PDA

View Full Version : Myer Tan Grand Prix results

Brian_Jones
15-06-2006, 10:15 AM
After the long weekend, we have received results from Tasmanian Open and NSW Open/Minor. But we are still awaiting SP files from Vic Open and Adelaide Weekender.

Can anybody contact the DOP's to determine when the SP files will be sent?

Garvinator
17-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Is anyone else unable to get gp results, information to come up? I am getting a message saying Directory listing denied from both the acf webpage and from chessaustralia.

qpawn
17-06-2006, 09:06 PM
me too.

Bill Gletsos
17-06-2006, 09:28 PM
It is now giving a HTTP 403 (Forbidden) error with message "You are not authorized to view this page"

However page http://www.chessaustralia.com.au/grandprix/index.cfm is working.

Unfortunately links from there to the calendar etc although not gfiving any errors are not loading any content.

Brian_Jones
18-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Accident last night when we did some housekeeping and deleted too many files! They are being restored from backup this morning.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Brian_Jones
29-06-2006, 01:30 PM
AUSTRALIAN CHESS FEDERATION - PRESS RELEASE

2006 MYER TAN AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Please find below the 2006 Myer Tan Australian Chess Grand Prix leader boards as at the half way stage, 30 June 2006.

It would be appreciated if the information in these leader boards could be disseminated as widely as possible throughout Australia and overseas.

Victorian junior Dusan Stojic is the current leader, after surprise results in Melbourne, Canberra and the Gold Coast. Dusan looks to have an excellent chance of winning one of the four airfares to Kuala Lumpur for the 2007 Malaysian Open!

But with over 20 events left to play, there is plenty of opportunity for other players to finish strongly!

Leaderboards

Open

71.83 Stojic, Dusan (VIC 1995 4)
67.27 Xie, George (NSW 2324 6)
58.00 Smerdon, David C (VIC 2405 4)
50.00 Froehlich, Peter (VIC 2365 3)
40.00 Johansen, Darryl K (VIC 2453 2)

Junior

105.00 Stojic, Dusan (VIC 1995 4)
46.25 Ikeda, Junta (ACT 2032 3)
41.00 Illingworth, Max (NSW 1786 4)
40.00 Guo-Yuthok, Sherab (ACT 1706 2)
40.00 Ly, Moulthun (QLD 2148 2)

Women

75.00 Moylan, Laura A (NSW 2093 4)
50.00 Kinder, Jessica (QLD 1327 3)
48.50 de Goede, Carla (VIC 0 5)
45.00 Yu, Sally (VIC 1164 2)
45.00 Jule, Alexandra (QLD 1553 2)

Girls

50.00 Kinder, Jessica (QLD 1327 3)
45.00 Yu, Sally (VIC 1164 2)
45.00 Jule, Alexandra (QLD 1553 2)
35.00 Eustace, Sophie (SA 1205 3)
30.00 Reid, Vaness (NSW 1672 1)

U2000

72.50 Stojic, Dusan (VIC 1995 3)
52.92 Wright, Neil S (NSW 1945 4)
40.09 Huynh, Arthur (NSW 1800 4)
36.81 Mendes da Costa, Alex (NSW 1930 3)
33.75 Guo-Yuthok, Sherab (ACT 1706 2)

U1600

35.67 Christensen, Joshua (NSW 1267 3)
34.33 Lei, Yitao (QLD 1342 2)
32.50 Yu, Sally (VIC 1164 2)
31.70 Parker, Trent (NSW 1490 3)
30.00 Lam, David (NSW 1488 1)

Unrated

42.50 Saksena, Kaushik (NSW 0 2)
37.50 Thornton, Andrew (VIC 0 4)
33.00 Cameron, James (QLD 0 2)
30.00 Mulambya, Adam (NONE 0 1)
27.17 Au, Dennis (VIC 0 3)

Igor_Goldenberg
29-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Victorian junior Dusan Stojic is the current leader, after surprise results in Melbourne, Canberra and the Gold Coast. Dusan looks to have an excellent chance of winning one of the four airfares to Kuala Lumpur for the 2007 Malaysian Open!

I guess three successes in a row it is not a surprise, but a well deserved result!

