PDA

View Full Version : Sheik al-Hilaly- poll

Garvinator
28-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I know that there is already a thread on this person, but thought I would create a poll and see what the other posters think.

It is a private poll due to its nature and giving people the true freedom to vote as they wish.

bergil
28-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I know that there is already a thread on this person, but thought I would create a poll and see what the other posters think.

It is a private poll due to its nature and giving people the true freedom to vote as they wish.
Stripped of his position but that's not gonna happen. :(

Kevin Bonham
28-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't think he is inciting rape as defined by law and I suspect Pru Goward is just saying that to boost her election chances. However he is making excuses for it in a very lame and blatant fashion and I voted for stripping him of all his positions for it too.

Igor_Goldenberg
28-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but could someone put a link or some info about his mischiefs?

Kevin Bonham
28-10-2006, 11:27 PM
I did so in the other thread about him.

MichaelBaron
29-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I feel he should be both charged with crime and deported. Pity I can not vote for both...

Garvinator
29-10-2006, 12:29 AM
I feel he should be both charged with crime and deported. Pity I can not vote for both...
My apologies, I didnt really want to give everyone the option of voting for all the 'kick him'. One option that I heard tonight that I missed was that any organisation that has ties to him has its funding terminated.

WhiteElephant
29-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Hopefully he'll get some of his own medicine from the 'ladies' in prison.

Rincewind
29-10-2006, 09:50 AM
His comments don't look like incitement to me. The option I would have liked to vote for was "punished by the Islamic hierarchy". The closest to that was "stripped of all his positions". The trouble with religious hierarchies is they don't go far enough when punishing one of their own.

bergil
29-10-2006, 10:22 AM
What about the option of stoning? :uhoh:

antichrist
29-10-2006, 02:03 PM
His comments don't look like incitement to me. The option I would have liked to vote for was "punished by the Islamic hierarchy". The closest to that was "stripped of all his positions". The trouble with religious hierarchies is they don't go far enough when punishing one of their own.

MOhammed Almighty, I have been barred for something as innocent as passing wind and you don't reakon that this guy wasn't inciting???? You would not recognised cat meat unless it was in a Pal tin.

Those Lebo rapists can't be castrated as it is against their religion - would be like double jeopardy or double punishment. If the pruned bit was put out for the cats that would teach them.

Alan Shore
29-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Whilst I think the comments were rather insensitive and ill-conceived, calls for deportation and 'inciting rape charges' are preposterous when considering the context of the sermon. The right thing would be to retract the comment, apologise and justify what he was thinking when he said it. He needs to take some responsibility and be more cautious next time, as people in high positions should be more accountable for their actions. This hysteria from feminist groups is only good for amusement value.

As an aside, I actually think he's wrong - some Muslim girls are definitely cuter than some of the 'uncovered meat' at nightclubs. :cool:

Garvinator
30-10-2006, 06:50 PM
From The Australian newspaper website

jase
30-10-2006, 06:55 PM
His comments are appalling, but why the fuss? I'm a little suprised the shockwaves have gone beyond the tripe served up by Today Tonight/A Current Affair. Why are Muslim women required to cover themselves and dress so modestly?

arosar
30-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Maybe you have some sort of a point there jase. Do you think, then, that we should be outraged by this: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/gay-sex-forces-closure-of-store-toilets/2006/10/30/1162056911212.html ?

We asked the muslims to clean up their house. Do you think we could also ask these tootsies to clean up theirs? You Christians - got anything to say?

I'm looking forward to the Tele's frontpage tomorrow.

AR

WhiteElephant
30-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Maybe you have some sort of a point there jase. Do you think, then, that we should be outraged by this: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/gay-sex-forces-closure-of-store-toilets/2006/10/30/1162056911212.html ?

We asked the muslims to clean up their house. Do you think we could also ask these tootsies to clean up theirs? You Christians - got anything to say?

I'm looking forward to the Tele's frontpage tomorrow.

AR

That's a hilarious story.

antichrist
31-10-2006, 02:28 PM
His comments are appalling, but why the fuss? I'm a little suprised the shockwaves have gone beyond the tripe served up by Today Tonight/A Current Affair. Why are Muslim women required to cover themselves and dress so modestly?

