PDA

View Full Version : chesslover's claim that paul B has acted in a corrupt manner.

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
chesslover said this:

WHAT? WHAT WHAT WHAT

This is SHOCKING.I wanted for my own post too, so that means that if david voted for it, then I should have 2 votes - 2 votes at least

I AM BEING ROBBED, ROBBED, ROBBED

This is so unfair. They are ROBBING me

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME

Corruption and vote rigging in the ACF, Just what is going on?

then cl with this:

NO, NO ,NO ,NO

Only one post of mine got votes - that about electronic democracy. That was teh vote that david Richards, one of the most intelligent and articulate man here, thought fit to nominate

I voted for that, as I though that the post that David nominated was very good. If he voted - then there is at leats 2 votes for that post

This is blatent vote tampering. This is very very shocking and serious matter,that demands a full and impartial investigation

WHY is Paul B not counting the votes for me, and declaring Starter as teh winner?

then this:

but I voted for my own post, as I thought that in all fairness that was the best post of 2003. So too did that great man, David Richards

now 1+1 = 2

so my post should have had 2 (TWO) votes at the very least

yet Paul B, says I have one...

I have been robbed of a vote - at the very least

The election has been hijacked, and a robbery of votes has taken place. I am very upset, and now know how Al Gore must have felt

This is so unfair, and cruel
then this:

Just what is going on here? This is power mad dictatorship to the extreme, and the BB voters have had their votes stolen by PaulB. He has had a sham election, that would even do Stalin and Saddam proud..

then this:

I never called paul B corrupt. Go through the posts in this thread, and you will find that I never ever called paul corrupt.

I called him a dictator, who had ignored teh wishes of the BB voters and a meglomaniac, but not corrupt. And neither did I call him an idiot

And I do not think Paul B is corrupt. Why on earth would he do this just to get $50 - which by the way goes to someone else not him.

Maybe Paul just made a mistake - he is not perfect.

then this:

I always thought that paul b, was a fair man - but why is he involved in thsi conspiracy to defraud me of my win. I thought as a person working for the Daily Tele, he had integrity, yet he is not counting my 3 votes

then this:

I did not call Paul B corrupt. but if people got that impression then I apologise to Paul b , and withdraw any implications of that. That was not teh intention

I think i have provided evidence to the contrary about cl's claims that he did not call paul or the acf corrupt.

Bill Gletsos
08-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Nice summary gg. :clap:

chesslover
08-03-2004, 08:41 PM
you aretaking things out of context, and blowing thinsg up way out of propertion

I do nto think you should start this thread

I have said that as far as I am concerned, that I did not call paulb corrupt (although I did admit that I said he was robing votes, and a powermad dictator) and have said that if people unintentionally thought that, I woudl withdraw any such imputations and apologise unreservedly

Sometimes in the heat of the moment, when people think that they have been wronged they get emotional.

This matter as far as I am concerned is over, and we should move on. Yet you keep on harping on this issue over and over again

skip to my lou
08-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Just what is going on here? This is power mad dictatorship to the extreme, and the BB voters have had their votes stolen by PaulB. He has had a sham election, that would even do Stalin and Saddam proud..

Corruption and vote rigging in the ACF

Nuff said :cool:

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 08:51 PM
you aretaking things out of context, and blowing thinsg up way out of propertion

I do nto think you should start this thread

dont like it hey when someone else is making you accountable for your actions.

I have said that as far as I am concerned, that I did not call paulb corrupt (although I did admit that I said he was robing votes, and a powermad dictator) and have said that if people unintentionally thought that, I woudl withdraw any such imputations and apologise unreservedly

dont make me go back and re quote your own words back to you saying that you called Paul B corrupt, i would have thought by now that if what i was quoting was wrong then someone else would have disagreed with my beginning of this thread.

