PDA

View Full Version : CC Tournament No 4

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Chess Chat Correspondence Tournament Number 4 is now open for entries. Humans only.

Please indicate interest in playing in this thread.

Double round robin
1 move every 7 days minimum
14 days holiday/vacation if required.

Basil
25-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Move every 7 days. Sheez one trip a week to an internet cafe isn't too much to ask for!

http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/rumble.wav

Desmond
25-01-2007, 08:15 AM
me

JGB
25-01-2007, 08:26 AM
me

zigzag
25-01-2007, 09:19 AM
If its not too late to join I would be interested.
I need to iron out the rust.:D

Sunshine
25-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks ggraygray - I'd definitely like to play.

I'd also prefer a faster time control - perhaps 40 moves in 40 days to keep it moving along.

Having said that - I'll play under whatever rules are in place.

Basil
25-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Rule #1 - No hypnotising!
Rule #2 - Unsound sacrifices by Queenslanders may be taken back.
Rule #3 - Howard is allowed two rooks on h1 at the start of play as he is prone to carelessly discard one of them inside of the first ten moves.
Rule #4 - Ditto for Q-bishops.

zigzag
25-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks ggraygray - I'd definitely like to play.

I'd also prefer a faster time control - perhaps 40 moves in 40 days to keep it moving along.

Barring illness or unforseen circumstances I would imagine most of us could average one move per day.:hmm:

Sunshine
25-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Rule #1 - No hypnotising!
Rule #2 - Unsound sacrifices by Queenslanders may be taken back.
Rule #3 - Howard is allowed two rooks on h1 at the start of play as he is prone to carelessly discard one of them inside of the first ten moves.
Rule #4 - Ditto for Q-bishops.

Rule #5 No unfortunate miscalculations against Howard.

I've written this across my screen in big black letters.

antichrist
25-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Chess Chat Correspondence Tournament Number 4 is now open for entries. Humans only.

Please indicate interest in playing in this thread.

Double round robin
1 move every 7 days minimum
14 days holiday/vacation if required.

How many games simulataneously? So a total of how many moves a week?

I am known as a fast worker?

Basil
25-01-2007, 11:39 AM
How many games simulataneously? So a total of how many moves a week?
If we told you, you'd only ask gain.
If we told you, you'd (pretend to) not understand.

So in the interests of clarity, we won't tell you :)

antichrist
25-01-2007, 11:48 AM
If we told you, you'd only ask gain.
If we told you, you'd (pretend to) not understand.

So in the interests of clarity, we won't tell you :)

Rule 1.
(a) states :- don't play twice with the same cheat
(b) states:- learn from your mistakes
(c) states:- you were sucked in

And I hope that this clarified things for you too.

And I eternally glad that you did not respond to the fast worker quip, that is for Watto.

Basil
25-01-2007, 11:50 AM
So, are you playing or what?

antichrist
25-01-2007, 11:53 AM
So, are you playing or what?

I shall show my hand after I get two questions answered:
a. how come KerryS is in only the middle of ratings table and a lowly-rated player is near the top
b. how many games and moves to make a week?
c. when will David HIcks and Starter be freed?

Basil
25-01-2007, 11:59 AM
a. how come KerryS is in only the middle of ratings table and a lowly-rated player is near the top

a) Because Garvin's ratings points have come from a tournament which permitted all players to use computer analysis. Garvin and his box performed well in that tournament.

b) Number of games per week will depend on entries. It is being suggested that each player will have to make one move per game per week (minimum).

There are the two answers you requested.

Sunshine
25-01-2007, 12:08 PM

For (a) I suggest you look at Chesschat Tournament number 3. Kerry made two bad blunders in the games against me. I expect he gives these games less attention than others do.
For (b) there was 12 games at once.

I leave (c) to others.

antichrist
25-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for explano re computer use - only took about 4 posts to get proper response - KB tried to tell me that at CC GG was a miracle-worker. I still don't know why KerryS is only in middle of table thereabouts.

When I get an idea of how many games I will decide. I am trying to get away for a while (outside of internet use) but can't plan yet.

antichrist
25-01-2007, 12:26 PM
For (a) I suggest you look at Chesschat Tournament number 3. Kerry made two bad blunders in the games against me. I expect he gives these games less attention than others do.
For (b) there was 12 games at once.

I leave (c) to others.

I have only seen your post afterwards, thanks for explano. If there are many games I will have to give a miss. Thanks anyway.