Candy-Cane
04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey just wondering has the Nell Van tournament on the Gold Coast now a class 4 tournament? And is the Adelaide tournament now class 4 too? Because on the sheet its says there 2 and 3 so I guess now they are now class 4 hey?

Garvinator
04-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey just wondering has the Nell Van tournament on the Gold Coast now a class 4 tournament? And is the Adelaide tournament now class 4 too? Because on the sheet its says there 2 and 3 so I guess now they are now class 4 hey?
Yes, NVDG is now a gp 4:

Brian_Jones
05-07-2006, 09:42 AM

Yes, some tournaments have opted to upgrade.

See the latest calendar at: http://www.chessaustralia.com.au/grandprix/index.cfm?p=calendar

Brian_Jones
12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
ANU upgraded to Class 4.

Awaiting results (SP files or text) from Lidums Checkmate Open in Adelaide. They must have a slow internet connection!

Candy-Cane
13-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Just wondering why arent the Aus champ/open (whatever it was this year can't remember) and Aus Jr on the GP?

bergil
14-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Just wondering why arent the Aus champ/open (whatever it was this year can't remember) and Aus Jr on the GP?
I think its because they are not a weekend tournament.

Candy-Cane
16-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Is there any information on this tournament at all? :hmm: All it says is the date and thats its on the Gold Coast, not what time it starts/finishes or even the venue because I couldnt find anything on the Qld site or else where unless I'm mistaken.

Is there a leaflet!!??:owned:

Can information be provided soon please?:clap:

Garvinator
16-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Is there any information on this tournament at all? :hmm: All it says is the date and thats its on the Gold Coast, not what time it starts/finishes or even the venue because I couldnt find anything on the Qld site or else where unless I'm mistaken.

Is there a leaflet!!??:owned:

Can information be provided soon please?:clap:

No information yet.

Brian_Jones
17-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Best to try www.gardinerchess.com

Garvinator
17-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Best to try www.gardinerchess.com
I already answered ;) There is no information yet, it is being drawn as we speak by the organisers. Information should be out in the next few days.

Brian_Jones
22-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Phil Viner's column in The Weekend Australian newspaper included the current standings in the 2006 Myer Tan Australian Chess Grand Prix.

Candy-Cane
31-07-2006, 12:14 PM
hey why didnt I get any points for the July Weekender, I played one game in the Australia Day Weekender, 2004, which still contributed to points (not SCORING mind you). I paid my entry, and I did SCORE, well only 0.5 because i only played 2 games (and due to feeling ill with a headache I didnt play the rest) I should still get ponits as I DID PLAY in the July weeknder at Parramatta. Honestly I could have played the rest of my games and still scored 0.5. :clap:

bergil
31-07-2006, 12:49 PM
hey why didnt I get any points for the July Weekender, I played one game in the Australia Day Weekender, 2004, which still contributed to points (not SCORING mind you). I paid my entry, and I did SCORE, well only 0.5 because i only played 2 games (and due to feeling ill with a headache I didnt play the rest) I should still get ponits as I DID PLAY in the July weeknder at Parramatta. Honestly I could have played the rest of my games and still scored 0.5. :clap:
The points have not been allocated yet so you'll have to wait but maybe theres will be an issue over whether you may be given any points because you were an unapproved withdrawal from the July weekender? :hmm:

Good luck to you if you do because those points will put you on top of the Girls division in the GP. :D

Candy-Cane
11-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I noticed my points from the Parramatta tournament that were published have now been taken away and no reason for this has been given.

As I already said in an earlier post (which no one from the organisers of the grand prix have given a response to), I did paid my entry fee and play in the tournament. I think it is absolutely disgusting that no one has the decency to provide an explanation for this.

I also noticed that nothing in the rules seem to state about finishing a tournament (And I DID play)

Furthermore, looking at other results I nocticed Charmian Zhang was given grand prix points with not playing every game in the tournament (getting a score of 2/7, 1 point being given through byes. At least my half a point was earned towards the grand prix, well as it so seemed previously) I guess its ok to rock up late as you feel like it, altough it seems to be a different story with leaving early.

Garvinator
11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I noticed my points from the Parramatta tournament that were published have now been taken away and no reason for this has been given.

