PDA

View Full Version : Temp shoutbox thread (shoutbox now re-enabled for logged-in members only)

Desmond
13-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Was the shoutbox disabled to get rid of the cretins this afternoon, and will it be back up by game time tonight?

Bill Gletsos
13-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Was the shoutbox disabled to get rid of the cretins this afternoon, and will it be back up by game time tonight?No, that wasnt the reason. There is a problem with it causing very high loads on the server. STML has disabled it whilst he investigates.

ElevatorEscapee
14-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Hmmm, this is a worry.

It seems a bit bizzare that it would cause high loads on the server, considering it is only text... Might it be something to do with the refresh rate? Or perhaps there may be a suspicion of more sinister goings on somehow tacked onto it... :(

eclectic
14-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Hmmm, this is a worry.

It seems a bit bizzare that it would cause high loads on the server, considering it is only text... Might it be something to do with the refresh rate? Or perhaps there may be a suspicion of more sinister goings on somehow tacked onto it... :(

Now don't you be overly sprouty with conspiracy theories! ;)

ElevatorEscapee
14-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi Skaro, something tells me that I should know who you are (your nickname seems very familiar), but somehow your identity eludes me. :)

eclectic
14-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi Skaro, something tells me that I should know who you are (your nickname seems very familiar), but somehow your identity eludes me. :)

You could try looking at my profile ... :uhoh: :rolleyes:

Basil
14-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Why am I (and Barry) the only person posting in the shoutbox?

ElevatorEscapee
14-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks Skaro, it never dawned on me that someone might include personal information in their profile! ;) :lol: [... and no, I probably don't know you, are you related to Colin by any chance?] :)

Hacksaw, it may have something to do with my version of the shoutbox still saying " disabled temporarily". :eh:

eclectic
14-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks Skaro, it never dawned on me that someone might include personal information in their profile! ;) :lol: [... and no, I probably don't know you, are you related to Colin by any chance?] :)

Hacksaw, it may have something to do with my version of the shoutbox still saying " disabled temporarily". :eh:

No I'm not; nor am I related to Steve :cool:

ER
15-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Why am I (and Barry) the only person posting in the shoutbox?

Hey Howard, howareyagoin mate? You seem to have slightly disappeared for a while!
Cheers and good luck!

en passant
15-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Je veux crier mon amour pour ma demeure française loin de demeure, mais aucune personne ne saura de ce que je parle. :(

Basil
15-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Je veux crier mon amour pour ma demeure française loin de demeure, mais aucune personne ne saura de ce que je parle. :(
Your French sucks. However passing yourself off as something you are not does mean that you will fit in tremendously with some of the ppl around here.

ElevatorEscapee
15-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Your shout of your love for your homeland is heard and duly misunderstood, Monsieur en-passant. ;)

Howard, ce n'est pas gentil... :(
Lave-vaisselle pourpre de singe! :P ;)

littlesprout85
15-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Wazz^ HDs - Elevators - Bill - :) Many More :)
I felt a tremor in da force & have found myself without my universe(ShoutBox).

Wats A sprouty to do but to call Apon thy Jedi to work swiftly to expose the problems and move swiftly to correct-

May the luck of the Sprout Be With you All

-Sprouty :D

ElevatorEscapee
15-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Sprout, have you ever read any Robert Rankin (he of Sproutlore fame). :)

littlesprout85
15-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Heyy Elevators :)

Cant say that i have but will have a look see if the time enables
I really use to read alot of - edgar allen poe - DragonLance Series - Steven King -

Just got back from the Foo fighters Concert- I Lost my hearing like 1/2 thru- Well Worth the 9$ tickets - Second row off the stage on side :D- They played my song- "There goes My Hero " YEAAAAAAA :whistle:
-Sprouty

arosar
19-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Will the shoutbox ever be enabled again? Sometimes, I just have these random thoughts and I just wanna, like, shout it.

AR

eclectic
19-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Will the shoutbox ever be enabled again? Sometimes, I just have these random thoughts and I just wanna, like, shout it.

AR

That's OK, I understand perfectly, but why not do it in a room designed so you can't be heard by anyone else.

:whistle:

Kevin Bonham
19-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I think I crashed it in my almighty rush to P8 on the shouters list during the K-T match. :eek:

Alan Shore
19-10-2006, 11:39 PM

AR

Just make a thread in non-chess called 'Shoutbox' (or whatever) and post anything.

eclectic
19-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Just make a thread in non-chess called 'Shoutbox' (or whatever) and post anything.

We already have the off topic bin

:rolleyes:

Alan Shore
20-10-2006, 12:30 AM
We already have the off topic bin

:rolleyes:

Yeah but unofficially, that's really there purely for AC-isms. :)

littlesprout85
21-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Ermmmmm,

Sprouty could have swore that he called upon the powers of the Jedi a week ago to elimate the problems & to Restore Sproutys Universe(Shoutbox) to working order. :confused:

As to this thread- Sprouty is voting to make this thread the new temporary home of the shoutbox- fore sprouty visited the off topic bin. That place just isnt getting no kinda play like this thread. Which in itself is weak in comparision to the IMFAO shoutbox.

Sprouty is begining to think somebody went on vacation and turned the shoutbox off. (havent seen Skip to my Lou lately)

-Sprouty :)

Desmond
21-10-2006, 10:04 AM
'sup sprouty

eclectic
21-10-2006, 11:18 AM
He went on holiday leaving the shoutbox disabled?

I wonder why ...

... he didn't do that to a few threads where voices are raised much higher.

:hmm: :eek: :rolleyes:

Kevin Bonham
21-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Site owner is very busy at present with his education commitments. I wouldn't be surprised if this takes a little while to get sorted out.

eclectic
21-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I doubt he will be in a hurry. Do you notice how civilised the site looks with that leakage point for verbal diarrhea temporarily plugged?

There might be others he might attend to in good time. :whistle:

Kevin Bonham
21-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I doubt he will be in a hurry. Do you notice how civilised the site looks with that leakage point for verbal diarrhea temporarily plugged?

I would be more concerned that without that leakage point we might get more banal one-line drivel on the main board. So far this hasn't been the case however.

littlesprout85
22-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Alrighty then, Lets make this thread feel a lil more like the IMFAO shoutbox.

Sprouty like to give a shoutout to Boris this evenings :D

Wazz^ g-gray :)

Heyy Bill :D

LOL- still doesnt feel like home to sprouty-but will continue to try this thread til the Jedi get down to business.

Like sprouty sees that Boris is going greenz lately :D - np's Sprouty is often copied but never quite duplicated - just like the famous masters of the past. Thinking about working on sproutys signature this evening,something that goes with my avitar-IMAO :)

eclectic
22-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Alrighty then, Lets make this thread feel a lil more like the IMFAO shoutbox.

Sprouty like to give a shoutout to Boris this evenings :D

Wazz^ g-gray :)

Heyy Bill :D

LOL- still doesnt feel like home to sprouty-but will continue to try this thread til the Jedi get down to business.

Like sprouty sees that Boris is going greenz lately :D - np's Sprouty is often copied but never quite duplicated - just like the famous masters of the past. Thinking about working on sproutys signature this evening,something that goes with my avitar-IMAO :)

It lacks that certain "je ne shout quoi" :whistle:

littlesprout85
22-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Wazz^ Skaro :)

Been noticing a 5 o-clock shadow lately- Heyyy Its You- IMFAO :D

-Sprouty :D

littlesprout85
22-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Wazz^ macs and That Arcade Champ jase :D

Sprouty thinks he is going to spend some time going after one of those titles in the arcade. Hope to see yea on top of the winnings circle soon jase.

ER
23-10-2006, 12:56 PM
hi sprouty
hows you doin?

littlesprout85
24-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Wohooo !!!!

Wazz^ HeaviestKnights :)

Been A spell since we met last in the shoutbox :C - Hope that this problem of the shoutbox gets fixed soon. This has been the most difficult three weeks that sprouty has gone thru in quite some timez.

Its very hard to keep on top of the latest news now here at chesschats without the shoutbox(sproutys universe) for sprouty is stateside and a long ways from the land-down-unders.

How yea doing HeaviestKnights - may I call yea Heavy for short :)
When i see your nic onlines i think Heavy is here - YEAAAAA :D - to me Heavy is a good nic- like in heavy hitter-(home Run )

Like let sprouty give a ShoutOut to a few good ppl while im onz here-
A ShoutOut to bergil and to HD's,also Boris and Elevators- lets not forget Bill & Axioms, just to name a few.This is the new shoutbox til thy Jedi gets to the root of the problem.

Thanks for posting em up here -Sprouty :)

littlesprout85
24-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Heyy sprouty is back onz for another special shoutout to some ppl that he has known for years. Thanks for following me here to keep sproutys support system alive and strong :)

This ShoutOut goes to Topaz Tiggers :D Yea-yEa !!!! Tiggers knows shes sproutys #1 go to gal. Tiggers #1 - Tiggers #1 :D

Like this ShoutOut goes to Lady Reannas- O YEa !!! Hope to see yea soon on chesschats Reannas so we can continue our chess matches where we left off. ;)

Last but not least - this a Loud ShoutOut to Fighting KINGS - you know that sprouty always looks up to yea for sound chess stratagies. :cool: Hope to see yea all real soon here on ChessChats, The shoutbox is temp. outta comission,check back & hopefully it will be backs onz soon ;)

ElevatorEscapee
24-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I would be more concerned that without that leakage point we might get more banal one-line drivel on the main board. So far this hasn't been the case however.