Spiny Norman
25-01-2007, 01:17 PM
... blah, blah, blah ...
<sound=on>*kerplonk*<sound=off>

For those unfamiliar with the ker-plonk sound, that was antichrist being added permanently to my ignore list.

Biblical allusions spring to mind, such as me having been caught out casting pearls before swine.

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Players entered so far:

Boris
JGB
zigzag
Sunshine
Howard Duggan

Frosty, are you interested in playing?

Entries close Sunday 28th Jan 11:59pm

Spiny Norman
25-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Frosty, are you interested in playing?
Thanks for the invitation, but I'll pass on the offer ... just back at work and am way too busy at the moment.

Axiom
25-01-2007, 03:04 PM
im in!

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Boris
JGB
zigzag
Sunshine
Howard Duggan
Axiom

JGB
25-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Someone said something about 1 move per day. Sorry i would not be able to conform to that kind of regulation. I just cannot spare the time everyday to play CC. Personally, something like 40 moves/ 40 days however is more realistic.

Basil
25-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Someone said something about 1 move per day. Sorry i would not be able to conform to that kind of regulation. I just cannot spare the time everyday to play CC. Personally, something like 40 moves/ 40 days however is more realistic.

I would be happy with that. I appreciate there's difference, but it's all the same to me :)

Axiom
25-01-2007, 04:13 PM
JGB-Its not too strict.......just a few moves per week minimum is fine..........i think the rules say at least one move per week,but 1 move per week all game,could get a bit drawn out..................btw JGB ,what is your rating?

JGB
25-01-2007, 04:17 PM
JGB-Its not too strict.......just a few moves per week minimum is fine..........i think the rules say at least one move per week,but 1 move per week all game,could get a bit drawn out..................btw JGB ,what is your rating?

Good question tell me and we will both know.

Axiom
25-01-2007, 04:24 PM
approx. 1500 ?

JGB
25-01-2007, 04:28 PM
approx. 1500 ?
yeah i'd say so. I played a few tournaments in Australia a few years ago so I am sure a rating exists.

Axiom
25-01-2007, 04:41 PM
yeah i'd say so. I played a few tournaments in Australia a few years ago so I am sure a rating exists.ok, good to see you in this tournament...........i want to do better than i did last time:(

Axiom
25-01-2007, 04:45 PM
most important rule is : strictly and absolutely - no use of chess computers .

Desmond
25-01-2007, 04:48 PM
ok, good to see you in this tournament...........i want to do better than i did last time:(:lol: Are those two sentiments related? U trying to say somthing Ax? ;)

Axiom
25-01-2007, 04:56 PM
:lol: Are those two sentiments related? U trying to say somthing Ax? ;)
unrelated,on the conscious level,just hoping all players have the same philosophy with regards to the REAL contest.....and play as though in a tournament hall,human v human.

chessaddict
25-01-2007, 05:12 PM
me if its not too late send me all the details

Sunshine
25-01-2007, 05:13 PM
unrelated,on the conscious level,just hoping all players have the same philosophy with regards to the REAL contest.....and play as though in a tournament hall,human v human.

Sounds like you've got some real concerns there.

I hope that they are not about the current CC title holder from Chess Chat #3.

I don't see why anyone would bother about an unfair advantage in a social tournament.

Sunshine
25-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I think we are up to 8 entrants - which is about my limit for a double round robin. 14 games is probably more than i can manage at once

Perhaps we close or look at a single round robin ?

ER
25-01-2007, 05:26 PM
ok i play too if there is time for late entries

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I think we are up to 8 entrants - which is about my limit for a double round robin. 14 games is probably more than i can manage at once

Perhaps we close or look at a single round robin ?
I still want to give those who have not happened to log in during the last day a chance to enter.

Therefore, if we get more than 8, it will be single round robin. If we go SRR, I will make sure we have an odd number of entries so everyone gets the same number of whites and blacks.

ER
25-01-2007, 05:27 PM
if there is a problem ok with me, i can play next time

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Current entrants:

Boris
JGB
zigzag
Sunshine
Howard Duggan
Axiom
chessaddict
heaviestknight

Have I missed anyone so far?

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 05:30 PM

I notice that the winners of the two completed chesschat tournaments have entered.

1) JGB
3) Sunshine

2) was assassinated after most players stopped playing because of loss of pgn viewer.

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Hello Admins/mods,

Since this tournament will be going ahead, can you create a sub forum for this tournament please? Also, I would like this thread to be moved to the sub forum as well.

