PDA

View Full Version : I wanna hear from newcomers

Trent Parker
12-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Why is it that all these newcomers joining the bulletin board are not getting envolved and posting something. What is the use of Registering as a user wen if you are just going to read the posts you can do that without registering

\NEWCOMERS LET'S HERE FROM YOU!!!!

Garvinator
12-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Why is it that all these newcomers joining the bulletin board are not getting envolved and posting something. What is the use of Registering as a user wen if you are just going to read the posts you can do that without registering

i suspect it is because they read the amount of trash that gets said on here and they say to themselves, if i post something silly ill get abused.

Trent Parker
12-03-2004, 09:03 AM
then why register?

jenni
12-03-2004, 09:51 AM
then why register?

maybe they want to do something productive like the chess training (of which Jeo keeps reminding me)

Bill Gletsos
12-03-2004, 10:21 AM
i suspect it is because they read the amount of trash that gets said on here and they say to themselves, if i post something silly ill get abused.
I'm sure thats totally correct.
Most people who have asked reasonable questions, have received reasonable responses. For example look at the questions asked in the arbitering threads.
Its only when someone gets on with an aim to push a personal or possibly hidden agenda that they get attacked.
Either that or they act like a goose. :whistle:

Kevin Bonham
12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Either that or they act like a goose. :whistle:

...or a young earth creationist. :eek:

Thunk
12-03-2004, 03:04 PM

mr parkEr

as an infrEquEnt postEr, i can assurE thE morE prolific among you that thE rEason for minilmal posting has nothing to do with ridiculE of nEwcomErs who havE kEyboard afflictions, spElling afflictions <likE hErE whEn hEar is mEant>, bullying, lack of logic, typE-bEforE-think, nor boring add-ons. as wE know, such problEms don’t hold back othEr postErs.

:uhoh: :lol: thE HUNK :lol: :uhoh:

Trent Parker
12-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh i did not realise that the registration for the training was the same as the BB. :oops:

skip to my lou
12-03-2004, 10:05 PM
its not

skip to my lou
12-03-2004, 10:10 PM
testing time, a contest we ran along time ago got 700 or 800 contestants. The strategy section of chesskit has 10's of thousands of members. Play Chess has about 1500 members and Play Chess is coming back soon thanks to VPSColo.

Trent Parker
13-03-2004, 12:52 PM
maybe they want to do something productive like the chess training (of which Jeo keeps reminding me)

Oh i did not realise that the registration for the training was the same as the BB. :oops:

its not
???

we scaring them away Jeo? :lol:

skip to my lou
13-03-2004, 12:58 PM
NAHHHH *extreme sarcasm*

Trent Parker
13-03-2004, 01:16 PM
ROTFL :lol:

Trent Parker
13-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Death to the BB!!

Not really we have to encourage newcomers to post. Need to take out some of the trash talk. but i might as well :wall: :doh: :rolleyes:

Mischa
08-05-2004, 11:05 PM
O.K I'm a newcomer, and yes you all intimidate me. I am only a lowly parent who is only barely computer literate.

Mischa
08-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Jeo, you scare me. Who are you? you are every where. Do you have another life?

Alan Shore
08-05-2004, 11:09 PM
O.K I'm a newcomer, and yes you all intimidate me. I am only a lowly parent who is only barely computer literate.

Hi noidea, I don't believe in being intimidated, on BB's or in life, it's always your perogative to say what you want to say and have no qualms about it.

As for computer literacy, the more you practice and utilise the resources of technology the more adept you'll become :)

skip to my lou
08-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Jeo, you scare me. Who are you? you are every where. Do you have another life?

Why do I scare you?

What do you mean I am everywhere?

Trent Parker
08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
hi noidea don't get intimidated by the goons on the bb. They just get over the top every now and again, sometimes, a lot of the time, almost all the time. :lol:

weadley
18-05-2004, 06:35 AM
I was specifically instructed to join up and not post becuase I was told that it would really piss off that tparker guy!

Joking!

Say???? Where DO we get training at????

I could use the help.. please reply

skip to my lou
18-05-2004, 06:56 AM
At the top of this page, click the training button on the main site menu bar.

Trent Parker
18-05-2004, 04:39 PM
I was specifically instructed to join up and not post becuase I was told that it would really piss off that tparker guy!

Joking!

Say???? Where DO we get training at????

I could use the help.. please reply

lol. It has to be something bloody major to piss me off :lol:

I am a fairly docile person.... normally.... :uhoh: :whistle: :evil:

shunsatsu
02-06-2004, 08:43 PM
I'll be honest , i have been lurking for a while , and every now and then i will play againgst the sparring partner, but i have never beaten it.

i have been playing chess for a month now and i have decided to take it very seriously.

also i am thinking about buying chessmaster 9000, what do you guys think of this program for a beginer like me??

i am currently in Japan and i dont have much pc access untill i get back to Cairns next month.

Rincewind
02-06-2004, 08:54 PM
I'll be honest , i have been lurking for a while , and every now and then i will play againgst the sparring partner, but i have never beaten it.

i have been playing chess for a month now and i have decided to take it very seriously.

also i am thinking about buying chessmaster 9000, what do you guys think of this program for a beginer like me??

i am currently in Japan and i dont have much pc access untill i get back to Cairns next month.

Hey shunsatsu. You might want to post this question in the Chess Software forum. You will probably get a better response.

I've not used Chessmaster 9000 and I've only seen Fritz occasionally. But either program is probably good as a first step. Fritz seems to be the bee's knees at the moment so my uninformed opinion is to lean towards that.

For my money though, nothing beats playing against people. Play at a club, school, weekenders, when friends come over, etc. I think that is what it is all about.

If you need a hand reposting your question in the Software forum, let me know.

JGB
02-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I still consider myself a bit of a newcomer... (so now youv'e heard from me, what?) ;)

PHAT
02-06-2004, 11:57 PM
I agree with:

For my money though, nothing beats playing against people. Play at a club, school, weekenders, when friends come over, etc. I think that is what it is all about.

Enjoy a dirty weekend with chess before you get engaged. If you marry the cow straight away, you might find that a dud honeymoon is the beginning of a nasty divorce.

Trent Parker
04-06-2004, 01:23 AM
I still consider myself a bit of a newcomer... (so now youv'e heard from me, what?) ;)

Yeah but you post on these boards quite a bit. i'm talking about those people who register and don't post.

Rincewind
04-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Yeah but you post on these boards quite a bit. i'm talking about those people who register and don't post.

I know, like me.

Alan Shore
04-06-2004, 02:04 AM
I know, like me.

Rincewind
04-06-2004, 10:39 AM

I notice the new avatar. Does that mean I'm now cleared to use Dark Magician? Not that I will, perhaps if I get back into YGO sometime soon.

Alan Shore
04-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I notice the new avatar. Does that mean I'm now cleared to use Dark Magician? Not that I will, perhaps if I get back into YGO sometime soon.

You're welcome to follow in my footsteps Barry :p

Rincewind
04-06-2004, 12:24 PM
You're welcome to follow in my footsteps Barry :p

It wouldn;t have been a problem if Final Fantasy hadn't ripped of YuGi-Oh! in the first place. :eek:

ursogr8
04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Baz

You know that you have my permission.
Anything, to get rid of that squared pen in a rowdy howl.. ;)

starter