You needn't have worried Kevin, here it is at your request! :P

(PS give me banal one-line drivel over banal long-winded drivel that I just scroll down anyday! :lol: )

ElevatorEscapee
24-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey Sprouty, what is your gender? There is room for some confusion depending on how one interprets certain posts in this thread. ;)

littlesprout85
24-10-2006, 08:02 PM
ERmmmm :S

Cant really say there is any confusion about sprouty. If you like Elevators just google LittleSprout and see a true pic of sprouty- for im the Lil Brother of the Jolly Green Giant. (Ho-Ho-Ho)

Also if you check out my profile pic on chesschat & my avatar you'll see my true plant life nature at its finest ;)

WhiteElephant
24-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Arianne just said that not enough people in the chess world are following her on Dancing with the Stars. What's this?

Need the shoutbox back for these sorts of comments.

WhiteElephant
24-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey Sprouty, I don't think I've ever said hello to you. Wat's up?

littlesprout85
24-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Wazz^ Elephants :)

Heyy Elephants good to see yea :D Been admiring your pic for long timez now. Like The humor of it,puts a smilez on sprouty every timez ;)
Thanks -Sprouty :)

ElevatorEscapee
24-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Arianne just said that not enough people in the chess world are following her on Dancing with the Stars. What's this?

I'm just waiting for Dickie Knee and Ozzie Ostrich to pop up.

WhiteElephant
24-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm just waiting for Dickie Knee and Ozzie Ostrich to pop up.

Haha well they've got this band Jabulani playing who used to appear on Hey Hey.

WhiteElephant
24-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Wazz^ Elephants :)

Heyy Elephants good to see yea :D Been admiring your pic for long timez now. Like The humor of it,puts a smilez on sprouty every timez ;)
Thanks -Sprouty :)

Thanks Sprouty. Well I always admire how you get along with everyone and don't get involved in chess politics around here. I'll try to learn from you.

littlesprout85
24-10-2006, 08:18 PM
IMFAO :eek:

If you sway your head from side to side my avatar almost comes to life. Maybe Elevators can help me with the Effects -LOL :lol: I really like Elevators Avatar cause its got action 24/7

ElevatorEscapee
24-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Haha well they've got this band Jabulani playing who used to appear on Hey Hey.

I hope Red didn't gong them! :cool:

---

Hey Sprouty, I googled for your picture and I think I found it!

littlesprout85
24-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Errmmmmm :S

Now sprouty is starting to think that Elevators wants him to read this tall tale of Sproutism. For it is the second time this author has been talked about to sprouty on chesschats.:silenced:

ElevatorEscapee
24-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry... didn't mean to incur your wrath! :lol:

antichrist
25-10-2006, 02:34 PM

Where did she say it? I have sacrificed 2 episodes of Insight to cheer her on - just as I sacked a knight in reverse Alban's Counter Gambit against her.

It is the only non-serious show I watch on TV - luckily I can catch up on Insight later.

WhiteElephant
25-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Where did she say it? I have sacrificed 2 episodes of Insight to cheer her on - just as I sacked a knight in reverse Alban's Counter Gambit against her.

It is the only non-serious show I watch on TV - luckily I can catch up on Insight later.

She said it on the show. Daryl asked whether the chess world was following her and she said not as much as she had expected. Wasn't a big deal, bit of a throwaway line.

Desmond
25-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Where did she say it? I have sacrificed 2 episodes of Insight to cheer her on...
Dare I ask - what is Insight?

eclectic
25-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd ask if antichrist ever has insight. :whistle:

littlesprout85
25-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Grrrrrrr -

Sprouty finds himself staring blindly into the shoutbox for hours on end- thinking it will just be fine in a min or two. :confused:

Begining to think that its a conspiracy against the sprout for singing and such in the shoutbox, & this is the punishment :C Forever doomed to stare at it for all enternity :wall:

eclectic
25-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Grrrrrrr -

Sprouty finds himself staring blindly into the shoutbox for hours on end- thinking it will just be fine in a min or two. :confused:

Begining to think that its a conspiracy against the sprout for singing and such in the shoutbox, & this is the punishment :C Forever doomed to stare at it for all enternity :wall:

There, there ... the Jedi might return one day and not only repair the shoutbox but also make a sproutbox especially for you! :eek:

Kevin Bonham
25-10-2006, 09:07 PM
It's a conspiracy to get sprouty to up his postcount and dislodge Bill from #1!

(The conspirators first tried with Howard Duggan but have now admitted failure on that score.)

eclectic
25-10-2006, 09:15 PM

(The conspirators first tried with Howard Duggan but have now admitted failure on that score.)

He would be classified as a noxious weed were he to post that prolifically. :doh:

ER
26-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Wohooo !!!!

Wazz^ HeaviestKnights :)

Been A spell since we met last in the shoutbox :C - Hope that this problem of the shoutbox gets fixed soon. This has been the most difficult three weeks that sprouty has gone thru in quite some timez.

Its very hard to keep on top of the latest news now here at chesschats without the shoutbox(sproutys universe) for sprouty is stateside and a long ways from the land-down-unders.

How yea doing HeaviestKnights - may I call yea Heavy for short :)
When i see your nic onlines i think Heavy is here - YEAAAAA :D - to me Heavy is a good nic- like in heavy hitter-(home Run )

Like let sprouty give a ShoutOut to a few good ppl while im onz here-
A ShoutOut to bergil and to HD's,also Boris and Elevators- lets not forget Bill & Axioms, just to name a few.This is the new shoutbox til thy Jedi gets to the root of the problem.

Thanks for posting em up here -Sprouty :)

Good to hear of you again Sprouts, yeah heavy is fine, although losing a couple (or 25) kgs wouldnt hurt either. Hows the music scene where you are? Last time you had problems with your eardrums I think, keep on posting us about the concerts you attend and be well! And yes I agree with the shoutbox thing, I miss it too! :)
Cheers and good luck and be happy!

WhiteElephant
26-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I bet if the Mods' ability to ban posters was disabled, Mods would scurrying around trying to get it returned. However, I don't see them being too concerned about the shoutbox problem despite the fact that a number of posters have asked for its return (especially sprouty who is not the same sprout without it).

eclectic
26-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I bet if the Mods' ability to ban posters was disabled, Mods would scurrying around trying to get it returned. However, I don't see them being too concerned about the shoutbox problem despite the fact that a number of posters have asked for its return (especially sprouty who is not the same sprout without it).

I thought the site admin had important examinations to deal with which would make concerns about the shoutbox or moderation powers even a low priority for him at the moment.

antichrist
26-10-2006, 03:33 PM

Insight is a political debate program conducted by Jenni Brockie on SBS every Tuesday night at 7.30 pm. Gets real hot sometimes, esp the Palestinian/Israel episode. Gets repeated a few times, look up SBS program.

Desmond
26-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Insight is a political debate program conducted by Jenni Brockie on SBS every Tuesday night at 7.30 pm. Gets real hot sometimes, esp the Palestinian/Israel episode. Gets repeated a few times, look up SBS program.Fair enough - I have to confess that I spend little time in front of the televisitron. :oops:

Garvinator
26-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Fair enough - I have to confess that I spend little time in front of the televisitron. :oops:
I am sure there is a website and a file to download to watch for internet junkies ;) :cool:

littlesprout85
26-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Ahhh - Sprouty is back Onz for another round of ShoutBox Wars ( you can actually hear sprouty saying in da background"Help me Obi-one HELP MEEEe.... )

Like to start of by giving a ShoutOut to AC :) & to KB :)-sprouty needs all the help he can get in this saga. My sprouty senses went off right before the shoutbox crashed KB. Right then Sprouty knew that Bills Record was on the Line. (Imfao) :wow:

Wazz^ Heavys :) - sproutys been postin up ^ in the "What you listening too" Thread lately. Yup-Yup keeping it realz there.(music scene) over in the non chess forum ;)

Heyy Elevators :) - Now you gone and got sprouty imagination going wild. sprouts wondering if somebody cashed in on his Name (Imfao)

Lets keep this show going by Saying Hi to Elephants. Ty for the compliment on me skillz. They do say sproutys got the gift of gab (Imfao):D

Sprouty would like to also give a shout out to bergil,Boris & Bill, (THe BBB) chesschats triple thread - YEAAAAA :clap:

Kevin Bonham
26-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I bet if the Mods' ability to ban posters was disabled, Mods would scurrying around trying to get it returned.

Depends on the reason for the disabling. The site owner has the right to take away our right to ban posters any time he likes. If however it was because of some technical glitch and not the will of the site owner we would naturally be keen to see it recovered, if it did not disrupt more important things the site owner had to do. After all, if we did not have that ability at times when the site owner is as busy as at present, some parts of the site would be overrun with spammers and, more concerningly, it would be more difficult to deal with hackers who have at times been a serious problem here. Therefore it would be important to get it back quite aside from the rare need to use the function against misbehaving posters.

However, I don't see them being too concerned about the shoutbox problem despite the fact that a number of posters have asked for its return (especially sprouty who is not the same sprout without it).