Sometimes in the heat of the moment, when people think that they have been wronged they get emotional.

this does not provide a justification defence when you are accusing the acf webmaster and acf of corruption. Either give further details of how Paul B has been corrupt in his duties or expect a formal complaint to be made regarding your posts.

This matter as far as I am concerned is over, and we should move on. Yet you keep on harping on this issue over and over again
Even though i agreed with your stance regarding the nceg appeals issue, i stated my opinion a couple of times, debated a few points and then left it be. but you would not let it go and kept going on about it, through many threads and posts. You could not just drop it as you are asking me to do here.

*hands cl a taste of his own medicine.

btw cl, thanks for helping me keep ahead of starter on the thread count. :whistle: :whistle: ;)

P.S to all those not interested in this thread, i would advise you to stop reading as I intend to keep the blowtorch on cl. :doh:

Kevin Bonham
08-03-2004, 08:57 PM
CL, the prosecutor has you raked over the coals on this one. I would quit now and go for a plea bargain if I were you.

chesslover
08-03-2004, 09:00 PM
P.S to all those not interested in this thread, i would advise you to stop reading as I intend to keep the blowtorch on cl. :doh:

why?

cant we all get along? the world is too small and life too short to carry grudges

letbygones be bygones and let us move on

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 09:00 PM
CL, the prosecutor has you raked over the coals on this one. I would quit now and go for a plea bargain if I were you.
I will take that the prosecutor is me, interesting, i thought i was the thread police :whistle: but anyways.

Sorry no plea bargains, to quote angie harmon from law and order, no deals for anyone, lets hang em all ;)

chesslover
08-03-2004, 09:09 PM

I said that I did not call paul B corrupt, but said that if I did it unintentionally I apologise unreservedly for paul is definitly not corrupt

it is a sad indictment on our society when people keep on harping and harping on what you stated in a moment of passion, especially when you have apologised unreservedly, and did not mean what was understood.

instead of moving on or finding conciliation, people want to fight, even when the other person had said that they apologise if they did offend.

skip to my lou
08-03-2004, 09:10 PM
dont make me go back and re quote

Bit late :uhoh:

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Bit late :uhoh:
:lol: ill take the soft option and just tell cl to go back and read all the posts in the best posts of 2003 and in this thread too :uhoh: :wall:

Alan Shore
08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
If any thread should be deleted, it's this one - what a waste of bandwith. Grow up kiddies.

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 09:56 PM
If any thread should be deleted, it's this one - what a waste of bandwith. Grow up kiddies.
i think ppl claiming that the acf and webmaster are corrupt is a serious issue. You dont have to read this thread if you dont want to ;)

Bill Gletsos
08-03-2004, 09:58 PM
No, Bruce you are W-R-O-N-G. ;)

CL should be held accountable for his posts.

chesslover
08-03-2004, 10:12 PM
i think ppl claiming that the acf and webmaster are corrupt is a serious issue. You dont have to read this thread if you dont want to ;)

But I did NOT claim that Paul B was corrupt. I am from eastern europe and my english got lost in the trasaltion. Given that I have said that I did not intentionally call PaulB corrupt, and that I have apologised if people thought I did say that there is no more issue on this topic

I have also specifically stated that paulb is not corrupt, for is he was he would have given me the win as it would benefit him as I told him I would give him the money for the ACF website.

SO all you are doing is being a very poor sport and flogging a dead horse - where I have said there is no issue, and that if people thought there was such an issue then I apologise, and retract any implications and that in subsequent posts I have said specifially that paulb is not corrupt

I too think this thread should be locked, and it is childish and immature

how would you like it, if i started threads for all your mistakes - such as the one where Greg gave you a sound ticking off for being smarty to him on the March rating thread?

let us move on and i think this thread shoulds be locked or deleted

PHAT
08-03-2004, 10:14 PM
We all know what a fickle dude CL is here.
We also know PB is a journo and can take it annd dish it out.
CL has flown off the handle and PB is ignoring him on this issue.

