PDA

View Full Version : What the.....?

Trent Parker
08-05-2004, 08:45 PM
148 people on the bb at one time???? how can this be???? Is it possible to get a list of names??? lol :eek:

Kevin Bonham
08-05-2004, 09:51 PM
It's a glitch generated by automated web crawlers trawling the site. The admins can explain it better.

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Reading the shoutbox in recent days has become a bit of a chore. :(

First there was an interchange between noidea and a/c that should have been moved by an admin to a place more appropriate. :rolleyes:

Second, we now have seen posters such as Bill and TCN dropping opinions and questions that deserve more attention than one-liners in the shoutbox. :doh:

What is happening to the expertise posters used to have to explore a topic in the correct forums? Are MODS asleep at the wheel? Bill, TCN and others,...pick up your game. :confused:

Third, even Karthick is prone to over-use the facility and drop provocative accusations.

It might seem like a good way for you guys to have your say and expect no considered response.....but sure is making a mess of the shoutbox functionality. And worse, it is drying up the debates on matters of current interest.

starter

arosar
28-02-2005, 09:15 AM
jenni's just been quoted in the other bb. This is so weird. It's like, I dunno, a cross conversation or something.

I'm going to join that other BB and conduct a social experiment.

AR

skip to my lou
28-02-2005, 09:16 AM

First there was an interchange between noidea and a/c that should have been moved by an admin to a place more appropriate. :rolleyes:

Second, we now have seen posters such as Bill and TCN dropping opinions and questions that deserve more attention than one-liners in the shoutbox. :doh:

What is happening to the expertise posters used to have to explore a topic in the correct forums? Are MODS asleep at the wheel? Bill, TCN and others,...pick up your game. :confused:

Third, even Karthick is prone to over-use the facility and drop provocative accusations.

It might seem like a good way for you guys to have your say and expect no considered response.....but sure is making a mess of the shoutbox functionality. And worse, it is drying up the debates on matters of current interest.

starter

You only reply when the situation is convenient to you, ya?

arosar
28-02-2005, 09:45 AM
FMD!! That dumb ass Matt Sweeney won't let me register.

AR

Rincewind
28-02-2005, 10:00 AM
FMD!! That dumb ass Matt Sweeney won't let me register.

I thought Matt would be applying the Groucho Marx criterion for membership. :)

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 10:00 AM
You only reply when the situation is convenient to you, ya?

Good morning Karthick

You will have to be clearer.

I was not replying to any post...I was starting a new issue; hence I don't understand by what you mean by "You only reply".

Which "situation" were you referring to? The misuse of the SHOUTBOX by experienced posters?

regards
starter

JGB
28-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Starter: This shoutbox fiasco must be messing with your metrics a great deal I presume. The punters clubs is up in arms im sure! :cool:

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 10:15 AM

It might seem like a good way for you guys to have your say and expect no considered response.....but sure is making a mess of the shoutbox functionality. And worse, it is drying up the debates on matters of current interest.This last comment is rich coming from you considering you decided to start your tipping of the Box Hill Autumn event on Matt's BB. If you were so concerned about debates drying up you should have started it here. In fact when DoroPhil questioned you about it, you implied he could only participate in it by going to Matt's board.

As for my use of the shoutbox about Raymond, I did that because given Matt's reliablility with regards facts, I didnt want to start a whole thread on what was in my opinion total rubbish especially since it did not match with information Sonia had given me at Mt. Buller.

Jenni's comments in the shoutbox just shows how unreliable Matt information was.

As for you referring on matt's board to Matt' news as breaking news and criticising people for commenting on it here and calling this board chess_copycat.com is just stupid.
All current evidence shows his so called news wasnt factual.

We comment on this board based on information from twic, FIDE and chessbase websites therefore your suggesting we should have to post on Matt's board is rubbish.

jenni
28-02-2005, 10:35 AM
jenni's just been quoted in the other bb. This is so weird. It's like, I dunno, a cross conversation or something.