You have absolutely no idea what we do or don't communicate to STML offline so your presumption is baseless and unreasonable. We have raised it but there is no point badgering STML repetitively when he is very busy with exams and assignments. If you want to tell STML how much you've missed it then why not contact him directly yourself? Have you yet done so? How about the others who are concerned about it?

Frankly if that's the best whinge/beatup you can come up with this evening then you really ought to get off our case. :hand:

ElevatorEscapee
26-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Thank you for your Bonhomie response, Kevin!

Depends on the reason for the disabling. The site owner has the right to take away our right to ban posters any time he likes. If however it was because of some technical glitch and not the will of the site owner we would naturally be keen to see it recovered, if it did not disrupt more important things the site owner had to do. After all, if we did not have that ability at times when the site owner is as busy as at present, some parts of the site would be overrun with spammers and, more concerningly, it would be more difficult to deal with hackers who have at times been a serious problem here. Therefore it would be important to get it back quite aside from the rare need to use the function against misbehaving posters.

Yes, the spammers would control the 1337 lounge (so nice of them to constrain their postings to there and to repeatedly use that 'page with lines on' symbol to help us indentify them... I wonder why they do!? :hmm: ;) )

[quiote]However, I don't see them being too concerned about the shoutbox problem despite the fact that a number of posters have asked for its return (especially sprouty who is not the same sprout without it).(sic)

Yes, but such a 'problem' does not detract from the moderators' 'power' here. One wonders if the moderators here did not have the 'power' of being able to ban others who may disagree with them, whether they would feel so comfortable with behaving in such an authoritarian manner.

You have absolutely no idea what we do or don't communicate to STML offline so your presumption is baseless and unreasonable. We have raised it but there is no point badgering STML repetitively when he is very busy with exams and assignments. If you want to tell STML how much you've missed it then why not contact him directly yourself? Have you yet done so? How about the others who are concerned about it?

He he he... I like the comment about "Badgering" (one of Skip's previous avatars was of a badger squating up and down and apparently appearing to errm... yeah, hence the "badger dance")

Frankly if that's the best whinge/beatup you can come up with this evening then you really ought to get off our case. :hand:

Does this mean you think there are better ones that he has missed? ;) :P

WhiteElephant
27-10-2006, 08:31 AM

Hi Kevin,

I was about to thank you for your detailed and considered response until I read the last line.

I wasn't out to get you and all Mods...maybe I coud have phrased my comment a little better. I was simply expressing my frustration and perhaps that of many other posters at not having the shoutbox around for my shouting pleasure. It is one of (if not my favourite) feature of this forum.

I have a few questions for you about this:
1) Did STML make any indication how long it would take him to return the shoutbox?
2) How long ago did you speak to STML about this issue? Is it worth mentioning it again, particularly in light of the fact that quite a few posters have expressed a desire to see it returned?
3) Do you think there is any point in posters asking STML directly? I would have thought that if Mods ask him, it would have a greater weight.

Thank you.

Watto
27-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Ahhh - Sprouty is back Onz for another round of ShoutBox Wars ( you can actually hear sprouty saying in da background"Help me Obi-one HELP MEEEe.... )

Hang in there Sprouty! :)

Hope your art's going well...

Vlad
27-10-2006, 09:29 AM
1) Did STML make any indication how long it would take him to return the shoutbox?
2) How long ago did you speak to STML about this issue? Is it worth mentioning it again, particularly in light of the fact that quite a few posters have expressed a desire to see it returned?
3) Do you think there is any point in posters asking STML directly? I would have thought that if Mods ask him, it would have a greater weight.

Thank you.

Have you read a novel by Dostoevskly "IDIOT", or at least have you seen a recent movie based on that novel? Some of the characters in that novel behave exactly the way you currently do. A phrase that can characterize their behavior is "We demand, we do not ask. We repeat. We demand, we do not ask."

Personally i find it completely unreasonable to demand anything given that you do not do anything and do not pay anything. :evil:

eclectic
27-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Why don't WE just tap on SMTL's shoulder during his next exam and yell:

"Hey! Where is my Shoutbox?"

:whistle: :hmm: :hand:

antichrist
27-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Did Howard get disabled along with Shoutbox?

WhiteElephant
27-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Have you read a novel by Dostoevskly "IDIOT", or at least have you seen a recent movie based on that novel? Some of the characters in that novel behave exactly the way you currently do. A phrase that can characterize their behavior is "We demand, we do not ask. We repeat. We demand, we do not ask."

Personally i find it completely unreasonable to demand anything given that you do not do anything and do not pay anything. :evil:

I thought I phrased my questions in a reasonable way. Can you please point me to the specific place where I say I demand something? Maybe you did not understand my post? I am available for english lessons as well as chess lessons.

I am a member of this forum so I believe I have a right to make a query when a major feature disappears, particularly in the feedback thread. No?

Vlad
27-10-2006, 06:12 PM
I am available for english lessons as well as chess lessons.

Maybe we can organize a match, say 100 Au a game. Or maybe if you think you are the English guru we can organize a TOEFL or IELTS test competition, say 1000 AU a test. What do u reckon? Or maybe it is better for u just to follow arosar and hide under his mama's bed?? I am sure it is a better option.:evil:

Kevin Bonham
27-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, the spammers would control the 1337 lounge (so nice of them to constrain their postings to there and to repeatedly use that 'page with lines on' symbol to help us indentify them... I wonder why they do!? :hmm: ;) )

We're not sure why they target the 1337 lounge but it may have something to do with it being a quiet forum near the top of the page, in which case if they are left to spam they will soon fill that up more and bother the rest of the forum. Or perhaps "1337" triggers them in some way.

Yes, but such a 'problem' does not detract from the moderators' 'power' here.

Well now you are just jumping on the back of WE's silly theory that the mods only care about things that threaten their power.

One wonders if the moderators here did not have the 'power' of being able to ban others who may disagree with them, whether they would feel so comfortable with behaving in such an authoritarian manner.

Just more silly insinuations there. The mods actually didn't have ban powers until 22/04/2004 when they came online as part of an automatic forum upgrade and STML advised us we had them. I can't recall my conscience tremoring with fear at the concept before such time as I had that power (probably because I had it amputated at age three, but that's another story).

I was about to thank you for your detailed and considered response until I read the last line.

Well, you get back what you put in. Mods don't really expect too many thankyous, but to change your attitude to my post just because you got called on what you admit to be a suboptimal way of expressing yourself (and actually involved a completely unfair accusation, even if you didn't mean it) seems all a trifle precious to me.

No. Actually I haven't personally heard back from him about it but I left a message in the moderators' section enquiring what was going on with it and Bill (who must have been in touch with him separately) explained.

2) How long ago did you speak to STML about this issue?

When it started (17/10).

Is it worth mentioning it again, particularly in light of the fact that quite a few posters have expressed a desire to see it returned?

It is not at all my style to hassle people who are providing a service voluntarily - armtwisting is something I really can't stand doing and don't think I am much good at anyway - so I am not inclined to do so unless a convenient opportunity (eg during a conversation about something else) arises.

I have no idea what would be most effective there but if you are going to ask him then ask nicely and drop the carping tone displayed in the post I was replying to.

I have started another thread in the mods section to see if I can find out what is going on, but having found out how busy STML is when contacting him about another matter I'm not going to directly hassle him about it.

eclectic
27-10-2006, 06:25 PM
What makes me laugh are the spammers' "imaginative" names. You see them as a new member and you wonder like, oh, "how many minutes will this one last?" or "not another hydra of someone infamous".

:rolleyes: :hmm: :hand:

Vlad
27-10-2006, 06:26 PM
I thought I phrased my questions in a reasonable way. Can you please point me to the specific place where I say I demand something?

I have no idea what would be most effective there but if you are going to ask him then ask nicely and drop the carping tone displayed in the post I was replying to.

Maybe you should take English lessons yourself. Ask somebody else my time is too valuable to waste on u.

Kevin Bonham
27-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I had no problem with WE's questions in his 27-10-2006 09:31 AM post, it was the post before that I was referring to. Maybe I should take some English lessons! :P

ElevatorEscapee
27-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Well done drug! Not only have you splendidly adapted to capitalism:

Personally i find it completely unreasonable to demand anything given that you do not do anything and do not pay anything.

You have also accurately identified the source of the problem at hand:

Maybe you should take English lessons yourself. Ask somebody else my time is too valuable to waste on u.

Yes, "u" is merely the sychophantic underling of the true leader, "q", and wherever "q" leads, "u" doggedly follows! :D

PS (one for the pedants) Who can accurately count all of the purposely perpetrated split infinitives in this post? ;) :P

WhiteElephant
27-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I had no problem with WE's questions in his 27-10-2006 09:31 AM post, it was the post before that I was referring to. Maybe I should take some English lessons! :P

Apologies if you thought my previous post was rude. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'scurrying' - it was intended to be amusing but perhaps did not come off that way. I was trying to make the point that if something is not in the Mods' interest then they would have less incentive to lobby for it. By the way, rather than assume the worst, why not clarify first?

WhiteElephant
27-10-2006, 08:12 PM

I'll ask you again: Can you please point me to the specific place where I say I demand something?

It is not an adequate defence to say you don't have time when you spend all day on this forum.

