PDA

View Full Version : Bug

Alan Shore
28-03-2004, 11:01 AM
I enjoyed some games with Mr Parker the other night.. hopefully more of you will try some bug :)

skip to my lou
28-03-2004, 01:01 PM
I enjoyed some games with Mr Parker the other night.. hopefully more of you will try some bug :)

What exactly is bug chess?

Alan Shore
28-03-2004, 03:03 PM
What exactly is bug chess?

Bug (or Bughouse), also commonly called Transfer, is when you have 4 players (2 per team) and 2 chess boards. When you capture your opponent's pieces, you give them to your partner playing on the second board, who can plonk those pieces down on his board and use them to his advantage and vice-versa (first to checkmate wins, all other laws of chess apply).

skip to my lou
28-03-2004, 04:59 PM
ah, I've played quite a bit of transfer chess otb. Might try it out some time on fics.

Alan Shore
28-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Excellent, FICS is the premier site for bug. I'll warn you though, it's quite competetive and players are quite strong there, so even if you think you're not a bad player, don't be too discouraged if you find you're getting thrashed in your first few games.

Trent Parker
01-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Excellent, FICS is the premier site for bug. I'll warn you though, it's quite competetive and players are quite strong there, so even if you think you're not a bad player, don't be too discouraged if you find you're getting thrashed in your first few games.
Yeah i'm still getting trashed :) Being more aware of my f6/f3 square more. But it is still fun!

boardumb
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Yeah i'm still getting trashed :) Being more aware of my f6/f3 square more. But it is still fun! f3 f6 are strange squares to watch depending on your opening. i'd keep g2/g7 safe first and then f6 will naturally defend itself.

Edit: first post!