PDA

View Full Version : Swiss systems : Lim and Dutch

Chang
12-09-2006, 03:31 AM
Hi,

What are the differences between Lim and Dutch system in Swiss pairing? Thank you.

Regards,

Oepty
12-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Have you read the rules of both pairing systems? Maybe you should do that if you have not. That should make you aware of some of the differences.
Scott

Denis_Jessop
12-09-2006, 09:31 PM
As you are a rookie, Chang, you may need a guide to where to find these rules. But so do I. The Dutch Sysem is easy as it is set out in the FIDE Handbook (www.fide.com/official/handbook) as the Swiss System Based on Rating. But although I've seen many references to the Lim system I haven't found anything that identifies itself as such. Stewart Reuben in his book says that it is approved by FIDE but none of the FIDE rules in the handbook refers to LIm - it may be the other simpler system described in the Handbook. Not even Google seemed to turn it up quickly. So does anyone else have a reference on the web for it? By the way, no one much seems to use it and none of the FIDE-approved computer pairing programs seems to use LIM.

DJ

pax
12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=C0402

"Regulations for Swiss Tournaments" is Lim.

Denis_Jessop
12-09-2006, 10:29 PM
http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=C0402

"Regulations for Swiss Tournaments" is Lim.

Thanks Pax - I thought it probably was, though not called that just as they don't call the other system Dutch!

DJ

pax
13-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks Pax - I thought it probably was, though not called that just as they don't call the other system Dutch!

DJ

Yeah, that bit of the handbook is really poorly structured and labelled.

Chang
14-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Have you read the rules of both pairing systems? Maybe you should do that if you have not. That should make you aware of some of the differences.
Scott

Hi,

Yes. I read both systems from FIDE handbook before without knowing what they're called. That's why I asked the question.:)
Thankx all.