PDA

View Full Version : The Drouin Open

biggles
04-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Sorry for such a late report. The inaugural Drouin Open was a very successful tournament, with 49 players involved.
Winner was Chris De Pasquale with 6/7
There were a number of young players from the Gippsland region, some playing in their first tournament.
Financially...I lost $1100 on the tourney, but who cares. Money is but a means to an end and the end was achieved. So many people playing, watching, and begging for more.
I will gladly sponsor such an event next year, and I hope to see you all there.

David Bell
Organiser

ursogr8
04-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Sorry for such a late report. The inaugural Drouin Open was a very successful tournament, with 49 players involved.
Winner was Chris De Pasquale with 6/7
There were a number of young players from the Gippsland region, some playing in their first tournament.
Financially...I lost $1100 on the tourney, but who cares. Money is but a means to an end and the end was achieved. So many people playing, watching, and begging for more.
I will gladly sponsor such an event next year, and I hope to see you all there.

David Bell
Organiser

David
I notice the AGE newspaper column gave your event a good exposure in the Chess column. Congratulations on the turn-out
starter

PHAT
04-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I lost $1100 on the tourney, but who cares. Money is but a means to an end and the end was achieved. So many people playing, watching, and begging for more.

I hope you turn that balance sheet around next year. Running a at a lost is not fun. I urge all Vic players to enter the Drouin next year.

Good on you and good luck.