PDA

View Full Version : 100% new account bonus and 40% rakeback offer

Gattaca
05-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I have a deal whereby I can get you 40% rakeback for the life of your account at Mansion. There is also a 100% new account bonus, so it's one of the best deals around.

Not a good site for tournaments, but fine for cash games.

You can find out details at my poker website, www.theholdemlounge.com

Cheers,

Guy West.

pax
13-03-2007, 12:33 PM
How does the rakeback work? Is it 40% of the rake divided by the number of players at the table?

What are the rules on their 100% bonus - how many raked hands before you get it etc? Does this combine with your 'sponsor to play' deal?

Gattaca
15-03-2007, 01:38 AM
How does the rakeback work? Is it 40% of the rake divided by the number of players at the table?

What are the rules on their 100% bonus - how many raked hands before you get it etc? Does this combine with your 'sponsor to play' deal?

Hi Jon.

Sorry about the delay, I don't get on here much.

The rakeback figure is worked out by a guy at Mansion who I deal with.

As far as I understand it you only contribute rake when you win a pot that is larger than the rakeable minimum, because when you lose a pot the amount deducted from the pot doesn't affect you.

If you add up all the rake that is deducted from pots you win that would be the total amount of rake that you as a player contribute.

Under the deal I have, my referred players would get back 40% of the rake that they personally contributed.

Re the 100% new account bonus, the rules associated with releasing bonus amounts are on the site, so best to get it straight from the horse's mouth. I must admit I haven't looked, because I play online enough to easily clear initial bonus amounts whatever the rules are on a given site.

The sponsorships I offer on TheHoldemLounge are separate from the Mansion deal. I sponsor players to play at various sites other than Mansion. The commissions I get from deals with the sites more than cover the sponsorships, or at least that is the idea!

It's a good deal for someone who thinks they are a decent player but doesn't want to risk their own money. I'll give them US $50 to go and play with and any profits they make they can keep, as well as the $50 I give them. If they lose it, no problem.

Whether or not I continue to sponsor players who lose the money I give them depends on whether they are lasting long enough for the sites in question to pay me a commission based on their action. Some sites require a certain number of raked hands before they will pay a referral fee, so if I am sponsoring someone who consistently loses their $50 within 5 minutes I obviously decline further sponsorships after a while and take the losses on the chin.

So far almost all the players I've sponsored have been sensible and whilst many have been wiped out eventually, some have gone on to have funded accounts (that are growing) at numerous sites that I provided the seed capital for.

Kerry Stead
18-03-2007, 03:27 AM
Guy, have you seen the latest issue of Bluff Australiasia? One of the columnists is offering the same deal (mentions it at the end of his column). Looks like Mansion are looking to boost their numbers by offering a big rakeback percentage.
Might have to take you up on the 'sponsorship' deal sometime ... what sites do you tend to go with for these kind of things?

Gattaca
19-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Guy, have you seen the latest issue of Bluff Australiasia? One of the columnists is offering the same deal (mentions it at the end of his column). Looks like Mansion are looking to boost their numbers by offering a big rakeback percentage.
Might have to take you up on the 'sponsorship' deal sometime ... what sites do you tend to go with for these kind of things?

No, haven't seen the latest Bluff Australasia.

Yes, there's a guy at Mansion who has contacted about half a dozen key poker website owners in Australia and set them up with this deal.

The best thing about Mansion besides their rakeback deal is that their $100k guaranteed tournaments (held 3 days a week at 10pm Melbourne time) are only about half full so there is a massive overlay in them. They cost $100 to enter though.

Re the sponsorships, I do sites like Bodog, Pokerroom.com, Titan, CD Poker, Blue Square, etc. The huge sites like Party and Pokerstars too many people already have accounts with.

Enjoyed the poker at your place recently, thanks.

Guy.

Sutek
21-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Has anyone used Crown's new electronic PokerPro tables yet?

I would be interested in hearing some reports.