PDA

View Full Version : Should all members have custom user titles?

Gandalf
06-04-2004, 10:24 PM
This idea was broached in the other thread: do you think all users should be able to determine their own avatar title?

Please post to outline opinion.

skip to my lou
06-04-2004, 11:06 PM
This idea was broached in the other thread: do you think all users should be able to determine their own avatar title?

Please post to outline opinion.

It might stop spamming.

Alan Shore
07-04-2004, 03:41 AM
It might stop spamming.

I agree. But also I just think it adds to the fun of customising an identity, as a kind of counterpart to the avatar picture.

I bet all opposition comes from those who already have their custom titles too, they don't want to be seen as 'just one of the gang' :p

arosar
07-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Who gives a stuff?! But if it's an additional feature that doesn't require much effort then let's just have it anyway.

AR

Gandalf
08-04-2004, 01:58 AM
What's this! Six votes but only three replies? Who didn't explain their vote! Come on, I need to know WHY you voted as you did (don't make me name you).

Bruce: TONBERRY! :D That avatar certainly helped me to comprehend your point. I am loving the idea - but I still think the idea of Custom title as a priviledge to be earned holds some value. That way, only users who have proved their value earn to right to fully customise their display, yes?

The effort required is not the issue. I want to know whether you think Custom titles should have to be earned or not.

Alan Shore
08-04-2004, 02:08 AM
What's this! Six votes but only three replies? Who didn't explain their vote! Come on, I need to know WHY you voted as you did (don't make me name you).

Bruce: TONBERRY! :D That avatar certainly helped me to comprehend your point. I am loving the idea - but I still think the idea of Custom title as a priviledge to be earned holds some value. That way, only users who have proved their value earn to right to fully customise their display, yes?

The effort required is not the issue. I want to know whether you think Custom titles should have to be earned or not.

Hehe, Tonberry :) Everyone's Grudge! And KNIFE! That was nasty!

As for proving's one value, I believe in quality, not quantity. The post count mechanism will still be there for those who want to keep track.

And I would get to label my avatar to avoid confusion.. (Jawa indeed Barry!)

skip to my lou
08-04-2004, 02:19 AM
There is a reputation system in this board where mods can add reputation for worthy posts... so if you have a rep > x then you get ct, might use that system.

Alan Shore
08-04-2004, 02:47 AM
There is a reputation system in this board where mods can add reputation for worthy posts... so if you have a rep > x then you get ct, might use that system.

Well I don't know.. it would be a pretty subjective thing. I'm probably one of those disreputables that argue radical points, hehe, so I'd be concerned about the 'reputation' system being subject to how much we agree with the mods, or, to how much we bribe them, hehehe :whistle:

But hey, whatever you think is best.

Kevin Bonham
08-04-2004, 03:07 AM

Sounds a lot like work to me. Avoid.

Maybe have universal custom title at say 100 posts, so there's some incentive for people to get reasonably involved.

I've got no problem with the general concept, it would add a bit of colour.

Alan Shore
08-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Maybe have universal custom title at say 100 posts, so there's some incentive for people to get reasonably involved.

Sounds a reasonable figure, 100-200. After all, not everyone is a Bill :)

ursogr8
08-04-2004, 08:43 AM
I want to know whether you think Custom titles should have to be earned or not.

hi Gandalf

You started the thread with the question
Should custom titles be granted to all?

And now you appear to have changed to

whether you think Custom titles should have to be earned

Are there any more variations coming before I vote?

And, do you plan to survey the BB folk for other reasons that Custom titles should be a usuable feature?

starter

Gandalf
10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Consider the second question to be nothing more than the first with greater clarity. :)

As for "survey the BB folk", this is it. I don't think any of us have the time to construct a detailed questionaire, contact random members and collate responses. If people can't be bothered voting here then their opinion will not be considered. :p