As I already said in an earlier post (which no one from the organisers of the grand prix have given a response to), I did paid my entry fee and play in the tournament. I think it is absolutely disgusting that no one has the decency to provide an explanation for this.

I also noticed that nothing in the rules seem to state about finishing a tournament (And I DID play)

Furthermore, looking at other results I nocticed Charmian Zhang was given grand prix points with not playing every game in the tournament (getting a score of 2/7, 1 point being given through byes. At least my half a point was earned towards the grand prix, well as it so seemed previously) I guess its ok to rock up late as you feel like it, altough it seems to be a different story with leaving early.

have you written to the grand prix director about your concerns, or written to your state delegate.

Reminder that this board is not an official communication source.

Brian_Jones
12-08-2006, 09:17 AM
The ACF has instructed me not to award GP points to Vaness Reid at Parramatta. Apparently she was an unauthorised withdrawal (did not turn up for round 3 onwards without notifying the arbiter).

Appeals must go to ACF via your State officials.

Vaness, please be aware that I read this BB only from time to time (and not when I am out of the office or overseas!)

Brian_Jones
18-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Only the top players at Launceston have been scored so far in the GP.

The full results will be delayed as SP98 files are not carrying ACF ids.

Yes, there are still DOPs out there who don't know how to properly import players into Swissperfect!

Tutorial is available at http://www.chessaustralia.com.au/grandprix/index.cfm?p=section&a=organisers

Garvinator
03-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Been thinking about the three tournaments that are coming up this weekend- Elwood, Gosford and Burnie.

All three tournaments are class 1, but there is a massive difference in the strength of the players.

If a person is wanting to earn gp points, why would they go to Elwood, when the potential to earn the same points is alot easier at Burnie?

Isnt this a flaw in the current system and should be addressed for next year's gp?

Brian_Jones
04-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Been thinking about the three tournaments that are coming up this weekend- Elwood, Gosford and Burnie.

All three tournaments are class 1, but there is a massive difference in the strength of the players.

If a person is wanting to earn gp points, why would they go to Elwood, when the potential to earn the same points is alot easier at Burnie?

Isnt this a flaw in the current system and should be addressed for next year's gp?

Tournament organisers have their own budgets and objectives.

Players select events based on a wide range of factors.

Not all tournaments have to be in the Grand Prix.

But I think Elwood might be Class 4 or 5 in 2007! :)

Then there could be more inter-state entries.

Garvinator
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
But I think Elwood might be Class 4 or 5 in 2007! :) This is good news :) as it should be ;)

Kevin Bonham
05-11-2006, 09:46 PM

People want to earn GP points as a means to an end: they mean $$$.

This means that while weaker class 1s might be seen as easy pickings, they are typically held in areas relatively remote from the major centres, and hence with added costs that might discourage GP pointshunters from going looking for easy scalps.

If strongish players do want to travel to remoter areas and compete in "weaker" tournaments to grab more GP points then more power to them, this is exactly the sort of thing the GP should encourage - as such I see no need to change the system - although a really strong event like Elwood should ideally be much higher than class 1.

(As for Burnie, not modesty, but a very strange tournament condition previously mentioned in passing on the board, currently prevents me from saying anything about it!)

Desmond
06-11-2006, 08:50 AM
(As for Burnie, not modesty, but a very strange tournament condition previously mentioned in passing on the board, currently prevents me from saying anything about it!)C'mon Kevin, let's hear it. After all, who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Kevin Bonham
06-11-2006, 11:36 AM
C'mon Kevin, let's hear it. After all, who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

The big bad wolf might try banning me from tournaments it runs if I don't abide by the condition I have signed, and I wouldn't want to give the big bad wolf that sort of attempt at satisfaction. :D

I just got legal advice about the tournament condition in question - which does indicate that I can say some things about the tournament without breaching the condition of entry (which I can't quote here since it was probably drafted by a person currently banned from this site). Also there is nothing to stop me PMing people, or emailing, but if I email and cc: to others I become a naughty boy. I have now written to the BCC requesting certain permissions concerning public comment about the event. :hmm:

Desmond
06-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Kevin, now you're just teasing. Someone currently banned from this BB, with some connections to the Burnie Chess Club ... I wonder who could that be? :hmm:

arosar
16-11-2006, 08:35 AM
The big bad wolf might try banning me from tournaments it runs if I don't abide by the condition I have signed, and I wouldn't want to give the big bad wolf that sort of attempt at satisfaction. :D

I just got legal advice about the tournament condition in question - which does indicate that I can say some things about the tournament without breaching the condition of entry (which I can't quote here since it was probably drafted by a person currently banned from this site). Also there is nothing to stop me PMing people, or emailing, but if I email and cc: to others I become a naughty boy. I have now written to the BCC requesting certain permissions concerning public comment about the event. :hmm:

What is so special about this event that it has a "no comment" condition?

Let's have the details.

AR

Bill Gletsos
16-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Let's have the details.It simply appears that Phil doesnt want anyone commenting on the event other than himself. :whistle:

On could hope that when his ban is up here he will explain, however he seems more intent on attacking other posters here than actually providing any real chess content.

Garvinator
16-11-2006, 12:34 PM
On could hope that when his ban is up here he will explain, however he seems more intent on attacking other posters here than actually providing any real chess content.
Is it attacking other posters, or just attacking one poster repeatedly ;)

Bill Gletsos
16-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Is it attacking other posters, or just attacking one poster repeatedly ;)He has attacked more than one repeatedly. ;)

Kevin Bonham
16-11-2006, 02:47 PM

Let's have the details.

AR

For confidentiality reasons I won't be publicly going into what I assume to be the background, unless I need to do so to refute inaccurate assertions by anyone else.

The event got a mention in the ACF newsletter so I've dropped my request for permission to provide a limited degree of reporting on it (where this would broaden coverage or add extra detail); it was no longer worth the potential trouble.

arosar
16-11-2006, 03:27 PM
So the restriction is specifically on you, Kevin Bonham, from commenting?

AR

Kevin Bonham
16-11-2006, 03:43 PM
So the restriction is specifically on you, Kevin Bonham, from commenting?

No. The restriction applies to all entrants to the event.

arosar
16-11-2006, 03:46 PM
That's bloody ridiculous! So if I entered this event, I couldn't blog it?

Could you quote for us the relevant sentence in the entry form that makes this restriction? It needs to be verbatim.

Thanks,

AR

Kevin Bonham
16-11-2006, 03:50 PM
That's bloody ridiculous! So if I entered this event, I couldn't blog it?

You would need to apply for permission to do so.

Could you quote for us the relevant sentence in the entry form that makes this restriction? It needs to be verbatim.

Thanks,

AR

I cannot quote it on the board because I strongly suspect it was written by a member who is currently banned from the board, and therefore cannot be quoted on the board.

I shall instead PM it. :D

Garvinator
16-11-2006, 04:14 PM
You would need to apply for permission to do so. and what happens if a person doesnt do this and comments anyways?

Sounds like a great reason not to play in Burnie events. How in the hell did TCA get themselves into this mess in terms of agreeing to this crap.

Kevin Bonham
16-11-2006, 04:22 PM
and what happens if a person doesnt do this and comments anyways?

No idea but I didn't care to find out!

How in the hell did TCA get themselves into this mess in terms of agreeing to this crap.

The TCA never agreed to it.

The entry form was simply released with that condition on it; the TCA was not consulted about the condition.

Garvinator
16-11-2006, 04:25 PM
No idea but I didn't care to find out!I understand that you have more to lose than gain.

Just thinking that some interstate blow in might see what happens ;) :whistle: I was considering a trip to Tassie, but it wont be to Burnie.

arosar
18-11-2006, 06:50 AM
We now have an official reply from Mr Donnelly. Go to blog to read what he had to say about it.

Thanks,

AR

Kevin Bonham
18-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Technically under the rules of this board people shouldn't be linking or quasi-linking to anything written by Mr Donnelly, but since he was banned over his attacks on me and I don't care in this case I doubt it will be a problem.

I've submitted a response - now that AR has given it a header of its own I suggest anyone interested read it there.

I'd be fascinated to know whether Phil's response is really officially on behalf of the BCC in that Club's view. Strongly suspecting not.