I'm going to join that other BB and conduct a social experiment.

AR

Ooh really - I'll have to go and have a look. It was so alow the last time I went there that I gave up in disgust. :)

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 10:38 AM
This last comment is rich coming from you considering you decided to start your tipping of the Box Hill Autumn event on Matt's BB. If you were so concerned about debates drying up you should have started it here.

Bill

Not like you to be loose with the historical events my friend. Have a look at the thread next time you are over there and you will see that fg7 started the tipping question and I have helped it grow by keeping the metrics.

Hard to feel welcome here with K. and TCN wielding threats about thread discipline and yet they among the worst offenders of SHOUTBOX mis-use.

starter

ps
Any idea who Sir Tittsoff is on the other bb?

arosar
28-02-2005, 10:38 AM
You think it's funny that we got a thread almost dedicated to talking about the other mob?

Anyway, I've like created 4 accounts already cos each time I can't get my log-in. That site is friggin hopeless.

AR

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Starter: This shoutbox fiasco must be messing with your metrics a great deal I presume. The punters clubs is up in arms im sure! :cool:

JGB

My highly respected new friend.

How about you move all of that noidea-A/C stuff, and all of the UCJ stuff and all of the Raymond stuff to appropriate threads, not its current SHOUTBOX location. You have the power mate...not me.

Otherwise, I will PM gg'' and tell him to get back into action as thread-police.
The SHOUTBOX is a mess.

regards
starter

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 10:48 AM
I thought Matt would be applying the Groucho Marx criterion for membership. :)

Could be.
Or could be one of the switches in the background, left in ON condition...check IQ function for example. ;)

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Bill

Not like you to be loose with the historical events my friend. Have a look at the thread next time you are over there and you will see that fg7 started the tipping question and I have helped it grow by keeping the metrics.If anyone is being selective with the facts its you starter. Although fg7 raised the tipping issue, you started the thread when the thread already existed here. You refused to allow dorophil to participate in tipping on this board but insisted he go to the other board.

Hard to feel welcome here with K. and TCN wielding threats about thread discipline and yet they among the worst offenders of SHOUTBOX mis-use.Who made you the judge of how the shoutbox should be used. Perhaps as JBG suggests it upsets your punters club.

Any idea who Sir Tittsoff is on the other bb?Not a clue.

jenni
28-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Ooh really - I'll have to go and have a look. It was so slow the last time I went there that I gave up in disgust. :)

Went and read it - they have this hot gossip thing where they "announced" Ray's retirement and then quoted my shoutbox comment. Bit of a beatup the whole retirement thing. Ray is taking his chess restrictions very hard and Sonia was probably making a joke of it and the rumours have spread from there. Talk about women gossiping - I reckon the chess gossip circuit is twice as fast and 3 times as vicious.

If anyone is going to "retire" it is Angela, who is starting to concentrate more on school work. However I think family logistics will probably mean that as long as Ray plays, Angela will play as well.

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Could be.
Or could be one of the switches in the background, left in ON condition...check IQ function for example. ;)That makes sense. You can only be on his board if its under 100. :lol:

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Went and read it - they have this hot gossip thing where they "announced" Ray's retirement and then quoted my shoutbox comment. Bit of a beatup the whole retirement thing. Ray is taking his chess restrictions very hard and Sonia was probably making a joke of it and the rumours have spread from there.Typical Sweeney beatup.
No doubt he just overheard a conversation and put his own interpretation on it.
He obviously didnt actually ask Sonia about it.

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 11:00 AM
That makes sense. You can only be on his board if its under 100. :lol:

OOOOOOOhhhhhh, Bill

Amiel is going to hate you.

