D 4:L
14 Hatch, John H 1345 1 1:L 21:W 7:L
15 Bortsova, Natasha 1131 1 10:L 20:W 11:L
16 Buck, Tony 1 3:L 19:W 9:L
17 Glascott, Brent 1197 1 7:L 23:W 10:L
18 Sag, Andrew 1345 1 12:L 24:W 8:L
19 Vuckov, George 1147 1 2:L 16:L 22:W
20 MacAdam, Alex 1 6:L 15:L 23:W
21 Nelson, Ned 165 1 13:L 14:L 24:W
22 Gregoric, Peter 0 4:L 11:L 19:L
23 Lawton, Richard 0 8:L 17:L 20:L
24 Vasile, Franko 0 9:L 18:L 21:L

William AS
17-11-2009, 11:18 PM
November Rapid 2009
Round 4 Draw

1 Srdic, Goran 2010 [3] : Juszczynski, Mathew 1834 [3]
2 Shohani, Ammar 1400 [2.5] : Zulfic, Fedja 1788 [2.5]
3 Bamess, Duane [2] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1862 [2]
4 Staak, Eric 1423 [2] : Saint, Andrew 1819 [2]
5 Paprzycki, Eryk 1670 [2] : Ajith, Chol Solomon 1626 [2]
6 Anderson-Smith, William 1865 [1.5] : Haydn, Gavin 1469 [2]
7 Sykes, Alexander K I 1798 [1.5] : Sag, Andrew 1345 [1]
8 Hatch, John H 1345 [1] : Bortsova, Natasha 1131 [1]
9 Glascott, Brent 1197 [1] : Nelson, Ned 165 [1]
10 MacAdam, Alex [1] : Vuckov, George 1147 [1]
11 Buck, Tony [1] : Lawton, Richard [0]
12 Gregoric, Peter [0] : Vasile, Franko [0]

William AS
24-11-2009, 11:23 PM
November Rapid 2009
Round 6 (Final) Cross Table

1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1834 5 7:W 5:W 17:W 2:W 4:W 3:L
2 Srdic, Goran 2010 5 14:W 6:W 10:W 1:L 11:W 8:W
3 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1862 5 13:W 10:L 14:W 17:W 5:W 1:W
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 4.5 18:W 15:D 8:W 9:W 1:L 11:W
5 Haydn, Gavin 1469 4 25:W 1:L 12:W 15:W 3:L 13:W
6 Paprzycki, Eryk 1670 4 24:W 2:L 20:W 19:+ 8:L 9:W
7 Vuckov, George 1147 4 1:L 12:L 18:W 22:W 14:W 17:W
8 Sykes, Alexander K I 1798 3.5 23:W 9:D 4:L 20:W 6:W 2:L
9 Shohani, Ammar 1400 3.5 12:W 8:D 15:W 4:L 10:W 6:L
10 Staak, Eric 1423 3 22:W 3:W 2:L 11:L 9:L 18:W
11 Saint, Andrew 1819 3 16:W 17:L 13:W 10:W 2:L 4:L
12 Buck, Tony 3 9:L 7:W 5:L 24:L 23:W 20:W
13 Glascott, Brent 1197 3 3:L 24:W 11:L 23:W 17:W 5:L
14 Hatch, John H 1345 2.5 2:L 23:W 3:L 16:W 7:L 15:D
15 Anderson-Smith, William (Bill) 1865 2.5 20:W 4:D 9:L 5:L 16:D 14:D
16 Bortsova, Natasha 1131 2.5 11:L 22:W 19:L 14:L 15:D 23:W
17 Bamess, Duane 2 0:W 11:W 1:L 3:L 13:L 7:L
18 Gregoric, Peter 2 4:L 19:L 7:L 25:W 24:W 10:L
19 Ajith, Chol Solomon 1626 2 0:L 18:W 16:W 6:- 0:L 0:L
20 Sag, Andrew 1345 2 15:L 25:W 6:L 8:L 22:W 12:L
21 Ivkovic, Novica 1503 2 0: 0: 0: 0: 25:W 24:W
22 MacAdam, Alex 2 10:L 16:L 24:W 7:L 20:L 25:W
23 Nelson, Ned 165 1 8:L 14:L 25:W 13:L 12:L 16:L
24 Lawton, Richard 1 6:L 13:L 22:L 12:W 18:L 21:L
25 Vasile, Franko 0 5:L 20:L 23:L 18:L 21:L 22:L

William AS
27-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Lidums December
Fischer Allegro 2009

Tuesday 1st of December

Five Rounds

RATE OF PLAY 15 MINUTES EACH + 2 SECONDS A MOVE

10 RANELAGH STREET, ADELAIDE. TELEPHONE 8211 7189

FIRST AND SECTIONAL PRIZE WINNERS
GET FREE ENTRY TO LIDUMS AUSTRALIAN ALLEGRO

Entry Fee - $10 if before 11pm Monday 30th of November
Late entry $12 - Final entries close 7.15pm – 7.30pm start

Entries to SACA Tournament Secretary, 10 Ranelagh Street, Adelaide, 5000

Online entry available check our Website at www.sachess.org

William AS
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Lidums December Allegro 2009
Round 5 (Final) Cross Table

1 Jelic, Mato 1795 5 16:W 10:W 11:W 5:W 3:W
2 Kempen, Leon 1684 4 22:W 7:W 3:L 15:W 4:W
3 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1876 3.5 17:W 8:D 2:W 10:W 1:L
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 3.5 20:W 9:W 5:D 8:W 2:L
5 Sykes, Alexander K I 1797 3.5 14:W 15:W 4:D 1:L 12:W
6 Staak, Eric 1423 3.5 12:D 21:W 8:L 9:W 15:W
7 Saint, Andrew 1819 3.5 18:W 2:L 16:W 11:W 8:D
8 Kelly, John 1713 3 13:W 3:D 6:W 4:L 7:D
9 Haydn, Gavin 1513 3 23:W 4:L 13:W 6:L 16:W
10 Howard, George 1633 3 24:W 1:L 20:W 3:L 17:W
11 Ivkovic, Novica 1503 2.5 25:+ 12:W 1:L 7:L 13:D
12 Ferro, Miguel 1954 2.5 6:D 11:L 19:W 18:W 5:L
13 Bamess, Duane 2.5 8:L 17:W 9:L 21:W 11:D
14 Glascott, Brent 1197 2.5 5:L 19:D 17:L 24:+ 21:W
15 Paprzycki, Eryk 1665 2 19:W 5:L 18:W 2:L 6:L
16 Vuckov, George 1130 2 1:L 22:W 7:L 23:W 9:L
17 Hatch, John H 1314 2 3:L 13:L 14:W 20:W 10:L
18 Shohani, Ammar 1250 2 7:L 24:W 15:L 12:L 20:W
19 Lawton, Richard 1.5 15:L 14:D 12:L 22:L 23:W
20 Nelson, Ned 165 1 4:L 23:W 10:L 17:L 18:L
21 Kramer, Warren 1324 1 0: 6:L 24:W 13:L 14:L
22 Gregoric, Peter 1 2:L 16:L 23:L 19:W 0:L
23 Renford, Des 1 9:L 20:L 22:W 16:L 19:L
24 Vasile, Franko 0 10:L 18:L 21:L 14:- 0:
25 Lu, Yong (Rick) 0 11:- 0: 0: 0: 0:

William AS
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
December Rapid 2009

Chess Tournament

TUESDAYS - December 8th and December 15th

SIX ROUNDS

RATE OF PLAY - FISCHER RAPID 20 MINUTES + 10 SECONDS A MOVE

ENTRY FEE - $25 If before 11pm Monday 7th December - LATE ENTRY $30

FINAL ENTRIES CLOSE 7.15pm TUESDAY 8th – 7.30pm START

Forfeits must be avoided if at all possible, if you have a problem, notify the Arbiter

William AS
08-12-2009, 10:54 PM
December Rapid 2009
Round 3 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3

1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1858 3 5:W 9:W 4:W
2 Jelic, Mato 1795 3 7:W 10:W 3:W
3 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1876 2 12:W 8:W 2:L
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 2 13:W 6:W 1:L
5 Glascott, Brent 1197 2 1:L 14:W 10:W
6 Hoff, Michael R 1837 2 11:W 4:L 12:W
7 Vuckov, George 1130 2 2:L 15:W 9:W
8 Paprzycki, Eryk 1665 2 16:W 3:L 11:W
9 Haydn, Gavin 1513 1 14:W 1:L 7:L
10 Ivkovic, Novica 1503 1 15:W 2:L 5:L
11 Hatch, John H 1314 1 6:L 13:W 8:L
12 Shohani, Ammar 1250 1 3:L 16:W 6:L
13 Nelson, Ned 165 1 4:L 11:L 16:W
14 Bamess, Duane 1 9:L 5:L 15:W
15 Gregoric, Peter 0 10:L 7:L 14:L
16 Lawton, Richard 0 8:L 12:L 13:L

William AS
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
December Rapid 2009
Round 4 Draw

1 Jelic, Mato 1795 [3] : Juszczynski, Mathew 1858 [3]
2 Glascott, Brent 1197 [2] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1876 [2]
3 Hoff, Michael R 1837 [2] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1665 [2]
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 [2] : Vuckov, George 1130 [2]
5 Haydn, Gavin 1513 [1] : Shohani, Ammar 1250 [1]
6 Nelson, Ned 165 [1] : Ivkovic, Novica 1503 [1]
7 Bamess, Duane [1] : Hatch, John H 1314 [1]
8 Gregoric, Peter [0] : Lawton, Richard [0]

William AS
15-12-2009, 11:14 PM
December Rapid 2009
Round 6 (Final) Cross Table

1 Juszczynski, Mathew 1858 5 12:W 7:W 3:W 2:L 11:W 4:W
2 Jelic, Mato 1795 4.5 6:W 9:W 5:W 1:W 4:L 3:D
3 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 4.5 15:W 4:W 1:L 6:W 5:W 2:D
4 Hoff, Michael R 1837 4 10:W 3:L 8:W 11:W 2:W 1:L
5 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1876 4 8:W 11:W 2:L 12:W 3:L 10:W
6 Vuckov, George 1130 4 2:L 16:W 7:W 3:L 15:W 9:W
7 Haydn, Gavin 1513 3 13:W 1:L 6:L 8:W 9:L 14:W
8 Shohani, Ammar 1250 3 5:L 14:W 4:L 7:L 16:W 11:W
9 Ivkovic, Novica 1503 3 16:W 2:L 12:L 15:W 7:W 6:L
10 Hatch, John H 1314 3 4:L 15:W 11:L 13:W 12:W 5:L
11 Paprzycki, Eryk 1665 2 14:W 5:L 10:W 4:L 1:L 8:L
12 Glascott, Brent 1197 2 1:L 13:W 9:W 5:L 10:L 16:L
13 Bamess, Duane 2 7:L 12:L 16:W 10:L 14:L 15:W
14 Lawton, Richard 2 11:L 8:L 15:L 16:W 13:W 7:L
15 Nelson, Ned 165 1 3:L 10:L 14:W 9:L 6:L 13:L
16 Gregoric, Peter 1 9:L 6:L 13:L 14:L 8:L 12:W

William AS
17-12-2009, 10:23 PM
LIDUMS AUSTRALIAN ALLEGRO
CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

SOUTH AUSTRALIA’S PREMIER ONE DAY CHESS TOURNAMENT

Proudly sponsored by The Lidums Chess Foundation

SATURDAY 26TH of DECEMBER, 2009

AT THE GLENELG COMMUNITY CENTRE, 4 COLLEY TERRACE, GLENELG

RATE OF PLAY – 15 MINUTES EACH ON THE CLOCK + 2 SECONDS A MOVE
SEVEN ROUNDS, SWISS DRAW

ROUNDS start at 12.00pm, 12.45pm, 1.30pm, 2.15pm, 3.00pm, 3.45pm and 4.30pm.

1st $600
2nd $300 - 3rd $100

THREE RATING PRIZES, UNRATED PRIZE, WOMEN’S PRIZE AND VETERANS PRIZE EACH $60
FOUR JUNIOR PRIZES [$60 VOUCHERS FOR CHESS BOOKS OR CHESS COACHING]

William AS
26-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Australian Allegro Chess Championship 2009
Round 7 (Final) Cross Table