If you are going to call me an idiot and make generalisations, at least have the decency to provide proof.

Kevin Bonham
27-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Apologies if you thought my previous post was rude. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'scurrying' - it was intended to be amusing but perhaps did not come off that way. I was trying to make the point that if something is not in the Mods' interest then they would have less incentive to lobby for it. By the way, rather than assume the worst, why not clarify first?

There's a certain irony here. You assume the worst (and now repeat it, ie that the mods are motivated by a self-interest which includes banning posters) and then ask why I should assume the worst in interpreting your comments. :hmm: Actually given the amount of abuse we cop for banning people it would be in our interests to never even need that power in the first place! But anyway, I accept your apology, thanks.

Having the shoutbox back is certainly in my interests ... as a poster! I was enjoying using it especially during the K-T match. It is a great feature and I would love to have it back, even if a lot of junk gets posted there too.

However it is not standard software for this board and apparently the database building up as posts were archived has caused massive server loads for no readily obvious reason. As just about anyone will know, the answer to "How long will it take to fix an IT problem?" is typically "How long is a piece of string?"

ElevatorEscapee
27-10-2006, 09:10 PM
In which case, why have a database of past posts at all? The nature of the beast is to be ephemeral... comments posted one moment are lost in the ether as they become superceded by subsequent comments.

My question is why archive at all? Kim L's original 'minichat' (upon which I suspect the 'shoutbox' program was inspired) has no archive. Comments that scroll off the screen remain forever lost.

I can imagine a reason for the adminstrators/moderators to want to be able to view an archive of all shoutbox posts, however I don't believe that it is necessary for the ordinary poster to be able to do so.

Is tweaking the shoutbox to perform like this at all possible?

If not, then maybe a short term solution could be (say) a monthly purge of shoutbox comments to keep the archive down.

Just a couple of ideas.

Cheers,

~EE

eclectic
27-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Why not have a daily character [a,b,x ...] limit on shouts?

Why not archive shouts into a closed BB archive thread?

Garvinator
27-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Actually given the amount of abuse we cop for banning people it would be in our interests to never even need that power in the first place! I can assure you, as I am sure you are aware ;), that there would be many more complaints if there were no bannings. btw, who is we in the quoted sentence, just mods, or admins as well?

Kevin Bonham
27-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I can assure you, as I am sure you are aware ;), that there would be many more complaints if there were no bannings.

:lol:

btw, who is we in the quoted sentence, just mods, or admins as well?

I think both in this context. Rincewind has (deservedly) had to suspend a few posters as well.

EE: I agree and would go further; there is really no point in retaining anything to do with shouts (except the shoutcount) beyond one week. But no matter how many shouts are kept the server should be able to deal with it (it's not like they contain much information :D ) so I suspect the problem is not just the number of shouts. Maybe it is hackers. :eek:

Garvinator
27-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Maybe it is hackers. :eek:
that will get them high on the totem poll, shout hackers :P

Bereaved
27-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey, everyone, especially sprouty who I didn't reply to recently,

Who is this BEN DOVER? is he an hydra? as he is currently attacking specific people over specific things all over the board?

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Vlad
28-10-2006, 01:14 AM
If you are going to call me an idiot and make generalisations, at least have the decency to provide proof.

I never called you an idiot. I said you behaved like one of the characters in the "Idiot". The character was different from the main hero who was referred by Dostoevsky as an idiot. I have to admit that the idiot is a positive character and most people would rather prefer to be in his position.

Garvinator
28-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey, everyone, especially sprouty who I didn't reply to recently,

Who is this BEN DOVER? is he an hydra? as he is currently attacking specific people over specific things all over the board?

Take care and God Bless, Macavity
http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=79&page=39

Vlad
28-10-2006, 01:31 AM
I'll ask you again: Can you please point me to the specific place where I say I demand something?

I was referring to a general way you lead the discussion, in particular the previous post. I replied to your last post, but that was a “cumulative” feedback.

eclectic
28-10-2006, 01:37 AM
:hmm: <<--- interesting link that.

Vlad
28-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Yes, "u" is merely the sychophantic underling of the true leader, "q", and wherever "q" leads, "u" doggedly follows! :D

PS (one for the pedants) Who can accurately count all of the purposely perpetrated split infinitives in this post? ;) :P

I am wandering what you are trying to say. I understand that you believe that you are very smart. It is fine with me. I do accept you are very smart. I personally do not care. Anything other than that?

eclectic
28-10-2006, 02:04 AM

But such is not the case on a Qantas flight to Qatar ;)

littlesprout85
28-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Wow - :eek:

Sprouty all goes to an Allen Jackson Concert for a night out- and this place went country too -LOL

Like to give a ShoutOut to KB (Kevin Bonham) :)
Ty for all the good you do here at chesschats. Sprouts sure it is a task to keep this ship afloat & it takes a crew. Sprouty sees alot of super hereo come and go, seems like they all cant stay together to long as a team. Their super ego's get in the way-hehe :rolleyes:

Lets see now(Sprouty scans the horizon line) ermmmm- still No ShoutBox :C ONz With The ShoutBox Wars !!!! (sprout all goes to the bridge and takes the controls)

:to the crew - * Sprout sees alot of shooting but totally missing the target here. geez -come on guys lets pull it togethers now.(sprout stears the falcons towards that DeathStar- IMAO)

Sprouty like to clear this all up soon as possible.(shoutbox is restored to fine working order) We all agree that it was a great addition to chesschats.(gulp- sprout said was :wall: )
Sprouts sure that if we all do our parts & get the message thru to the proper Jedi. We will get the shoutbox up^ and running again ;) YEAAA !!

Wazz^ elevators :) - really digging that cape of yours -Imfao

Heyy elephants :) - sprouts starting to see improvements, stay the coarse now. The middle ground here is good for now (comunication is everythang)

Wazz^ drug :) - good to see yea made it too the temp home of the shoutbox(sprouts universe)

Heyy mac :) - great to cya here too on this thread , have you seen HD or Bill lately (sprouty trying to find the Jedi)

Sprouty like to give a ShoutOut To Watto's :) - sprouty is starting to do alot of art projects now(studio work) also working on some photography. Thinking about starting a thread here soon for sproutys art scene - yup-yup.

-Sprout :)

littlesprout85
28-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Oh YEAAAA - sprouty is really begining to see a realz chess comunity here at chesschat :cool:

Sprout like to give a ShoutOut to Sunset this evening. :)

Wazz^ gray :) - Sprout really enjoys those avatars you been sportin lately-what country is that-where ? :S

Heyy Boris :) - glad to see your continued support of this thread - hehe

Desmond
28-10-2006, 08:17 AM
...But no matter how many shouts are kept the server should be able to deal with it (it's not like they contain much information :D ) so I suspect the problem is not just the number of shouts. Maybe it is hackers. :eek:My assumption was that the problem was to do with the constant refreshing of the shoutbox, which must make a hell of a lot of traffic on the server.

Desmond
28-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Heyy Boris :) - glad to see your continued support of this thread - hehe

Careful mate, you could end up with a big post count ;)

ElevatorEscapee
28-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I am wandering what you are trying to say. I understand that you believe that you are very smart. It is fine with me. I do accept you are very smart. I personally do not care. Anything other than that?

One smart fellow, he felt smart.
Two smart fellows, they felt smart.
Three smart fellows, they all felt smart! ;)

Hmmm... what's that smell? :eek:

Vlad
28-10-2006, 08:52 PM
One smart fellow, he felt smart.
Two smart fellows, they felt smart.
Three smart fellows, they all felt smart! ;)

Hmmm... what's that smell? :eek:

I agree the smell from the third one is not very good. At least the first two had things to say. The third one just used an opportunity to attack, observing that there are two others... :evil:

Garvinator
28-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Is anyone watching criminal intent on channel ten. Has chess running right through it, including some detail.

Shame about the criminals.

littlesprout85
30-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Wazz^ macs :) - Sry for the delayed response about your question,Dunno about this ben dover but sprouts heard that nic somewhere before.Probably like here at chesschats at the bottom member logged on list.

Now like lets get this party started (sprouty turns up the Roger Waters lil louder . . . .) yup-yup- :D < - - - Sproutys B-Day Today YEAAAA !!!!!!

Wow - :P Party Timez - Just got a great movie too (Lost Boys ) today- :o) all time great Holloween movie- yup-yup

Anybody got any progress towards a salution to the shoutbox yet ? Is the Great Pumpkin going to visit sprouty and restore the shoutbox? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop -:confused:

ElevatorEscapee
31-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I agree the smell from the third one is not very good. At least the first two had things to say. The third one just used an opportunity to attack, observing that there are two others... :evil:

#3 = SBD!!! :lol:

Sorry Garv, haven't been watching the TV dramas lately... why do they always seem to be about "good versus evil"?

In real life, the murderers don't always get it in the end, which is a very sad indictment on contemporary Western society... ie in that it wants to present an image that "crime always pays".

PS Dear Mr Drug, Bloomin heck mate! People who joke around aren't necessarily your bloodsworn enemies! You may find that life can be a little more fun if you don't necessarily think of people who disagree with you as being your enemy! :)

Alan Shore
31-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Wtf, google isn't working for me, everything else seems to be fine, does it work for the rest of you?

