PDA

View Full Version : Oz Poker Tour

IM_bob
29-01-2007, 02:32 AM
I would like to play in this tournament http://www.ozpokertour.com.au/index.php?option=com_thyme&calendar=1&category=0&d=29&m=1&y=2007&Itemid=77&event=143&instance=2007-1-31.

And I just wanted to know which of the following is correct

1) If i want to play level 1, my entry fee is $12. My prize is winning entry into level 2 and if i win level 2 i then i also win entry into level 3 and if i so happen to win this as well i have a free entry into 'Ultimate Survivor' held at the pokerdome worth $450.

2) If i want to play level 1, my entry fee is "$5 entry per event". If i so happen to win, first prize is $100 + $55 Entry into Oz Main Poker Tour Event at the Pokerdome.

3) Or is it a mixture of the above?

Is there a guaranteed prize if one progresses to the Pokerdome?

I don't understand how all these prizes work sorry :doh:.

And does anybody have any game tips from their own experiences with the oz poker tour :owned:

Btw the tournament is on wednesday 31/1 as seen here http://www.ozpokertour.com.au/index.php?option=com_thyme&calendar=1&category=0&d=29&m=1&y=2007&Itemid=77

edit: oh dear i just noticed a games sub-forum on chesschat. My apologies for this misplaced thread and if any mod wishes to move this to the games sub-forum, be my guest.

Kerry Stead
29-01-2007, 08:18 AM
I would like to play in this tournament http://www.ozpokertour.com.au/index.php?option=com_thyme&calendar=1&category=0&d=29&m=1&y=2007&Itemid=77&event=143&instance=2007-1-31.

And I just wanted to know which of the following is correct

1) If i want to play level 1, my entry fee is $12. My prize is winning entry into level 2 and if i win level 2 i then i also win entry into level 3 and if i so happen to win this as well i have a free entry into 'Ultimate Survivor' held at the pokerdome worth $450.

2) If i want to play level 1, my entry fee is "$5 entry per event". If i so happen to win, first prize is $100 + $55 Entry into Oz Main Poker Tour Event at the Pokerdome.

3) Or is it a mixture of the above?

Is there a guaranteed prize if one progresses to the Pokerdome?

I don't understand how all these prizes work sorry :doh:.

And does anybody have any game tips from their own experiences with the oz poker tour :owned:

Btw the tournament is on wednesday 31/1 as seen here http://www.ozpokertour.com.au/index.php?option=com_thyme&calendar=1&category=0&d=29&m=1&y=2007&Itemid=77

edit: oh dear i just noticed a games sub-forum on chesschat. My apologies for this misplaced thread and if any mod wishes to move this to the games sub-forum, be my guest.

Hi Bob,
From my reading of it, its essentially 2 events - I've played in poker events at a number of locations, though not specifically the Oz Poker Tour.

The 'main' one is the $5 entry event, which would be a multi-table game, with the $100 cash prize for 1st, as well as qualification for the $55 event at the Pokerdome.

The 'secondary' event with the $12 entry is the Survivor Series event. These look like single table 'sit-n-go' events, where the winner of the single table qualifies for level 2, while the 2-4 place getting a place back into level 1
The maths of it works out something like this:
Level 1: 8 x $12 entries = $96
Prizes = 1 x $35 + 3 x $12 entries = $71 (ie: $25 profit for organisers)
Level 2: 8 x $35 entries = $280
Prizes = 1 x $120 + 3 x $35 entries = $225 (ie: $55 profit)
Level 3: 8 x $120 entries = $960
Prizes = 1 x $450 + 3 x $120 entries = $810 (ie: $150 profit)

Bascially its a way to keep players there playing (and spending money) so they can have a chance of qualifying for a big event. For players, it gives them an opportunity to play in a big event without having to fork over a large entry fee. Once a player 'busts out' of the $5 event, they can stay and play in a $12 sit-n-go, or a later, more expensive sit-n-go.

bergil
29-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi Bob,
From my reading of it, its essentially 2 events - I've played in poker events at a number of locations, though not specifically the Oz Poker Tour.

The 'main' one is the $5 entry event, which would be a multi-table game, with the $100 cash prize for 1st, as well as qualification for the $55 event at the Pokerdome.

The 'secondary' event with the $12 entry is the Survivor Series event. These look like single table 'sit-n-go' events, where the winner of the single table qualifies for level 2, while the 2-4 place getting a place back into level 1
The maths of it works out something like this:
Level 1: 8 x $12 entries = $96
Prizes = 1 x $35 + 3 x $12 entries = $71 (ie: $25 profit for organisers)
Level 2: 8 x $35 entries = $280
Prizes = 1 x $120 + 3 x $35 entries = $225 (ie: $55 profit)
Level 3: 8 x $120 entries = $960
Prizes = 1 x $450 + 3 x $120 entries = $810 (ie: $150 profit)

Bascially its a way to keep players there playing (and spending money) so they can have a chance of qualifying for a big event. For players, it gives them an opportunity to play in a big event without having to fork over a large entry fee. Once a player 'busts out' of the $5 event, they can stay and play in a $12 sit-n-go, or a later, more expensive sit-n-go.
That's how it works although the survivor series rarely gets played as not too many are interested because of the blind doubling every time someone busts out.

IM_bob
29-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that Kerry.

I think i'll enter the $5 tournament thing just to test out my luck first!

However i don't quite see how they can make any profits from this. If each entry is $5 and the 1st prize is $100 + $55 entry (and there's minor placing prizes too) they'd need at least a good 50 or so people to play to break even. Can there really be that many players in a very small local tournament?

I had wanted to be the very best that noone ever was too :(

bergil
30-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for that Kerry.

I think i'll enter the $5 tournament thing just to test out my luck first!

However i don't quite see how they can make any profits from this. If each entry is $5 and the 1st prize is $100 + $55 entry (and there's minor placing prizes too) they'd need at least a good 50 or so people to play to break even. Can there really be that many players in a very small local tournament?

I had wanted to be the very best that noone ever was too :(
Northmead on Wednesday's get 60+ players. ;)