PDA

View Full Version : Commonwealth Championships

Denis_Jessop
07-10-2006, 11:50 AM
The Commonwealth Championships, organised by the Commonwealth Chess Association, will be held in Mumbai. India, from 19 to 20 November 2006.

Some weeks ago the ACF advertised for applicants for selection as Australia is entitled to free accommodation for one player. The date for applications has already closed. No applications were received.

The other day I was telephoned by the organisers from India asking about entries so they are keen to have players from Australia.

Entries close on 10 October but late entries will be accepted to 30 October on payment of a $US50 late fee.

If anyone is interested in going could they please e-mail or PM me urgently and I can e-mail them a brochure.

DJ

antichrist
07-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Is there the possibility of any norms on offer? Can we jointly sponcer one of our up and coming GMs? I will toss in a hundred if my old sparring partner Mike will follow suit.

Denis_Jessop
07-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Is there the possibility of any norms on offer? Can we jointly sponcer one of our up and coming GMs? I will toss in a hundred if my old sparring partner Mike will follow suit.

I suppose that depends partly on who enters from other countries. None of them applied when the event was advertised recently. One problem for many players will no doubt be the timing as the top ones have recently been to the Olympiad and the Aus Open comes up just over a month later. Work and studies also have to be taken into account.

DJ