1 Chapman, Mark 2540 6.5 49:W 56:W 10:W 16:W 5:W 4:W 2:D
2 Zaric, Srboljub 2197 6 48:W 19:D 34:W 15:W 17:W 5:W 1:D
3 Saint, Andrew 1819 6 20:W 33:L 48:W 26:W 23:W 15:W 9:W
4 Stevens, Tristan 2010 5.5 34:D 54:W 19:W 21:W 16:W 1:L 8:W
5 Obst, James 2370 5 37:W 11:W 6:W 18:W 1:L 2:L 22:W
6 Cameron, Alistair 1950 5 30:W 39:W 5:L 7:W 38:W 8:L 24:W
7 Paprzycki, Eryk 1665 5 58:W 12:W 17:D 6:L 33:W 21:D 15:W
8 Jelic, Mato 1795 5 42:W 25:W 15:L 37:W 18:W 6:W 4:L
9 Hoff, Michael R 1837 5 65:+ 26:W 16:L 39:W 20:W 22:W 3:L
10 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1876 5 52:W 43:W 1:L 24:L 25:W 27:W 18:W
11 Zulfic, Fedja 1788 5 57:W 5:L 36:W 25:W 15:L 43:W 16:W
12 Sheldrick, Kevin 2070 5 35:W 7:L 37:L 34:W 26:W 39:W 19:W
13 Riches, L John 1658 5 61:W 17:L 30:W 20:L 35:W 38:W 21:W
14 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1690 4.5 55:W 15:L 35:W 23:L 32:W 20:D 33:W
15 Goldsmith, Alan D 2079 4 32:W 14:W 8:W 2:L 11:W 3:L 7:L
16 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2133 4 27:W 22:W 9:W 1:L 4:L 40:W 11:L
17 Srdic, Goran 2010 4 23:W 13:W 7:D 33:W 2:L 18:L 31:D
18 Ward, Anthony 2105 4 36:W 28:W 41:W 5:L 8:L 17:W 10:L
19 Kelly, John 1713 4 62:W 2:D 4:L 29:D 37:W 23:W 12:L
20 Daenke, Stephen 1010 4 3:L 63:W 40:W 13:W 9:L 14:D 29:D
21 Ferro, Miguel 1954 4 47:W 40:W 33:D 4:L 24:W 7:D 13:L
22 Cloudsdale, Colin 1712 4 59:W 16:L 32:W 27:W 41:W 9:L 5:L
23 Thiyagarajah, Kailash 1209 4 17:L 61:W 28:W 14:W 3:L 19:L 43:W
24 Barber, Geoffrey 1524 4 54:L 31:W 42:W 10:W 21:L 41:W 6:L
25 Jackson, Ralph E 1518 4 50:W 8:L 45:W 11:L 10:L 55:W 41:W
26 Ports, Elizabeth 1576 4 44:W 9:L 52:W 3:L 12:L 46:W 38:W
27 Staak, Eric 1423 4 16:L 59:W 56:W 22:L 28:W 10:L 39:W
28 Stockhausen, Mark 1696 4 51:W 18:L 23:L 45:W 27:L 42:W 37:W
29 Lang, Grahame 1847 4 31:D 34:L 57:W 19:D 49:D 48:W 20:D
30 Cameron, Lachlan 1140 4 6:L 44:W 13:L 50:W 40:L 56:W 49:W
31 Bortsova, Natasha 1131 4 29:D 24:L 46:W 38:L 51:W 49:W 17:D
32 Shohani, Ammar 1250 4 15:L 55:W 22:L 44:W 14:L 54:W 40:W
33 Dulovic, Petar 1537 3.5 63:W 3:W 21:D 17:L 7:L 34:W 14:L
34 Eustace, Sophie 1209 3.5 4:D 29:W 2:L 12:L 54:W 33:L 48:W
35 Thorne, Richard 1230 3.5 12:L 58:W 14:L 60:W 13:L 50:D 51:W
36 Colliver, Scott 1273 3.5 18:L 51:W 11:L 55:L 62:W 52:D 50:W
37 Ivkovic, Novica 1503 3 5:L 57:W 12:W 8:L 19:L 58:W 28:L
38 Lu, Yong 3 0:+ 41:L 49:W 31:W 6:L 13:L 26:L
39 Atrens, Edvard 1651 3 53:W 6:L 47:W 9:L 55:W 12:L 27:L
40 Lidums, Aivars 1594 3 64:W 21:L 20:L 42:W 30:W 16:L 32:L
41 Sykes, Alexander K I 1797 3 45:W 38:W 18:L 43:W 22:L 24:L 25:L
42 Ballantyne, Martin 924 3 8:L 50:W 24:L 40:L 44:W 28:L 52:W
43 Hoff, Greg A 1553 3 60:W 10:L 54:W 41:L 56:W 11:L 23:L
44 Gregoric, Peter 3 26:L 30:L 59:W 32:L 42:L 64:W 56:W
45 Lower, Kevin 933 3 41:L 60:W 25:L 28:L 58:L 61:W 55:W
46 Lee, Joel 644 3 56:L 49:L 31:L 61:W 60:W 26:L 54:W
47 Glascott, Brent 1197 3 21:L 53:W 39:L 54:L 48:L 59:W 58:W
48 Gibbs, Glen B 1428 2.5 2:L 62:W 3:L 51:D 47:W 29:L 34:L
49 Haydn, Gavin 1513 2.5 1:L 46:W 38:L 62:W 29:D 31:L 30:L
50 Han, Eddie 2.5 25:L 42:L 61:W 30:L 57:W 35:D 36:L
51 Bamess, Duane 2.5 28:L 36:L 64:W 48:D 31:L 57:W 35:L
52 Fitzpatrick, James 1132 2.5 10:L 64:W 26:L 56:L 59:W 36:D 42:L
53 Galliamov, Arseny 2.5 39:L 47:L 62:L 57:L 64:D 63:W 61:W
54 Han, Denny 2 24:W 4:L 43:L 47:W 34:L 32:L 46:L
55 Barr, Nick 2 14:L 32:L 63:W 36:W 39:L 25:L 45:L
56 Memedi, Sam 1790 2 46:W 1:L 27:L 52:W 43:L 30:L 44:L
57 Li, David Yuanhao 623 2 11:L 37:L 29:L 53:W 50:L 51:L 62:W
58 Tsagareli, Irakli 2 7:L 35:L 60:L 64:W 45:W 37:L 47:L
59 Seet, Kee-An 141 2 22:L 27:L 44:L 63:W 52:L 47:L 60:W
60 Jezukaitis, James Nicholas 2 43:L 45:L 58:W 35:L 46:L 62:W 59:L
61 Umetskiy, Roman 1 13:L 23:L 50:L 46:L 63:W 45:L 53:L
62 Wilkinson, Charles 452 1 19:L 48:L 53:W 49:L 36:L 60:L 57:L
63 Huynh, Jason 1 33:L 20:L 55:L 59:L 61:L 53:L 64:W
64 Moskvichev, Peter .5 40:L 52:L 51:L 58:L 53:D 44:L 63:L
65 Kiripitige, Punala 1091 0 9:- 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0:

george
29-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi Roland , Bill and Organisers,

The Lidums Australian Allegro or should it be renamed the Mark Chapman benefit tourney - he has won it so many times - has again been successful with lots of entries. Thanks Roland and other helpers for organising this - I know it doesnt just happen so WELL DONE! This tourney is an end of year celebration for the SA chess community with many folks only playing in this one chess event for the year.

kindest Regards
George Howard

sleepless
29-12-2009, 07:32 PM
It would have to be one of the most family friendly tournaments in Australia with the beach and attractions only 50m away.

Newly available on the SACA website is 'one dozen memorable games'. This eclectic mix of 12 sparkling games celebrates a successful chess year. Mark Chapman has two of his games in the list.
Enjoy!

http://www.sachess.org/

William AS
04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Chess School SA

Australia Day Rapid 2010

Tuesday 26th January 2010

5 Rounds, Swiss Draw

Rate of play

Fischer Rapid – 20 minutes + 10 seconds a move

Rounds start at 12.00pm, 1.10pm, 2.20pm, 3.30pm and 4.40pm

ENTRY FEE $15 IF BEFORE 11pm MONDAY 25th JANUARY

LATE ENTRY $20

Entries close at 11.45am on 26th January 2010

1st Prize $120 & Chess Book

Sponsored by Chess School SA

We provide chess education programs in schools

and supply chess playing equipment in South Australia

Play chess, exercise your mental muscles

Kevin Bonham
04-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Newly available on the SACA website is 'one dozen memorable games'. This eclectic mix of 12 sparkling games celebrates a successful chess year. Mark Chapman has two of his games in the list.
Enjoy!

http://www.sachess.org/

Excellent initiative to add interest to a website; well done.

William AS
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
THE ROMANAS ARLAUSKAS MEMORIAL
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2010
AT
THE CHESS CENTRE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
10 RANELAGH STREET, ADELAIDE, 5000. TELEPHONE 8211 7189

NINE ROUNDS, ROUND ROBIN

7.00pm CONSECUTIVE TUESDAYS

FEBRUARY 2nd , 9th, 16th, 23rd, MARCH 2nd , 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th

FIDE RATED

RATE OF PLAY - FISCHER SYSTEM - 90 MINUTES + 30 SECONDS A MOVE

PLAYERS MUST SCORE AT ALL TIMES, NORMAL FIDE RULES APPLY, FORFEIT TIME 30 MINUTES

FIRST PRIZE $1000

Qualification limits may apply
The tournament organisers reserve the right to transfer players to the Candidates Championship

Entries to SACA Tournament Secretary
Chess Centre of South Australia, 10 Ranelagh street, Adelaide

Free entry to gm, wgm, im and wim applicants

ENTRY FEES - $100.00 or Late Entry $120.00

The late entry fee will apply to all entries received after11pm Saturday 30th January 2010

Forfeits must be avoided if at all possible, if you have a problem notify the Arbiter

FINAL ENTRIES CLOSE 6.30pm TUESDAY 2nd FEBRUARY 2010

William AS
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN
CANDIDATES CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

AT THE CHESS CENTRE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
10 RANELAGH STREET, ADELAIDE, 5000. TELEPHONE 8211 7189

NINE ROUNDS, SWISS DRAW

RATE OF PLAY – FISCHER SYSTEM 90 MINUTES + 30 SECONDS A MOVE

PLAYERS MUST SCORE AT ALL TIMES, NORMAL FIDE RULES APPLY, FORFEIT TIME 30 MINUTES

7pm CONSECUTIVE TUESDAYS

FEBRUARY 2nd, ,9th, 16th, 23rd, MARCH 2nd, ,9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th

FIRST PRIZE $200

OTHER PRIZES AS DETERMINED BY NUMBER OF ENTRIES
WINNER QUALIFIES FOR THE 2010 CHAMPIONSHIP

QUALIFICATION LIMITS MAY APPLY AND
THE TOURNAMENT ORGANISERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TRANSFER
SUITABLE PLAYERS TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

ENTRY FEES - $100.00 or Late Entry $120.00

THE LATE ENTRY FEE WILL APPLY TO ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER
11pm SATURDAY 30th JANUARY 2010

Forfeits must be avoided if at all possible, if you have a problem, notify the Arbiter

FINAL ENTRIES CLOSE 6.45pm TUESDAY 2nd FEBRUARY 2010

William AS
24-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Chess School SA

Australia Day Rapid 2010

Tuesday 26th January 2010

5 Rounds, Swiss Draw

Players please support this tournament and encourage our coaching organizations to support our events.

Mato Jelic has entered with the hope he gets some of his money back. We cannot let that happen can we? ;)

Avoid the late entry fee. Get your entries in now and save!

Of course you can always leave it to the day, that way we make more money. :owned:

William AS
26-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Chess School SA
Australia Day Rapid 2010

Round 6 [Final] Cross Table

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1876 5 15:W 7:W 8:W 2:W 5:L 4:W
2 Cameron, Alistair 1950 4.5 9:W 6:W 3:D 1:L 12:W 5:W
3 Paprzycki, Eryk 1665 4.5 14:W 5:W 2:D 4:L 7:W 8:W
4 Worthley, Stephen 1452 4 11:W 17:W 12:L 3:W 6:W 1:L
5 Vuckov, George 1130 4 13:W 3:L 17:W 10:W 1:W 2:L
6 Staak, Eric 1423 4 16:W 2:L 14:W 8:W 4:L 9:W
7 Glascott, Brent 1197 3.5 10:W 1:L 13:W 12:D 3:L 14:W
8 Han, Eddie 3 12:W 9:W 1:L 6:L 13:W 3:L
9 Lee, Joel 644 3 2:L 8:L 15:W 16:W 10:W 6:L
10 Han, Denny 3 7:L 15:W 11:W 5:L 9:L 13:W
11 Lawton, Richard 3 4:L 12:L 10:L 0:W 17:W 15:W
12 Maksimovic, Mirjan 1475 2.5 8:L 11:W 4:W 7:D 2:L 0:
13 Nguyen, Alex 2 5:L 0:W 7:L 14:W 8:L 10:L
14 Jezukaitis, James Nicholas 2 3:L 16:W 6:L 13:L 0:W 7:L
15 Nelson, Ned 165 2 1:L 10:L 9:L 17:W 16:W 11:L
16 Huynh, Jason 2 6:L 14:L 0:W 9:L 15:L 17:W
17 Nguyen, Melissa 1 0:W 4:L 5:L 15:L 11:L 16:L

For some strange reason all the players thought they were playing Blitz, so much so that round five [Supposedly the final one] finished before it was due to start! Decided to play extra bonus round for the same money! [We always try to give value for the dollar]. Top seed Alistair Cameron not surprisingly seemed a little chessed out after Hobart and second seed Edgar Mdinaradze suffered a nasty shock in round 5, losing to George Vuckov [rated 1130] but recovered in round 6 to win the tournament on his own.

SACA and all the players thank Mato Jelic of Chess School SA www.chessschoolsa.com.au for his kind sponsorship of this event!

William AS
27-01-2010, 09:07 PM
South Australian Chess Championship 2010

Current entry List of Players

No Name FIDE Rtg Loc

1. Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037
2. Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923
3. Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913
4. Juszczynski, Mathew 1962 1881
5. Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919
6. Kerr, Bill 1952 1845
7. Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706

Warning!! It is recommended that players do not leave it until a few minutes before the tournament starts, to enter [This seems to be common practice]. You may miss out!

On line entry available at www.sachess.org

Kevin Bonham
27-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Top seed Alistair Cameron not surprisingly seemed a little chessed out after Hobart

If I played a game like his one against Alastair Dyer (round 10) I'd probably be in nervous tension rehab for a week!

William AS
28-01-2010, 11:50 PM

Current List of Players

No Name FIDE Rtg Loc

1. Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969
2. Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037
3. Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923
4. Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913
5. Juszczynski, Mathew 1962 1881
6. Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919
7. Kerr, Bill 1952 1845
8. Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706

On line entry for Championship and Candidates available at www.sachess.org

William AS
30-01-2010, 01:42 PM

Current List of Players

No Name FIDE Rtg Loc

1. Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969
2. Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037
3. Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923
4. Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913
5. Juszczynski, Mathew 1962 1881
6. Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919
7. Kerr, Bill 1952 1845
8. Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706
9. Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873

We have been having some problems with the online entry forms [ISP end]
If you have difficulties email SACA President [address on website under contacts.]

William AS
30-01-2010, 08:21 PM
South Australian Candidates 2010

Current List of Players

No Name Loc

1. Paprzycki, Eryk 1645
2. Turcaj, Pavel 1591
3. Ivkovic, Novica 1545
4. Haydn, Gavin 1537
5. Staak, Eric 1502
6. Daenke, Stephen 1375
7. Kiripitige, Punala 1332
8. Vuckov, George 1289
9. Cameron, Lachlan 1154
10. Han, Eddie
11. MacAdam, Alex
12. Han, Denny

We have been having some problems with the online entry forms [ISP end] :rolleyes: :doh: :( :(
If you have difficulties or you have entered and your name is not on these lists [could be quite a few! :eek: ]
email SACA President [address on website under contacts.]

William AS
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM

Round 1 Results

No Name Rtg Loc Total Result Name Rtg Loc Total

1 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [0] .5:.5 Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [0]
2 Eborlas, Julio [0] 0:1 Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [0]
3 Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [0] .5:.5 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [0]
4 Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [0] 0:1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [0]
5 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [0] : BYE

Off to a good start. One player short, so if you are a player of suitable rating and want to play I am sure we can organize things. ;)

William AS
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM

Round 2 Draw

1 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [.5] : Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [0]
2 Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [1] : Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [.5]
3 Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [.5] : Eborlas, Julio 1880 [0]
4 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [0] : Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [.5]
5 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [1] : BYE

William AS
02-02-2010, 11:58 PM

Round 1 Results

11 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [0] 0:1 Glascott, Brent 1133 [0]
12 Branson, Edward 1124 [0] 0:1 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [0]
13 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [0] 1:0 Nicholls, Stuart 1042 [0]
14 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [0] 0:1 Haydn, Gavin 1537 [0]
15 Staak, Eric 1502 [0] 1:0 Lower, Kevin 987 [0]
16 MacAdam, Alex [0] 0:1 Daenke, Stephen 1375 [0]
17 Vuckov, George 1289 [0] 1:0 Han, Eddie [0]
18 Han, Denny [0] 0:1 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 [0]

William AS
03-02-2010, 12:00 AM

Round 2 Draw

11 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [1] : Daenke, Stephen 1375 [1]
12 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 [1] : Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [1]
13 Haydn, Gavin 1537 [1] : Vuckov, George 1289 [1]
14 Glascott, Brent 1133 [1] : Staak, Eric 1502 [1]
15 Lower, Kevin 987 [0] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [0]
16 MacAdam, Alex [0] : Branson, Edward 1124 [0]
17 Nicholls, Stuart 1042 [0] : Han, Denny [0]
18 Han, Eddie [0] : Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [0]

William AS
04-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Games for 2010 Championship and Candidates round 1
now available at www.sachess.org

William AS
06-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Grahame Lang has joined the Championship field to remove the bye. His first round game against Colin Cloudsdale will be played later, at a time convenient to both players. Grahame will be white against Edgar Mdinaradze in round 2.

William AS
10-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Round 2 Results

1 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [.5] 1:0 Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [0]
2 Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [1] 0:1 Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [.5]
3 Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [.5] +:- Eborlas, Julio [0]
4 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [0] 0:1 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [.5]
5 Lang, Grahame 1629 [0] 0:1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [1]

Round 3 Draw

1 Eborlas, Julio [0] : Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [0]
2 Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [1.5] : Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [1.5]
3 Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [0] : Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [1]
4 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [2] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [1.5]
5 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [1.5] : Lang, Grahame 1629 [0]

The postponed round 1 game between Colin Cloudsdale and Grahame Lang will be played at
Modbury Chess Club on Friday Night.

William AS
10-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Round 2 Results

11 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [1] 0:1 Daenke, Stephen 1375 [1]
12 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 [1] 1:0 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [1]
13 Haydn, Gavin 1537 [1] .5:.5 Vuckov, George 1289 [1]
14 Glascott, Brent 1133 [1] 0:1 Staak, Eric 1502 [1]
15 Lower, Kevin 987 [0] 0:1 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [0]
16 MacAdam, Alex [0] 0:1 Branson, Edward 1124 [0]
17 Nicholls, Stuart 1042 [0] 1:0 Han, Denny [0]
18 Han, Eddie [0] .5:.5 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [0]

Round 3 Draw

11 Staak, Eric 1502 [2] : Cameron, Lachlan 1154 [2]
12 Daenke, Stephen 1375 [2] : Haydn, Gavin 1537 [1.5]
13 Vuckov, George 1289 [1.5] : Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [1]
14 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [1] : Nicholls, Stuart 1042 [1]
15 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [1] : Glascott, Brent 1133 [1]
16 Branson, Edward 1124 [1] : Han, Eddie [.5]
17 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [.5] : Lower, Kevin 987 [0]
18 Han, Denny [0] : MacAdam, Alex [0]

The young tiger cubs are already wreaking havoc among the senior pigeons!

that Caesar guy
10-02-2010, 03:09 PM
2 Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [1] 0:1 Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [.5]
SHELDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a result :P. You know what I mean Mike ;)

JM

William AS
12-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Postponed South Australian Championship 2010 round 1 game:

Played at Modbury Chess Club Friday 12th February

Colin Cloudsdale 1 - 0 Grahame Lang

sleepless
13-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Games for 2010 Championship round 2 now available at www.sachess.org

William AS
16-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Round 3 Results

1 Eborlas, Julio [0] 1:0 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [1]
2 Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [1.5] 1:0 Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [1.5]
3 Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [0] 0:1 Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [1]
4 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [2] 1:0 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [1.5]
5 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [1.5] 1:0 Lang, Grahame 1629 [0]

Round 4 Draw

1 Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [2] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [3]
2 Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [1.5] : Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [0]
3 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [1] : Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [2.5]
4 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [2.5] : Eborlas, Julio [1]
5 Lang, Grahame 1629 [0] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [1.5]

William AS
16-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Round 3 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3

1 Daenke, Stephen 1375 3 14:W 4:W 6:W
2 Staak, Eric 1502 2.5 13:W 5:W 3:D
3 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 2.5 16:W 11:W 2:D
4 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 2 12:W 1:L 7:W
5 Glascott, Brent 1133 2 8:W 2:L 11:W
6 Haydn, Gavin 1537 1.5 15:W 7:D 1:L
7 Vuckov, George 1289 1.5 9:W 6:D 4:L
8 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 1.5 5:L 13:W 10:D
9 Han, Eddie 1.5 7:L 15:D 12:W
10 Nicholls, Stuart 1042 1.5 11:L 16:W 8:D
11 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 1 10:W 3:L 5:L
12 Branson, Edward 1124 1 4:L 14:W 9:L
13 Lower, Kevin 987 1 2:L 8:L 15:W
14 MacAdam, Alex 1 1:L 12:L 16:W
15 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 .5 6:L 9:D 13:L
16 Han, Denny 0 3:L 10:L 14:L

Round 4 Draw

11 Daenke, Stephen 1375 [3] : Staak, Eric 1502 [2.5]
12 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 [2.5] : Glascott, Brent 1133 [2]
13 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [2] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [1.5]
14 Haydn, Gavin 1537 [1.5] : Han, Eddie [1.5]
15 Nicholls, Stuart 1042 [1.5] : Vuckov, George 1289 [1.5]
16 MacAdam, Alex [1] : Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [1]
17 Lower, Kevin 987 [1] : Branson, Edward 1124 [1]
18 Han, Denny [0] : Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [.5]

sleepless
19-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Games for 2010 Championship and Candidates round 3

William AS
23-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Round 4 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10
1 Sheldrick, Kevin 1969 3.5 * W D W W
2 Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2037 3.5 * D W W W
3 Zulfic, Fedja 1913 3 L * W W W
4 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1919 3 L * W W W
5 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 1.5 D L * W L
6 Cameron, Alistair 1706 1.5 L D * L +
7 Kerr, Bill 1845 1 L L L W *
8 Lang, Grahame 1629 1 L L W * L
9 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 1 L L W * L
10 Eborlas, Julio 1 L L - W *
Round 5 Draw

1 Sheldrick, Kevin 2150 1969 [3.5] : Cowley, Robert G (Bob) 2142 2037 [3.5]
2 Kerr, Bill 1952 1845 [1] : Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [1]
3 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1919 [3] : Cameron, Alistair 1875 1706 [1.5]
4 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1873 [1.5] : Zulfic, Fedja 2020 1913 [3]
5 Eborlas, Julio [1] : Lang, Grahame 1629 [1]

William AS
23-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Round 4 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4

1 Staak, Eric 1502 3.5 9:W 7:W 2:D 3:W
2 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 3.5 16:W 8:W 1:D 7:W
3 Daenke, Stephen 1375 3 15:W 10:W 6:W 1:L
4 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 2.5 7:L 9:W 5:D 10:W
5 Nicholls, Stuart 1042 2.5 8:L 16:W 4:D 11:W
6 Haydn, Gavin 1537 2.5 12:W 11:D 3:L 13:W
7 Glascott, Brent 1133 2 4:W 1:L 8:W 2:L
8 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 2 5:W 2:L 7:L 15:W
9 Lower, Kevin 987 2 1:L 4:L 12:W 14:W
10 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 2 14:W 3:L 11:W 4:L
11 Vuckov, George 1289 1.5 13:W 6:D 10:L 5:L
12 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 1.5 6:L 13:D 9:L 16:W
13 Han, Eddie 1.5 11:L 12:D 14:W 6:L
14 Branson, Edward 1124 1 10:L 15:W 13:L 9:L
15 MacAdam, Alex 1 3:L 14:L 16:W 8:L
16 Han, Denny 0 2:L 5:L 15:L 12:L

Round 5 Draw

11 Cameron, Lachlan 1154 [3.5] : Daenke, Stephen 1375 [3]
12 Staak, Eric 1502 [3.5] : Nicholls, Stuart 1042 [2.5]
13 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [2.5] : Haydn, Gavin 1537 [2.5]
14 Glascott, Brent 1133 [2] : Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [2]
15 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [2] : Lower, Kevin 987 [2]
16 Vuckov, George 1289 [1.5] : Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [1.5]
17 Han, Eddie [1.5] : MacAdam, Alex [1]
18 Branson, Edward 1124 [1] : Han, Denny [0]

george
24-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Hi Anand,
After last night's result and chat i shed tears for your unfortunate lapse.

William AS
03-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Round 5 Results

1 Sheldrick, Kevin 2155 2047 [3.5] 1:0 Cowley, Robert G 2142 2037 [3.5]
2 Kerr, Bill 1952 1831 [1] 0:1 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [1]
3 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1891 [3] 0:1 Cameron, Alistair 1862 1801 [1.5]
4 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1917 1778 [1.5] .5:.5 Zulfic, Fedja 1992 1881 [3]
5 Eborlas, Julio [1] -:+ Lang, Grahame 1629 [1]
Round 5 Cross Table

1 Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 4.5 * W W W D W
2 Cowley, Robert G 2037 3.5 L * D W W W
3 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 3.5 L * W D W W
4 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 3 L * L W W W
5 Cameron, Alistair 1801 2.5 L D W * L +
6 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 2 D D L * L W
7 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 2 L L * W W L
8 Lang, Grahame 1629 2 L L W L * +
9 Kerr, Bill 1831 1 L L W L L *
10 Eborlas, Julio 1 L L - W - *

Round 6 Draw

1 Cameron, Alistair 1862 1801 [2.5] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1917 1778 [2]
2 Cloudsdale, Colin 2075 1923 [2] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1957 1891 [3]
3 Cowley, Robert G 2142 2037 [3.5] : Kerr, Bill 1952 1831 [1]
4 Bye [1] : Sheldrick, Kevin 2155 2047 [4.5]
5 Lang, Grahame 1629 [2] : Zulfic, Fedja 1992 1881 [3.5]

William AS
03-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Round 5 Cross Table

1 Cameron, Lachlan 1195 4 16:W 6:W 2:D 5:W 3:D
2 Staak, Eric 1502 3.5 10:W 5:W 1:D 3:W 4:L
3 Daenke, Stephen 1378 3.5 12:W 11:W 8:W 2:L 1:D
4 Nicholls, Stuart 1094 3.5 6:L 16:W 7:D 14:W 2:W
5 Glascott, Brent 1133 3 7:W 2:L 6:W 1:L 11:W
6 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 3 4:W 1:L 5:L 12:W 10:W
7 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 3 5:L 10:W 4:D 11:W 8:D
8 Haydn, Gavin 1537 3 9:W 14:D 3:L 15:W 7:D
9 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 2.5 8:L 15:D 10:L 16:W 14:W
10 Lower, Kevin 980 2 2:L 7:L 9:W 13:W 6:L
11 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 2 13:W 3:L 14:W 7:L 5:L
12 MacAdam, Alex 790 2 3:L 13:L 16:W 6:L 15:W
13 Branson, Edward 1124 2 11:L 12:W 15:L 10:L 16:W
14 Vuckov, George 1289 1.5 15:W 8:D 11:L 4:L 9:L
15 Han, Eddie 1.5 14:L 9:D 13:W 8:L 12:L
16 Han, Denny 0 1:L 4:L 12:L 9:L 13:L

Round 6 Draw

11 Nicholls, Stuart 1094 [3.5] : Cameron, Lachlan 1195 [4]
12 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [3] : Staak, Eric 1502 [3.5]
13 Daenke, Stephen 1378 [3.5] : Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [3]
14 Haydn, Gavin 1537 [3] : Glascott, Brent 1133 [3]
15 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [2.5] : Branson, Edward 1124 [2]
16 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [2] : MacAdam, Alex 790 [2]
17 Lower, Kevin 980 [2] : Vuckov, George 1289 [1.5]
18 Han, Eddie [1.5] : Han, Denny [0]

that Caesar guy
03-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, Shelders really is rocking this parte :P

William AS
10-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Round 6 Results

1 Cameron, Alistair 1801 [2.5] 1:0 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 [2]
2 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 [2] 1:0 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 [3]
3 Cowley, Robert G 2037 [3.5] 1:0 Kerr, Bill 1831 [1]
4 Eborlas, Julio [1p] : Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 [4.5]
5 Lang, Grahame 1629 [1p] 0:1 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 [3.5]

Round 6 Cross Table

1 Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 4.5p * W W W W D
2 Cowley, Robert G 2037 4.5 L * D W W W W
3 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 4.5 L * W D W W W
4 Cameron, Alistair 1801 3.5 L D * W W L +
5 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 3 L L * W W L W
6 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 3 L L L * W W W
7 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 2 D D L L * W L
8 Kerr, Bill 1831 1 L L W L L L *
9 Eborlas, Julio 1pp L L - W *
10 Lang, Grahame 1629 1p L L L L W *
Round 7 Draw

1 Kerr, Bill 1831 [1] : Eborlas, Julio [1pp]
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 [3] : Cowley, Robert G 2037 [4.5]
3 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 [2] : Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 [3]
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 [4.5] : Cameron, Alistair 1801 [3.5]
5 Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 [4.5p] : Lang, Grahame 1629 [1p]

William AS
10-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Round 6 Cross Table

1 Cameron, Lachlan 1195 5 16:W 3:W 2:D 8:W 5:D 6:W
2 Staak, Eric 1502 4.5 13:W 8:W 1:D 5:W 6:L 9:W
3 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 4 6:W 1:L 8:L 14:W 13:W 5:W
4 Haydn, Gavin 1537 4 7:W 11:D 5:L 12:W 9:D 8:W
5 Daenke, Stephen 1378 3.5 14:W 10:W 4:W 2:L 1:D 3:L
6 Nicholls, Stuart 1094 3.5 3:L 16:W 9:D 11:W 2:W 1:L
7 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 3.5 4:L 12:D 13:L 16:W 11:W 15:W
8 Glascott, Brent 1133 3 9:W 2:L 3:W 1:L 10:W 4:L
9 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 3 8:L 13:W 6:D 10:W 4:D 2:L
10 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 3 15:W 5:L 11:W 9:L 8:L 14:W
11 Vuckov, George 1289 2.5 12:W 4:D 10:L 6:L 7:L 13:W
12 Han, Eddie 2.5 11:L 7:D 15:W 4:L 14:L 16:W
13 Lower, Kevin 980 2 2:L 9:L 7:W 15:W 3:L 11:L
14 MacAdam, Alex 790 2 5:L 15:L 16:W 3:L 12:W 10:L
15 Branson, Edward 1124 2 10:L 14:W 12:L 13:L 16:W 7:L
16 Han, Denny 0 1:L 6:L 14:L 7:L 15:L 12:L

Round 7 Draw

11 Cameron, Lachlan 1195 [5] : Haydn, Gavin 1537 [4]
12 Staak, Eric 1502 [4.5] : Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [4]
13 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [3.5] : Daenke, Stephen 1378 [3.5]
14 Glascott, Brent 1133 [3] : Nicholls, Stuart 1094 [3.5]
15 Branson, Edward 1124 [2] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [3]
16 Han, Denny [0] : Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [3]
17 MacAdam, Alex 790 [2] : Vuckov, George 1289 [2.5]
18 Lower, Kevin 980 [2] : Han, Eddie [2.5]

sleepless
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Games for 2010 Championship to round 6, and Candidates to round 4 are

sleepless
13-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Ballarat Begonia crosstable and images are now available at www.sachess.org

William AS
16-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Round 7 Results

1 Kerr, Bill 1831 [1] 1:0 Eborlas, Julio [1]
2 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 [3] .5:.5 Cowley, Robert G 2037 [4.5]
3 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 [2] 0:1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 [3]
4 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 [4.5] .5:.5 Cameron, Alistair 1801 [3.5]
5 Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 [4.5] 1:0 Lang, Grahame 1629 [1]
Round 8 Draw

1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 [4] : Zulfic, Fedja 1881 [5]
2 Cowley, Robert G 2037 [5] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 [2]
3 Eborlas, Julio [1] : Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 [3.5]
4 Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 [5.5] : Kerr, Bill 1831 [2]
5 Lang, Grahame 1629 [1] : Cameron, Alistair 1801 [4]

William AS
16-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Round 7 Cross Table

