PDA

View Full Version : Clarification, pliss

Basil
18-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Dear Squad

I had cause to say "F***ing Hilarious" in the Word Games thread. I was advised by someone looking after my hide, that such verbiage might result in very bad things. The word was spelled in full.

I opined that such an excited utterance was more than allowable under the circumstances, as it was clear that the mirth of the moment had overtaken me. The comment was clearly directed at the world and in good humour.

I edited the post nontheless and would appreciate a definitive ruling for 'ron.

Cheers
H

antichrist
19-05-2006, 12:07 AM
This place is like commo China. You can say whatever you like as long as you do not criticise the government.

Basil
19-05-2006, 12:11 AM
This place is like commo China. You can say whatever you like as long as you do not criticise the government.

Careful. FG has fantasies about such set-ups. Even says so in his profile.

Do I need to get a second opinion? I think yes.

ElevatorEscapee
19-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Ummm... polite request that you self censor by putting an asterisk in one of the words in the quote marks in your first sentence (and I don't mean H*larious!) :oops:

Some may have a field day... :rolleyes:

Basil
19-05-2006, 12:30 AM
polite request that you self censor ...
If this is something you would like observed for your own sensibilities, it would be my pleasure to comply.

ElevatorEscapee
19-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Sigh... I am sorry Howard, but I did try my best to warn you. :(

Goodbye Howard, it was sort of nice knowing you... hope we get a chance to meet again sometime in the future.

I have enjoyed your posts, and think they have been far more constructive than those of certain others in equivalent positions.

Take care. :D

Basil
19-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Sigh... I am sorry Howard, but I did try my best to warn you. :(

Goodbye Howard, it was sort of nice knowing you... hope we get a chance to meet again sometime in the future.

I have enjoyed your posts, and think they have been far more constructive than those of certain others in equivalent positions.

Take care. :D

Huh? Is there a funeral I don't know about? Does the bell toll for me?

Kevin Bonham
19-05-2006, 11:33 AM
* No swearing or excessive crudity. Some latitude is shown in mild cases but there is a low tolerance for crude/vulgar abuse towards other posters, particularly those who are relatively new to the board.

Generally we will just edit out occasional instances of swearing and only apply warnings or bans if posters are persistent.

Basil
19-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Kevin.

it was sort of nice knowing you
Damn Straight.

hope we get a chance to meet again sometime in the future.
The pleasure would be all yours. JK.

Nayy, higher!

Right back at ya, mate, but Big Kev's on the job and the world continues to spin:cool:

ElevatorEscapee
19-05-2006, 08:08 PM
... Nayy, higher!...

Yes, you are absolutely correct on that score. The search function is your friend for finding posts from 2004. :)

Right back at ya, mate, but Big Kev's on the job and the world continues to spin:cool:

Big Kev's hand is as to the spin of the world as Warney's hand is to a cricket ball. :lol:

PS Kev, before you ask, feel free to use that one as a sig line. :P :lol: