PDA

View Full Version : New ratings lists and pairings sf FIDE rating floor

ER
24-03-2007, 10:29 PM
When the quarterly rating lists are published during a tournament how does that affect the pairings of the remaining rounds?
Cheers and good luck!

ER
24-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I just realised I posted in the wrong thread, could someone of the mods please take it to the right place? thanks
Cheers and good luck!

Garvinator
25-03-2007, 12:09 AM
When the quarterly rating lists are published during a tournament how does that affect the pairings of the remaining rounds?
Cheers and good luck!
It doesnt. For almost all tournaments the ratings used at the start of tournament are used for the entire tournament. The only situation I can think of where a person's rating might change from the start of the tournament is in the case of an unrated player.

ER
25-03-2007, 08:10 AM
thanks GG
Cheers and good luck!

MARON
25-03-2007, 04:56 PM
how about the rating submissions to ACF? do the tournament organizers submit the current rating or the new one that was published in the middle of a tournament?

Trent Parker
29-03-2007, 02:21 AM
The tournament organiser would just send all the swiss perfect files even if there were old ratings used. the Ratings officer would not look at the rating supplied by the Tournament organiser but the ID number supplied and the calculations would be calculated automatically.