PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin board time clock

ursogr8
30-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh ADMIN. sir,
Is it just me or is the time-clock on the BB running 2 hours ahead of my office clock?
One of us adjusted for daylight savings ending by going the wrong way.

(Although I have noticed that the trains have not been so crowded. :rolleyes: ;) ).

skip to my lou
30-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Go to profile, click options.

In time setting select GMT +10. Also enable automatic DST detection.

ursogr8
04-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Go to profile, click options.

In time setting select GMT +10. Also enable automatic DST detection.
Thanks Jeo
That corrected it by one hour. I was out by 2 hours. But I am still out by 1 hour?
starter

skip to my lou
04-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Jeo
That corrected it by one hour. I was out by 2 hours. But I am still out by 1 hour?
starter

Ok, it seemed to work before not sure why its not working now..

Set DST off and set time to GMT +9

ursogr8
04-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Ok, it seemed to work before not sure why its not working now..

Set DST off and set time to GMT +9

hi K.

Now displaying OK as a clock and your post-time has corrected.
(I just have to pretend that I live in one of four Japanese cities apparentlY, according to the options :rolleyes: ).

tks
starter

eclectic
04-04-2004, 03:10 PM
hi K.

Now displaying OK as a clock and your post-time has corrected.
(I just have to pretend that I live in one of four Japanese cities apparentlY, according to the options :rolleyes: ).

tks
starter
Jeo,

If this server is technically based in the USA then the time anomaly might be because the USA/Canada began daylight saving this weekend.

Just a thought

:hmm:

eclectic

skip to my lou
04-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Jeo,

If this server is technically based in the USA then the time anomaly might be because the USA/Canada began daylight saving this weekend.

Just a thought

eclectic

The server IS in the USA, but the OS clock is set to GMT +10 and set to Australia. Dont know why its still picking up USA/Canada DST.

ursogr8
04-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Jeo,

Just a thought

eclectic

hi eclectic
Potentially a good pick-up of yours.
Whats with the hand in your signature line? No reponses to your posts allowed?
starter

eclectic
04-04-2004, 03:34 PM
The server IS in the USA, but the OS clock is set to GMT +10 and set to Australia. Dont know why its still picking up USA/Canada DST.
Most likely the way time variables are referenced by, or point to, each other.

(slight programming bug somewhere)

eclectic

eclectic
04-04-2004, 03:58 PM
hi eclectic
Potentially a good pick-up of yours.
Whats with the hand in your signature line? No reponses to your posts allowed?
starter
Hi starter,

The hand is sort of like Harry S Truman's "The Buck Stops Here" or MC Hammer's song "Don't Touch This"

as in

Peace will have to be declared in Mexico, both on and off the Bulletin Board;

The Chesslover thread will have to stop and its main protagonist get pychologically(/psychiatrically) re-integrated;

Anonymity on this Bulletin Board may have to stop because it perhaps might not be protection in libel suits if the wrong thing is ever posted and a lot of the nonsense that goes on at the moment only occurs because if the privelege of anonymity;

I know I've been posting too much (I should never post when I am tired) but with the greatest of respect to you, starter, I suspect you already know who I am ... and besides, my handle and my real name sit side by side somewhere in cyberspace.

Thank you, anyway, for keeping it to yourself.

[If any of the moderators are looking at this you have my permission to create, or take it to, another thread if need be]

Kindest Regards,

eclectic

arosar
04-04-2004, 08:36 PM
. . . or MC Hammer's song "Don't Touch This"

I can't believe somebody actually remembers that bloke! Wasn't that 'you can't touch this' though? Did you ever dig the baggy neon pants and the running man move?

AR

eclectic
04-04-2004, 09:00 PM
I can't believe somebody actually remembers that bloke! Wasn't that 'you can't touch this' though? Did you ever dig the baggy neon pants and the running man move?

AR
arosar,

you are correct

memory confused by the passing of time

probably remember the song due to its quirkiness more than anything else

or perhaps it was a pivotal song in rap music evolution ...

but i'm not an expert on such matters

cheers,

eclectic