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Time controls:

I think the 40 days + 1 move per day increment move rate would be good, except that it seems difficult to update and maintain without use of a specific server.

I proposed the 1 move per week as it was used in the previous tournaments. Players are of course free to make many moves per day if they wish.

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 05:48 PM
me if its not too late send me all the details
I see you have not made any posts so far on here. Therefore, I am unable to send you a pm with any details.

Please send me an email at garvingray@optusnet.com.au and tell me who you are?

ER
25-01-2007, 06:07 PM
when do we start?

JGB
25-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Hello Admins/mods,

Since this tournament will be going ahead, can you create a sub forum for this tournament please? Also, I would like this thread to be moved to the sub forum as well.

Actually I'll leave that to someone more experienced. It is actually a complex procedure and looks like it can cause major problems if done incorrectly. Ill ask for help in the admin forums.

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 06:30 PM
when do we start?
Entries close Sunday 28th Jan 11:59pm

Axiom
25-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you've got some real concerns there.

I hope that they are not about the current CC title holder from Chess Chat #3.

I don't see why anyone would bother about an unfair advantage in a social tournament.
Sunshine,needless to say,you are above reproach,...and i have encountered no problems in this area thus far,from any participant.......i just think that there is no harm in a black and white reminder, as it is a cause for concern for some potential entrants.

Garvinator
25-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Hello Admins/mods,

zigzag
26-01-2007, 08:58 AM
With 8 current entrants ,does this mean we will be playing 8 games at once?:hmm:

Rincewind
26-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Garvin,

This has been done. In the future (unless admin personnel change) the quickest way to achieve this end is probably a PM to me directly. I was unaware f the request until JGB brought it to my attention. Fortunately this didn't take long but it might have as I have not been reading this forum.

Good luck to all competitors!

Garvinator
26-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Garvin,

This has been done. In the future (unless admin personnel change) the quickest way to achieve this end is probably a PM to me directly. I was unaware f the request until JGB brought it to my attention. Fortunately this didn't take long but it might have as I have not been reading this forum.

Good luck to all competitors!
Thank you and will do so in future :clap: :clap:

Garvinator
26-01-2007, 11:34 AM
With 8 current entrants ,does this mean we will be playing 8 games at once?:hmm:
With 8 entrants, it will be 14 games at once.

If there is another entrant, it will become single round robin and so with nine entrants, you would only have 8 games at once.

Garrett
26-01-2007, 06:55 PM
<sound=on>*kerplonk*<sound=off>

For those unfamiliar with the ker-plonk sound, that was antichrist being added permanently to my ignore list.

Biblical allusions spring to mind, such as me having been caught out casting pearls before swine.

Thanks for the explanation Frosty. For a moment I thought that noise was all the innocent babies God slaughtered in Noah's flood.

zigzag
27-01-2007, 08:16 AM
With 8 entrants, it will be 14 games at once.

If there is another entrant, it will become single round robin and so with nine entrants, you would only have 8 games at once.

So once the tournament starts you play your first move of all your games and then play whichever game you want in any order?

Do the players set up individual game threads or does an "arbiter"?:hmm:

Garvinator
27-01-2007, 11:18 AM
So once the tournament starts you play your first move of all your games and then play whichever game you want in any order? You can play your games in any order you wish. As long as you make one move in each game in a week, you are fine. Of course if you wish to play alot faster than that, that is up to you :)

Do the players set up individual game threads or does an arbiter? :hmm:I will set up all the games.

Garvinator
27-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Reminder to all that entries close tomorrow night.

ER
28-01-2007, 06:40 PM
hi
first time CC player here plz direct me to tables :)
Cheers and good luck!

Axiom
28-01-2007, 09:06 PM
hi
first time CC player here plz direct me to tables :)
Cheers and good luck!
table directions are easier than universe orientation :)

JGB
28-01-2007, 09:25 PM
With 8 entrants, it will be 14 games at once...

wow, things really have changed around here since the last CC tourney I played in. I hate to make life difficult but I am going to have to cancel my entry. I find it a little too demanding playing 4 games at once. I prefer to play my Corro chess OTB and don't really feel like setting up and rebuilding each position for every game. Wish I had the time to play. Sorry again folks and hate to make life difficult.