1 Cameron, Lachlan 1195 6 16:W 5:W 2:D 12:W 3:D 4:W 6:W
2 Staak, Eric 1502 5.5 14:W 12:W 1:D 3:W 4:L 8:W 5:W
3 Daenke, Stephen 1378 4.5 15:W 7:W 6:W 2:L 1:D 5:L 10:W
4 Nicholls, Stuart 1094 4.5 5:L 16:W 8:D 9:W 2:W 1:L 12:W
5 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 4 4:W 1:L 12:L 15:W 14:W 3:W 2:L
6 Haydn, Gavin 1537 4 10:W 9:D 3:L 11:W 8:D 12:W 1:L
7 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 4 13:W 3:L 9:W 8:L 12:L 15:W 16:W
8 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 3.5 12:L 14:W 4:D 7:W 6:D 2:L 13:D
9 Vuckov, George 1289 3.5 11:W 6:D 7:L 4:L 10:L 14:W 15:W
10 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 3.5 6:L 11:D 14:L 16:W 9:W 13:W 3:L
11 Han, Eddie 3.5 9:L 10:D 13:W 6:L 15:L 16:W 14:W
12 Glascott, Brent 1133 3 8:W 2:L 5:W 1:L 7:W 6:L 4:L
13 Branson, Edward 1124 2.5 7:L 15:W 11:L 14:L 16:W 10:L 8:D
14 Lower, Kevin 980 2 2:L 8:L 10:W 13:W 5:L 9:L 11:L
15 MacAdam, Alex 790 2 3:L 13:L 16:W 5:L 11:W 7:L 9:L
16 Han, Denny 0 1:L 4:L 15:L 10:L 13:L 11:L 7:LSouth Australian Candidates 2010
Round 8 Draw

11 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [4] : Cameron, Lachlan 1195 [6]
12 Haydn, Gavin 1537 [4] : Staak, Eric 1502 [5.5]
13 Nicholls, Stuart 1094 [4.5] : Daenke, Stephen 1378 [4.5]
14 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [4] : Branson, Edward 1124 [2.5]
15 Han, Eddie [3.5] : Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [3.5]
16 Glascott, Brent 1133 [3] : Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [3.5]
17 Vuckov, George 1289 [3.5] : Han, Denny [0]
18 MacAdam, Alex 790 [2] : Lower, Kevin 980 [2]

William AS
18-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Postponed game Julio Eborlas 0 - 1 Kevin Sheldrick

Sheldrick now leads by 1.5 points with 2 rounds to go.

Bereaved
19-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Go Kevin!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

sleepless
19-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Games for 2010 Championship round 7

that Caesar guy
19-03-2010, 09:03 PM
and once again...SHELDERS!!! :D

sleepless
21-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Games for 2010 Candidates to round 6

William AS
23-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Round 8 Results

1 Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 [4] .5:.5 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 [5]
2 Cowley, Robert G 2037 [5] : Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 [2]
3 Eborlas, Julio [1] 1:0 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 [3.5]
4 Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 [6.5] 1:0 Kerr, Bill 1831 [2]
5 Lang, Grahame 1629 [1] .5:.5 Cameron, Alistair 1801 [4]

Round 9 Draw

1 Mdinaradze, Edgar 1891 [3.5] : Sheldrick, Kevin 2047 [7.5]
2 Thiyagarajah, Anand 1778 [2] : Eborlas, Julio [2]
3 Zulfic, Fedja 1881 [5.5] : Cowley, Robert G 2037 [5]
4 Cameron, Alistair 1801 [4.5] : Cloudsdale, Colin 1923 [4.5]
5 Kerr, Bill 1831 [2] : Lang, Grahame 1629 [1.5]

Congratulations Kevin Sheldrick.
South Australian Chess Champion 2010 :clap: :clap: :clap:

William AS
23-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Round 8 Cross Table

No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

1 Cameron, Lachlan 1195 6.5 16:W 5:W 2:D 10:W 3:D 4:W 9:W 6:D
2 Staak, Eric 1502 6.5 15:W 10:W 1:D 3:W 4:L 11:W 5:W 9:W
3 Daenke, Stephen 1378 4.5 13:W 6:W 9:W 2:L 1:D 5:L 12:W 4:
4 Nicholls, Stuart 1094 4.5 5:L 16:W 11:D 7:W 2:W 1:L 10:W 3:
5 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 4.5 4:W 1:L 10:L 13:W 15:W 3:W 2:L 14:D
6 Turcaj, Pavel 1591 4.5 14:W 3:L 7:W 11:L 10:L 13:W 16:W 1:D
7 Vuckov, George 1289 4.5 8:W 9:D 6:L 4:L 12:L 15:W 13:W 16:W
8 Han, Eddie 4.5 7:L 12:D 14:W 9:L 13:L 16:W 15:W 11:W
9 Haydn, Gavin 1537 4 12:W 7:D 3:L 8:W 11:D 10:W 1:L 2:L
10 Glascott, Brent 1133 4 11:W 2:L 5:W 1:L 6:W 9:L 4:L 12:W
11 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 3.5 10:L 15:W 4:D 6:W 9:D 2:L 14:D 8:L
12 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 3.5 9:L 8:D 15:L 16:W 7:W 14:W 3:L 10:L
13 MacAdam, Alex 790 3 3:L 14:L 16:W 5:L 8:W 6:L 7:L 15:W
14 Branson, Edward 1124 3 6:L 13:W 8:L 15:L 16:W 12:L 11:D 5:D
15 Lower, Kevin 980 2 2:L 11:L 12:W 14:W 5:L 7:L 8:L 13:L
16 Han, Denny 0 1:L 4:L 13:L 12:L 14:L 8:L 6:L 7:L
Round 9 Provisional Draw
[subject to result of postponed game Nicholls - Daenke to be played Sunday 1.00pm]

11 Staak, Eric 1502 [6.5] : Turcaj, Pavel 1591 [4.5]
12 Cameron, Lachlan 1195 [6.5] : Vuckov, George 1289 [4.5]
13 Daenke, Stephen 1378 [4.5] : Han, Eddie [4.5]
14 Mayo, Eleesheva 1039 [3.5] : Nicholls, Stuart 1094 [4.5]
15 Ivkovic, Novica 1545 [4.5] : Haydn, Gavin 1537 [4]
16 Branson, Edward 1124 [3] : Glascott, Brent 1133 [4]
17 Paprzycki, Eryk 1645 [3.5] : MacAdam, Alex 790 [3]
18 Han, Denny [0] : Lower, Kevin 980 [2]

Bereaved
24-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Congratulations Kevin Sheldrick.
South Australian Chess Champion 2010 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done Kevin!! I am really proud of you!!

Enjoy the moment! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Take care and God Bless, Macavity ( aka Malcolm Pyke )

Oepty
24-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Well done to Kevin. It is his second State Championships, the first being in 1999.
Scott

William AS
26-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Postponed game Julio Eborlas 1 - 0 Grahame Lang