Many of them claim that they are not required, or not by anyone else anyway, they do it voluntarily to make a statement and that is how they feel comfortable, and they will not be seen as sexual objects.

Strictly speaking it does not affect us but I admit it can be a bit off-putting on the beach if they are wearing all black to the eyeballs and not playing rugby.

More the problem is the guys who turn on non-Muslim girls who don't turn it on for them. They would not dare treat their own type like that - they would not survive the night, their own family would violently turn on them. They should feel lucky that some non-Muslim girls do turn it on for them and behave themselves when they can't "get it".

antichrist
13-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Our mate has upset the apple cart again, he reakons all you Anglos are not real Aussie because you came here as convicts, so not voluntarily so don't count. Whereas Muslims came here by choice so deserve to be Aussie.

He also reakons that Australia has a third gender that is neither male or female??

There are calls for him to be "locked" out of the country - this is a guy is a national treasure, we need our own melodrama instead of all that Princess DI bulldust.

Mischa
13-01-2007, 09:53 PM
i was about to condemn him for all time
but then I heard his nickname for little Johnny

antichrist
13-01-2007, 10:05 PM
i was about to condemn him for all time
but then I heard his nickname for little Johnny

and that was?

Mischa
13-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Mr. Me Too

ER
13-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Funny there wasn't a word about Saddam's execution in the forum, unless I didn't notice.
On the contrary, we have such a great debate about what that mufti person mutters incomprehensibly from time to time.
Actually, there 's no much difference between Saddam and himself, only difference being Saddy made it to the top (of both the state and the gallows).
An option missing from the questionnaire, is "send him to Guantanamo, so Hicks can teach him the latest hard rock steps!" :)
Ciao and good luck to all!

MichaelBaron
14-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Just kick that idiotic shaik out of Australia... the best way to counter terrorism and stupidity is to kick these idiots out

Garvinator
14-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Just kick that idiotic shaik out of Australia... the best way to counter terrorism and stupidity is to kick these idiots out
not quite that easy since if my understanding is correct, he is a legal citizen of Australia.

antichrist
14-01-2007, 10:53 PM

I think in the long term of Aussie thinking he provides a counter to exagerated liberalism on the other side. There is no one greater than myself who favours complete freedom of speech and I know that the "minders" of Lakemba mosque were hindering Muslim Aussies from freedom of speech after the Sheik's last stir, but that does not deny that he has something to contribute.

There are items I highlighted in the other Sheik Thread, started by myself, that point to flaws in Aussie society that are not pronounced in Islamic society - e.g. binge drinking by youngsters, our pub owners profit greatly by this and grog is pushed down our throats (literally and figuratively) by TV ads etc. The youngsters then die in car crashes etc etc then the family is chronically wounded. There are many of such items that need attention in western society.

When Islamic thinkers see that a lot of their customs are worth keeping they react against "worthless" liberalism of western culture.

Terrorism is a complex issue that cannot be discussed lightly or briefly so I recommend we hold off discussion and judgement.

Garvinator
09-03-2007, 03:27 AM
No sheik supporters in NSW election

Nominations for the NSW election have closed and, despite earlier indications to the contrary, no candidate will be representing controversial Muslim cleric Sheik Taj Aldin Alhilali at the March 24 poll.

In January, Sheik Alhilali's spokesman Keysar Trad said the mufti was considering backing Muslim candidates for Sydney's south-western seats of Lakemba, Bankstown and Auburn.

But after last week failing to persuade champion boxer and Muslim covert Anthony Mundine to run, Mr Trad said on Thursday night a committee of community elders appointed by the sheik was instead looking for candidates to stand in this year's federal election.

Prominent Muslim lawyers and doctors had shown an interest in entering state politics but were put off from operating outside the major parties, Mr Trad said.

advertisement
advertisement
"As an independent you don't get the same level of influence," he said.

At the close of nominations on Thursday, 537 candidates had registered to stand for election to the 93 Lower House seats.

In the Upper House, 19 groups and seven independents will compete for 21 seats.
I dont know if this is good or bad news. I was looking forward to seeing all the Hilaly supporter candidates get smashed at the polls. But the bad news could have been is that they got people voting for them :eek:

four four two
09-03-2007, 03:53 AM
So its a case of Sheik,Rattle and Roll....:P