Axiom
28-01-2007, 10:24 PM
wow, things really have changed around here since the last CC tourney I played in. I hate to make life difficult but I am going to have to cancel my entry. I find it a little too demanding playing 4 games at once. I prefer to play my Corro chess OTB and don't really feel like setting up and rebuilding each position for every game. Wish I had the time to play. Sorry again folks and hate to make life difficult.
:doh: :wall: :(

Garvinator
28-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, these tourneys are gaining in popularity ;).

Lucky I read this thread before I started creating games :eek: A pm would have been better :). Thanks for telling me though :clap:

Garvinator
29-01-2007, 12:01 AM
All games have been created. Please go to your game thread and start making moves.

Hope everyone enjoys their games :clap:

Basil
29-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the set-up Garvin. Appreciate the effort.

Axiom
06-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Last week,i suffered a personal tragedy,hence my absence........i would like to apologise to all my opponents in this tourn.............i have been regretfully ,considering withdrawing........but will try to continue,..i will certainly let you know,if this becomes too difficult.

Desmond
07-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Last week,i suffered a personal tragedy,hence my absence........i would like to apologise to all my opponents in this tourn.............i have been regretfully ,considering withdrawing........but will try to continue,..i will certainly let you know,if this becomes too difficult.Sorry to hear that. No probs re the move rates, just one move in each game per week is fine by me.

Garvinator
07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Dear all participants,

Please make sure that the moves you make are legal and that the notation is accurate.

It has been noted that this has not been done in some games so far. It is inconsiderate to your opponent to tender illegal moves, either through incorrect notation or the actual playing of an illegal move.

If you are in doubt as to the position in the game, use the pgn viewer.

I am trying to think of appropriate penalties for playing illegal moves.

Basil
07-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I am trying to think of appropriate penalties for playing illegal moves.
Roger that, Group Leader. Would like to suggest that in THIS tournament, no penalties apply [except for Boris and Sunshine ;)]

Sunshine
07-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Roger that, Group Leader. Would like to suggest that in THIS tournament, no penalties apply [except for Boris and Sunshine ;)]

I'll become the Vinnie Jones of chess if you start penalising notation errors !

Desmond
07-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I am trying to think of appropriate penalties for playing illegal moves.I'd suggest 20 lashes with a cat o' nine tails, but I reckon some people like Howard would like it too much.

Basil
07-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I'd suggest 20 lashes with a cat o' nine tails, but I reckon some people like Howard would like it too much.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/scene66/crawford.jpg

zigzag
09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Chessaddict,you have alot of moves to make today. Please dont forget. :)

PS:You made an illegal move in one of your games against me. :P

zigzag
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
It has been at least 8 days now since Chessaddict has made a move against myself,Howard Duggan and HeaviestKnight in both our games as black and white. He has also not played a move against Boris in one of his games in 8 days.:(

This situation needs to be rectified if the tournament is to be run with any sense of order.

Axiom
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
It has been at least 8 days now since Chessaddict has made a move against myself,Howard Duggan and HeaviestKnight in both our games as black and white. He has also not played a move against Boris in one of his games in 8 days.:(

This situation needs to be rectified if the tournament is to be run with any sense of order.
...and he calls himself chessaddict! :wall:

ER
13-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Dear Chess friends
I, hereby, would like to notify you all about my decision to withdraw from all my games of this CC tournament.
The reasons are:
1) From where I post I do not have a proper Chess board to analyse my positions so I have to rely on the interactive board on which you cannot move pieces and reconstruct positions.
2) I still have not fully recovered from the back injuries I suffered since a fall last week. I am getting better though.
3) I currently am involved in a heavy scheduled training and playing OTB Chess ie
3a. Tournament games at BHCC on Tuesdays and Fridays
3b. Following GM Darryl Johansen's lectures every second Sunday at BHCC.
3c. Getting intensive training by FM Michael Baron on a weekly basis.
It is not that I am underestimating CC or that I give it less importance than all those other Chess activities I have just mentioned. On the contrary, I have found it very challenging and very hard to tackle. Further continuation of my playing in this tournament would only deprive it of the standard and interest it really deserves.
It was a great pleasure playing with you and thank you all for your understanding and consideration.
I hope you understand my position and justify my decision to withdraw from the tournament.
With kind regards
Elliott D. Renzies

zigzag
13-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear about that Heavy.:(

Garvinator
13-02-2007, 01:03 PM
This is unfortunate news.

Sunshine
13-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I hope you understand my position and justify my decision to withdraw from the tournament.

I am sure all of these excuses are valid - but quitting still says something about the underlying character.

I know both of your positions against me are reasonably resignable - I suspect you have some difficult positions in your other games as well.

