PDA

View Full Version : FRITZ and Chessbase

JGB
03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Hello,

How many of you guys have Fritz, and or play over the Chessbase or (playchess) server? How do you find the site compared to others.
I find Fritz undoubtably the best chess program for game anlysis on the market.

arosar
05-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Hello,

How many of you guys have Fritz, and or play over the Chessbase or (playchess) server? How do you find the site compared to others.

In playchess, how do I view a player's profile? I'm logged in as guest at the moment to try it out a bit. It looks inferior to ICC actually.

AR

JGB
05-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Just right mouse click and 'picture' gives you all the details.

Dunno why the call it picture and not player details or something?

arosar
09-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Whaddya boys reckon of Big Database 2004? Any good?

AR

bgriffenchop
10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Hello,

I use Fritz 11 with Rybka 2.3 on MP for analysis. I just use the Fritz interface. Depending on positions I change my engine for analysis. Shredder for positional analysis, Rybka tactical. I rarely use Fritz - it's no where near as powerful as the others on higher multi-processor systems. Having the chessbase 2008 database (2 odd million annotated GM games) is great for analysis as well and makes your moves more... correct - even if Rybka sees mate in 19#.

As for chessbase - yes I do use it almost everyday! Although, paying for an account was a bit of a mistake, you do get more for a paid account through ICC but the interface might be slightly harder to get around (though once you get used to it its fine). Anyways, all for now.

Best of Luck

bgriffenchop
10-03-2008, 09:23 AM
In playchess, how do I view a player's profile? I'm logged in as guest at the moment to try it out a bit. It looks inferior to ICC actually.

AR

ICC and playchess are as good and as bad as each other. You just right click on a player to see their profile. There are issues with both the systems. I suggest you have a more of a play around before you jump to any conclusions.

Davidflude
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I use Fritz 11 with Rybka 2.3 on MP for analysis. I just use the Fritz interface. Depending on positions I change my engine for analysis. Shredder for positional analysis, Rybka tactical. I rarely use Fritz - it's no where near as powerful as the others on higher multi-processor systems. Having the chessbase 2008 database (2 odd million annotated GM games) is great for analysis as well and makes your moves more... correct - even if Rybka sees mate in 19#.

As for chessbase - yes I do use it almost everyday! Although, paying for an account was a bit of a mistake, you do get more for a paid account through ICC but the interface might be slightly harder to get around (though once you get used to it its fine). Anyways, all for now.

Best of Luck

I totally confirm what you say about Shredder and Rybka 2.3. I do not use fritz. I also use the chessbase Interface for Rybka. As I have posted previously you have to keep your database up to date. Chessbase makes this really easy for over the board games. It only takes minutes each week.