We should all ignore the whole thing and let CL and PB sort it out. :rolleyes:

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 10:15 PM
how would you like it, if i started threads for all your mistakes - such as the one where Greg gave you a sound ticking off for being smarty to him on the March rating thread?

and if you had read on, we agreed that we both read the post the same way, taking the piss and having a laugh. im going to call you a goose now as you deserve it.

chesslover
08-03-2004, 10:34 PM
We all know what a fickle dude CL is here.
We also know PB is a journo and can take it annd dish it out.
CL has flown off the handle and PB is ignoring him on this issue.

We should all ignore the whole thing and let CL and PB sort it out. :rolleyes:

But paul and I have sorted this out. There is no problem. I stated thatif I called him corrupt then it was unintentional and I apologised to him unreservedly and withdrew any statements that imputed that. I did admit that I called paulb evil and dictator, as I was in the heat of the moment, but then paulb said this

"must say I feel flattered, not defamed, by the Machievallian imputations: to claim that I, having endured some flak for allowing CL's multi-self-nominations, should then deliberately ignore his decisive self-vote, is to attribute to me a level of perversity more monumental than I had hitherto allowed myself in even my most grandiose delusions ... but having such greatness thrust upon me, I shall rise - or sink - to the occasion Let's have a Royal Commission!"

given that this is all over, I just do not know why some drag through a non issue again and again and again...

I am willing to move on, and have been from the start....

Garvinator
08-03-2004, 11:07 PM
cause you were the one in the firing line, had the roles been reversed, which they have with other ppl you would have kept hammering the issue again and again.

I was expecting the im sorry defence. It very convenient to believe that each time you say something inflammatory you can just say im sorry and all will be forgiven, but there are some issues that a simple apology does not suffice.

I have taken the long handle to make you accountable for your actions. You still have not denied that you called the acf corrupt- see my first post. Are you going to apologise for that too or claim that wasnt said.

Btw why are you still pursuing the missing vote as you claim it.

Ill give you a bit of a hand here cause you seem to need it.

I think the word you would have been better of using would have been incompetent, not corrupt. By claiming that Paul and the acf was corrupt, you have implied that paul gained something through changing the votes to suit one person over another. How would Paul have gained and even if he could have gained something, would it have been enough to put a reputation at stake?

Bill Gletsos
08-03-2004, 11:23 PM
cause you were the one in the firing line, had the roles been reversed, which they have with other ppl you would have kept hammering the issue again and again.
You got that one right gg.

I was expecting the im sorry defence.[/qupte]
Yes you could see that one coming a mile away.

[QUOTE=ggrayggray]It very convenient to believe that each time you say something inflammatory you can just say im sorry and all will be forgiven, but there are some issues that a simple apology does not suffice.

I have taken the long handle to make you accountable for your actions. You still have not denied that you called the acf corrupt- see my first post. Are you going to apologise for that too or claim that wasnt said.
Actually he has denied that he called paulb corrupt.
In fact for I think the first time, CL has used the "lack of English and it got lost in the translation" excuse.

This is of course extremley lame as he quite clearly called the ACF corrupt.
Since only paulb was involved in ay of this, this clearly equated to calling paulb corrupt.

CL of course seems to tatally fail to see this, or sees it and totally refuses to acknowlege it.

I think the word you would have been better of using would have been incompetent, not corrupt. By claiming that Paul and the acf was corrupt, you have implied that paul gained something through changing the votes to suit one person over another. How would Paul have gained and even if he could have gained something, would it have been enough to put a reputation at stake?
Well obviously CL just had a brain snap and wasnt thinking clearly when he called the ACF/paulb corrupt. As you said, at worst he should have calimed they were incompetent.

If course CL's outbursts were just typical snafus on his part and he totally fubar'd the situation.

arosar
09-03-2004, 08:43 AM
I only have one thing to ask. What does rake in over the coals mean?

AR