Things are always harder and less enjoyable when this is the case.

But hey - I've got some character flaws too.

Basil
13-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Sunshine

I'd stake a fair bit on HK's character. I'm fortunate enough to have the advantage over you there.

Now, here's the interesting bit ... do you have sufficient belief in my character and judgment to accept my judgment of his! :P

Kevin Bonham
13-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I wonder if Glenno will rate these games or not. Since it is only a voluntary rating system on a BB I will defend whatever decision he takes, but I would be inclined to rate all those where the opponent has any sort of advantage (at least) as won by the opponent.

Re the reasons given for withdrawal:

1) He had every opportunity to be aware of his playing conditions before starting the tournament. In any case I assume there are programs available where you can move pieces around, although I can't vouch for their usability.

2) Any participant has the right to request a 14-day vacation so he could have taken a medical timeout for a while.

3) He probably had a fair idea of his commitments before starting the event.

Possibly it would be better if he said he was resigning each game to make it clear that each should be counted as a win to the opponent, rather than just removing himself from the tournament.

As for Howard, at the current rate of withdrawals he has this one on a platter!

(Or perhaps he's trying to emulate the example of the English cricket team. :doh: )

Sunshine
13-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Character only gets revealed in those "out of your comfort zone" situations.

I don't want to pass any judgement on heaviestknight in total.
Those who know him better will no doubt already have a firm opinion and are in a better position to judge.

All I'm saying is a little insight into the character is revealed in every decision you make.

I also didn't want the games to end without bragging about my positions - so that says something about me.

Basil
13-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Kevin & Sunshine

My assessment of Elliott's character stands (in cement). I also agree with what you have both said. All these perspectives can sit comfortably together.

A couple of clarifications:
- Elliott did resign in my game
- Elliott couldn't have foreseen a fall (not in the playing conditions ;))
- Elliott will have to speak for himself, but I'm certain he would agree to any ruling on the outcome from the arbiter, whether it be a determination of the position or a forfeit.

Sunshine, you may not have seen it, but in a recent game I had with Elliott (where he was arguably better), he accidentally touched the 'go' button on his game viewer, at which point the computer suggested a good move. Elliott immediately resigned the game!! :eek: I thought this anecdote might assist in determining an action against character ;)

Sunshine
13-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Howard,

My first and second inclinations were to say nothing or to provide my sympathy or some other meaningless platitude.

But 3 a), b) and c) sort of cancelled all that out.

Obviously access to a board is not a real issue and the injuries are not impacting all the other chess committments.

But, largely I don't really care - but now that I've spoken I guess there is no reasonable way for me to get out of the hidings Boris is about to give me.

ER
13-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I have taken all responsibility for my action to withdraw. I have apologised to all concerned. During my play I tried to do my best according to my abilities in an honest and dignified way. The way things are now it is impossible for me to continue playing in this tournament and I am willing to face the music, but please spare me of the character evaluation sermons. It goes a little too far don't you think?
Cheers and good luck to all!
PS and yes I accept the fact that I should have resigned individually on every game, which I mistakenly thought that I did by posting to each of my opponents my withdrawal statement. I also accept that most of my positions were resignable and I would have lost the games anyway.
ER

Basil
13-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I guess there is no reasonable way for me to get out of the hidings Boris is about to give me.
Well, you could always claim a bad back! :uhoh:

As for you and Boris, you are both truly evil monstrosities on a chess board and there is no solace in any result for me there (except maybe a double forfeit LMAO)

ER
13-02-2007, 09:40 PM
My assessment of Elliott's character stands (in cement).

Howard,
Thanks again for your support mate! It means a lot to me!
Cheers and good luck! :)

ER
13-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear about that Heavy.:(

Thanks Zig, I honestly believe I did the right thing!
Cheers and good luck!

Sunshine
13-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks again for your support mate! It means a lot to me!

..... and hopefully my comments mean nothing to you (I think you should have added that bit).

Good luck with your chess development and recovery (which is probably what I should have said first up).

ER
13-02-2007, 09:45 PM
..... and hopefully my comments mean nothing to you (I think you should have added that bit).

Good luck with your chess development and recovery.

thanks for your kind words Sunny! :)

Sunshine
13-02-2007, 09:50 PM
As for you and Boris, you are both truly evil monstrosities

Well I'm fairly rusty - but I'm really surprised at how I can't predict my opponents next move. I do a reasonable amount of analysis but constantly find the actual reply played a surprise (sometime a pleasant surprise I must say - but never with Boris).

