PDA

View Full Version : Help with internet connection

jake_054
24-05-2006, 01:40 AM
Hi guys,

I'm moving to Mt Buller in less than a week for work and am just wondering how I go about setting up an internet connection for my laptop and what is the best isp?

Thank you :)

Garvinator
24-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Hi guys,

I'm moving to Mt Buller in less than a week for work and am just wondering how I go about setting up an internet connection for my laptop and what is the best isp?

:hmm: Mt Buller ;)

Rincewind
24-05-2006, 07:51 AM

Note sure but I do know there are a couple of internet cafe's in nearby(ish) Mansfield. One of those might be a local ISP dealer.

Davidflude
24-05-2006, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=jake_054]Hi guys,

working in the snow at Buller - what a ripper.

Remember

1) Mount Buller is an AIDS hotspot.

2) the out of bounds skiing is lethal - you fall you die.

3) ski north side in the mornings and south side after lunch.

4) standard run is an intermediate run that almost never gets crowded

5) Wood run if you love moguls otherwise avoid.

6) the Abom is great for lunch, a good place to take members of the opposite sex

7) always carry snow chains. I saw a holden ute do a 360 one year in October.

8) if you are a low end intermediate spend a day on burnt hut spur.

9) the correct way to ski breakable crust is to retire to the bar.

I intend going to treble cone later this year.

four four two
24-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Remember

1) Mount Buller is an AIDS hotspot.

6) the Abom is great for lunch, a good place to take members of the opposite sex

:eek: :D :whistle: :hmm:

Dozy
24-05-2006, 02:40 PM
:eek: :D :whistle: :hmm:Sez it all, don't it!

Garvinator
24-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi guys,

Mind if I ask roughly where you are staying, I am familiar with where most things are on the mountain. If you are staying in one of the lodges, then dial up is your only option. Well it was in 2005. Only some of the big business up there have anything like broadband. Not sure if wireless is available.

The main isp's are in mansfield as Rincewind said.

Garvinator
24-05-2006, 04:09 PM
That is where the 2004 ASTC, 2005 Australian Open and juniors was held.

jake_054
25-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I will be working at the Black Cockatoo and the Apre Cafe. I'm a 2nd year apprentice chef, so i'll be staying in staff quaters at the Mecure Chalet.

So my wireless connection will be of no use to me by the sounds of things? :(

arosar
25-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Mind if I ask roughly where you are staying, I am familiar with where most things are on the mountain.

Mate, you're so in love with the place. I reckon you should just move over there.

AR

Garvinator
25-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Mate, you're so in love with the place. I reckon you should just move over there.

AR
yeah i did like the skifields. But I am sure it isnt just exclusive to mt buller, just that it is the only one i have been to.

ElevatorEscapee
25-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi guys,

Most ISPs will send you a CD with their Internet Connection programs Jake... but you may have to wait a while for your CD to arrive... :)