PDA

View Full Version : swiss pairing program endorsed by FIDE

Chang
05-09-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi,

I'm newbie here. Some Swiss pairing programs claimed they are endorsed by FIDE. How do I know which one is? So far, I know of Swiss manager, Vega, Protos, Swiss Master(Swiss48), and (not sure) Swiss Perfect(Swiss98). Where can I find the list? Thank you.

Regards,
Chang

Denis_Jessop
10-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I'm newbie here. Some Swiss pairing programs claimed they are endorsed by FIDE. How do I know which one is? So far, I know of Swiss manager, Vega, Protos, Swiss Master(Swiss48), and (not sure) Swiss Perfect(Swiss98). Where can I find the list? Thank you.

Regards,
Chang

As at the end of the 2005 FIDE Congress,the only Swiss Pairing Programs endorsed by FIDE were

SWISS MASTER 5.0
SWISS MANAGER
PROTOS and
WINSWISS.

A program for the Dubov system called Vega was still under consideration.

I have not yet seen the minutes of the 2006 Congress so I'm not sure what happened there. For more information the follwing are relevant extracts from the FIDE Minutes. These can also be found on the FIDE website by going to the drop-down menu Home/Minutes.

75th FIDE Congress, Calvia 21 - 312 October 2004
Swiss pairing Committee Report (extract)
1. Endorsement of submitted programs.
Due to the timetable of the congress and overlapping of meetings there were only two members of
the committee present. Therefore the following decisions were taken at the meeting of the Technical
Commission:
There are three Swiss programs unanimously proposed for endorsement by the General Assembly:
- SWISS Master 5.0 from Netherlands (a progressed version of the SWISS Master 4.8)
- SWISS Manager from Austria
- PROTOS
The other two programs formerly endorsed (of Mr.Weber (GER) and of Mr.Bordonada(PHI)) are
invited to submit their application to the next year.

General Assembly minutes (extract)
General Assembly approved the Swiss Pairings Committee report.

76th FIDE Congress (Executive Board), Dresden 17 - 24 August 2005
Swiss Pairing Committee Report (extract)
1. Endorsement of newly submitted Swiss Pairing programs.
1.1. Program WINSWISS ( Dutch System) programmed by Franz-Josef Weber. Messrs. Stubenvoll,
Markkula and Krause reported that they had checked the new version of the program and have not
found any problems which might prevent the endorsement of the program. The proposal to endorse
the program was unanimously accepted.

1.2. Program VEGA (Dubov System) programmed by Luigi Foriano. Messrs. Stubenvoll, Markkula
and Krause reported that they had checked the program to the result that it looks to be a promising
new program using the Dubov System. To investigate the program more deeply the time until end
of September 2005 is needed. The committee accepted unanimously the proposal to authorize the
subcommittee Mr. Krause, Mr. Markkula, Mr. Stubenvoll to endorse the program if this deeper
investigation verifies the quality of the program.

Board MInutes (extract)
Committee Chairman Mr. Christian Krause presented his report. Mr. Krause
informed that the program from Mr. Weber was endorsed in its new version.
There was a program from Mr. Ferlano from Italy, working with Dubov system;
it is to be endorsed subject to future testing, before the end of September 2005.

.................................................. .................

• Executive Board approved the report of the Swiss Pairings
Committee.

DJ