In the interim I have checked via e-mail with Matt.
Amiel is not stopped from registering. He just hasn't mastered it yet.......... ;)

starter

JGB
28-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Otherwise, I will PM gg'' and tell him to get back into action as thread-police.
The SHOUTBOX is a mess.

regards
starter

Friend... :)
Is that a threat?! :D Anyway, I don't have the time for cleaning the shout box 'mess' out. They have not technically broken any rules. :hmm:

arosar
28-02-2005, 11:05 AM
In the interim I have checked via e-mail with Matt.
Amiel is not stopped from registering. He just hasn't mastered it yet.......... ;)

I'm there now you fool.

Listen, don't post any shit about CI in that UCJ bb OK. Or I'll bloody abuse you witless in the Gloves Off thread.

AR

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm there now you fool.

Listen, don't post any shit about CI in that UCJ bb OK. Or I'll bloody abuse you witless in the Gloves Off thread.

AR

Hey Jaynius (ne AR)

Welcome there.
Nice touch that bit about the 'a' and the 'an'.

Btw, there is a spell-checker on that bb, if you need any help with the spelling of your name. And you don't have to be a genius to use it.

starter

arosar
28-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Well, since you're so bloody smart - can you decipher that handle then?

AR

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Well, since you're so bloody smart - can you decipher that handle then?Even starter should be able to as it is fairly obvious. ;)

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 11:55 AM
On behalf of the thread initiator (who seems to start threads and then just disappear over the horizon and trash the SHOUTBOX), here is a brief metrical summary of this particular thread to date

INITIATE date ..........8/5/2004
2nd post..................8/5/2004
Posts 3-25......all on 28/2/2005

starter

ps

God willing, UCJ doesn't have a SWITCH that turns on a SHOUTBOX.

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 12:00 PM
On behalf of the thread initiator (who seems to start threads and then just disappear over the horizon and trash the SHOUTBOX), here is a brief metrical summary of this particular thread to date

starter

ps

God willing, UCJ doesn't have a SWITCH that turns on a SHOUTBOX.Someone might just suggest that post #3 has nothing to do with posts 1 and 2 of this thread and as such the metrics are useless.
Perhaps the fool who posted #3 should have considered starting a new thread.

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Someone might just suggest that post #3 has nothing to do with posts 1 and 2 of this thread and as such the metrics are useless.
Perhaps the fool who posted #3 should have considered starting a new thread.

A reasonable question by you Bill; to which I will reply without any sledge.

The thread-initiator apparently noticed a phenomenon on the bb to which his reaction was 'What the...'.
KB gave a reaonable response in post #2.

Likewise, I noticed the alarming deterioration in the use of the SHOUTBOX, without anyone appearing to have cared over the week-end. My reaction was "What the...".

I rarely start new threads because I think this is a mature bb and probably has most bases covered. When I looked for an appropriate thread, I found this one, which I still think was............................................app ropriate.

starter

ps
Happy to theorise on why the deterioration occurred btw.
Just say the word.

Bill Gletsos
28-02-2005, 12:15 PM
A reasonable question by you Bill; to which I will reply without any sledge.

The thread-initiator apparently noticed a phenomenon on the bb to which his reaction was 'What the...'.
KB gave a reaonable response in post #2.

Likewise, I noticed the alarming deterioration in the use of the SHOUTBOX, without anyone appearing to have cared over the week-end. My reaction was "What the...".

I rarely start new threads because I think this is a mature bb and probably has most bases covered. When I looked for an appropriate thread, I found this one, which I still think was............................................app ropriate.

starter

ps
Happy to theorise on why the deterioration occurred btw.
Just say the word.All well and good but post #26 with your metric was complete rubbish.

ursogr8
28-02-2005, 12:22 PM
;) ^
I didn't say they were all sledge-free

Garvinator
28-02-2005, 01:06 PM
The SHOUTBOX is a mess.

regards
starter
who exactly are you threatening here, i am not aware that they are breaking any rules in the shoutbox :eek:

ursogr8
01-03-2005, 07:11 AM
who exactly are you threatening here, i am not aware that they are breaking any rules in the shoutbox :eek:

gg''

If you are comfortable with two posters playing a lengthy cc game in the shoutbox;
if you are comfortable with K. posting provocative shouts and then rejecting the offer to debate in a proper (existing) thread;
if you are comfortable with Bill dragging posts from UCJ (that he wants to lampoon) into the SHOUTBOX, so that debate is restricted (and then when he is exposed for this tactic, he wimps out and posts in the Coffee Lounge, to minimise exposure of UCJ to cc.com),
then slip back into a torpor.

