PDA

View Full Version : Tony G

Alan Shore
18-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Has anyone else seen Tony G before? This guy is unbelievable the way he winds people up!

This is brilliant - Tony G eliminating Ralph Perry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvCn_KbLpLY

four four two
19-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Has anyone else seen Tony G before? This guy is unbelievable the way he winds people up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvCn_KbLpLY

"He aint no Koala Bear....".....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_F_XFUahMY&mode=related&search=

Kevin Bonham
20-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Does poker have any restraints on this sort of behaviour at all?

He's so extreme that my broadband connection died for no readily explained reason while looking for more examples of his trolling style!

firegoat7
20-12-2006, 12:34 PM
He's so extreme that my broadband connection died for no readily explained reason while looking for more examples of his trolling style!

Extreme? compared to what? Classic middle class morality of the Bonbot kind!

cheers fg7

firegoat7
20-12-2006, 12:36 PM

The 4-8 bluff is just a masterpiece. If you watch closely you see Perry psychologically collapse after the $201,000 bet on the turn. Fantastic stuff by Tony G.

cheers Fg7

Kevin Bonham
20-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Extreme? compared to what? Classic middle class morality of the Bonbot kind!

Hardly, since I behave in a vaguely similar manner towards idiots on certain other forums quite regularly.

I just wonder how many sports/games there are in which a similar level of blatant sledging is permitted. Very entertaining but in most sports it would be totally banned - are there any limits here? Not being judgemental about it or anything - the rules are the rules and if he's within them then good luck to him. Just curious, as a non-player.

Alan Shore
20-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I just wonder how many sports/games there are in which a similar level of blatant sledging is permitted. Very entertaining but in most sports it would be totally banned - are there any limits here? Not being judgemental about it or anything - the rules are the rules and if he's within them then good luck to him. Just curious, as a non-player.

Hmm, cricket perhaps? As an example, Adam Gilchrist, well known for his near impeccable gamesmanship started to talk to Alastair Cook from behind the stumps when Cook was on 99* and struggling a little to make the next run:

'You're going to get out on 99, Cook - in front of all these people! Imagine just how humiliating that will be for you!'

And that's pretty mild compared with some other banter.

Anyway, Tony G is well within the rules - trash talk can be part of the game. I think it's a bit embarassing that he's an Aussie but at the same time, the antics are very funny.

Arrogant-One
20-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Does poker have any restraints on this sort of behaviour at all?
Sadly, I don't think it does. It was a shameful display of unsportsmanlike behaviour (if poker can be considered a sport).

Alan Shore
20-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Sadly, I don't think it does. It was a shameful display of unsportsmanlike behaviour (if poker can be considered a sport).

Really? I thought he was your hero! :)

Arrogant-One
21-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Really? I thought he was your hero! :)
He's no hero of mine Dion, of that you can be assured.