Bill Gletsos
31-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Wtf, google isn't working for me, everything else seems to be fine, does it work for the rest of you?Google is working fine for me.

bergil
31-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Wtf, google isn't working for me, everything else seems to be fine, does it work for the rest of you?Fine here. :D

Alan Shore
31-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Nah it definitely must be my end.. chesschat and msn stopped for about 10 mins (other sites were fine), now they work again. Thanks anyway.

Alan Shore
31-10-2006, 11:15 PM
There's a show called shock docs on now.. people who are like 400kg!! Crazy...

littlesprout85
02-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Sprouty like to give a shoutout to Belthasar :)

Wazz^ Elevators :)

Lets See here ('-') - See The shoutbox is downs. Its been way over a month now that the shoutbox been temp disabled. :C Funny how sprouty cant find that poll on " favorite things about chesschats you like "- Only 2 ppl voted for the shoutbox :C (sprouty was one of em). Ahh but oh well - gots to get inz where you fit inz.

Axiom
02-11-2006, 09:21 PM
As i now know the true meaning of 'disabled', i wish clarification of the meaning of the term ,'temporarily'.

Kevin Bonham
02-11-2006, 09:27 PM
As i now know the true meaning of 'disabled', i wish clarification of the meaning of the term ,'temporarily'.

My guess is that "indefinitely" is a fair synonym in the circumstances.

ElevatorEscapee
02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
There's a show called shock docs on now.. people who are like 40kg!! Crazy...

Yes, it is crazy that they weigh so little! (mainly forced by self starvation)

Eating disorders are not to be joked about!

Alan Shore
02-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Eating disorders are to be joked about!

Now now EE, I know The Biggest Loser is a high-rating sitcom but we shouldn't be too insensitive about these things. :)

Axiom
02-11-2006, 10:35 PM
My guess is that "indefinitely" is a fair synonym in the circumstances.
definitely, "indefinitely"?, if so, any idea as to the causal agents at work ,producing this most unsatisfactory and uncertain state of affairs? ;)

Kevin Bonham
02-11-2006, 11:46 PM
definitely, "indefinitely"?, if so, any idea as to the causal agents at work ,producing this most unsatisfactory and uncertain state of affairs? ;)

The causal agent is that the database (not the refreshing) is for some unknown reason producing a very high load on the server.

The reason it hasn't been either fixed or declared unfixable faster is that the site owner is busy with his education requirements and this board is probably not in his top several dozen priorities right now.

Desmond
03-11-2006, 07:18 AM
The causal agent is that the database (not the refreshing) is for some unknown reason producing a very high load on the server.I am curious to know the reason behind this. A database in itself is only essentially a heap of data of a few hard drives. It is the amount of queries that are put to it that create a load on the server. In this instance I assume that each time the page refreshes it is sending a new query to the database.

Garrett
03-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Sounds like the web server is not cacheing properly causing a trip to the database every time a webpage is generated. Even if the queries are properly keyed that will place quite a load on the database server.

littlesprout85
05-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Sprouty like to give a Shout Out to Boris :)

Wazz^ Axioms :)

Wow- Sprouts just got back from the Steve Miller Concert :D (gotz a new Joker bootleg t-shirts onz ) Yup-Yup !

That concert brings sprouts total to 5 for the past month oct/4 to nov/4 gotz to be me all timez record :o)

Sprouty was stearing alot of new ppl to chesschats this evening - They all thought that chesschats was broke- IMAO :S- Sprouty was all like " ermmm- Just the shoutbox is broke for now" :wall: WATS A SPROUT TA DO ? (sprouty was all pushing da Arcade but they gotz to sign up first before they can see it - IMFAO)

Sprouts a salesman amongst Veggies - but there is only so much Me Lil Bean Self can mustard.

ElevatorEscapee
06-11-2006, 05:06 PM
You know that the juniors have been:

When you find crayon scribbles on your board! :lol:

Basil
06-11-2006, 11:08 PM

What what what what? Conspirators? Post count? What what what? Failure? All this while I was out of the room on Sabbatical.

Isn't that meant or be ex President Mr Oddity Knob Head Howard Duggan, Mr Dr Secretary Moderator?

Basil
06-11-2006, 11:15 PM
ephemeral...
$5 HCDs

littlesprout85
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Wohoooo -
Sprouty like to give a Shout Out to HDs :) - great ta see yea back onz this Temporary Shout Box Thread. Bills record post count is in jepardy from da beasty side of sproutys pea brain. Imfao !!!

Where is the Jedi Masters sprouty has summons to work on dis problem of da shoutbox(Sproutys universe) :S What sprouty has noticed is when this site(chesschats) switched to netlogics,two days later the shoutbox went out :C - its been down ever since. (This might be a possible sorce of da problem) Hopefully this info might be of some use.

Wazz^ Boris :)

Sprouty like to give a ShoutOut To Elephants :) -YEAAAA !!! (All the while the ShoutBox War Rages Onz )

Desmond
07-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey sprouty,
seems the Jedi are all hiding in the Dagobar System, impersonating garden gnomes, and practising teleknisis. :( Hopefully it will be back before long.

littlesprout85
11-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Alrighty Then :(

Now this just is going too far. Two months without the shoutbox.( hasnt sprouty been tormented enough) Somewhere this experiment has gotten off the deep end of life. :S

At first sprout was all like oks- lets post up a storm.But now after a few months its getting pointless.(sprout is lost in the abyss) :pray:

Sprout like to give a ShoutOut to Reannas_24 this evenings :)
Got that snail mail and looking forward to the next round of chess matches between us ;)

Kevin Bonham
11-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I have heard from STML. He's intending to code a new shoutbox or fix the code in the old one (came from a third party supplier) but don't expect this in the next week or two given his other commitments.

Garvinator
11-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I wonder what will happen if the shoutbox is down and sprouty manages to get to 200 posts and access to the coffee lounge ;)

Basil
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Give me an "I"

ER
12-11-2006, 12:18 AM
I wonder what will happen if the shoutbox is down and sprouty manages to get to 200 posts and access to the coffee lounge ;)
Sprouty has my vote for Pres! the other guys have neither the humour nor the sensitivity! :) Go Sprouty, Go!!! :clap:
Cheers and good luck to all! :)

WhiteElephant
12-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Sprouty has my vote for Pres!

You mean sprouty for new ACF Pres? Hey that's a thought!

antichrist
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
The board is better without the Shoutbox as all posts are now classified into relevent threads. In the ST George comp thread AR and myself would have known at the approp time what Bill was doing as it would not have become snowed under in the Shout box. Also it departure seems to curtailed most useless blather.

Kevin Bonham
12-11-2006, 12:51 PM
The board is better without the Shoutbox as all posts are now classified into relevent threads.

Except if they are made by you.

:hand:

antichrist
12-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Except if they are made by you.

Just to prove the point what happened to my post yesterday stirring up yourself, Bill, Dennis and the Pom? JUst to keep relevant, I would have put this post on shoutbox but it ain't there.

Kevin Bonham
12-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Just to prove the point what happened to my post yesterday stirring up yourself, Bill, Dennis and the Pom? JUst to keep relevant, I would have put this post on shoutbox but it ain't there.

It was deleted for off-topic trolling as was another you made today. If you make any more blatantly off-topic trolling posts in the next week or so expect to be suspended.

Garvinator
12-11-2006, 11:29 PM
I do believe there is a thread mentioning Sophie Delezio, but cant find it, so into the temporary shoutbox we go.

Brain injury threatens Sophie Delezio.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=98939

ER
13-11-2006, 03:19 PM
You mean sprouty for new ACF Pres? Hey that's a thought!
:lol: no, i actually meant US Pres!
Cheers and good luck!

Kevin Bonham
13-11-2006, 03:28 PM
:lol: no, i actually meant US Pres!

Republican or Democrat? :eek:

Getting closer to the next US Presidential silly season. Should I invite chesslover back to contribute commentary?

*everybody runs away*

Desmond
13-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Brit'ny the chess player???

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=161493

littlesprout85
13-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Sprouty like to give a ShouOut To Heavys this evening :)

Wazz^ Elephants :) - good to cya up in the Temp. ShoutBox -yup-yup

Heyy Bonhams :) - let sprouty give yea a Lil clue- Sprouty is for da PPl - and Downz with da Ppls needs. Sprout is totally for environment & all life.

Sprouty only hopes that mankind will wake up and realize that we are here to take care of all life. We would all be rich and war would be History. :D Think about this, for it is very deep and is totaly sprouts philosophy.Think about how it would inpact everything. We would be solely looking out for our elders our young & each other, all animals and plants. Imao the air would be far cleaner-for more trees would be planted.Every person alive would have a job.
Poverty, Hunger, Huh-Where ? would all be in the past tense.To take care of all life is a big job with big rewards. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence from Heavys & Elephants, means alot to sprouty.

antichrist
01-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Sprouty like to give a ShouOut To Heavys this evening :)

Wazz^ Elephants :) - good to cya up in the Temp. ShoutBox -yup-yup

Heyy Bonhams :) - let sprouty give yea a Lil clue- Sprouty is for da PPl - and Downz with da Ppls needs. Sprout is totally for environment & all life.