Is this how life is over the board ?

Basil
13-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Boris is truly insidious OTB as well ;)

Basil
13-02-2007, 09:59 PM
... I accept the fact that I should have resigned individually on every game, which I mistakenly thought that I did by posting to each of my opponents my withdrawal statement.
I just checked. You did resign in every game, so don't sweat it.

I also accept that most of my positions were resignable and I would have lost the games anyway
Damn straight big fella! I just checked that too! -10 and -5.

I suppose you're going to gang up with the Baron and fix me now!

Basil
13-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Boris is truly insidious OTB as well ;)

Come to think of it, Axiom's insidious as well. What the hell have I done to deserve you lot!?

Kevin Bonham
13-02-2007, 10:19 PM
As a neutral onlooker, I'd say at a quick look that HK is in totally resignable positions in both games against Howard, clearly lost positions in both games against Sunshine and one against Boris, a somewhat shaky position in one game against Axiom, a good position in one game against Boris, and the other three are all too early to tell.

Axiom
13-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Come to think of it, Axiom's insidious as well. What the hell have I done to deserve you lot!?how am i insidious??:confused:

Basil
13-02-2007, 10:47 PM
how am i insidious??:confused:

Well, I assume you have followed the thread and appreciate the humour intended. That said, let me try and concoct a valid theory ;)

insidious adj. Working or spreading harmfully in a subtle or stealthy manner: insidious rumors; an insidious disease.

You post links to 'The Real Truth' type we-sites
You use the word Axiomatic :eek:
You win chess games with The Possum
You've been known to say nice things about me (any right-minded person knows that can't be right) ;)

Axiom
13-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, I assume you have followed the thread and appreciate the humour intended. That said, let me try and concoct a valid theory ;)

insidious adj. Working or spreading harmfully in a subtle or stealthy manner: insidious rumors; an insidious disease.

You post links to 'The Real Truth' type we-sites
You use the word Axiomatic :eek:
You win chess games with The Possum
You've been known to say nice things about me (any right-minded person knows that can't be right) ;)
hmmm, now i understand ;) (i may be struggling with a humour bypass currently too. )

Basil
14-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Game 5: Howard Duggan 1-0 Axiom

Garvinator
14-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Game 5: Howard Duggan 1-0 Axiom
foot fault, result reported in wrong thread :P

ER
15-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I suppose you're going to gang up with the Baron and fix me now!

No way mate I d' rather have you than him by my side. He makes my life difficult in the lessons. Bloody tough cookie he is!
Cheers and good luck!

zigzag
23-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Axiom,you need to make some moves against Boris and myself very soon,please dont default like Chessaddict.;)

zigzag
06-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Howard in the game where you are black against me you havnt made a move in 6 days,this is just a gentle reminder.:)

Basil
06-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Howard in the game where you are black against me you havnt made a move in 6 days,this is just a gentle reminder.:)
Apologies Zig. I recall playing 13...c6 immediately after you made your move.

Clearly I have made a posting error and not completed the post correctly. Thanks for the nudge.

Basil
08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Game 26
ZigZag 1-0 Howard Duggan

Basil
08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Game 25
Howard Duggan 0-1 Zigzag

zigzag
18-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I have noticed that Axiom is currently having an enforced layoff.
I am happy to wait for him,both of his positions against me look favourable to me,might give him more time to think about defenses though.:)

ER
18-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I know I have already a bad record on the CC board. Does that exclude me of future tournament or individual games participation?
I promise I will stay on and will not withdraw this time!
Cheers and good luck!

Sunshine
20-04-2007, 12:20 PM
I know I have already a bad record on the CC board. Does that exclude me of future tournament or individual games participation?
I promise I will stay on and will not withdraw this time!
Cheers and good luck!

Hi Heaviestknight,

For individual games you just put out a challenge and wait to see who accepts.

For tournaments you just wait until the next one starts and then indicate you want to play.

I don't think there is a black book anywhere (however, don't be waiting on any acceptances from me).

ER
21-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi Heaviestknight,

For individual games you just put out a challenge and wait to see who accepts.

For tournaments you just wait until the next one starts and then indicate you want to play.

I don't think there is a black book anywhere (however, don't be waiting on any acceptances from me).

Hi and thanks Sunshine, nice of you to respond!
Cheers and good luck!

Garvinator
05-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I will start calling for interest from participants in a couple of weeks for those that want to play in cc tournament 5.