Sorry I troubled you with the offer to be a voice of reason.

regards
starter

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 11:21 AM

starter

ps

God willing, UCJ doesn't have a SWITCH that turns on a SHOUTBOX.

Starter you ..... No, No i'll refrain once again from name calling...but its getting harder....

The first post was asking a question. The second was answering the question. There was no need for further posts.

ursogr8
01-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Starter you ..... No, No i'll refrain once again from name calling...but its getting harder....

The first post was asking a question. The second was answering the question. There was no need for further posts.

TCN

That is correct. I concede....two posts was sufficient. Q then A.
That was the sum total of an entire thread. You are right.

How come you didn't put it in an existing thread like Forum Feedback; you can do that as a MOD or a Premium member?

starter

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Well starter.... If there was a shout box back then i would have shouted it. But there wasn't. I don't know why i didn't put it in the forum feedback thread. Maybe there might have been some other feedback discussion happening on that thread. I Don't know..

ursogr8
01-03-2005, 11:45 AM
From the 8/2 to the 28/2 is 20 days is plenty of time to do housekeeping to save K. space.

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm there now you fool.

AR

[Loudly whispers] Hey Arosar, Let 'im put his CI index on UCJ.... It'll make this BB a better place.....[/Loudly whispers]

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 12:09 PM
From the 8/2 to the 28/2 is 20 days is plenty of time to do housekeeping to save K. space.

Umm Starter Read your previous post.

this thread was started 8/5/2004 not 8/2. N.B Well before I received Mod powers.

Garvinator
01-03-2005, 12:11 PM
gg''

If you are comfortable with two posters playing a lengthy cc game in the shoutbox;
if you are comfortable with K. posting provocative shouts and then rejecting the offer to debate in a proper (existing) thread;
if you are comfortable with Bill dragging posts from UCJ (that he wants to lampoon) into the SHOUTBOX, so that debate is restricted (and then when he is exposed for this tactic, he wimps out and posts in the Coffee Lounge, to minimise exposure of UCJ to cc.com),
then slip back into a torpor.

Sorry I troubled you with the offer to be a voice of reason.

regards
starter

more it was a case of my opinion are not listened to, so i have grown tired of trying to help out the moderators and make their job easier. When i applied to be a mod to save them more work, it was rejected as I wasnt the right type of applicant, so i have given up on being any mod help.

That means they can do their job themselves.

ursogr8
01-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Umm Starter Read your previous post.

this thread was started 8/5/2004 not 8/2. N.B Well before I received Mod powers.

So TCN, just calculate for me how many days between you receiving your MOD power and 27/2/5 you failed to housekeep a two-post thread initiated by you.

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Starter you fool.

This thread was dead and buried.
The other mods for 6-7 months did not see fit to move this thread.

Stop posting Bull<edit>>.

ursogr8
01-03-2005, 12:26 PM
[Loudly wispers] Hey Arosar, Let 'im put his CI index on UCJ.... It'll make this BB a better place.....[/Loudly wispers]

Loudly wispers

My Dictionary lists 7 meanings for wisp.
#6 is quite humourous.... to rub (a horse) down with a wisp of straw

None for wisper. :confused:

I have done my best to make sense of your post TCN.

starter

Trent Parker
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Loudly wispers

My Dictionary lists 7 meanings for wisp.
#6 is quite humourous.... to rub (a horse) down with a wisp of straw

None for wisper. :confused:

I have done my best to make sense of your post TCN.

starter

Stop posting Bull<edit>>.

you knew what i meant, you fool

Anyhow i have edited that post....