Sprouty only hopes that mankind will wake up and realize that we are here to take care of all life. We would all be rich and war would be History. :D Think about this, for it is very deep and is totaly sprouts philosophy.Think about how it would inpact everything. We would be solely looking out for our elders our young & each other, all animals and plants. Imao the air would be far cleaner-for more trees would be planted.Every person alive would have a job.
Poverty, Hunger, Huh-Where ? would all be in the past tense.To take care of all life is a big job with big rewards. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence from Heavys & Elephants, means alot to sprouty.

HI sprouty, please feel at home here, we sort of made a pig of ourselves in the shoutbox and she got morbid obese and died. I know it will only seem like an old garage compared to your penthouse but that is life.

Hobbes
01-06-2011, 01:23 AM

Ah for the good old days!

Kevin Bonham
01-06-2011, 01:48 AM
^^^
For the permanent record, that was Hobbes' 200th post.

Bill Gletsos
01-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Nowadays you need 500 posts to get to the Coffee Lounge.

littlesprout85
01-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Oh NOooo0000OOooo !!!!! (((Echo))) :eh:

(Sprout Drop-Kicks da evil encroacher ac into next week for tripping over da power cord to da shoutbox . .. . . . . .. ) :clap:

on a lighter side of this matter- meh close to da 500 post count to gain a bigger avatar. :eek:

Lets not let the shoutbox remain disabled for so long this time m8's, thruthfully its the worse time to have the shoutbox down rite now cause sprouty is heavly promoting chesschats on this tour the next three months(sprouts whole universe is da shoutbox) & sprout can always be found at chesschats =0)

So like lets just install a garbage disposal on da end of da shoutbox archieves & keep it running 24/7

-Sprout85 =)

ER
01-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Nowadays you need 500 posts to get to the Coffee Lounge.

piece of cake for Sprouty! :lol:

Desmond
01-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Oh NOooo0000OOooo !!!!! (((Echo))) :eh:

(Sprout Drop-Kicks da evil encroacher ac into next week for tripping over da power cord to da shoutbox . .. . . . . .. ) :clap:

on a lighter side of this matter- meh close to da 500 post count to gain a bigger avatar. :eek:

Lets not let the shoutbox remain disabled for so long this time m8's, thruthfully its the worse time to have the shoutbox down rite now cause sprouty is heavly promoting chesschats on this tour the next three months(sprouts whole universe is da shoutbox) & sprout can always be found at chesschats =0)

So like lets just install a garbage disposal on da end of da shoutbox archieves & keep it running 24/7

-Sprout85 =)
I think you already have it mate. Probably a hangover from when they changed it from 200 to 500.

antichrist
01-06-2011, 08:30 AM
the new shoutbox should have a self flushing action how the posts only last a max of one week for example. Or admin can just delete the old pages a week old. Then everyone is on notice that the posts will be deleted so can save elsewhere if they think important. Or can post alternatively in thread to begin with.

Desmond
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
the new shoutbox should have a self flushing action how the posts only last a max of one week for example. Or admin can just delete the old pages a week old. Then everyone is on notice that the posts will be deleted so can save elsewhere if they think important. Or can post alternatively in thread to begin with.
If there is a self flushing mechanism implemented it would probably involve your posts AC. :lol:

Kaitlin
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Ice Road Truckers in India is on TV (but I'm not watching it), Big Bang Thoery was on and I did watch that. But now I'm playing chess in FICS.

antichrist
01-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Ice Road Truckers in India is on TV (but I'm not watching it), Big Bang Thoery was on and I did watch that. But now I'm playing chess in FICS.

I watched my mate do Cow Whispering in person today - he can talk to the cows not sure what he tells them but. He may try and convert them to Jehovah Witness there is a definitive reason why he does not try to convert their husbands and brothers.

antichrist
01-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi Kaitlin, this is the only place say hi and not get my fingers cut off or tongue cut out - inspite of the thread's name

Kaitlin
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Did you see any of 4 Corners on the ABC .. Indonisians are crule to our cows, we shouldn't send them any more.

antichrist
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Did you see any of 4 Corners on the ABC .. Indonisians are crule to our cows, we shouldn't send them any more.

if you seen Aussie abattoirs you may become a vegetarian, many females do, some just get turned off by the killing in spite of how it is done.

I have seen dogs bludgeoned to death, was a lot worse then what those cows suffered. A few graziers have been educating me lately on how cows have emotions and are a bit smart, can sense danger and other things. They hold grudges as well.

antichrist
01-06-2011, 10:24 PM

you were supposed to ask why my mate could not convert the cows male folk to Jehovah Witnesses

Hobbes
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
there is a definitive reason why he does not try to convert their husbands and brothers.

Bull.

Redmond Barry
02-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Bull.

some people might be ebullient towards your reply hobbes and some might only steer clear.

either way, nobody can deny youve calved up a niche for yourself and milked it for all its worth.

littlesprout85
03-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Geez, day three and still no shoutbox :cry:

Without a shoutbox chesschats loses it appeal straight away,& sprouts mind with it :eek:

Ummmm- sprouty problably wont be making it to post up 500 anytime soon, for boris is probably right & has discourages da sprout from trying to make this scene into a positive one :wall:

This however is making the toolbox(which has a shoutbox) look more attractive in sproutums mind(slightly) & giving enough time without chesschats shoutbox- it might just drive sprouty to it for the insanity of it all :eh:

Haste makes waste meh mums use to tell meh- so meh will not jump to any conclusions here just yet- but by noway will this help sprout gain a post count. Trading post jabs with ac is quite boring.

Might be a while til meh might find meh way backs to chesschats. Da sprout is going on one long adventure & meh shall accept the open road with new found vitality & glee.

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
03-06-2011, 01:58 AM
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="System"]Geez, day three and still no shoutbox

We needed to leave it down for a few days minimum to be confident that it and it alone was the cause of the problem.

Not going to say for sure when it is going to be restored but the current plan is to restore it soon but accessible only to logged-in members; old shouts may be culled as well.

By the way the Toolbox's shoutbox is only accessible to logged-in members but lest they claim we are ripping off their idea, I should point out that we'd be doing it to improve our site speed, while they are doing it to hide the embarrassing hydra rubbish they have over there from general public view.

antichrist
03-06-2011, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Kevin Bonham]; old shouts may be culled as well.
QUOTE]

I told you leave only one week there. And cull a lot of old threads in stage 2

You have not said thanks yet

Rincewind
03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
You have not said thanks yet

:lol: You crack me up.

Hobbes
03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
And cull a lot of old threads

I think there is an old thread about Janis Joplin nobody ever reads; it might be a good candidate for culling.
:lol:

Kevin Bonham
03-06-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't think the number of old shouts is actually a contributor to the problem by itself - excluding bots should be sufficient. But a cleanout is often fun with a new shoutcount race for Axiom to be absent from and antichrist to complain about. :lol:

antichrist
04-06-2011, 01:00 AM
:lol: You crack me up.

well the Dark Side reakon I deserve 365 days of no barrings, being made a mod and a Hero Day's classification

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2011, 01:25 AM
I could regret actually mentioning that your guess was not entirely off the planet given the amount of bulldust that comment has spawned by various posters over there. Occupational hazard of giving partial credit where partial credit is due, I suppose.

ER
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Rince had suggested to avoid using the shoutbox for announcements including links etc sometime ago. Another thing, my friend who is cluey about stuff like that suggested not to overdo it with publishing pictures as images in the threads. She says just publish the links and all those interested will have a look at them anyway!

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Rince had suggested to avoid using the shoutbox for announcements including links etc sometime ago.

That wouldn't have been for volume reasons though. The proportion of volume they take up would be trivial.

Rincewind
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
That wouldn't have been for volume reasons though. The proportion of volume they take up would be trivial.

My vague recollection was it was more to do with people making announcements in the shoutbox becoming annoyed with people to make transient comments causing the "announcements" to disappear. If you want a comment to be visible for more than an hour or so (even at relatively quiet times) then you shouldn't use the shoutbox.

The reason I don't give AC much credit (if any at all) about identifying the shoutbox as a source of system slowness. If the comment was not motivated by reason but rather his continued campaign against sprouty. Since the shoutbox posts of sprouty are a source of aggravation to AC he is likely to blame everything from childhood obesity to global warming on shoutbox. In this case he happened to be right but that was just blind luck.

Similarly AC's comment about the system slowness of the Beauty of Nature thread is misplaced. Since the pictures are not hosted here the thread might take some time for an individual to render as their browser downloads images from all over the place, it will not have an appreciable effect on the speed of chesschat for users not viewing that thread.

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2011, 03:06 PM
My vague recollection was it was more to do with people making announcements in the shoutbox becoming annoyed with people to make transient comments causing the "announcements" to disappear. If you want a comment to be visible for more than an hour or so (even at relatively quiet times) then you shouldn't use the shoutbox.

That is also my memory as to the reason.

Since the shoutbox posts of sprouty are a source of aggravation to AC he is likely to blame everything from childhood obesity to global warming on shoutbox. In this case he happened to be right but that was just blind luck.

Agreed. :lol:

antichrist
04-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Gee both of you guys are self-serving hee-hawing climate changing deniers (analogy that is).

Wen coming back home after being from Dark Side in total sunshine and travelling the speed of light and being barred from SB my computer would romp it in - and there wasn't a sprouty in sight - don't mention the war, nor anyone of those minorities whose certain practises are dicey (treehuggers for example) - but lo and behold when when the fox was allowed back into the henhouse of SB da site was paralaysed its was, as if frozen in a time warp, as if a slow moving 9/11 was occuring over about 5 mins., like a baby would never be conceived if you know what I mean.

Well being the great intellect I am, in brotherhood with Einstein but not one of the Chosen (like being both God and Man), I deducted that it must be our precious what a mouth he's got what a mouth he's got, wait for it, SHOUTOX.

But I must admit it was a difficult one to call, I am sure those deniers of AC's Homo Experiences Blah Blah Blah thread in the Coffee Lounge could not have picked it - in fact that is what you two guys remind of, those posters who can't bear to read THAT thread's name, you can't admit that AC shot the problem straight in the eye, just as that thread did in threading the needle.

Just as I did with ST George Champ fiasco.

This Lebo has it over the whole board now if you don't mind I will enjoy my felafel in peace.

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Gee both of you guys are self-serving hee-hawing climate changing deniers (analogy that is).

*yaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn*

You're the second person who has used the lame "climate change denier" analogy card in my presence today. I forget what kind of womble I called the first one. After all, it's really not that much of an insult given that this board is awash with posters who would take it as a compliment, is it?

Well being the great intellect I am, in brotherhood with Einstein but not one of the Chosen (like being both God and Man), I deducted that it must be our precious what a mouth he's got what a mouth he's got, wait for it, SHOUTOX.

Then why did you also blame the number of old threads?

antichrist
04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
*yaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn*

You're the second person who has used the lame "climate change denier" analogy card in my presence today. I forget what kind of womble I called the first one. After all, it's really not that much of an insult given that this board is awash with posters who would take it as a compliment, is it?

Then why did you also blame the number of old threads?

The old threads were part of stage 2 I told you to crewcut, but I can understand you dont want to lose my old gems

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2011, 08:19 PM
The old threads were part of stage 2 I told you to crewcut, but I can understand you dont want to lose my old gems

If we ever had to cull your threads would lead the way.

littlesprout85
05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Shhhhhhh !!!!!!
Looks like its time again for sprouty to hunt blabasours up in this temporary shoutbox :eh: its kinda difficult just to image that this is the Shoutbox :eek:

Sprout has finally got everythang sailing in the right direction. Took alot of preparation & now its time to get on up outta Arizona RAwR RAwR !!!!1

Wouldnt u know that arizona would throw 3 forest fires into da mix to delay sprouts departure.Got a highway closed & two other states are now complaining about the smoke(new mexico & colorado) :doh:

Dont know wat to do now- the wallow fire has charred 120 sq. miles of forest & the smoke is choking out new mexico & colorado. This fire is 0 % contained at the present time & really suks cause its now ranked as the third largest fire in az history & is just getting started(day 6) :(

Its not the fire but the smoke that sprouty doesnt wanna deal with- but in order to get to michigan gots to go east & thru da smoke AUGH !!!!!! Why is the climate all of a sudden wanna go crazy- record tornados-fires-droughts-floods-huge earthquakes-tidal waves- man made destruction for realz :0

-Sprout85 =)

antichrist
05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Couldn't you just get a helicopter to land on your penthouse and fly away on your trip, and remember my advice on how to enrichen yourself.

Redmond Barry
05-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I forget what kind of womble I called the first one.

was it great uncle bulgaria ?

littlesprout85
06-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Ummm,

Sprouty thinks that ac's got ems confused with BG's kinda lifestyle-Maybe one day Sproutums will be Higher Rolling Like Dat, but until then noways.

Meh gots da penthouse after yrs of savings & hard labor m8-Also sprouty had to sell an older condo(8yrs old) in da last yr for a loss to get into da new penthouse. This means dat sprouty has a slight morgage for 5 yrs and meh just got done paying for one yr, so like 4 yrs left-Doh !!!!! Hopefully the housing market will rebound with a fury in the next 4 yrs and sprouty will make some scratch in da end. Meh got into da penthouse way cheap cause of da housing market crash. Also da penthouse is worth alot more than the last condo. :pray:

As for da Flying over the fire, sprouty cant do that cause meh need to travel by meh acura. Sprouty will be gone for 3-5 months & meh aint renting a car for dat long.

This leaves sprout three ways to get outta az- All three are threatened by wildfires & heavy smoke :S so like sprout is in a holding pattern until further data is gathered on wind directions. :hand:

This is just one of the problems da open road is tossing at sprouty dis yr- Alot of tornado damage citys are thru the mid west. Lodging,gas & groceries might be scarce :doh:

AUGH !!!! Lets not forget that da Shoutbox is Downz for da counts & totally making it harder for sprouty to counter jab ac:wall:

-Sprout85 =)

ElevatorEscapee
07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
^ Sprouty, you could always try escaping south of the border... or are the Minutemen trying to stop Az citizens illegally emigrating? ;)

Rincewind
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
^ Sprouty, you could always try escaping south of the border... or are the Minutemen trying to stop Az citizens illegally emigrating? ;)

Exactly how small are these minute men?

Hobbes
07-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Exactly how small are these minute men?

They may just be men of normal size who need to think about baseball.

littlesprout85
08-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Ummmm,

Lets check the road options for sproutums to make the journey.

Cant go the northern route outta az cause of the smoke from da wallow fire(ranked now #2 largest az fire ever) is almost to chi-town by now(IL)

Cant go southern route cause of the murphy & the horseshoe fires giving off major smoke. As well as the mexican cartel would luv to releave sproutums of his valuables:doh:

Cant go west cali way and up cause the engineer fire gots the highway closed :S & da smoke its giving off-ufta !!!! its just plain crazy to go 2000 miles up thru washington way to get to michigan.Also hearing now that there are some small fires in colorado now so the west/northern route is out.Nope climbing mountains & da possible big one hitting(earthquake caliway)sproutums aint chancing it by taking this way:wall:

Cant go straight east cause that would be straight into the wallow fire :C

Might as well just marker inz three new seasons for america, Tornado/Fire/Hurrican seasons along with the other four. If ur in arizona go ahead and add inz monsoon season as well :|

Lets not forget the other natural forces at work here stateside. The flooding is still going onz in the riverways. Just announced today that there was a 4.1 earthquake in MO.

Wats dis about the minutemen -HaHahaHahAHahaaha, oh-oh-oh HAhahHahahaha, they got outta dodge when the cartels started da drugwar-havent heard nor seen a peep outta em since.

-Sprout85 =)

Adamski
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Shhhhhhh !!!!!!
Looks like its time again for sprouty to hunt blabasours up in this temporary shoutbox :eh: its kinda difficult just to image that this is the Shoutbox :eek:

Sprout has finally got everythang sailing in the right direction. Took alot of preparation & now its time to get on up outta Arizona RAwR RAwR !!!!1

Wouldnt u know that arizona would throw 3 forest fires into da mix to delay sprouts departure.Got a highway closed & two other states are now complaining about the smoke(new mexico & colorado) :doh:

Dont know wat to do now- the wallow fire has charred 120 sq. miles of forest & the smoke is choking out new mexico & colorado. This fire is 0 % contained at the present time & really suks cause its now ranked as the third largest fire in az history & is just getting started(day 6) :(

Its not the fire but the smoke that sprouty doesnt wanna deal with- but in order to get to michigan gots to go east & thru da smoke AUGH !!!!!! Why is the climate all of a sudden wanna go crazy- record tornados-fires-droughts-floods-huge earthquakes-tidal waves- man made destruction for realz :0

-Sprout85 =)That is sad sprouty. I hope things improve soon.

Kaitlin
08-06-2011, 06:15 PM
FIC tourneys :( also => tbot(TD): INFO: mamer, the tournament bot, is down because of a hard drive failure. there will be no tourneys until further notice. how long until fixed is unknown at present. sorry for the inconvenience.

littlesprout85
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
AUGHHHH !!!!!! SOMEBODY FIX DA SHOUTBOX ALREADY !!!!

geez, sprouty is in da worse mood ever-EVER !!!!! just found out the most terrible news (sprout is grieving now & in shock) :cry:

There isnt any reasoning to anything any more. Just when da sprout gains total freedom -WHAM !!!! terrible news hits, now meh trip to michigan gains new meaning. Why did meh ever leave home in the first place- Is It All really fate . . .. . will somebody help meh make some kinda sense of it all :eh:

-Sprout85 =)

antichrist
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
well Capt Underpantes is the board psychologist if you need help

Adamski
08-06-2011, 10:25 PM
It's really cold in Penrith tonight!

Adamski
08-06-2011, 10:27 PM
AUGHHHH !!!!!! SOMEBODY FIX DA SHOUTBOX ALREADY !!!!

geez, sprouty is in da worse mood ever-EVER !!!!! just found out the most terrible news (sprout is grieving now & in shock) :cry:

There isnt any reasoning to anything any more. Just when da sprout gains total freedom -WHAM !!!! terrible news hits, now meh trip to michigan gains new meaning. Why did meh ever leave home in the first place- Is It All really fate . . .. . will somebody help meh make some kinda sense of it all :eh:

-Sprout85 =)
I will pray things get better for you and you get away soon.

antichrist
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I will pray things get better for you and you get away soon.

we appreciate your good wishes but doubt the prayers will do any good

antichrist
14-06-2011, 10:33 AM
beautiful sunny warm day in Byron today - beach here I come about lunchtime

antichrist
14-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Everyone stand to attention, KB has entered the chamber

ElevatorEscapee
14-06-2011, 09:08 PM
^are you holding the pot?

Hobbes
14-06-2011, 11:47 PM
beautiful sunny warm day in Byron today - beach here I come about lunchtime
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u271/rfoucault/Funny%20photos/Beachsnorting.jpg

antichrist
15-06-2011, 12:32 AM
there is a guy who does sand "art" on the beach most mornings, big circles and solar system etc, he says he has a new canvas after every high tide.

there is another guy who builds sand figures every day for donations. Busty mermaids etc are his favourites

Adamski
15-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Very good win to NSW in the league tonight. Hope they can win the series for the first time in 6 years at Suncorp Stadium in game 3.

Basil
16-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Hope they can win the series for the first time in 6 years at Suncorp Stadium in game 3.
For sure. If NSW don't win in QLD, word is that QLD will refuse to play any further SOO games until NSW can supply a real team ;)

Garrett
16-06-2011, 05:41 AM
wierd looking moon this morning....

ElevatorEscapee
16-06-2011, 04:06 PM
^Lunar Eclipse.

Ash cloud from the Chilean volcano Puyehue caused it to look red when in the Earth's shadow.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2011/06/16/3245203.htm

I was lucky enough to be able to see it from my kitchen window without having to go outside and brave the cold. :)

Garrett
16-06-2011, 04:35 PM
thanks !

I saw it walking up from the office and wondered what was going on ....

Basil
16-06-2011, 04:40 PM
thanks !

I saw it walking up from the office and wondered what was going on ....
OMG! Did you stop and say hello?

Garrett
16-06-2011, 05:07 PM
OMG! Did you stop and say hello?

I meant walking up "to" the office (from the carpark).

No, I didn't say hello to the moon, it didn't occur to me for some reason...

littlesprout85
16-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Ummmmm yea,

No colors any more meh want them to turn Black- No Hope in dis stupid world Meh Need it to turn Black -

Lets see- today two of the southern arizona fires merged into one(tupac fire is da new name) :doh:

Also da wallow fire is now da Largest fire in arizona history- latest news on this beast is that it is 30% contained with 4,000 firefighters on the fire line. Dis beast of a fire has now spread into new mexico :0

Got da portal fire also on da southern exit of arizona/mexico border still burning after a good month- only 60% contained.

The engineer fire is 100 % contained to the north, and a new fire outside of tuscon called the monistary fire has burned 50 buildings and is threatening citys nearby :0-

Lets just say arizona will be on fire for quit some time to come, With no rain in sight- going to be a long summer.

With the recent news from michigan-sprouty is grieving the loss of ems soulmate. The world lost an angel april 25,2011.Meh dont really care about anythang anymore. SILENCE So Deafening u can almost hear da Sprouts internal rawr . . . . . . . .. . .

-Sprout85

Adamski
17-06-2011, 12:01 AM
I hope those fires get put out real soon sprouty, Chin up - at ;east you aren't having daily earth tremors like my former home city of Christchurch.

antichrist
18-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Rest in peace Shoutbox Disable, at the going down of the sun we will remember you...

at least you cut the wings off those heavy loaders

littlesprout85
19-06-2011, 06:31 PM
ummmmmm,

just for your own info - Bereaved plz make some room in your inbox so meh can send ja a message

-Sprout85

ElevatorEscapee
19-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Apparently, Sproutbox now re-enabled... someone will be happy! ;)

Kevin Bonham
19-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Shoutbox is indeed re-enabled. Looks like nobody wants to present too much of a challenge to sprouty in taking the shoutcount lead.

Bereaved
29-06-2011, 12:10 AM
ummmmmm,

just for your own info - Bereaved plz make some room in your inbox so meh can send ja a message

-Sprout85
Hi Sprouty, sorry to take so long with all this.....my cat Macavity passed away, he was 17 but it was still hard to deal with :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I hope that you are well, and enjoying life,

Take care and God Bless, Bereaved

Kevin Bonham
29-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi Sprouty, sorry to take so long with all this.....my cat Macavity passed away, he was 17 but it was still hard to deal with :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Old cats are very special creatures. Condolences on your loss.

ER
29-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Old cats are very special creatures. Condolences on your loss.
When I was a kid I loved my animals and I had a dog (Irma) and a cat (Sylvo). Mother used to nag nag nag "you only want to play with them you don't look after them"! Well that was the truth but it didn't mean I didn't love them. Irma died in a car accident and I was devastated for weeks. Mum said that's it no more animals in the house. She even gor rid of Sylvo but the damage was already done! That's been the case ever since! Now I couldn't care less unless there is a social issue re animal exports etc. After all in most cases people get what they deserve, animals don't!

antichrist
29-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Native species that get wiped out by introduced cats dont deserve what they get either. Even domestic cats wipe out wildlife, they get top of my roof to chase the birds in trees. Dogs have wiped out the giant lizards, or at least appears so.

So who is going to wipe out these domestic species-killers?

I used to in my younger days - a very good shot I was!

Hobbes
29-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I used to in my younger days - a very good shot I was!

Yes, the older you get the better you were. :owned:

Anyway Rincewind says you only fire blanks.

Kevin Bonham
29-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Sure, cats are a big issue on bushland fringes but it is up to owners there to control them. Deep in inner cities what they are catching is likely to mostly be introduced.

antichrist
29-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Sure, cats are a big issue on bushland fringes but it is up to owners there to control them. Deep in inner cities what they are catching is likely to mostly be introduced.

I have lived near a few cemeteries in Sydney and , esp when I bushed my block out, all the native species came from the bushy cemeteries - so cats can also kill natives even in cities. A replica of what occurred during the human populations as well.

antichrist
03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Hobbes
While bright multi-coloured signatures might be expected from teenage girls, they are a little more surprising at the end of posts by elderly gentlemen!

LIsten Hobbes I take exception being described as an elderly gentleman, of which I am neither and never will be.

KB did delete my wussey coloured shout but we just expect him to do that - is is no reflection of myself. They are his hang-ups.

Hobbes
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

littlesprout85
04-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Hmmmmmm,

Sprout wonders if the revamped shoutbox is any better than the old shoutbox :?

Now it feels like we have been moved backstage in a private poker room w no bar- HINT-HINT !!!! We have no football stadium feel to this place anymore. Gotz no cable feed to the outside world even :doh:

How does the chesschat crew feel about the new revamped shoutbox-sprout would like some input on this touchy subject:eh:

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
04-07-2011, 02:15 AM
The new shoutbox is exactly the same except that members can only see it when logged in. I think we've done quite enough to publicise that they need to log in to see it. I doubt anyone's going to stay away just because they can't see it as guest. If anything it might encourage more people to log in!

antichrist
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
The new shoutbox is exactly the same except that members can only see it when logged in. I think we've done quite enough to publicise that they need to log in to see it. I doubt anyone's going to stay away just because they can't see it as guest. If anything it might encourage more people to log in!

When I posted in SB in feint print that was a parody of how outsiders also cannot view shoutbox - but my finess was not recognised or appreciated, casting pearls to swine I was

littlesprout85
04-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Hmmmm,

Seems to sprouty that da new and improved shoutbox is more competitive than ever before. Also it seems to be bringing out more members that werent so shout hungry before the improvements :eek:

-sprout85 =)

ElevatorEscapee
01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
How come I can no longer post in the shoutbox? I sent a "shout" earlier today and nothing showed up... I sent a "shout" just then, and still nothing.

Is this just a bug, or have I been "shoutbox banned"?

ElevatorEscapee
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, it seems to be finally working now... what a difference a couple of minutes make...

littlesprout85
03-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Ummmmmm,

CAN U HEAR MEH NOW !!!!! .......................HAhHHHAahhAhAhahAhHaHaahaHa ahaa . . . . . oh thats funny . .. . can u hear meh now . . . lol

-Sprout85 =)

Hobbes
06-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Good evening

Desmond
06-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Friday night - always a good time to have a few drinks and destroy your online blitz rating. :)

Redmond Barry
07-09-2013, 01:05 AM
stop looking at me swan.

Hobbes
07-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Baseball bat time!

ER
07-09-2013, 09:40 AM
yeah time to stick a baseball bat up your arse, troglotrollop!

Hobbes
07-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Settle down jak!

Didn't you have to attend anger management courses after some of your assault trials, what would the people giving these courses say about your angry posts?

Hobbes
07-09-2013, 09:44 AM
They don't like it up 'em!

ER
07-09-2013, 09:45 AM
off to vote, then a nice walk down the beach then some lunch at the Beachcombers then some matinee concert then back home to prepare for tomorrow's back to Daylesford trip! :)

Redmond Barry
07-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Ive just waited 40 minutes to cast a vote. Has anybody waited any longer ?

Rincewind
07-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Ive just waited 40 minutes to cast a vote. Has anybody waited any longer ?

Does that include the time to vote below the line on the senate ballot?

Desmond
07-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Ive just waited 40 minutes to cast a vote. Has anybody waited any longer ?I went at lunch time - no queue at all. :)

skip to my lou
07-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Shoutbox should be working. Please let me know if there are any issues.